• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Dust Rock Blues is a very good shotgun especially with the right perks, mod and MW however, I would encourage people to try The Chaperone as well. It has better RoF, impact and handling as well as MAX range plus the intrinsic perk "The Roadborn" further increases handling, range and precision damage after a precision kill.

If you can land those headshots it's an absolute beast.

Best paired with Trust, Claws of the Wolf, Right Side of Wrong or Horror's Least!

Lastly, don't pass on Lord of Wolves! A lot of fun as well.
Yeah, but u gotta have actual skill to use slug shotties like the Chaperone. :d

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bruvs, you need not use any other cannon held by the hand once you get a Dukie with rapid hit. Essentially all of its stats become perfected with it. Only downside to it is RPM, and I wouldn't say the difference between 110 and 150 are that important in PVE.

Know this to be true, lest you force me to write multiple paragraphs of text to argue my point that you probably won't read because I lack the ability to write in a concise manner.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I have a outlaw rampage one, it's collecting dust in my vault whenever I find hand cannons actually fun to use.

Your loss bruh, Umm, a little birdie showed me that your fav weapons are:

Kinetic:
Origin Story/Bygones/Tigerspit

Energy:
Uriel's
Graviton
Positive..

Serious lack of Better Devils, Midnight Coup, Trust or even the Ikeow HC needed for all that crap n Mars.

Poor Edit when Trust is better in the energy slot. There's a reason nobody uses Nation when Trust exists... Also, Kindred Orchid feels better than Nation

Which goes back to why Bungie screwed up the loot in LW because there is something that is better in each weapon category and there's no real reason to grind for the perfect roll in any of the gear in LW. Even 1kV is generally useful. like anywhere.... (It's just fun to use once in awhile)

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I am still unclear about this... can Jotunn/Monarque drop from forging frames that you buy with Modulus Reports? Or just the ones you buy with Basllistic Logs?

And can you carry Ballistics Logs into next week? Or are they deleted at weekly reset?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am still unclear about this... can Jotunn/Monarque drop from forging frames that you buy with Modulus Reports? Or just the ones you buy with Basllistic Logs?

And can you carry Ballistics Logs into next week? Or are they deleted at weekly reset?

Monarque can drop from any forge upon completion. No frame needed.

Jotunn requires a radiant frame bought throw ballistic logs. The frame must be completed at the Burgysurgy forge for a chance of Jotunn to drop.

Ballistic logs are deleted every reset.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Monarque can drop from any forge upon completion. No frame needed.

Jotunn requires a radiant frame bought throw ballistic logs. The frame must be completed at the Burgysurgy forge for a chance of Jotunn to drop.

Ballistic logs are deleted every reset.
So I can just keep doing Volundr without having a frame and it might drop?

Shit, I must have bad luck cause I did a bunch of them for my rare bounty - plus all the ones before - and not one single drop.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I can just keep doing Volundr without having a frame and it might drop?

Shit, I must have bad luck cause I did a bunch of them for my rare bounty - plus all the ones before - and not one single drop.

Well, actually, it drops from Gofannon and Izanami only. I just lied to you.

Actually, I lied again. Because I got mine from Volundr. This fucking article is a scam. Look, just keep doing forges and I'm going to stop talking.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017

Kinetic:

Energy:
Uriel's
Graviton
Positive..

Serious lack of Better Devils, Midnight Coup, Trust or even the Ikeow HC needed for all that crap n Mars.

Poor Edit when Trust is better in the energy slot. There's a reason nobody uses Nation when Trust exists... Also, Kindred Orchid feels better than Nation

Which goes back to why Bungie screwed up the loot in LW because there is something that is better in each weapon category and there's no real reason to grind for the perfect roll in any of the gear in LW. Even 1kV is generally useful. like anywhere.... (It's just fun to use once in awhile)

I wish that Bot would clear out year 1 shit.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Le Monarque and Jotunn only drop from completing powerful weapon frames. Le Monarque can drop from any of the 4 forges when doing them while Jotunn can only drop from the Bergusia forge when doing a powerful weapon frame.

So you have a total of 6 chances for those weapons per week if you have 3 characters and all 3 forges unlocked on each character (Bergusia is automatically unlocked for everybody).

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Dust Rock Blues is a very good shotgun especially with the right perks, mod and MW however, I would encourage people to try The Chaperone as well. It has better RoF, impact and handling as well as MAX range plus the intrinsic perk "The Roadborn" further increases handling, range and precision damage after a precision kill.

I wish the Chaperone was more reliable from the air. I used it so much that way in D1 until the terrible shotgun in-air nerf towards the end. Except when running Way of the Wraith, would rather use Good Bone Structure with an Icarus mod.

Lastly, don't pass on Lord of Wolves! A lot of fun as well.

I can't stand it. Don't know why. The release the wolves perk especially doesn't appeal to me, but I also didn't like the superburst on the Trespasser in D1.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Is it triple Valor this week?

usually they do double valor on the weekdays of the extra valor week, then friday reset through tuesday reset of that week (aka the weekend) it'll be triple

so double this tue-wed-thur, triple fri(after daily reset) sat, sun, mon, end tue at weekly reset.

course valor xp is triple worthless right now AFAIK, being you dont even get MW cores for a reset anymore and there's no redrix style quest tied to it.

Dec 2, 2017
I'd love to get Monarque... I've already got what should be a killer build ready to go:

Arc Soul Stormcaller w/ empowering rift.
Le Monarque
The Stag
Perpetuation boots

Endless 1-shot city.

Kinetic:

Energy:
Uriel's
Graviton
Positive..

Wait, which site shows this again? There are so damn many now, destinytracker, light.gg, guardian.gg, destiny app, DIM, destinykd... I can't keep track any more.

I wish the Chaperone was more reliable from the air. I used it so much that way in D1 until the terrible shotgun in-air nerf towards the end. Except when running Way of the Wraith, would rather use Good Bone Structure with an Icarus mod./QUOTE]

That's the correct way to do it. Get a max range roll on GBS, run it with an air friendly class and Chaperone doesn't quite matter so much, I think the difference in effective distance can become only only a meter or two. It won't have the Chaperone's ridiculous hitbox, but it's still really consistent.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I wish that Bot would clear out year 1 shit.
lmao

I'd love to get Monarque... I've already got what should be a killer build ready to go:

Arc Soul Stormcaller w/ empowering rift.
Le Monarque
The Stag
Perpetuation boots

Endless 1-shot city.

Wait, which site shows this again? There are so damn many now, destinytracker, light.gg, guardian.gg, destiny app, DIM, destinykd... I can't keep track any more.

We use the bot in our clan discord, but If you are in the Destiny Era discord, go so the the "stats" channel and type "!pve weapons" and it gives a breakdown of your usage.

Stillmatic

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Double so far.

Probably triple this weekend.
usually they do double valor on the weekdays of the extra valor week, then friday reset through tuesday reset of that week (aka the weekend) it'll be triple

so double this tue-wed-thur, triple fri(after daily reset) sat, sun, mon, end tue at weekly reset.

course valor xp is triple worthless right now AFAIK, being you dont even get MW cores for a reset anymore and there's no redrix style quest tied to it.

Nice, thanks! I got Luna's last week and because of that grind I'm 3 Valor resets in so thought I may as well go for the extra 2 resets and grab Redrix too.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Oooh Destiny kd, cool site i didn't know about i'll use that...

My weak PVP stats

Kills 22,108 deaths 21,907 k/d 1.00 efficiency 1.41
Best Weapon Pulse Rifle 5897 kills
Best Single game kills 32
Longest kill streak 16

Activities entered/won 2035/811 Win Pct: 40%

That's me in crucible, not good, but i love it so i play a ton.

In my defense these stats are basically 100% solo, which makes all the difference. I've seen dudes who rake in a team be pathetic the next match solo. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Also on crucible people are (were?) talking/making vids about dead man walking sidearm. I was excited, then quickly realized thats a yr1 I already had in my vault. And AFAIK the BA versions of yr1 aren't really better statswise. So, not sure what the hype was as dead man wasn't really popular in yr1..

Anyways I was thinking of grinding for one, then stupid me looked in DM and had 2 of the BA versions stashed (every once in a while being a destiny pack rat pays off). one was a decent roll, So, I'm using that!

It seems decent, one thing I notice is you run out of the 16 round clip super fast...should range test it.

It's just so tough to compete with shotguns because they have that ultimate answer, the INSTANT KILL.

also, good tip above about the powerful frames. So I guess I gotta go do my 2nd gold frame for another chance at jotunn rather than just grind blast furnace rolls. Which since my 1st have pretty much sucked.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Has nothing to do with K/D. Some top players have low kd. You'll enjoy the game more if you stop worrying about little nuances. Knowing all the minute details will just keep you up at night and not let you enjoy what matters most.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
JRME.gif

Dec 2, 2017
lmao

We use the bot in our clan discord, but If you are in the Destiny Era discord, go so the the "stats" channel and type "!pve weapons" and it gives a breakdown of your usage.

Ah, cool. Thanks. I tried it but it wasn't returning anything, how do I link my PSN/Bungie account to it?

The Stag? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long, long time.

As near as I can tell, this is its lone valid use.

Now if only they'd come up with a reason for Vesper of Radius to exist. I have the cool ass ornament that makes me look like I'm from Tron, but it's not the greatest thing going.

What matters most is when are they going to bring back the Beyoncé emote.
In this legal climate? No chance. Everybody's getting sued over these emotes.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
From what I understand that only
Helps if you have a PS4 Pro.
It absolutely helps either way. The gains are slightly better if you make it an internal drive instead of external (since this puts the system cache, OS, etc on the SSD too) but this depends on how you want to handle it. It's not going to massively decrease loading times between events but it affects the loading of assets while the game syncs to the server you're on, affects the menu some, loading during some strikes and just overall game snappiness. SSDs have gotten cheap enough these days that it's actually worth it for games like Destiny and MHW.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Nudged to 2080 Glory today. Will wait for reset on Tuesday for the bonus points to put me over to Fabled so I can be done with this nonsense. Didn't want to tempt fate today by going for one extra game cos RNGesus is a frightening beast.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I can't handle the matchmaking in this game anymore.

It is, without question, the worst matchmaking in any videogame, of any genre in the past 10 years.

The whole point of moving to curated matchmaking and away from picking from server lists was to ensure

A) Full matches
B) Good connections
C) Competitive matches

Destiny 2

A) Failure - Absurd amount of matches start 5v6 and 4v6, and of those matches, an unacceptable amount are never filled
B) Good enough
C) Ha....hahahahaha....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've suffered through enough to get claymore, not forgotten and mountaintop. I've paid my dues, as it were. I'm done. Poor matches will now lead to either immediate quitting, or hanging out at spawn, cycling through emotes, and wiggling the stick enough to avoid the AFK kick.

It is absurd that a game in 2018 has objectively worse matchmaking than Halo 2 did in 2004.

The men and women responsible for this matchmaking should not merely be fired, they should be blacklisted from ever working in the videogame industry again, in any capacity. Not even in catering or as custodians. Keep these people as far away from videogames as possible for the rest of their working lives.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely helps either way. The gains are slightly better if you make it an internal drive instead of external (since this puts the system cache, OS, etc on the SSD too) but this depends on how you want to handle it. It's not going to massively decrease loading times between events but it affects the loading of assets while the game syncs to the server you're on, affects the menu some, loading during some strikes and just overall game snappiness. SSDs have gotten cheap enough these days that it's actually worth it for games like Destiny and MHW.

Good to know-thank you!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Just got a claws of the wolf with rampage and headseeker, didn't know two damage perks were possible. arrowhead brake too (basically free counterbalance). Gonna give that a spin (540 pulses arent s-tier but whatev it's for fun). Flared magwell too, which IIRC is like super fast reloads.

Also whats up with wardcliff coil catalyst? Makes it more deadly in crucible? Comes from strikes? Why haven't I got this? Seems odd. I can see if it was from a prestige raid me not having it, but I do strikes...

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I can't handle the matchmaking in this game anymore.

It is, without question, the worst matchmaking in any videogame, of any genre in the past 10 years.

The whole point of moving to curated matchmaking and away from picking from server lists was to ensure

A) Full matches
B) Good connections
C) Competitive matches

Destiny 2

A) Failure - Absurd amount of matches start 5v6 and 4v6, and of those matches, an unacceptable amount are never filled
B) Good enough
C) Ha....hahahahaha....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've suffered through enough to get claymore, not forgotten and mountaintop. I've paid my dues, as it were. I'm done. Poor matches will now lead to either immediate quitting, or hanging out at spawn, cycling through emotes, and wiggling the stick enough to avoid the AFK kick.

It is absurd that a game in 2018 has objectively worse matchmaking than Halo 2 did in 2004.

The men and women responsible for this matchmaking should not merely be fired, they should be blacklisted from ever working in the videogame industry again, in any capacity. Not even in catering or as custodians. Keep these people as far away from videogames as possible for the rest of their working lives.
You're not wrong. I don't remember Destiny 2 PVP being like this back at the beginning and up through Curse of Osiris (I left shortly after that). I don't remember being in so many lopsided games but that seems to be the norm now. Mercy rule games and games that are completely one-sided seem to outnumber the good / close ones by a fairly large margin. It's a shame too because at its core I enjoy the PVP in Destiny 2. With games like they are though it just sucks the fun right out of it.

Dec 2, 2017
Try "!register"
Or !help should return info
Thanks, that worked. This is fun.

Top PvP Weapons:

Kinetic
1. Jade Rabbit
2. Disrespectful Stare
3. West of Sunfall 7
4. MIDA Multi-Tool
5. Cerberus +1

Energy

1. Erentil FR4
2. Swift Ride
3. Graviton Lance
4. Trust
5. Right Side of Wrong

I have nothing but disdain for your meta.

Surprised Disrespectful Stare is still so high, only ever used it for a month or so, until I got the Swift Ride. Maybe I should take it out of the shed for another spin...

Status
Not open for further replies.