• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The "surge" bounties are for annual pass owners only. Gotta dangle that carrot somehow right?

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am pumped to jump back in. Skipped season of the forge for a lot of reasons. Jumped back in during Valentines day to grab the max level bow. Really enjoyed my time. Nabbed the season pass on sale on PSN. Now I'm just biding my time until Tuesday. I don't want to burn out, so I'll do all the stuff once I grab the power boost bounties and hit 640.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Questions from someone thinking of potentially buying the game:

• I have never played Destiny 1 or Destiny 2

• Is the entire story campaign fully soloable?
  • Do all the DLC add extra soloable story campaign stuff? Or are they mostly end-game farming stuff?
  • PvP is completely optional and in a separate "area"? I have zero interest in PvP
How many hours would you roughly estimate all the story campaign to take? (not rushing through, as someone who knows nothing about the game and would have to learn/explore as I go along)

1. You can solo though the campaign
  2. Curse of Osiris, Warmind and Forsaken add campaigns (Forsaken DLC contains Curse of Osiris and Warmind), Annual Pass content is end game only. Mostly match made activities.
  3. You don't have to touch PvP at all. Some weapon quests have some PvP requirements, but those weapons are PvP oriented anyway, so (The Last Word for example)
  4. It's not too long. I'd say like 15 hours for everything

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
I took a break from destiny and seem to have been booted from the destinyera clan on Xbox.
Can anyone let me back in?

Nov 14, 2017
Questions from someone thinking of potentially buying the game:

• I have never played Destiny 1 or Destiny 2

• Is the entire story campaign fully soloable?
  • Do all the DLC add extra soloable story campaign stuff? Or are they mostly end-game farming stuff?
  • PvP is completely optional and in a separate "area"? I have zero interest in PvP
How many hours would you roughly estimate all the story campaign to take? (not rushing through, as someone who knows nothing about the game and would have to learn/explore as I go along)
You can solo the entire story campaign, but endgame is all multiplayer. There are certain guns you can only get by doing PVP, if that bothers you from a completionist perspective. Then again, there's also lots of rewards you can only get by doing multiplayer PVE endgame stuff like raiding, so if you only ever want to be solo then Destiny probably isn't for you. If you can buy it cheap and fancy the campaign then it is an OK shooter though.

This year's DLC is where they've moved the focus entirely on repeatable endgame activities, but before that each DLC added a couple of story missions. They were very short though.

I reckon you could do the entire campaign of D1 incl TTK and ROI in about 20 to 30hrs; D2 incl CoO and Warmind in like 15hrs. By that point though, you might fancy doing a nightfall, or even getting sherpa'd though a raid. It's not that hard actually, and you can usually just gawp at the encounters and shoot things while everyone else does the work. We have a friendly Discord if you PM Ruthless.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
  1. You can solo though the campaign
  2. Curse of Osiris, Warmind and Forsaken add campaigns (Forsaken DLC contains Curse of Osiris and Warmind), Annual Pass content is end game only. Mostly match made activities.
  3. You don't have to touch PvP at all. Some weapon quests have some PvP requirements, but those weapons are PvP oriented anyway, so (The Last Word for example)
  4. It's not too long. I'd say like 15 hours for everything
thx friend, that's very helpful and the info I was looking for!

You can solo the entire story campaign, but endgame is all multiplayer. There are certain guns you can only get by doing PVP, if that bothers you from a completionist perspective. Then again, there's also lots of rewards you can only get by doing multiplayer PVE endgame stuff like raiding, so if you only ever want to be solo then Destiny probably isn't for you. If you can buy it cheap and fancy the campaign then it is an OK shooter though.

This year's DLC is where they've moved the focus entirely on repeatable endgame activities, but before that each DLC added a couple of story missions. They were very short though.

I reckon you could do the entire campaign of D1 incl TTK and ROI in about 20 to 30hrs; D2 incl CoO and Warmind in like 15hrs. By that point though, you might fancy doing a nightfall, or even getting sherpa'd though a raid. It's not that hard actually, and you can usually just gawp at the encounters and shoot things while everyone else does the work. We have a friendly Discord if you PM Ruthless.
awesome, thx a bunch to you as well for extra details!

delume

Oct 27, 2017
Newest of all Zealands
Really enjoying the cycle involved in content drops for Destiny. Frantic land grab to experience everything, settle into a steady grind, hunt for the final pieces, then play other games til the next release. Delicious.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
thx friend, that's very helpful and the info I was looking for!

awesome, thx a bunch to you as well for extra details!
Just to clarify something in Kittens' post, you definitely can play the game solo. In fact, I play everything except activities that need you to LFG solo - Raids and Nightfalls. Majority of activites have Matchmaking, which can be pain in the ass, just like in every other game, but it's fine.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Was looking at buying this digitally on Xbox One, I had always played previously on PS4 but all my friends are now stuck on Apex and have no interest in Destiny. Of course I am a bit late as it seems the sale is over now on all the digital version, fml.
If you can hold on, Destiny 2 and the DLC are regularly on sale. In fact, I would wager it will be on sale again inside a month.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played since launch, never touched any DLC. Too obtuse to jump back in? All of this looter shooter talk has me wanting to jump back into one I know and enjoy.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished the campaign on base D2 and enjoyed it, im not interested in the online aspect to be honest, is there more SP content worth it to get back to the game again?

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played since launch, never touched any DLC. Too obtuse to jump back in? All of this looter shooter talk has me wanting to jump back into one I know and enjoy.

If you want to properly jump back in grab forsaken and the annual pass bundle. You get a wealth of content and will be able to jump to 640 light and faceroll the last 2 raids

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Back here after being dissapointed by Anthem.

How do I got The Last Word?
1377630.gif

Last edited:

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so Bungie paid Activision approx $100m to end their contractual obligations to the Destiny franchise early?

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Those new weapons and armor sets look awesome! Really like the looks of the weapons, especially that rail gun sniper rifle thing lol.

Do we have any idea what those Titan Arms are with the frost effect? None of these are Exptics right? They're just Legendaries right?

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Those new weapons and armor sets look awesome! Really like the looks of the weapons, especially that rail gun sniper rifle thing lol.

Do we have any idea what those Titan Arms are with the frost effect? None of these are Exptics right? They're just Legendaries right?

From what we have seen those frost arms look exotic and there's a exotic arm set for hunter and warlock and a few weapons the rest seem to be regular legendaries

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
From what we have seen those frost arms look exotic and there's a exotic arm set for hunter and warlock and a few weapons the rest seem to be regular legendaries
That's right. I saw a video that examined the trailer a bit and those Warlock arms look like they will have some sort of devour ability that spawns a new arc soul thing that looks slick.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped playing right before Forsaken, really considering nabbing the Forsaken and annual pass bundle...

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But that price point, yeesh. So I can autolevel to max tot the soft cap so I can do the raids or something?

The 640 bounties will let you do the raid that came with forsaken and the black armory (annual pass DLC 1) raid is a 640 activity with a solid team. But forsaken gives you a boost that let's you get ready for forsaken content and the whole DLC campaign is worth playing

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not all that excited about there being more Gambit focus but I will still do some dailies and weeklies to work towards 700.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
I think the 640 bounties are a great idea. I'm still only 591 and haven't managed to play Black Armoury stuff. There will probably be no point once Season of the Drifter starts.

Although I was never a big fan of Gambit. I love the idea of it, but it takes way too long to play a match.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not all that excited about there being more Gambit focus but I will still do some dailies and weeklies to work towards 700.

I think for players in your situation if you can grin and bear a little gambit then The Reckoning is 4 player matchmade pve content that seems like its going to be the big route to 700

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the 640 bounties are a great idea. I'm still only 591 and haven't managed to play Black Armoury stuff. There will probably be no point once Season of the Drifter starts.

Although I was never a big fan of Gambit. I love the idea of it, but it takes way too long to play a match.
If a match exceeds 2 rounds now the 3rd round is sudden death burn the primeval to avoid extra long stuff.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
NEW OT!!

Bring on the Wilds of the JOKER BABYYYY. I've taken a mega break from Gambit ever since I got Dredgen a few months ago, I'm ready to SWEAT AGAIN.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for sweatbros calling me fucking noob and demanding perfect games within the first hour of launch of Gambit Prime.

I'm so fucking in, maybe this will be the push for me to actually find people to play this shit with.

Nov 14, 2017

I think the forges will still be worth doing if you want a good roll. I have precisely 0 god rolls from forge weapons, so I still see myself doing a forge every now and then. Wish there were less friction when it comes to farming frames though; I feel like I need an SSD to deal with all the loading in and out of destinations.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Farming forges seemed fun... but why do I have to do all the tedious junk first to farm a powerful weapon frame? Kill 25 of this, go collect that, run in circles for an hour... etc. very boring.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I still have to try out Gambit matches. I'm afraid I might screw up and ruin it for others lol

Almost done with Warmind and man, they really up the ante compared to Curse of Osiris lol

Oct 25, 2017
Farming forges seemed fun... but why do I have to do all the tedious junk first to farm a powerful weapon frame? Kill 25 of this, go collect that, run in circles for an hour... etc. very boring.
Honestly I don't even mind that, what I don't like is the need to go back to Ada after the frame is done before I can go to the forge.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.

The first time you do a frame maybe? I can't remember. All it is now though is just x kills with y weapon, then collect 20 radiant seeds (drops from yellow bar enemies), one more trip to Ada and then a forge. If you've unlocked it, Bergusia can forge any of your frames.

I just go to Mars and run the the lost sector next to Ana a couple times. It's short and easy and you can get both steps before a forge run out of the way in a few minutes.

I still have to try out Gambit matches. I'm afraid I might screw up and ruin it for others lol

Haha not possible. Doing your own thing and "screwing it up for others" is literally integral to the Gambit experience 😉 If it wasn't they wouldn't hand out absurd bounties like "x kills with rockets" etc..

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Haha not possible. Doing your own thing and "screwing it up for others" is literally integral to the Gambit experience 😉 If it wasn't they wouldn't hand out absurd bounties like "x kills with rockets" etc..

Oh so that's what they were talking about being the bad guy lol Well that makes me feel better now!

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Is there other shit I gotta do before tbat? I don't see anything particularly Last Wordy when I talk to the drifter.

The quest to kill a bunch of Hive is the start of The Last Word Quest. IIRC, it's next to the Gambit weapon and armour you can buy from him instead of being it's own thing like the prompt for the Whisper quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.