Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Lightfall and TFS were really meant to be an Infinity War/Endgame duology, I feel the miscalculated what to put in the middle. The whole year shouldn't have been devoted to find a way through the portal, but to find allies.
My take:
Season of the Empire - consolidate men, cabal and eliksni power.
Season of the Frontier - Saladin reaching out for Efrideet and recruiting resistances through the system.
Season of the Nine - find the Nine, they should be powerful enough to help with the Witness.
Season of the Fundament - recruiting or be recruited by Savathûn and Lucent Hive, and Ahamkara shenanigans.

Not just the names.
Did Bungie ever really make this comparison?

I keep seeing people make this reference and I am baffled.

Twinduct

Oct 27, 2017
Ignored most of this season and the previous. Last two weeks I've been catching up to a 100.
Really enjoyed the activity this season. Honestly mostly feel like I'm waiting for the LFG to start before I can actually jump back in.

Wish that intrinsic exotics also worked with the seasonal barrier mods. It's really hard having to pick between Le Monarque and Wish Ender when I wanna solo shit

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ignored most of this season and the previous. Last two weeks I've been catching up to a 100.
Really enjoyed the activity this season. Honestly mostly feel like I'm waiting for the LFG to start before I can actually jump back in.

Wish that intrinsic exotics also worked with the seasonal barrier mods. It's really hard having to pick between Le Monarque and Wish Ender when I wanna solo shit
LFG might be a gamechanger - will be for me.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The new dungeons is almost certainly Iron Lord, maybe even SIVA related based on the name and the new origin perk revealed in the artifact but the past dungeons have been somewhat narratively linked with the season so I'm curious how they will be linking it with the Dreaming City.

1 gift from Ramirez

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Ramirez Ramirez!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Ramirez said:
I'm back again with more Space Witch emblems.

These are our awesome prizes:

• All platforms All platforms: Space Witch emblem - Won by Oliver James Oliver James (13 entries)

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Skipped out on the last month of the season. Did manage to play a lot during the beginning, so made it to 100. Turned my Crucible engrams in for some nice Unending Tempests and I'm ready for next season.

Please gimme a Strand bow or Heal Clip Solar Bow. 🙏

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
I took the Season of the Witch off to play Remnant, Starfield, and Lies of P. Seems like this new season is worth jumping back in since it will last 100 years.

I literally have not booted up the game this season. Is there any reason to boot it up right now, before the season switch?
If you've got deluxe edition, so have season pass for Witch - sign in to grab the exotic from the season pass level 0. That's all I did this season, grabbed it yesterday. I missed Deep too, and most of whatever it was that launched with Lightfall (Worthy?). Will prob play though and catch up with all four between some time soon and June.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's go Space Witch Emblem!

Good decision, the season pass ornaments this season are pretty weak.
Yeah, that made it easier. The Deep ornaments were really unique so I couldn't help myself. I am missing out this season on tons of bright dust though.

This is my experience. When I'm playing new content I'm generally good, but the second a mission calls for me to go and farm an old lost sector or run old strikes while doing x or something, I begin to check out mentally. That is to say, I'm completely dead on the core playlists of Destiny.

I'm not feeling any real desire to return for Wish. I'll be there at the end of the season for the sake of binging the seasonal story.
Oh definitely, the days of running stuff on Legend for me is over. Can't believe I went through that, not that I regret it, but that I had it in me to do those lol. When I went back the difficulty change was so drastic it's like I'm playing on easy lol.

I like the story enough to stick through at least finishing those each season. Wish is a very long season so I think there is no doubt I'll get to 100 easily.

I'll also participate in the Guardian Games, that event has mad loot. I don't remove the Taraxippos I got there at all on my character lol.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to hit rank 100 after starting at 71 this morning. Focusing strictly on bounties and seasonal challenges and buying four levels with silver I already had laying around did the trick.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I feel like Paul's got way too nihilistic about Destiny lately. What does he expect them to say? they almost always keep the new season secret until it launches it's never been an issue but now it is?
I'm the furthest thing from a Tassi defender, but nah, every season he points out how weird it is that on the eve of a new season there's basically nothing shown or teased that would get one excoted about logging on the next day. This season's just seemed extra AI generated.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The heck, Bungie? Where's my Final Shape pre-order?

I still even have the Tessellation, just checked. :'(

Just checked, their FAQ states to watch out for an email from the store I bought it from.

Just checked email, they are refunding me. That won't stop me lol, I'll just pre-order the game again.

Last edited:

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me why they'd refund the pre-order then put up another pre-order right afterwards? Why can't they just leave the pre-order as is?

Jun 9, 2023
From the trailer, it seems like possibly the Undying weapons are coming back. There was a pretty clear shot of what looks to be the 'Adhortative' pulse. Also, a Strand bow that shoots suspending shots? Fingers crossed the Dungeon is good. Those are my fav content in the game. If it sucks, like the last 2, then this is will be another 'once a week for story stuff' season for me.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I don't have much interest in the new season but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't gonna log in for the new Thorn catalyst.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Is there going to be a new OT, or are we just sticking with this one?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

Should be available today after the game update and maintenance is finished, though I think it's not fully featured? Bungie talked about it in last week's TWAB.
They're doing a raid-only stress test for it this weekend, with it going into beta in December if the test goes well. They're aiming to have it fully released in January.

Bungie.net

• Raids Stress Test: November 30, from 9 AM PST to 5 PM PST
  • Beta Period: Begins in December pending Stress Test results
  • Full Release: Targeting late January
We will start our stress test on November 30, planned to run from 9 AM to 5 PM PST. For the Raids Stress Test, all raids you have access to are on the menu. We hope to keep the stress test open until 5 PM but this is where the "we haven't had a Bungie Beta" in the live game disclaimers come into play. There are countless scenarios where we may have to end the test early, so we ask for your patience and hope you take it as an opportunity to give us early feedback as we work out the system's gremlins.

We're going to be monitoring the results of the initial Raids Stress Test closely and considering opening more activities as we progress with the end goal of having a Fireteam Finder option for every activity in the game.

We'll keep the schedule above updated as we learn more and will also let you know in our Thursday TWIDs and our social media accounts.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Theres something incredible about selling Vex Invasion weapons again when in their own season they felt like a rip off lmao.

God if your gonna sell me the same weapons I have already bought (which already were poor reskins of weapons i already owned) at least give me the non trash looking version of them, West of Sunfall 7 is right there.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1729530598107042269

Qx1alBu.jpg

I need it

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Paul's got way too nihilistic about Destiny lately. What does he expect them to say? they almost always keep the new season secret until it launches it's never been an issue but now it is?

season trailers being delayed until the very season launch is always a complaint; there is really no good reason for this except their very own store doesn't allow people to preorder seasons (except as an annual pass)

even then, the trailer should have been released with Joe Blackburn's announcement of the delay

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017
Edit: Never mind, I went into full reddit d2circlejerk there for a sec. Trailer is disappointing apart from the strand bow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
We go through this every time guardians. Bungie doesn't show anything about the season until hours before it drops so there's no way to create a meaningful (let alone thematic) OT in advance anymore. As with previous seasons I'll play it, learn what I can about it and design one to release over the weekend or Monday. Getting a tooth pulled Thursday and covering the Brianna Ghey trial as well so, as always, any patience is appreciated. Note that expansions are exempt from this since Bungie usually shows us a lot about them in advance of their release.

All that said, I think the trailer looks hot. More Dreaming City stuff has been a long time coming. Buckle in for the 7 month long-haul.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
We go through this every time guardians. Bungie doesn't show anything about the season until hours before it drops so there's no way to create a meaningful (let alone thematic) OT in advance anymore. As with previous seasons I'll play it, learn what I can about it and design one to release over the weekend or Monday. Getting a tooth pulled Thursday and covering the Brianna Ghey trial as well so, as always, any patience is appreciated. Note that expansions are exempt from this since Bungie usually shows us a lot about them in advance of their release.

All that said, I think the trailer looks hot. More Dreaming City stuff has been a long time coming. Buckle in for the 7 month long-haul.

Thank you! Appreciate all the hard work you put in.