• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
giphy.gif

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
New subclasses? A new class? New supers in Forsaken were ok, but I'm hoping for something more substantial this time.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
yeah im confused why they are focusing on destiny 2 instead of making the third game....destiny 2 is so boring compared to destiny 1 in my opinion :(
Why would they make a new game only 2 years after launch, right before a new gen? Look at Division 2 sales...it's not a good strategy.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing bits and pieces of the vanilla PC version at a time since it went free for a short time awhile back. Maybe I should just go ahead and dip into Forsaken/Annual Pass to prepare for this

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it is in fact a wrap on the Savathun storyline, they missed the chance of using The Taken Queen as a title lol

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Its not a Destiny thread on ERA if its not filled with "I won't be fooled again, Destiny! Wrrry!!" posts
Yeah , really terrible stuff. Everyone was disappointed with D2 vanilla but there is no need to post that shit every single thread, especially after Forsaken which is one of the best product of this generation.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
They have plenty money to develop a proper AAA sequel.
Without the backing of a major publisher? They lost a ton of support staff with the Activision split, and the resources necessary for AAA game development is incredibly high right now. I don't even know the last time we've seen a fully independent studio develop and self publish a AAA game.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"You won't fool me again," "I'm not falling for this again," "I got burned last time," "I'm gonna pass,", "no thanks", etc.

We get it. Get over it.

And no I'm not some corporate apologist or shill, y'all just need to stop acting like children.

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
Without the backing of a major publisher? They lost a ton of support staff with the Activision split, and the resources necessary for AAA game development is incredibly high right now. I don't even know the last time we've seen a fully independent studio develop and self publish a AAA game.
Bungie isn't your typical indie studio, they're larger than most AAA studios. Last I checked, Bungie is over 500 strong. They're "indie" in the same way CDPR is (and there's your example of a fully independent studio developing and self publishing a MASSIVE AAA game). Not to mention a publisher is not the only source of funding, it's common to get many investors for a big project.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Listen, I don't ask for much.

Just, you know, all of the destinations from Destiny 1 made available in Destiny 2, along with their Strikes and Crucible maps.

That's all.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd pay for all Destiny 1 content in Destiny 2. Like a Rock Band 2 type of deal.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Let us sell you back content we took away from you"

Will wait for details tho. Hoping it's like a rise of iron expansion.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
More of this 'shadow' narrative. I wonder if it will continue the current story or will be a side story like ROI.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
so we fighting the darkness on the moon?

Still sounds like a sizable expac, maybe they were able to do a lot more with activision out of the way

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie isn't your typical indie studio, they're larger than most AAA studios. Last I checked, Bungie is over 500 strong. They're "indie" in the same way CDPR is (and there's your example of a fully independent studio developing and self publishing a MASSIVE AAA game). Not to mention a publisher is not the only source of funding, it's common to get many investors for a big project.
Who would invest in Destiny 3 that isn't a publisher? I don't think Bungie would enter another 10 year deal, but I would think they'd partner with someone for their next game even if it just comes to stuff like marketing costs and post launch support

And yeah, Bungie is a huge studio, which is why I don't see them carrying on and making/supporting Destiny 3 without a publisher giving them some sort of support. They had a hard time supporting the first Destiny game and had High Moon helping them on Destiny 2.

JetBlackPanda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
So I have everything with the season pass and I about 650 in light, excited to catch up tonight. I have a buddy that has the base game and whatever DLC passes were included at launch?

what does he need to do to catch up? I do not believe he has Forsaken.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So I have everything with the season pass and I about 650 in light, excited to catch up tonight. I have a buddy that has the base game and whatever DLC passes were included at launch?

what does he need to do to catch up? I do not believe he has Forsaken.

He would need Forsaken + Annual Pass. Maybe wait til this is officially announced cause it might include the older stuff. Maybe.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
New subclasses? A new class? New supers in Forsaken were ok, but I'm hoping for something more substantial this time.
They cant even do this in their full sequels, no way will they do it for an expansion (in terms of full on new classes. Subclasses seem more likely)
That's because you think that about any post that questions bungie.

This is almost certainly a brand new area on the Moon that will look quite different overall, much like the return to Mars in Warmind.

(But honestly, I hope the entirety of the original Moon is back along with new areas. I miss it.)
I want the old areas back too, I just never thought they should be paid for since D1 and D2 should have been in the same template like an mmo. If the new content is good and it's like a rise of iron DLC with the old areas back I wont complain at all tho