• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
is Shadowkeep eventually going to be free? I'm confused about how everything works now. I feel like I've spent a lot of money on D2 (approx $150AU) and now it seems to me that all of the content I've paid for is going to go F2P soon. Makes me feel like I should have just waited.
Base D2 and the original season pass (Curse of Osiris and Warmind) will be available for free. Gambit is going free (rather than requiring Forsaken). All players will have some level of access to each patrol zone including the Moon. Forsaken and it's annual pass will be sold at a discount.

So not much is actually going f2p. Shadowkeep may be eventually free, who knows? It likely won't be for a couple of years.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I've found the opposite. I've tried rampage Fixed Odds, Rangefinder Fixed Odds, Firmly Planted Fixed Odds...all of them are varying degrees of mediocre compared to something like a curated Hammerhead. It's the bouncey nature they have. Makes them far less reliable for landing all crits. Slow fire rate makes them easy to get to cover before they can kill you. It's disappointing but...just nope. My Fixed Odds are all probably permanently vaulted. Hammerhead and 21% do everything that matters and then some, in my experience.

They're both varying degrees of meh, but I do like my curated Bane.

That said, I have all 3 (Bane, Fixed, Hammerhead) with frenzy + rampage. I'm taking Hammerhead every time. It's been called the best hand cannon in the game for good reason. Bane w/Dragonfly is my pick for pure entertainment value. Fixed Odds is my pick...when I don't feel like moving one of the other 2 onto X character. Again, just too much kick/bounce to be really strong from range and too slow-firing to be good up close. Hammerhead is still the best choice for mapping people from across the map while also being competent enough to get kills comfortably as close as about 12 meters or so. HH is truly the jack of all trades and master of most as well.

yep, dont see how you're gonna beat hammerhead, my roll barely moves. my fixed odds seems to bounce a fair bit more which makes it a lot less of a sniper. and iirc the ttk is the same anyway, so you dont gain there with odds either.

tldr it's tough to beat ol hammy.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've found the opposite. I've tried rampage Fixed Odds, Rangefinder Fixed Odds, Firmly Planted Fixed Odds...all of them are varying degrees of mediocre compared to something like a curated Hammerhead. It's the bouncey nature they have. Makes them far less reliable for landing all crits. Slow fire rate makes them easy to get to cover before they can kill you. It's disappointing but...just nope. My Fixed Odds are all probably permanently vaulted. Hammerhead and 21% do everything that matters and then some, in my experience.

They're both varying degrees of meh, but I do like my curated Bane.

That said, I have all 3 (Bane, Fixed, Hammerhead) with frenzy + rampage. I'm taking Hammerhead every time. It's been called the best hand cannon in the game for good reason. Bane w/Dragonfly is my pick for pure entertainment value. Fixed Odds is my pick...when I don't feel like moving one of the other 2 onto X character. Again, just too much kick/bounce to be really strong from range and too slow-firing to be good up close. Hammerhead is still the best choice for mapping people from across the map while also being competent enough to get kills comfortably as close as about 12 meters or so. HH is truly the jack of all trades and master of most as well.
Ammo economy is amazing on high impacts.

Only 21% delirium compares.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, this Draw MW, Rampage + Archer's Tempo Subtle Calamity is doing work. When Rampage x3 is procced, it feels like a hot knife, and every add I pin to a wall is the butter.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay seriously Bungie needs to fix their god damn shit. I have now spent 37 minutes trying to get into a god damn Strike and have been met with bugs every single step of the way.

- Infinite black loading screens

- Loading into empty strikes where it's literally just me

- Then I FINALLY just got into a strike where I had teammates only to get maybe 15% into the level to get an infinite load when my team progressed to a new instance. You know sometimes when you move from one area to the next you get the "loading" thing for a second or two? That. Except mine was infinite. So I waited 10 god damn minutes for my team to pull me forward with the "Joining allies" thing

- Then I finally get the "Joining allies" message........ONLY TO BE MET WITH ANOTHER INFINITE BLACK LOADING SCREEN.

- I close the app and log back in and I get the "unable to rejoin" bullshit. So in total I just wasted around 45mins and I have nothing to show for it.

What the actual hell is Bungie doing? What the hell are they doing instead of fixing these new bugs from the latest update??????

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Methinks it's a result of the backend switch to steam along with cross save that happened last week.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I mean I knew it was all buggy, but this was literally my ONE night this week where I could pull an all nighter ans power level my new Titan and of course nothing fucking works.

It's literally all I wanted to do. Pop a coin and grind strikes. But apparently that was too much to ask.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I mean I knew it was all buggy, but this was literally my ONE night this week where I could pull an all nighter ans power level my new Titan and of course nothing fucking works.

It's literally all I wanted to do. Pop a coin and grind strikes. But apparently that was too much to ask.

As I mentioned before, going into pursuits seems to fix the loading issues, and turn in any completed bounties. Better yet, don't have any bounties that can complete while running strikes. Apart from this there is no other fix for the loading issue as of now.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I got one of those ??? Missions on the tangled shore asking me to test my might... Was so psyched because I assumed it was a mortal kombat thing, but then hot stuck at a loading screen for 6 mins. Had to hard reset.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
As I mentioned before, going into pursuits seems to fix the loading issues, and turn in any completed bounties. Better yet, don't have any bounties that can complete while running strikes. Apart from this there is no other fix for the loading issue as of now.
I will try that, but I really needed those bounties. I'm leveling. I can't believe they haven't hotfixed all of this yet.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still running Menagerie but doing it in tandem with other bounties and activities. Stuff like Black Armory and whatnot. Works out well and I don't really care that you only get 1 reward per run, really.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
lol Menagerie will be dead before I can even play it (wanted to get to 750 1st), please don't end up like the ghost town of the forges...

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
How often is the no respawn in comp bug? I'll be pissed if it costs me getting the Recluse come reset (3 more wins is all I need).

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I was looking to pick this game up for PC, and was wondering where the best deal anyone might be aware of is. Not just the base game though please, I'd like to get a version that at least has all current expansions that are out.

I think the Forsaken Collection on Blizzard is your best bet. It's $39.99 right now and includes all the year one expansions along with Forsaken and the annual pass.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
What the heck is it with Hunters and taking all of your motes in Gambit? The last two games I've played all had me killing enemies only to have some Hunter swoop in from behind me and take them all. I mean I'm not complaining too much since I won both times, but if it was quest related I would be pissed.

lol Menagerie will be dead before I can even play it (wanted to get to 750 1st), please don't end up like the ghost town of the forges...

I've yet to run into any issues with the forges as far as available teammates go. I get matched up really quickly on PS4 at least.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
How often is the no respawn in comp bug? I'll be pissed if it costs me getting the Recluse come reset (3 more wins is all I need).

I played some comp over the weekend. The bug only seems to happen in comp during countdown at the beginning of a new round. It only happened to me once the entire time. I saw it happen to a couple others on the other team (it looks like someone lagged/quit out at the top).

If it does happen to you, turn in a bounty and swap a gun, you will spawn back in. Do some quick bounties before playing comp so you are prepared if it happens.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I played some comp over the weekend. The bug only seems to happen in comp during countdown at the beginning of a new round. It only happened to me once the entire time. I saw it happen to a couple others on the other team (it looks like someone lagged/quit out at the top).

If it does happen to you, turn in a bounty and swap a gun, you will spawn back in. Do some quick bounties before playing comp so you are prepared if it happens.
Thanks, I have like 12 Crucible Bounties ready to pop (for the Redrix), so should be good then.

Oct 29, 2017

You should be running the Menagerie at least 3 times a week (if you have the chalice upgraded to give 3 powerful engrams per week), because you can choose what each of your 3 powerful rewards are. If you need a helmet and RNG isn't being nice to you, you can just slot runes into the chalice to guarantee a powerful helmet. It's amazing for power leveling.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are probably working really hard to fix it. Do something else.
It's an online game, stuff like this will happen. I can't imagine the daily work it take to maintain the environment. When something like this happens a you know people are aware and looking into it. Sometimes the solution isn't immediately available or obvious.

OnChill

Dec 7, 2017
What the heck is it with Hunters and taking all of your motes in Gambit? The last two games I've played all had me killing enemies only to have some Hunter swoop in from behind me and take them all. I mean I'm not complaining too much since I won both times, but if it was quest related I would be pissed.

I've yet to run into any issues with the forges as far as available teammates go. I get matched up really quickly on PS4 at least.

Then make sure you get them first :/

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ammo economy is amazing on high impacts.

Only 21% delirium compares.
Oh paper for sure, but I'm not so sure when you factor in the number of missed crits it will have compared to a HH over the course of a given magazine. I also assume it's going to do less DPS over time considering its maximum magazine size is like 20% smaller than HH with backup mag. Something like 57 vs 73. Definitely doesn't feel like it does damage high enough to make up that ammo total difference to me, and also feels far more limiting in PvP where you will run out much faster with Fixed Odds/Bane than you will with HH.

Dunno. Ymmv. I'm not seeing anyone use these things and I don't think it's because nobody has a good one. Not after all that Menagerie'ing everyone did last month. Hell, I don't even think the weapons have even been talked about outside of very brief discussions like this. Or, not much.

Now that I really think about it, I can't think of many slow ROF options in the various weapon archetypes in this game that are top tier or popular at this stage in its lifecycle? Just Fusions and Shotguns, right? 110 hand cannons are pretty niche compared to the ubiquity of 150s, 140s, and 180s. 150 Scouts? Nah. 360 Pulses? Nah. 600 SMGs have been relegated to niche as well. 360 autos? Lol. 72 snipers? Almost all have been replaced by 140s and 90s. Tatara's is pretty much the last of the Mohecians. 840 bows like Ghoul are also unpopular and Archers tempo is almost always a priority on any bow because...ROF is pretty important.

Low ROF weapons could definitely use another balance pass. IMO, anyway.

Oct 29, 2017
I try! But it's like immediate lol

Yeah, mote grabbing is serious business. I eventually learned to stop caring and just let everyone nab most of my motes, and focus on doing other things like destroying blockers and invaders. I definitely understand when it's quest or bounty related, though. In those cases I just run like a madman towards my motes and hope for the best lol

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, mote grabbing is serious business. I eventually learned to stop caring and just let everyone nab most of my motes, and focus on doing other things like destroying blockers and invaders. I definitely understand when it's quest or bounty related, though. In those cases I just run like a madman towards my motes and hope for the best lol

Yeah lol, like I said it's fine since both matches were wins, but I can see me getting like "C'mon dude.." if it was quest related.

I actually started doing the same thing, just went after blockers when they popped and put in my occasional 2 motes lol Probably just going to default to that since it seems to be working.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Worst thing is when you clearly run through a bunch of motes and see you actually only got like 1 or 2 and then the Hunter runs in and gets like 8.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Menagerie is incredibly useful for getting you to 750, use it when you've done your other Powerful Gear stuff for the week.

Yeah I'm just a resource hoarder when I started back on PC had 0 cores, have like 60 now but can't bring myself to lvl up my stuff until it starts to drop at 750... last drop was 735 so getting closer...

Yeah on PS4 I never had a issue with long wait times, PC is another matter. Few forge runs I have done have ended up with me being alone until the end when others drop in and we have to repeat it.

You should be running the Menagerie at least 3 times a week (if you have the chalice upgraded to give 3 powerful engrams per week), because you can choose what each of your 3 powerful rewards are. If you need a helmet and RNG isn't being nice to you, you can just slot runes into the chalice to guarantee a powerful helmet. It's amazing for power leveling.

so far I've only been infusing like stuff so it doesn't cost resources, so I'm only like 680. Just can't make myself use weapons/armor I don't like and wasting mats. I should be getting 750 drops in a week or 2 at 735 now.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah lol, like I said it's fine since both matches were wins, but I can see me getting like "C'mon dude.." if it was quest related.

I actually started doing the same thing, just went after blockers when they popped and put in my occasional 2 motes lol Probably just going to default to that since it seems to be working.

For sure, having a dedicated person keeping an eye out on blockers and the amount of motes the other team has ready to bank is HUGE. Since most people seem to either default to either killing ads or invading as their two preferred play-styles. When I got Jotun during season of the Forge and started focusing on blockers I definitely noticed a huge upswing in my gambit wins.

Oct 29, 2017
so far I've only been infusing like stuff so it doesn't cost resources, so I'm only like 680. Just can't make myself use weapons/armor I don't like and wasting mats. I should be getting 750 drops in a week or 2 at 735 now.

I feel ya. But if you're 735 you're definitely in optimal Menagerie range. Plus I actually think it's really fun! Keep it in mind!

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Daddy Calus uwu builds us a tribute hall filled with gold and riches but fatboy only rewards us with one chest after entertaining his ass.

Goes against the lore and I won't stand for it

Oct 29, 2017
Daddy Calus uwu builds us a tribute hall filled with gold and riches but fatboy only rewards us with one chest after entertaining his ass.

Goes against the lore and I won't stand for it

Yeeeeeeeeaah :(
I'm hoping they add more rooms to the tribute hall in future updates, with more rewards. It's such a cool addition to triumphs, way better than just getting a new inventory page.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeeeeeeeeaah :(
I'm hoping they add more rooms to the tribute hall in future updates, with more rewards. It's such a cool addition to triumphs, way better than just getting a new inventory page.
I think they will, there is another big door that's closed, so they can just add it to there come end of Annual Pass 2 or something. A trophy room is great, makes me actually wanna try the Last Wish at some point, even though I'll probably hate it and the other Raids.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Low ROF weapons could definitely use another balance pass. IMO, anyway.
You aren't wrong but I will say a well-rolled Halfdan-D (360rpm Auto) can keep up at pulse rifle ranges and is sneaky good. It's paper ttk is good (.83) and it actually has the range to out-do most hand cannons. The high impact pulses also have a paper ttk of .67 so they are fast to kill but in both cases it's hard to find great examples of either unless the gunsmith chooses to bless you or you get Redrix. And once you get past that most of these high impact weapons have higher zoom factors on their sights and scopes which is pretty detrimental on small maps and with aggressive, in your face type play.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday, I got the Warlock sword with counterattack and just need one more sword to complete the collection. Took me about 20 runs to get my first and 7 to get the second. Would still love the Titan sword with counterattack but the Hunter sword takes priority.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
You aren't wrong but I will say a well-rolled Halfdan-D (360rpm Auto) can keep up at pulse rifle ranges and is sneaky good. It's paper ttk is good (.83) and it actually has the range to out-do most hand cannons. The high impact pulses also have a paper ttk of .67 so they are fast to kill but in both cases it's hard to find great examples of either unless the gunsmith chooses to bless you or you get Redrix. And once you get past that most of these high impact weapons have higher zoom factors on their sights and scopes which is pretty detrimental on small maps and with aggressive, in your face type play.
I love the Dan but it is more a meme than anything else. Ultimately you can kill things with any weapon in the game for sure. It's just...they're not going to be as popular as they should be relative to other ROF weapons in their respective archetypes. Compare the popularity of Dan to Breakneck, for example. I bet it's played less than even something like Origin Story. Hell, I'm pretty sure I hear the brrrrrrt! of 600 rpm autos more often than the put put put put of 360s out in the wild (and neither all that much lol). I think I might be the only player in NA that uses Age Old Bond on an occasional basis.

Worst thing is when you clearly run through a bunch of motes and see you actually only got like 1 or 2 and then the Hunter runs in and gets like 8.
I'd really like to see a QOL update to the Gambit in-game UI that emphasizes clarity on stuff like how many motes teammates have. Like, a small UI that shows each teammate name and the number of motes they have on screen at all times would really help people make better decisions on whether to pick up their #3, denying someone else #10 or #15. That shit happens *a lot* and it's because people just don't see other players totals until it's too late for them to decommit to a mote grab. Maybe horizontally going across the top edge of the screen like in Dota 2 that shows teammate HP and mote total or something small on the side like in League of Legends? Just for Gambit. The more information people have for a mode like Gambit, the better it will play.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017

Describe my experience perfectly lol

Yeah on PS4 I never had a issue with long wait times, PC is another matter. Few forge runs I have done have ended up with me being alone until the end when others drop in and we have to repeat it.

Ah yeah that sounds really aggravating. I wonder with the game now being available on Steam if the player count will increase for PC.

For sure, having a dedicated person keeping an eye out on blockers and the amount of motes the other team has ready to bank is HUGE. Since most people seem to either default to either killing ads or invading as their two preferred play-styles. When I got Jotun during season of the Forge and started focusing on blockers I definitely noticed a huge upswing in my gambit wins.

Yeah the best strategy that has been working for me is having two players go after adds and collect motes, one player invades, while the other assists in taking down adds until an invader or blocker shows up.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Speaking of, it would also be nice if Gambit alerted players that they have enough motes to open a portal.

Seems like blueberries are often unaware that if they bank the 1 or 2 motes they currently have, it would open a portal allowing for a teammate to stomp the life out of the enemy. It happens way too often. A portal takes 30-40 seconds longer to open. Long enough to lose any opportunity that had presented itself because people are just unaware. We got lines telling us we can summon a primeval now; why not for an invasion portal.

"Hey, you can open a portal now!" as a new Drifter line or maybe a bounty emphasizing opening portals first could possibly condition people to make these better decisions.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of, it would also be nice if Gambit alerted players that they have enough motes to open a portal.

Seems like blueberries are often unaware that if they bank the 1 or 2 motes they currently have, it would open a portal allowing for a teammate to stomp the life out of the enemy. It happens way too often. A portal takes 30-40 seconds longer to open. Long enough to lose any opportunity that had presented itself because people are just unaware. We got lines telling us we can summon a primeval now; why not for an invasion portal.

"Hey, you can open a portal now!" as a new Drifter line or maybe a bounty emphasizing opening portals first could possibly condition people to make these better decisions.

I am not sure they would listen.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

74 motes banked

"You have enough motes, bank to summon a primeval"

3 randoms running around with 10+ motes

"BANK TO SUMMON"

Randoms die to screebs..

Yeah, alerting players is not the solution :P

Status
Not open for further replies.