• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 14, 2017
Read above, I said I disagree with account bans.
You agreed with temp bans though. What if the player decide they ignore the ban, and come back and do the same thing again? Eventually if a player accumulates enough temp bans, a developer has to permaban them, right? Constantly banning a player costs money.

Even if the developer figures out a way to just constantly issue temp bans for no cost, how is it fair to deprive someone of something they bought just because there are aspects of the design that are scuffed and exploitable? Even then, how is it good business to alienate your most dedicated players?

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Banning people because you fail to allocate your drop rates correctly while people play the game as intended is dumb as fuck.

Patch and move on, but don't hold players accountable for opening two fucking chests in an area where there should have been just one because of your coding ineptitude.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be wild if Bungie banned for stuff like that.

For example, in D1 you could enter an area 'segment'(Where the name pops up) in order to mass farm resources while they were still 'up'. The loot cave. Man, such a mess.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This is pretty common for shlooters. Just so you know I've preemptively put you on ignore in case you point out one of the countless examples of exploits in shlooters that didn't result in permenant bands.Good day
LMAO "I disagree with you but don't have a good reason to so I've chosen to start screaming lalalalala with my ears plugged preemptively because I know my argument is shit"

Neato

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think he may've been joking.
You never know these days lol
With all of the free defense people have been throwing out for Anthem lately, it's hard to know if even fairly blatant sarcasm is actually sarcasm.

This whole thing has been an absolute shitshow. Banning someone for a PVE "economy exploit" in a game with no trading? The fuck is wrong with EA and Bioware?

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
hilarious, even Destiny and Division had PvP and they didn't ban anyone doing something like this

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's not. Bungie and Massive don't ban people from Destiny and Division when players abuse PVE exploits. Loot cave in Destiny 1, people glitching into Last Wish in Destiny 2 before the raid dropped to get raid loot, Bullet King and the incursion glitches in Division, etc. All PVE exploits that the devs patched and didn't ban people for. They patch that shit and move along. It's not worth the effort punishing players for developer oversight when you can just patch it and admit it was broken.

Can't you use in game currency in Anthem to purchase items from the store? Something I don't recall being possible in Destiny or Division.

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing of value will be lost when Bioware closes. They aren't the studio they were.

Obviously I hope everyone there lands on their feet.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The only point in Everquest was PVE.. 95% of the servers where PVE.

Sorry but I am not a fan of people using Loopholes in persistent game logic for their own benefit. If he found it and did it once report it and don't do it again. How is that hard to understand?

If you literally know something is a bug/exploit and you keep doing it you are begging for the Ban hammer.
no one is using a loop hole. They're pointing out that there is 0 reason to ban someone for an exploit that doesnt effect anyone else.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only point in Everquest was PVE.. 95% of the servers where PVE.

Sorry but I am not a fan of people using Loopholes in persistent game logic for their own benefit. If he found it and did it once report it and don't do it again. How is that hard to understand?

If you literally know something is a bug/exploit and you keep doing it you are begging for the Ban hammer.

Everquest had PvP from day 1. Everquest was also an MMO with actual tiered progression that separated players by the content they did. Anthem has none of this.

Also, it's just not good press for a game that came out of the gate half finished and already has a shit reputation. Why would you do anything to make things worse?

delume

Oct 27, 2017
Newest of all Zealands
This is a very weird "you can only have fun the way I want you too" situation. It is pretty much a single payer game (no pvp) so it shouldn't matter a bit. Reading comments here and in other places, it is amazing how fiercely loyal its fan base is. Terrible PR for a game that wants people to focus on potential and play the "we are listening to you" card. Just bizarre.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Technically, if the TOS agreement specifically says not to do this (which it apparently does), then they have every right to act accordingly. It's not the developer's fault when players ignore or violate the TOS.

That said, I agree that this is a laughable situation.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This is a very weird "you can only have fun the way I want you too" situation. It is pretty much a single payer game (no pvp) so it shouldn't matter a bit. Reading comments here and in other places, it is amazing how fiercely loyal its fan base is. Terrible PR for a game that wants people to focus on potential and play the "we are listening to you" card. Just bizarre.
agreed.

In his YouTube video he's acting as if he hasn't done anything wrong and even states he "didn't benefit" from his actions yet clearly in the clip I posted they are using the ultimate glitch and they are talking about using a quit/launch glitch as well while many many rares are littered about.

Also quoting from the YouTube comment section:

"The chest farm wasn't even an exploit. What you exploited was the ursix mission in which you would kill an ursix with your bugged storm ults and then die and rekill the ursix. You also did the tyrant mine boss reset exploit in which you kill the boss and exit the game and kill it over and over. You clearly don't mention these,"

So yeah. "Not sure why I was banned" guy knows exactly why he was banned. He broke the ToS and promoted these ToS breaking exploits as he says to 50,000 viewers. They're not legit farming methods, they are exploits. The game isn't intended to be played that way. I'm all for efficiency, finding the fastest way to get the best loot or whatever but let's all be honest about what actually happened here.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
In his YouTube video he's acting as if he hasn't done anything wrong and even states he "didn't benefit" from his actions yet clearly in the clip I posted they are using the ultimate glitch and they are talking about using a quit/launch glitch as well while many many rares are littered about.

"The chest farm wasn't even an exploit. What you exploited was the ursix mission in which you would kill an ursix with your bugged storm ults and then die and rekill the ursix. You also did the tyrant mine boss reset exploit in which you kill the boss and exit the game and kill it over and over. You clearly don't mention these,"

So yeah. "Not sure why I was banned" guy knows exactly why he was banned. He broke the ToS and promoted these ToS breaking exploits as he says to 50,000 viewers. They're not legit farming methods, they are exploits. The game isn't intended to be played that way. I'm all for efficiency, finding the fastest way to get the best loot or whatever but let's all be honest about what actually happened here.
Is this still a 100% PvE game with no actual economy or not?

I'm struggling to give a shit.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there are actual people in here defending the bans of some 'exploit' that doesn't impact their life at all. just marry the company already fuck

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They're not legit farming methods, they are exploits. The game isn't intended to be played that way. I'm all for efficiency, finding the fastest way to get the best loot or whatever but let's all be honest about what actually happened here.

100's of players were doing this, multiple streamers, YT vids were up showing you how to farm the ursix, etc.

Best part is that 99% of that loot was trash.

This has nothing to do with legit, that word does not apply to a loot farm - you are making use of the game design to farm, it's literally what games like Anthem, Destiny, Division etc are about.

Get best loot, fastest. If that is not what Bioware intended, the onus is on them to patch it out.

Or they could actually add meaningful content for players to farm and adjust drop rates.

This is 100% on Bioware.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Well usually there's an economy or pvp portion of the game this could actually affect but with Anthem?

Apparently he's reported these bugs multiple times since beta. There's even links on his twitter feed to BioWare.

Deleted member 8784

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For example, in D1 you could enter an area 'segment'(Where the name pops up) in order to mass farm resources while they were still 'up'. The loot cave. Man, such a mess.

I remember winning an encounter with the House of Wolves, getting your 30 second key timer, opening the chest once and then trying to speeder bike out of the area and back in to get another go at the chest.

That was excellent fun.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Point me towards ANYTHING related to Anthem that isn't a complete mess.

I'll wait.
The dev communication. This gen has thoroughly proven that a certain type of customer just wants to talk to the manager. As long as there is a perceived line to vent and engage, quality doesn't matter. We have seen it with Bethesda and the constant vapid PR speak that is gobbled up and are now seeing it with Anthem. You don't need to deliver if you can get that sweet parasocial relationship going.

Jun 17, 2018
Amazing when we live in a world where you can't play a game within its own normal boundaries. EA can fuck off with this shit. If this is the kind of thing we can expect going forward, then how about firing the employees that allowed this to be done in the first place...

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

He is not doing the quit launch glitch there. Thats the ursix mission where they keep killing the ursix after respawning.

Mr.Black

Apr 28, 2018
Finland
Farming bullet king in The Division. Kill him, die to the adds, respawn and repeat. They fixed it, embraced the meme and made some badass art at the spawn point for us all to remember the good times :D

This ban and those who defend it are out of their minds.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
This is a bold strategy. Banning a popular streamer who likes your game for effectively farming in a looter shooter/ shlooter/ whatever we are calling it today. They are, as we are told by execs, modern day reviewers.

I am sure this is going to work out great for them along with the critical reception.

Also, this is going to show the positives of purchasing a PvE always online game for full price and always having access to it. Long live the digital always connected future.

Last edited:

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who hasn't yet bought Anthem and was waiting for the dust to settle on the general consensus, YIKES!
Definitely not going to buy it.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't something similar happen to a Fallout 76 guy with like 900 hours of play time

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Banning streamers is just a really bold marketing move in 2019.

Especially when your game has a 60 on Metacritic.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Banning streamers is just a really bold marketing move in 2019.

Especially when your game has a 60 on Metacritic.
The game has struggled to crack top 30 on twitch on its second weekend and now they're perma banning someone who accounts for 10% of viewership. It's insane how poorly thought out everything about this game is.