Votes: 72 18.5%
  • Early: rough, Full: smooth

Votes: 68 17.5%
  • Both rough: error 37, queues for hours, servers on fire

Votes: 101 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 26, 2017
I'm back from work! Reading maxroll to help decide what build I want to go. Was thinking of rogue this season but reading some comments about it can be harder in controller. That accurate?
Heartseeker is very easy on controller and hilariously simple to play once you get it running.

Penetrating shot was not ideal for me because auto-aim made it more difficult to line things up then I would've liked and sometimes sent shots in unexpected directions.

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I jumped back in for this season after skipping S3, and was having a really good time working my way up to 100 and getting my glyphs leveled up.

After that though, my enthusiasm just fell off a cliff. I really don't enjoy the grinding for mats to summon bosses, and even the streamlined loot system still absolutely begs for a true filter. Unless there are some major changes, I don't see myself coming back until the expansion.

I'm glad a lot of people are enjoying things though. I do want the game to succeed, but realize that the systems in place are just not ones that appeal to me right now.

eek

Oct 26, 2017

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
lol just found a 2nd tyraels might. Actually found a use for the first one with a Wind Sheer Druid but kinda funny that the only 2 uber uniques I've found are this chest.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
This almost feels heretical to say but holy shit this games feels so much better on a controller lol
I only truly fell in love with Diablo when I first played the console versions of D3 around five years ago. It felt so good, like the version of the game it was always meant to be.

I also think the D3 controller interface for menus and item management was incredible, considering how many things there are to sort and manage through. D4's feel a step down in every way.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I only truly fell in love with Diablo when I first played the console versions of D3 around five years ago. It felt so good, like the version of the game it was always meant to be.

I also think the D3 controller interface for menus and item management was incredible, considering how many things there are to sort and manage through. D4's feel a step down in every way.
I was never a fan of D3's item management on controller. The item wheel with a very long, vertical column of gear that shows only a few items at a time seems very restrictive. Using a controller on D2 is pretty intuitive despite being very similar to the original implementation.

I agree that this genre really shines with a controller. Separating movement from directional attacks was a fantastic improvement. I'm glad many ARPGs are allowing it even on the PC versions, too.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any luck with trade sites? Trying to trade for a random item with Flamethrower aspect so I can level my Sorc but not having any luck.

Edit: Got one, took a while but probably less than waiting for it to drop.

Last edited:

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, no corpse explosion? When I left that was all the rage ....
I leveld with corpse explosion and it's super fun and fast
for endgame it's too weak though, fir early endgame I switched to tendrils and blood golem which was also interesting gameplay
pull the whole room and the golem delets them, also super fun although the golem animation is super unsatisfying

for late endgame I switched to the shadowmage bonestorm build, way less fun but great survivability

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at level 65, most of my gear is between 715 - 750, all oranges with a couple uniques

What should I be working on to level & get new stuff? Just endless helltides still, or is there something else that's recommended? I saw generally that tier 4 is for levels 70+

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, no corpse explosion? When I left that was all the rage ....

Honestly minions are strong enoughi it doesn't matter.

High end builds that are pushing the highest pits are usually using blood mist with corpse explosion. It's
used for the invulnerable period(needed for the insane one hit bosses and corpse explosion to proc the shadowblight passive.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'm at level 65, most of my gear is between 715 - 750, all oranges with a couple uniques

What should I be working on to level & get new stuff? Just endless helltides still, or is there something else that's recommended? I saw generally that tier 4 is for levels 70+
You should move into wt4 ASAP.

All your sacred gear is going to be replaced in wt4 and 65 should be more than strong enough to do the capstone. Mid 40's is generally doable but ancestral gear is level 55 minimum.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks! Just beat the capstone. Should I head back to the helltides or work on something else?
Head to Kyovoshad's statue of world tendency and crank it up to WT4! Legion events are great for very fast XP and drops, so I'd attend those and world bosses as often as you can. Getting some extra levels very quickly can smooth out the difficulty bump. Chasing the Whisper events to knock out those tasks is also worth focusing on. Beyond that, don't forget to allocate your Paragon board and glyphs! So you can run some appropriate NM dungeons here and there.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Lost a double GA crit chance/attack speed ring to tempers today. Never rolled anything remotely usable.

It's an amazing system for leveling and starting endgame. This is when you have plenty of gear that you can temper that will upgrade your character.

But true endgame when seeing 1-2 potential upgrade drops a play session, your excitement comes from a vendor with a lootbox animation now.

The masterworking system is great for the endgame, if too much of a goldsink. But when I miss the MW bonus on gear, it's just damn, back to the pits to try again. I'm happy to toil away doing that to squeeze out last bits of dps.

Tempering has just become this weird middle step now for me that causes more friction than help.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm at the armor cap and I have okay resistances, but I'm still getting popped like a balloon randomly out of nowhere in some fights. I will be fortified with full health and then poof. I just evaporate and I can't figure out why.

And I have a Harlequin Crest on as well. I shouldn't be this squishy.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
I'm at the armor cap and I have okay resistances, but I'm still getting popped like a balloon randomly out of nowhere in some fights. I will be fortified with full health and then poof. I just evaporate and I can't figure out why.

And I have a Harlequin Crest on as well. I shouldn't be this squishy.

Gotta get those resistances up, they matter A LOT! What level and health are you at?

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
Time to try shadow minion, it's not pretty but I made the switch from standard minion. A lot of my affixes are dog shit for the build but at least I have something to work for again. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
Well i can confirm that disabling both crossplay options completely fixed the freezes i was having constantly dunno why and it was the last thing i suspected so it was also the last option i tried.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
leveling a barb and they profit like 3 times as much from tempering from their weapons where the stronges temperings are, damn

they really need to add weapon slots for the other classes in the expansion, with stats, aspect multiplier and tempering multiplers from a 2h weapon

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
leveling a barb and they profit like 3 times as much from tempering from their weapons where the stronges temperings are, damn

they really need to add weapon slots for the other classes in the expansion, with stats, aspect multiplier and tempering multiplers from a 2h weapon

Wait till you learn about everyone using a rouge to temper their barb weapons. Rouges can temper vuln damage and crit damage.

Oct 25, 2017
Truth. Left-clicking a million times a minute really isn't all that comfortable compared to controller play.

I'm literally playing through Diablo 1 with controller support at the moment, and it plays absurdly well.

If you set up WASD movement, you don't need to click all that much. Plus you can hold click for most if not all attacks, rather than rapidly pressing.

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
Dunno if it's a dumb question but does the Attack Power stat actually matters? Every time I drop an item with % damage affix it boosts this stat but I don't know if actually increases my damage to consider items with this affix

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno if it's a dumb question but does the Attack Power stat actually matters? Every time I drop an item with % damage affix it boosts this stat but I don't know if actually increases my damage to consider items with this affix

No it does not matter. Its a very rough estimate of attack power in game. Its heavily weighted toward main stat, weapon damage and attack speed I believe. With things like +damage just impacting way more than actually happens while killing monsters.

There is a really long winded answer regarding damage buckets and additive versus multiplicative damage etc. Quick example I dropped a +45% damage roll on my amulet for a +2 ranks of Hellbent commander on my amulet. Which is a x30% passive, my in game attack rating went down like 5k, but my actual damage numbers went way up. And I was able to crack tier 90 of the pit.

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
No it does not matter. Its a very rough estimate of attack power in game. Its heavily weighted toward main stat, weapon damage and attack speed I believe. With things like +damage just impacting way more than actually happens while killing monsters.

There is a really long winded answer regarding damage buckets and additive versus multiplicative damage etc. Quick example I dropped a +45% damage roll on my amulet for a +2 ranks of Hellbent commander on my amulet. Which is a x30% passive, my in game attack rating went down like 5k, but my actual damage numbers went way up. And I was able to crack tier 90 of the pit.
I see, suspected as much. Thanks for the reply!

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly found Double Swing Dust Devil to be kinda squishy. Ended up switching to a thorns build when I got a razorplate.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any point staying in the pit after the timer runs out? Tried it for the first time and got owned but am wondering why it lets me stay in here

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
If you're playing a necro and put lucky hit chance to _____, does it apply to your minions? I have some %chance tempers and they don't seem to ever register unless I'm doing the damage

Edit: seems minions don't have lucky hit chance, so I guess that would explain it never working

Last edited:

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
If you're playing a necro and put lucky hit chance to _____, does it apply to your minions? I have some %chance tempers and they don't seem to ever register unless I'm doing the damage

Edit: seems minions don't have lucky hit chance, so I guess that would explain it never working
I read that too but it doesnt make sense because decrepify for lucky hit to reduce cooldowns is part of every necro build

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017

This is not fair.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Finally able to clear Tier 41 in the Pit.

Werenado is so squishy but Hunter's Zenith definitely helps.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
General question about tempering: I'm playing a lightning ball sorc and have the chance to double cast lightning ball temper on my wand and on my offhand, does this acutally stack in any way or is this a waste of a temper slot?

Oct 26, 2017
Had a weird bug today. Logged into my rogue for the first time today and went into Hellfire only to find myself with 250 embers. Not sure if that's what I logged out with yesterday or if they showed up randomly.

Then right after, I got a 99 NMD with no stupid goals, just run straight to the boss. First time I've seen that but it was the best NMD ever.

Then right after that, I bricked three rings in a row with tempering! Not a bug but feels bad, man.

General question about tempering: I'm playing a lightning ball sorc and have the chance to double cast lightning ball temper on my wand and on my offhand, does this acutally stack in any way or is this a waste of a temper slot?
I believe it stacks. A lot of online builds seem to use multiples of these kinds of tempers.