• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SnowFlakeCake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a really good game, absolutely loved it. I skipped Beyond but Heavy Rain along with this are games I loved.

Sony smashing it this generation, when it goes your way it REALLY goes your way.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I'm happy that this show that games like this do have a sizable audience! Quantic is proving that the adventure/point and click genre is something that can have high production value and make money! My little adventure point-click heart is very happy!
I wouldn't call it an adventure/point and click game. QD games are more like an evolution of Dragons Lair.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Sony will take 100% with digital too, so I guess it is safe to say it is probably already profitable! Should have some great legs too, considering Heavy Rain went to sell 5+ million!
Yeah even Beyond sold 2.5 million copies so Detroit should easily reach over 3-3.5 when it is all said and done. I'm sure if it's not profitable already it will be in like 2 weeks lol. Should make a healthy profit overall. Also I'm pretty sure this vastly outstrips Until Dawn since they only said it was a sleeper hit without any concrete sales numbers

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. The game is so good and it's really fun to play with other non-gamers as well.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
Is 1m really enough for a AAA Sony PS4 game??

Kirby sold 1.2m in 2 weeks on switch and the budgets are massively different.

I guess the Lifetime sales are most important.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Real talk, I wasn't impressed with GoW graphics, because I thought Horizon looked alot better, but then I started playing this game and my jaw dropped hard. Best looking game this gen imo.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
They were saying?

AtKJu.gif
I would be so disappointed if this is the last time we get to see Connor and Hank.
tumblr_p9bly9d7cp1r5uz1po1_540.gif

tumblr_p9bly9d7cp1r5uz1po2_540.gif

tumblr_p9bly9d7cp1r5uz1po4_540.gif

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Why are a lot of people salty in this forum because the game is selling good. Selling good means better games and people could keep their jobs. If a fame is in a level of the game Agony then could fail but this game is good.

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
Lies! I want actual receipts! /s
The salt from some of y'all is real.

Grats QD, it's a great game, well deserved.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I personally think it's an evolution of the adventure/point-click game, but that's my opinion of course.... I'm just happy that games like this are around and being made! So I'm happy either way!
I don't because the core gameplay loop of those games is puzzle solving. The core gameplay loop in QD games is making choices. Point and Click games are very much alive and well by the way.

DontRaff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great news. Getting sales numbers for games is so refreshing and glad I was able to contribute.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Good. Really happy if it's success and hopefully continued success. We need more games like this.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Why are a lot of people salty in this forum because the game is selling good. Selling good means better games and people could keep their jobs.

Some people love to hate QD and their games. The amount of salt in this thread is incredible, from people who have been arguing against Detroit all the way and all the time, despite all the evidence of its success.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Turns out the studio head really did know something about the sales of his own game. Go figure!

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see you haven't been to Detroit lately. In 3-4 years, Detroit will be the top 3 city in the U.S with the growth that is happening in downtown with bedrock and other businesses.

It's a good thing for the city. But you know how it is, it will take at least ten years for the general populace to catch up.

Was it confirmed or is it still alleged?

I think that poster might be referring to previous games by QD, which do not treat certain subjects very well.

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
Glad for QD.
It was always distrubing to see the haters out the day of the release spouting so much nonsense when at the time i hadn't even finished downloading the game digitally.
Next Stop 2M !