Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shantotto isn't in yet.
I tried her last time and wasn't into it.

I like the combination of being able to:
1) Debuff - I love debuffs.
2) Place traps so people can't get to me - I can kite anyone it seems.
3) Bully people with rocks - great CC.

I really like Holy, too.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
This will naturally happen after the games been out for a while, I suspect. It's normal for people to gravitate to the names they recognize first. My boyfriend, who has never played an FF, had only ever heard of Cloud and Seph by word of mouth, and knew Tidus and Jecht from watching me play X, so of course he wanted to run with them first (obvs having to wait for Seph and Tidus). He finally started to branch out and gave Warrior of Light and Zidane a try. I'm sure folks will vary it up as they learn personalities and play-styles. Cloud, Seph, Noct, and Lightning will probably always be super popular just the same, but it's fun to play the big names too.
Yeah you're right. It's too bad. Many people only see know Final Fantasy and see Cloud, Lightning, Sephiroth and, heck, even Yuna at times.

Makes me glad that I was introduced to Final Fantasy by playing Final Fantasy IV. Regardless of what certain people think of that game, it's still my favorite.

But give it time! Maybe people will get interested in playing the main games and eventually, after playing VII and VI, they'll try out the other less famous ones.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I'll just paste it here again, because I think everyone should read it - a great guide which explains basic systems, Summons, Brave/HP/EX skills for each character.
I tried her last time and wasn't into it.

I like the combination of being able to:
1) Debuff - I love debuffs.
2) Place traps so people can't get to me - I can kite anyone it seems.
3) Bully people with rocks - great CC.

I really like Holy, too.
While online I'm currently using Y'shtola, for offline, especially summon battles, I think Terra is my favorite. Being able to move while casting is great and prevents you from being stuck in place if you used an attack at a bad time.
I really should give Terra a try online, but going outside my comfort zone is scary!

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Might sound like a dumb question, but did you text CUPNOODLES to 87963? You should have gotten a response from a different number after that, and you send the receipt photo to that number.

I sent the photo to them in the message prompt system, but once I sent that nothing happened after. I received the message saying "We got UR pic"

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried to look through a few pages but couldn't really find a definitive initial impression on this game.

Any import and want to chime in?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I sent the photo to them in the message prompt system, but once I sent that nothing happened after. I received the message saying "We got UR pic"
How long has it been since then? When i did it, I sent my picture at 5:38 PM, got a text saying "We got UR image!" immediately, and got my code at 10:43 AM the next day.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just paste it here again, because I think everyone should read it - a great guide which explains basic systems, Summons, Brave/HP/EX skills for each character.

While online I'm currently using Y'shtola, for offline, especially summon battles, I think Terra is my favorite. Being able to move while casting is great and prevents you from being stuck in place if you used an attack at a bad time.
I really should give Terra a try online, but going outside my comfort zone is scary!

Get out of that comfort zone and try! Once you're out of bronze the characters ranks are separate anyway.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yeah you're right. It's too bad. Many people only see know Final Fantasy and see Cloud, Lightning, Sephiroth and, heck, even Yuna at times.

Makes me glad that I was introduced to Final Fantasy by playing Final Fantasy IV. Regardless of what certain people think of that game, it's still my favorite.

But give it time! Maybe people will get interested in playing the main games and eventually, after playing VII and VI, they'll try out the other less famous ones.
High five, my first FF was IV too. I've played every single FF and spin-off, most multiple times.........but I've always avoided the MMOs, mostly because I just did not want to go down that rabbit hole. But Y'shtola is so much fun that I'm going to cave and grab XIV so I totally do think this game will have that kind of effect.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
High five, my first FF was IV too. I've played every single FF and spin-off, most multiple times.........but I've always avoided the MMOs, mostly because I just did not want to go down that rabbit hole. But Y'shtola is so much fun that I'm going to cave and grab XIV so I totally do think this game will have that kind of effect.
You even played shit like Dice De Chocobo and Artkniks Drive? I just found out about the latter today.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Get out of that comfort zone and try! Once you're out of bronze the characters ranks are separate anyway.
Oh, so that's what it is. Thanks a ton, I must have missed that tutorial and I was very confused as to why some of my characters seem to be sharing ranks and some not. This explains everything, now offline and online ranks are much less confusing.
I'll definitely give her a shot, especially since all the offline playing allowed me to level her up quite a bit and I even got the green haired costume for her from a treasure box.

Nov 3, 2017
I unlocked Lightning's "Meow meow choco chow" line.

If evidence was ever need that she is the Goddess of Final Fantasy, this would be it

SgtWiggles

Oct 25, 2017
Finally gave Bartz a try, I think I found my new main. Seems like he has a nice skillset for all situations, and I absolutely love nailing people with Arrow or Goblin Punch

The last 2 characters I'm really looking forward to trying are Noctis and Ace

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Finally gave Bartz a try, I think I found my new main. Seems like he has a nice skillset for all situations, and I absolutely love nailing people with Arrow or Goblin Punch

The last 2 characters I'm really looking forward to trying are Noctis and Ace

Bartz is insanely fun. He what I defaulted to when I realized that I jsut can't get a grip on squal's trigger timing and had to chose a different main, and Zidane felt too intimidating. I am playing Ramza for now though, also a load of fun, and very pretty too

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the next character rotation. Really excited to try out Garland and Kain.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is up with the HDR in this game? Everything just looks like the brightness was cranked too high. Manipulating the brightness settings in-game only seemed to make it worse.

SgtWiggles

Oct 25, 2017
Bartz is insanely fun. He what I defaulted to when I realized that I jsut can't get a grip on squal's trigger timing and had to chose a different main, and Zidane felt too intimidating. I am playing Ramza for now though, also a load of fun, and very pretty too

I really love Ramza too, but I feel like I get shut down too consistently by Casters when I'm on him, especially if I can't keep Shout up. Though he feels better than Bartz at taking on characters like Zidane and Lightning

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Thanks to DBFZ beta not working I put so much time into NT by mistake.

Y'Shtola will be my main easily.
Cecil feels odd, but he always did.
Ramza feels kinda... eh. I wish I liked his style better.
Golbez sure is different in NT.
(insert Kain will be played)

Also I've admired Firion from afar. Love his design, hate FF2. And I've found love with him in this game.

Also I wish the base game had more costumes, maybe just 3 instead of 2.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Does hp regen only affect your party members or also you as well?
Which HP regen?
The general EX skill affects everyone in the range around you when you cast it.
Yshtola's EX skill affects everyone in the big blue bubble around you as long as the party members are in range (for max of 5 sec effect).
Yshtola's 2nd HP attack doesn't have a distance limit on the HP recovery for your party members when it hits.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It sucks Y'shtola wont be in for the remainder of the beta starting tomorrow. I got as far as silver c with her. I gotta pick someone else tomorrow. I hope Ultimecia is good.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I've been fucking loving this so much. Been messing around with a bunch of characters but found Ramza to be my favorite thus far since he's faster and it suits more my playstyle with games in general. But seriously, this game is genuinely a blast. I'm surprised just how much fun it is.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Which HP regen?
The general EX skill affects everyone in the range around you when you cast it.
Yshtola's EX skill affects everyone in the big blue bubble around you as long as the party members are in range (for max of 5 sec effect).
Yshtola's 2nd HP attack doesn't have a distance limit on the HP recovery for your party members when it hits.

I am playing Ramza. Didn't know there were different hp regens. Anyways yeah I just noticed it gave me the buff even though it said it regens party members

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Hype! That's all the characters I want to try in one rotation.

Does anyone else have issues matchmaking? I have two buddies and we queue up and can sit there forever not finding a thing.

Unsure what to do to get matches. I know we are playing at peak hours like right now in the evenings.

I had the same issue with my buddy, do you have different ranks?

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
The more I play this the more I'm getting into it. It's certainly already moved onto my pick up list some time after I slow down on Monster Hunter.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The beta is a lot of fun, not sure I'm going to pick it up for awhile, but using Golbez is almost as fun as he is in the PSP ones.