• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's actually starting to stress me out how I still haven't gotten this stupid Ogre boss in Onslaught yet. One month into Into the Light, one month left.

Nothing but Fallen Warpriests for me, every damn time.

It rotates every week on Legend. Last week was Warpriest, this week is Tormentor. So I guess next week is the Ogre.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It rotates every week on Legend. Last week was Warpriest, this week is Tormentor. So I guess next week is the Ogre.
Last week SHOULD have been Ogre but I didn't realize they swapped the boss due to the portal bug. Pissed me right the heck off seeing Warpriest after sweating through my only successful Legend run so far.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Pantheon, that was pretty fun. Doesnt help that one person had no idea what to do for most of it.... just the LFG experience I suppose

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like my game is borked. I only ever get Elsie's Rifle, Edge Transit, Midnight Coup, and Recluse. Not seen a single Hammerhead, Mountain Top, Falling Guillotine, or Forbearance. Not a damn 1. I'm not doing any weapon focuses so that isn't it.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like my game is borked. I only ever get Elsie's Rifle, Edge Transit, Midnight Coup, and Recluse. Not seen a single Hammerhead, Mountain Top, Falling Guillotine, or Forbearance. Not a damn 1. I'm not doing any weapon focuses so that isn't it.

Have you done the attunement quests for those? Dunno if it is true or not (because I always completed them the day they were available), but I've seen people say the weapons don't drop until you complete their quest (regardless of whether you attune to them or not).

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Have you done the Arcite quests? Cause I think they're locked out until you do

Have you done the attunement quests for those? Dunno if it is true or not (because I always completed them the day they were available), but I've seen people say the weapons don't drop until you complete their quest (regardless of whether you attune to them or not).

I asked if I needed to do the quests first in Week 1 and people said that I didn't need to. I did just finish the Luna's Howl quest and it is dropping now (with the focus on). But I haven't finished the quest for Succession and Edge Transit and those drop fairly frequently, so who knows. Maybe some weapons require quest completion but others don't.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got a Prosecutor with Dragonfly and Voltshot. Now I have:

That Prosecutor
Fully crafted Ikelos SMG
I can craft Subjunctive as well
Indebted Kindess with Impulse/Voltshot

Spoilt for choice!

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Easiest strategy I found out the hard way is to simply ignore the Tormentor lol

I get doing that for Atraks since that's a short DPS phase but wouldn't it be annoying during Planets DPS? The tormentor is not a miniboss so it can be CC'd and dealt with pretty easily anyway, especially if someone is running Izi.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I don't have that yet. Looks like Xur sells it sometimes? I will wait for that.

Also since you mentioned Law I might have to attempt a Grandmaster when Warden's Law rolls in, love Lucky Pants with Malf but I wanna have a little flexibility sometimes.

Warden's Law can actually outdamage Malfeasance (Malfeasance wins against Taken), but you do have to land all your crits. The roll you are looking for would be Extended Mag and Vorpal Weapon with Backup Mag. If you don't have Extended Mag, then Appended Mag with Fourth Time's The Charm will work as well. Either option will allow you to shoot for the entire duration of the Lucky Pants buff.

And if you can, hotswap between a Celestial Nighthawk build and a Lucky Pants build (All subclass options must be exactly the same otherwise you lose all super and ability energy when swapping) for ultimate damage.

www.youtube.com

Rotations 101: Nighthawk Lucky Pants

Welcome to another episode of rotations 101, today we're covering a hybrid rotation that makes use of a loadout swap to benefit from the effects of 2 exotic ...

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Warden's Law can actually outdamage Malfeasance (Malfeasance wins against Taken), but you do have to land all your crits. The roll you are looking for would be Extended Mag and Vorpal Weapon with Backup Mag. If you don't have Extended Mag, then Appended Mag with Fourth Time's The Charm will work as well. Either option will allow you to shoot for the entire duration of the Lucky Pants buff.

And if you can, hotswap between a Celestial Nighthawk build and a Lucky Pants build (All subclass options must be exactly the same otherwise you lose all super and ability energy when swapping) for ultimate damage.

www.youtube.com

Rotations 101: Nighthawk Lucky Pants

Welcome to another episode of rotations 101, today we're covering a hybrid rotation that makes use of a loadout swap to benefit from the effects of 2 exotic ...
Yeah I'm doing the loadout swap already, Warlord's Ruin bosses are a piece of cake for me, the only thing I regularly die on are the Hexers lol.

Yeah everyone is singing praises for Warden's Law so no matter what happens I'll try doing the GM for that week, even though I only did The Corrupted with the flying Titan cheese. Hope it's the unpatched The Corrupted again when that happens to make things easier for me lol.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Pantheon is great. Super fun to revisit those fights and the new challenge was cool. It just showers you with rewards.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oliver James I dunno what happened here

image.png

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Granted I've only done normal mode, but my Shiny drop rate is atrocious. I've also turned in probably 500+ tokens and only got a handful from there too.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I like how after they fixed the battery healing, no one builds anymore until like wave 40. Just not worth it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I like how after they fixed the battery healing, no one builds anymore until like wave 40. Just not worth it.
I think the damage is bugged too, the regular adds, especially explosive ones very quickly kill them, so even less reason to really buy a lot early as they probably get destroyed before you really need them.

I just get a lvl 2 decoy for a possible Tormentor and leave it at that until wave 40.

Jun 9, 2023
Reading the TWAB, it seems like the change coming to Rahool is setting up for the Exotic Class Items. I can't wait to see what kind of tedium they put in place for acquiring them, and/or what new super rare currency we need to focus them.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't done all the transmog bounties yet, there is a destination one for killing champions/bosses and it counts in onslaught.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
What's the PvP meta nowadays? Haven't played it in a while and need to do some of the seasonal challenges.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
I've been rocking this orpheus rigs build in Onslaught and routinely generating 250+ orbs.
2x siphon mods on the helm will drop 2 orbs on rapid kills. Just keep popping super, kills ads after they run into the tether to keep generating more.

The artefact mod "wished into being" also helps gen even more orbs.

I'd never even used this exotic before Onslaught, it's so good for crowd control and becoming an orb machine for your fireteam.

You should try Echo of Harvest. Throw a grenade where you tether and boom, like 6 more orbs and void breaches.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What's the PvP meta nowadays? Haven't played it in a while and need to do some of the seasonal challenges.

Hand cannons are still a solid pick. Auto Rifles are making a comeback and 450 Precision Frames had to get a slight nerf because Prosecutor (new AR from refreshed Prophecy dungeon) was incredibly strong, but I still got killed by quite a few of them last night. Bungie has been doing a lot of experimenting with how special ammo works (boxes in the map, building special ammo meter), so lately I run double primaries and ignore that. Heliocentric (new solar world drop sidearm) is a beast.

Here's the latest top weapons from trials.report

8djqlgX.png

And popular PVP weapons listed here as well:

Weapon Insights - Destiny 2 DB

Destiny 2 Stats! Check your profile and weapon statistics. View the top Destiny 2 players on our leaderboards and how you perform by comparison.

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any Pantheon impressions?

Is it just bosses?

Edit: saw Demi's post, kind of morbidly curious if I can jump in a group and do it with randos

Last edited:

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any Pantheon impressions?

Is it just bosses?
4 raid bosses with a spin on some of them. It seems the spin is that there's a Tormentor on planets and Atraks.

Now LFG is a complete disaster right now, people on reddit are complaining en masse. If you have a good raid group, go for it.

Edit: saw Demi's post, kind of morbidly curious if I can jump in a group and do it with randos
Well good luck!

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
4 raid bosses with a spin on some of them. It seems the spin is that there's a Tormentor on planets and Atraks.

Now LFG is a complete disaster right now, people on reddit are complaining en masse. If you have a good raid group, go for it.

Well good luck!

Hot diggity, I have a raid group but our schedules are rough right now. Any idea if previous weeks stick around?

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hot diggity, I have a raid group but our schedules are rough right now. Any idea if previous weeks stick around?
The whole thing is only 5 weeks and I haven't read that the previous weeks will stay, I guess you can think of them as exotic missions that will only run once then it's gone unless anyone knows otherwise. So yeah the best time to do it is now, and I've read each week is going to be progressively harder.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I think they'll stay just based on how they let you specifically pick the Atraks one in LFG, guessing they will act as difficulty options or maybe all come back when the contest mode one is out for the last week or 2.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Oh nice if that is actually the case
Also with the Title needing you to do each, making it so if you miss a week you have already voided it and shouldn't actually bother with it now would kinda work against it. Though the loot being for people who never raid, in a time limited event for people who raid a lot I guess it's possible it's a "do it on the week or you aren't getting the title" situation.