• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
There are a bunch of weekly and daily milestones that show up in the director with gold icons which all give powerful rewards once you're level 50; strikes, nightfalls, crucible, gambit and completing 20 buonties for Ikora. Additionally, there's a weekly gambit bounty and a weekly wanted bounty from Spider. Iron Banner bounties also give powerful rewards when it's active.

Thanks! Them not showing up until 50 threw me off.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Man I'm a sliver away from Fabled in Comp but this game has really gone down the shitter hard the last week or two. PVP in any form (Iron Banner is the absolute worst and I will never touch that again in its current format) is borderline unplayable now due to the amount of dodgy shit going on in every match. Bit fed up.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
IB's Bite of the Fox roll is Opening Shot and Snapshot. Dang if it had accurized round it would have been a god roll for me.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
man ib sweaty as hell. too damn many blast furnace's now.

no idea why i'm playing anyway, ib has no good guns since d2 began

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Been saying PVP is shit for years it feels like, glad to see people coming around. Only people who like it are people who can stomp on everyone and have salad bar or shaxx shut down the game.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
could only forge one frame before i turned off my ps4

just reached a point where the insanity of the load times, the inefficiency of those quest lines in particular just drove me to a breaking point

i will grit my teeth and get through it for joten and never touch another forge again

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I order a 250GB SSD with a enclosure for my PS4. Hopefully this could help out the atrocious load times and menu loading that is D2.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Getting close to breakneck!

Auto Rifle kills 497/500
Auto Rifle Multikills 100/100
Challenging enemies defeated 150/150
Matches completed 36/40

Breakneck will suck anyway LOL. I dont like AR's... Bungie plays me like a fool every time. Put a carrot in Destiny, even when I'm not hungry, I'll probably chase it.

I do use them for Last Wish though so, maybe.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I order a 250GB SSD with a enclosure for my PS4. Hopefully this could help out the atrocious load times and menu loading that is D2.

I bought a 480 GB Adata ssd over the holidays for $56 (had no idea how cheap SSD's are getting) mostly too put Destiny on. Xbox One X.

TBH I haven't actively noticed a difference. But, I put it on and first used it after a several weeks Destiny hiatus, so it's possibly just the fact I wasnt tuned to the games loading times since I hadn't played in a while. Also possible if I took it off now I'd notice a big slowdown. Who knows. I'm assuming it's helping...

Dec 2, 2017
What's the lowest zoom you can get on a sniper, 35?

IB's Bite of the Fox roll is Opening Shot and Snapshot. Dang if it had accurized round it would have been a god roll for me.
Mine almost has that - accurized, snapshot & moving target. It's been my favourite legendary sniper for months, I like the range advantage it has over Twilight Oath. Bite is the one real keeper out of Iron Banner, imo. Everything else got tossed in the vault pretty quick, but that one's always hung around. Wish there was an energy slot equivalent I could pair w/ Cerberus.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie NEEDS to do something about the rampant AFKing going on in Forges.

You are *never* kicked for inactivity in forges because you're knocked around and die - particularly in bergusia. And matches are short enough and you auto re-queue when it fails that it lets them just keep trying to leech.

I've been matched with the same AFKing asshole 4 forges in a row and I want to scream.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I got the curated version of the The Long Goodbye sniper rifle for the Insight Terminus Nightfall. Took 3 tries and thats without 100k score...all 0 score lol.

Yeah, this 100k thing bonus is BS.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Getting close to breakneck!

Auto Rifle kills 497/500
Auto Rifle Multikills 100/100
Challenging enemies defeated 150/150
Matches completed 36/40

Breakneck will suck anyway LOL. I dont like AR's... Bungie plays me like a fool every time. Put a carrot in Destiny, even when I'm not hungry, I'll probably chase it.

I do use them for Last Wish though so, maybe.

Breakneck is just fun. Trying to chain stacks of Rampage for an entire engagement is like mini game in and of itself. Even if you don't like AR's normally, there's a good chance it may convert you.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
3 more scourges down, another 18 collective pulls and not seeing one person get an Anarchy. :L Have full armor sets for my Warlock and Titan now though. The Warlock set, minus the helmet, is the best looking Warlock set since D1. Real top notch fashion badassery. Hopefully next week is kind enough to give me the hunter boots and cape instead of 3 chest pieces and a fusion rifle :/

Dec 2, 2017
screenshot2019-01-16at5j3c.png

What. The Jade Rabbit is (barely) meta?? Is guardian.gg broken or something? Don't get me wrong, it's one of my absolute favourite weapons, but colour me shocked there isn't something else beating out that tiny percentage. I'm surprised Retold Tale doesn't make the cut either. And as hard as it is to get, I swear I see more Not Forgottens than Polaris Lances. Is this a PC thing?

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, I definitely should. I dont run discord my destiny laptop is a chromebook, i actually tried discord yesterday to be greeted with "Chrome cant run this" or whatever (maybe there's an app?) I typically probably raid late though, like starting at 11PM.

Can't you get the web client for discord to work? Like, if it works in browser on Chrome, I don't see why a Chromebook shouldn't run it. I thought that was the point of those devices.

The rest of you bitching at me, pretty sure you're just glad to criticize me rather than any actual concerns. OK lets run through last night. I watch a youtube of the first two encounters, so I have A LITTLE idea what to expect. First encounter, I tag along trying not too look too lost. Everybody else completes it fine. Second is sparrow racing, I die, doesn't matter somebody else completes it first time. Third thing, hey stay up top and shoot adds. Real hard. 4th, yeah we got bogged down for a couple hours. There was at least one other noob in this group too, and it was never an issue. Nobody was like OMG YOU ANSWERED OUR POST SAYING NO WHAT TO DO AND YOU DONT? REPORTED TO POLICE. Here's the thing, I suck at this game, but I do have a low level of base competency. Give me the easier roles and simple instructions, stand here, shoot that, and I'm not gonna be the reason you lose the raid. I (typically) have high light and the best gear. A lot of groups cant even do that (give simple instructions). That's on them. I just use Xbox LFG, and every post unless you want to wait a while is going to use the tags "experienced players only" or "know what to do". Thing is I get it, I've been on the other end of LFG, and I know the morons that sometimes reply, that you're trying to weed out. I totally get it.

At the end of the day if it's that big an issue the fix is so simple, raid report for one, but even simpler the ol require the emblem. If it's that big an issue and the group doesn't do that, it's on them again.

I mean, where to start? So you think that because you got lucky and found a group to carry you that means it's OK? Also, three hours is a terrible time for clearing Scourge. Like, absolute garbage tier. Blaming the group leader for not checking stats is also terrible. Blaming someone else for trusting you awful. Abusing someone else's trust to get what you want is always wrong.

You say you got bogged down for a couple of hours; you said prior that it was because someone didn't understand CAP. I'm gonna take a guess and lay the blame on you. I'm also going to blame you for the adds not getting cleared effectively, because those snipers are a real problem in that fight. Given how bad you are at getting AR kills in gambit, I think it's quite likely that you weren't clearing for the group. Feel free to link the PGCR to prove otherwise. Just search for yourself on raid.report and post the activity report here.

Just because nobody raged at you in the raid, that doesn't prove anything. Most players are mature enough to understand that raging doesn't get anywhere, and when you start getting mad and kicking players it's hard to recruit replacements mid run, and any replacements you get are likely to be players who were kicked for being trash. I'm sure you already know all this already, right? What with you having 500 clears in VOG alone.

I was gonna say I never have an issue but then I remembered that's not true. My Last Wish completion the group leader was riding me pretty hard. I thought about leaving but decided I valued completing the raid more than my dignity to a point *shrug* so I mostly took it. When we finished my "protest" was abruptly leaving without saying a damn word of thanks or anything, LOL. It felt good to this day.

That is funny, but not in the way you think it is.

Bungie NEEDS to do something about the rampant AFKing going on in Forges.

You are *never* kicked for inactivity in forges because you're knocked around and die - particularly in bergusia. And matches are short enough and you auto re-queue when it fails that it lets them just keep trying to leech.

I've been matched with the same AFKing asshole 4 forges in a row and I want to scream.

This is so annoying. I was in Izanagi the other day with someone doing this. I mean, if they want to go AFK lore farming that's fine - I've done it - just put on low power gear so you only get matched with other players doing the same.

Destiny desperately needs vote kick. It's the only solution for strike AFK too.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
screenshot2019-01-16at5j3c.png

What. The Jade Rabbit is (barely) meta?? Is guardian.gg broken or something? Don't get me wrong, it's one of my absolute favourite weapons, but colour me shocked there isn't something else beating out that tiny percentage. I'm surprised Retold Tale doesn't make the cut either. And as hard as it is to get, I swear I see more Not Forgottens than Polaris Lances. Is this a PC thing?

I bet Wavesplitter isn't at the top because not many people have it still. Otherwise that thing is absolutely nasty. I put my NF away during last IB for it. Its the ultimate shotgun ape shutdown, just jump up and voop.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington

Those low-fire rate Scouts have a cult following because of how consistent they feel and their crispy 3-taps. Any map you can post up outside of pulse rifle consistency range, you can lock down. It's a strategy bound to crop up in a game where such a high percentage of players are carrying a loadout tailored to short and medium range. The problem is that so few maps actually permit anything but short and medium engagements. Next time you wind up on Equinox or Meltdown try out a Scout though. You might be surprised.

Wavesplitter isn't at the top because the energy slot is oversaturated for good weapons.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
That list is about right. For the very few long range maps I see Jades more than any other scout. Furnace will eventually overtake bygones when more people get it. As for the meta, if you can't beat them join them.

After getting NF, I realized that thing is top tier. The range from Luna just makes a huge difference and no drop mag for wasted bullets gives it an edge too. People told me the recoil feels worse but I didn't notice much difference. Only problem is if you go on a streak you will run out of ammo. Something that happens far too often with me. I need like 999 ammo.

Dec 2, 2017
Those low-fire rate Scouts have a cult following because of how consistent they feel and their crispy 3-taps. Any map you can post up outside of pulse rifle consistency range, you can lock down. It's a strategy bound to crop up in a game where such a high percentage of players are carrying a loadout tailored to short and medium range. The problem is that so few maps actually permit anything but short and medium engagements. Next time you wind up on Equinox or Meltdown try out a Scout though. You might be surprised.

No, hey, I wasn't kidding when I said it was one of my favourite weapons, and everything you said is why; it just feels more consistent than it has any reason to. People give it a hard time because Fate of all Fools doesn't do much, but JR's consistency is more meaningful than any gimmicky exotic perk to me. Even before the rate of fire was fixed I was maining it for a good long while. I could never figure out why everyone was so hung up on hand cannons when JR could 3 tap from anywhere. I mean I get it, zoom & handling matter a lot, but still.

The one thing that got me to put it away for a while was feeling like it forced me to play too safe, too passively. On the one hand, my KD has never been higher in my history with this game (heck, any FPS) than it was during that period. But on the other, it was a lot of sitting around camping lanes waiting for stuff to happen. Maybe I just need to learn a new style.

Also, it would be nice if that catalyst dropped some day. The drop rate must be in the range of one in several thousands.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Good night.

Anarchy
Jotunn
Curated hammerhead.

And actually more happy about hammerhead. Has feeding frenzy Rampage, did about 7 or 8 frames with all complete shit rolls. Now I don't have to keep doing the boring ass kill 25 powerful enemies.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Finally, after a couple of week long grinds for the Blast Furnace, I got the Godroll!

• RDL
  • Accurized Rounds/Extended Mag
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • Rampage
  • Range Masterwork

I also got an awesome roll on the HC.

• Drop Mag
  • Kill Clip
  • Rampage

My Stryker's

• Honed Edge
  • Assassin's Blade
  • Surrounded

Still missing some great rolls on the MG, AR, SR, and Bow

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Breakneck is easily in the top 5 of Primary/Kinetic weapons in the game along with (in no particular order) Blast Furnace, Bygones, Midnight Coup, some would argue Chattering Bone/Go Figure, etc.

It depends on the game activity/encounter but having the Breakneck, Blast Furnace (with FF + KC or RP), and Midnight Coup pretty much covers all the bases. Unless of course you decide to use a Sniper or the Threat Level SG in that slot but then there are plenty of Primary options in the energy slot too.

We still need Firefly back as a perk/trait option on Kinetics (outside of Ace of Spades) and a Hung Jury-like tier Scout Rifle to emerge.

Edit: Just general PvE talk, nothing related to the PvP discussion above.

Last edited:

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I can't use any other weapon than Chattering Bone in my Kinetic slot for PvE, because of that clean as fck sight. Must be the cleanest sight in the game.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
What's a god roll on Dust Rock Blues?
Prolly something like Opening Shot, Quickdraw, Accurized Rounds, Full Choke/Rifled Barrel and Range MW.

I like having quality of life perks instead, like Full Auto and Auto-Loading Holster next to Accurized Rounds and Full Choke/Rifled, because I never have to reload the shotgun in crucible after picking up ammo and if I miss a shot, I can get my second shot in quicker.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Prolly something like Opening Shot, Quickdraw, Accurized Rounds, Full Choke/Rifled Barrel and Range MW.

I like having quality of life perks instead, like Full Auto and Auto-Loading Holster next to Accurized Rounds and Full Choke/Rifled, because I never have to reload the shotgun in crucible after picking up ammo and if I miss a shot, I can get my second shot in quicker.
After I posted, I did a quick search and came up with this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a9nxtf/dust_rock_blues_god_roll_farming_guide/

He says Full Choke, Accurized Rounds, Slideshot, Snapshot Sights, and Range MW.

Then I went through the DRBs in my vault and turns out I have: Full Choke, Accurized Rounds, Slideshot, and Range MW. It has Rampage on it, instead of Snapshot.

Gonna have to try it out in IB.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
After I posted, I did a quick search and came up with this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a9nxtf/dust_rock_blues_god_roll_farming_guide/

He says Full Choke, Accurized Rounds, Slideshot, Snapshot Sights, and Range MW.

Then I went through the DRBs in my vault and turns out I have: Full Choke, Accurized Rounds, Slideshot, and Range MW. It has Rampage on it, instead of Snapshot.

Gonna have to try it out in IB.

These are the guys that do nothing but run around pvp maps, sliding on their knees with shotties.

Tell them to pick up a rifle already.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
These are the guys that do nothing but run around pvp maps, sliding on their knees with shotties.

Tell them to pick up a rifle already.
Yes, I know them all too well.

I thought that they were sliding to get closer to me... but it turns out that sliding increases the range of the shotgun.

(I've been playing for years, but I still don't know much about some perks).

Saw this other video:

According to him, Rampage is better than Snapshot Sights.

What's a good mod for this? Rampage Spec? Targeting Adjuster?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I know them all too well.

I thought that they were sliding to get closer to me... but it turns out that sliding increases the range of the shotgun.

(I've been playing for years, but I still don't know much about some perks).

Saw this other video:

According to him, Rampage is better than Snapshot Sights.

What's a good mod for this? Rampage Spec? Targeting Adjuster?

For shotguns u want the Icarus mod. Also, the trade-off between slide shot and opening shot really depends on ur playstyle. Opening shot also adds range to ur shot.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
For shotguns u want the Icarus mod. Also, the trade-off between slide shot and opening shot really depends on ur playstyle. Opening shot also adds range to ur shot.
I've got a Good Bone Structure with Opening Shot and it's a fun shotgun in PVP. Also has Accurized Rounds and Full Bore as well as Range MW so the range is nice.

In other news, my streak continues. 4 days in a row now and 4 Forsaken Exotic weapons. Today it was Trinity Ghoul while doing the Heroic daily mission on Titan. Seems fun but I don't know that I would use it over some of the other cool options for the energy slot.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Dust Rock Blues is a very good shotgun especially with the right perks, mod and MW however, I would encourage people to try The Chaperone as well. It has better RoF, impact and handling as well as MAX range plus the intrinsic perk "The Roadborn" further increases handling, range and precision damage after a precision kill.

If you can land those headshots it's an absolute beast.

Best paired with Trust, Claws of the Wolf, Right Side of Wrong or Horror's Least!

Lastly, don't pass on Lord of Wolves! A lot of fun as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.