SgtWiggles

Oct 25, 2017
That feel when you queue as a 2 man group and get 2nd and 4th place on the losing team as Terra and WoL because your Lightning fed and died all 3 times.....

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
So, guys, how do I suck less at this game? I tried shantotto and y'shtola and got wrecked on the first beta, now I'm trying Ramza and I got worse, but I feel better at Y'shtola... psp dissidia didn't feel as hard as this game and I really want to be good at least with the characters I like :(

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So, guys, how do I suck less at this game? I tried shantotto and y'shtola and got wrecked on the first beta, now I'm trying Ramza and I got worse, but I feel better at Y'shtola... psp dissidia didn't feel as hard as this game and I really want to be good at least with the characters I like :(

With Ramza, it's crucial to keep your Shout up. Hold Triangle to charge your Ex Skill and press it to activate. (You can also hold it to instead buff your team, but do that sparringly.) Without Shout, Ramza is basically borderline trash. You can just barely stand up for yourself enough to win some space. You need to always try to make sure you activate Shout. It improves your moves dramatically.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
How should I play Bartz as a caster / marksman?

This is just me, but I wouldn't play him in that manner. His ranged attacks aren't anything great, but the rest of his kit is really good. Ranger bow attacks lock you into place for a long time so you're really vulnerable, and black magic stuff takes too long to come out. On some stages it's fun to use his geomancer earthquake hp attack as ranged but that's really it. I think he's great at mid to close range since he has good gap closers and close up stuff.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
and this is just my favorite match, cuz I did well in it, and I am vapid and like feeling good about being able to hold against 2 enemy players AND their summon at the same time

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
With Ramza, it's crucial to keep your Shout up. Hold Triangle to charge your Ex Skill and press it to activate. (You can also hold it to instead buff your team, but do that sparringly.) Without Shout, Ramza is basically borderline trash. You can just barely stand up for yourself enough to win some space. You need to always try to make sure you activate Shout. It improves your moves dramatically.
Oh... that explains a lot. I'll try it tomorrow. Any tips for Y'shtola?(though i believe my problem with her is not remembering the moveset correctly :|)

I wish I could play Kuja too :(

OVDRobo

Oct 29, 2017
Oh... that explains a lot. I'll try it tomorrow. Any tips for Y'shtola?(though i believe my problem with her is not remembering the moveset correctly :|)

The good news is that Kuja is available in the second wave tomorrow. Bad news is that Ramza isn't so if you want to get any more practice in, now is the time.

dffnt-ob-rotation2.jpg

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Waaaaaaaannna try cloud of darkness real bad.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
btw if you just want to practice replay the bravery system tutorial. As long as you don't use a HP attack you get a training dummy with infinite health/timer. I've used it a bunch.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm def going to try Sephiroth tomorrow. I also picked up a skin for Ultimecia, so I guess I'll be playing her too.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I am not liking what they did to Terra.

She had some really dirty stuff in the PSP games, but she just seems pretty lacking, plus her tracking is all kinds of weird on a lot of her moves.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

Remember that your attacks have debuff effects, which really helps, especially with landing stronger attacks/HP attack.
Set traps, harass with Stone, when someone is chasing you in the air try to hit them with Water, when on the ground with Blizzard.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Remember that your attacks have debuff effects, which really helps, especially with landing stronger attacks/HP attack.
Set traps, harass with Stone, when someone is chasing you in the air try to hit them with Water, when on the ground with Blizzard.
Ok! Thanks, I'll mark the moveset and try later when the game comes out... I'm loving Ramza now that I sort of know what to do xD

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
The next rotation looks fun....and I'm gonna miss it, stupid work. Y'all have fun. Tidus and Seph are two of my favs so I'm bummed to be missing them.

And I don't know why, but I love that Bartz is the one character who's available in all three rotations.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I wish we could mix and match UI elements. I like bigger more obvious character portraits on other player's health bars, from the arcade, but I'd prefer to keep eveyrthing else, including my own bar, summon bar and minimap more minimalistic.

Nov 3, 2017

Try looking up character guides and match analysis videos on YouTube.

Like Gundam Versus, this game rewards situational awareness and positioning in ways that aren't intuitive for people who don't play a lot of Japanese style arena brawlers.

Once you get the hang of positioning and keeping track of your teammates and enemies, things should start making a bit more sense.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Try looking up character guides and match analysis videos on YouTube.

Like Gundam Versus, this game rewards situational awareness and positioning in ways that aren't intuitive for people who don't play a lot of Japanese style arena brawlers.

Once you get the hang of positioning and keeping track of your teammates and enemies, things should start making a bit more sense.
Will do! Thanks. I have to study the game a bit since I'll be playing with a friend that's sort of a natural to any kind of game he touches... i don't wanna get left behind =_=

Nov 3, 2017

Y'shtola is very much built for team play, so try to play to her strengths.

Take advantage of any opportunity you get to throw spells at enemies distracted by your teammates. Even a single Stone or Virus would be a big help since they won't just damage the target, but the debuffs would make them more vulnerable to the guy they're actually fighting.

Her HP attacks follow a fairly similar pattern, in being geared for team play. Holy is amazing if you can sneak up on a guy occupied with your teammate, as its AOE is big enough that it's very hard to avoid. Big clusterfucks are also a great opportunity to use it, and I have netted double KOs doing so before.

On a more general basis, use her traps (dashing + attack) to create space, and her back + attack to knock back enemies who are too close. Remember you can dodge cancel after a spell by pressing L1 and a movement direction to help minimise opportunities for enemies to attack you while you're casting.

Try to engage Vanguards when possible. Y'shtola has all the tools necessary to keep them off her and make life miserable for them. Assassins are much tougher for her to go 1v1 as her spells are too slow and straightforward to really catch them if they know what they're doing.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Y'shtola is very much built for team play, so try to play to her strengths.

Take advantage of any opportunity you get to throw spells at enemies distracted by your teammates. Even a single Stone or Virus would be a big help since they won't just damage the target, but the debuffs would make them more vulnerable to the guy they're actually fighting.

Her HP attacks follow a fairly similar pattern, in being geared for team play. Holy is amazing if you can sneak up on a guy occupied with your teammate, as its AOE is big enough that it's very hard to avoid. Big clusterfucks are also a great opportunity to use it, and I have netted double KOs doing so before.

On a more general basis, use her traps (dashing + attack) to create space, and her back + attack to knock back enemies who are too close. Remember you can dodge cancel after a spell by pressing L1 and a movement direction to help minimise opportunities for enemies to attack you while you're casting.

Try to engage Vanguards when possible. Y'shtola has all the tools necessary to keep them off her and make life miserable for them. Assassins are much tougher for her to go 1v1 as her spells are too slow and straightforward to really catch them if they know what they're doing.
Yeah, I kinda did that on a match but it wasn't on purpose... I'll try to keep my distance from assassins since they got me rekd real bad, and also try to be a bit more patient with the hp skills... I'm saving all those tips btw, you guys are all really helpful @-@ it'll just take some time to memorize all that xD

Osu 16 Bit

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Man I had a hot streak going. Won like 4 games straight where I was #1. Then I get matched up with two AI bots as my partners and they get bopped in 20 seconds and I'm bodied.

This game is super fun when it clicks. If you're struggling to grasp it keep trying! I just focused on one thing at a time.

BTW Shiva is confirmed coolest summon, right?

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Garland's last HP attack is crazy but you can't follow up a wall rush with it because the startup is too slow.

SgtWiggles

Oct 25, 2017
That feel when you accidentally use Bartz's Dragoon Leap right into a 4k HP Holy, and it all happens on a well known streamers stream lol. Atleast we won the match handily still

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Only if we can agree that Midgard is complete ass. I love Flower Meadows the most though, especially after transition.
I only got to play on it once so I currently don't have an opinion on it. Is there a way to get the music to play according to the stage? I want Final Fantasy IV music to play on a IV stage, IX music on Alexandria, and etc.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I cant play yshtola for the life of me. Everything in her moveset seems to revolve around baiting and punishing.
i also cant reliably make ramza go super saiyan.
Cloud feels op with his aoe's and aerial neutral . But damn i need his omnislash like yesterday.
Terra is great so long as youre not getting ganged , she's absolutely dead at close range.
Bartz is probably my favorite so far, mastering his jobs is kind of a mini game in itself and too many people fail to predict high jump.

current rotation is my most anticipated one.
ace, seph , kefka , kuja , kain , ultemecia.

Osu 16 Bit

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I only got to play on it once so I currently don't have an opinion on it. Is there a way to get the music to play according to the stage? I want Final Fantasy IV music to play on a IV stage, IX music on Alexandria, and etc.

No, I do not think so. As far as I can tell it's always random and you can either have every song you have unlocked randomly, a general playlist, or a character specific playlist.

I'd probably keep it randomy anyway but It's a weird decision to not have the option.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017

Landed all three kills in a match, technically four with the double kill at the end.

I think Earthquake might be Garland's best HP attack even though the other ones do have their own uses.

Last edited:

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man I'm gonna miss Y'shtola after the rotation, had a ton of fun with her just picking people off with stone and baiting with holy and the traps.

The only problem I'm having with this game is the pretty shitty matchmaking and netcode. It takes far too long for me to queue a normal solo match (upwards to 5 minutes, which is fairly ridiculous when each game match takes about as long) and once you're in the match it's always a 50% chance someone has a poor connection and makes the entire game a lagfest.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They couldve easily made an arpg-lite mode out of this game. I am disappoint. Because the lack of good sp content will be a legit complaint and it couldve been fixed with little work.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait until the main game so I can get my hands on all of those ex moves and figure out some nice setups. Also the other HP attacks for the characters.