Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've played this game for over 200 hours and I don't think I've even attempted any of the missions with 10 button mode.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
P1eGcG6.gif

wtf
How do you even process that?

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly why I'm dreading 8B, there's no way I could process that.

.....wait, R2? WTF, is there a mode where you gotta use BOTH shoulder buttons on each side?
There are a couple of Missions where there is a 10B mode. I wish there were more charts with it because it's fun.

I haven't played Respect in a while, but I think I'm in the mood for it today. Maybe I'll clear up Missions or something.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I want a mode where you can play with your TV turned vertically on its side so the gear UI can completely take up the screen.

Also guess it's worth bringing up here for if we get the DLC next week:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
....oh yeah, or use it on the game itself. I was gonna wait & see if we got any DLC next week & use it on that.

Also yay, 500 MAXCOMBO achieved, and FINALLY unlocked the final song (Triple Zoe as well). So total, for each mode:

4 Button: 316 patterns
5B: 315 patterns
6B: 389 patterns
8B: 305 patterns

Total patterns: 1,325 patterns.

Right now, my play count is 531 songs with a total combined score of over 175 million. Now let's assume you somehow average about 333,333 per song. That's going to be MINIMUM about 300 songs, & I was at 308 when I got 100 million, so let's round that up to 310, which is about 23.4% of the total patterns in the game. That's going to be about 620ish songs to hit 200m, or 46.8% of the total patterns. Then about 930-940 (maybe 950, considering you've probably done all the easiest patterns & now have to do harder stuff where your score won't be as consistent) songs to hit 300m, which translates to about 70.2% to 71.7% of the patterns in the game.

Translation, you're probably gonna have to clear basically EVERY PATTERN on one mode for 100m, two modes for 200m, then the majority of a 3rd mode just to hit that final 300m mark.

Edit: & why hasn't the glitch for finding all the hidden BGMs been fixed??

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
....oh yeah, or use it on the game itself. I was gonna wait & see if we got any DLC next week & use it on that.

Also yay, 500 MAXCOMBO achieved, and FINALLY unlocked the final song (Triple Zoe as well). So total, for each mode:

4 Button: 316 patterns
5B: 315 patterns
6B: 389 patterns
8B: 305 patterns

Total patterns: 1,325 patterns.

Right now, my play count is 531 songs with a total combined score of over 175 million. Now let's assume you somehow average about 333,333 per song. That's going to be MINIMUM about 300 songs, & I was at 308 when I got 100 million, so let's round that up to 310, which is about 23.4% of the total patterns in the game. That's going to be about 620ish songs to hit 200m, or 46.8% of the total patterns. Then about 930-940 (maybe 950, considering you've probably done all the easiest patterns & now have to do harder stuff where your score won't be as consistent) songs to hit 300m, which translates to about 70.2% to 71.7% of the patterns in the game.

Translation, you're probably gonna have to clear basically EVERY PATTERN on one mode for 100m, two modes for 200m, then the majority of a 3rd mode just to hit that final 300m mark.

Oh dang, I have an adblocker on with the dark theme. Totally didn't see the tweet you originally shared haha Sorry 'bout that!

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
So the total score is just a total of the best scores for each chart and doesn't keep adding up independently with repeated plays of a song? I was fairly certain I saw someone on Gamefaqs post how they did the 999,999 combo largely playing one song repeatedly and in the end they shared stats with I thought a total score of 200,000,000+ (with updates along the way showing the total score growing with each update).

I had assumed that's how it worked but it'll be a real challenge if it's just totalling your top scores.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oops, you're right. Yeah, you can just replay a song you've already cleared & the score will still be added. I just tested this out.

Now that I've got the trophies for the max combos, freestyle combo, & s-ranks, it's really just getting the 200m & 300m, 50 missions, that mission against A.I, & getting the trophy that SHOULD'VE unlocked for finding all the hidden BGAs, unless it'll somehow unlock once you find one from one of the DLCs.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Mmm, got 3 perfect plays in a row. Easy 1-star 4B charts, but hey, I'm improving my concentration. It bothers me that getting a perfect play doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the maximum score, though. How does scoring work? For real.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Mmm, got 3 perfect plays in a row. Easy 1-star 4B charts, but hey, I'm improving my concentration. It bothers me that getting a perfect play doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the maximum score, though. How does scoring work? For real.
Each song is 300,000 points before fever. So every button press is 300,000/#notes in the chart. From there fever applies a multiplier to that score (I believe it's 1.05, 1.10, 1.15, and 1.20 for 2x, 3x, 4x, and 5x respectively). There's a multiplayer less than 1.00 for notes under 100% but I didn't memorize those values when I looked at a scoring explanation. If you're curious that info is out there.

The only thing I saw noted is that auto fever gives you extra points potentially because the note that triggers the fever to occur also adds it's button press towards the next fever bar. If you have it so you must hit a button to trigger fever then it doesn't add the last note's "value" to the fever meter requiring one extra note to fill the fever meter.

I don't know any other specifics as to why a perfect play doesn't net you a tie with the top scores. The only guess I've had is that on held notes there's a chance it may vary how many "notes" it counts when adding to the fever meter since the timing is a bit loose on when you first hit the button and when you release the button. Perhaps you get 10 segments added to the fever meter when you hold the button while someone else held longer and got 11 segments? And thus got their score a teeny bit higher than yours from triggering fever one note earlier? Simply guessing as I've not seen an explanation nor tested one.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK SQUARE DLC IS NEXT.

Also damn, you were much quicker with getting that song list. Yay for I want You & Supersonic.

& there's gonna be PSN avatars coming as well.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm at work so I'm having to subtly keep checking this with no sound on. I never played much Technika but the UI is fucking slick.

Like the past two DLCs, there will also be a new Respect track.

Sephiroth87

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know any other specifics as to why a perfect play doesn't net you a tie with the top scores.

Using auto-fever means you might no be using an optimal activation pattern, so for example in a song with a long break you might lose fever when using auto, but doing it manually you might end up saving it and keeping it through the break

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
..............oh, that's not the same SuperSonic I was thinking of. I was thinking of the one from Portable 3.

Though damn, I'm rather liking the previews I'm hearing. I wouldn't mind if we got this first. Especially since it'd make getting the 200m & 300m score more tolerable.

SON OF SUN GEAR & NOTES

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Son of Sun gear is pretty sweet. Just thinking what songs will be in the Black Square DLC - only a few spring to mind (Heart of Witch, Desperado, Rutin, PDM, their versions of Lover and Y, motherfucking READY NOW.), a lot of the ones I wanted are in this.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, I still need to unlock the SIN gear & notes

ALSO JESUS THEY'RE PLAYING SIN ON 6B ON MAXIMUM....but then failed near the end.

Probably can't watch the rest, I really need to go to bed.

OH GOD ONE OF THE DLC MISSIONS IS ANOTHER 100% RATE ONE AAAAHHHH

....one of the missions has "TB [Special] ??" listed. Is that the 10 button mode?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Props for them for thinking up of new ways to spice things up in the mission mode, even if it's just for one song or mission.

Would be NUTS if they did that for all the Technika songs, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is it just challenge specific or can i play this on normal mode.
Looks to be like 4B FX in the Clazziquai DLC - they jumped through the mission menu a bit and I think there's one TB song for each mission in the 2nd club.

The song was listed as '??' rather than random on the mission they completed, so I assume they only charted it like this for 6 songs rather than the whole pack.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
my Virgoo Fever arrived. I thought the turntables wouldn't be much of a problem considering, y'know, IIDX and Ez2DJ.

but 2 hours later this is me still

UXa86Yx.gif

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, damn. That Technika UI is slick. Love it.
my Virgoo Fever arrived. I thought the turntables wouldn't be much of a problem considering, y'know, IIDX and Ez2DJ.

but 2 hours later this is me still

UXa86Yx.gif
Man, the turntable fucks up my shit. My fingers keep slipping, or it gets stuck sometimes, and it ruins my combos. Still not used to it at all.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Any reason why many of you are choosing Virgoo's Fever over DJ Dao's EZMAX? I'm not stating DJ Dao is better, it's just that I have more experience with their hardware. I would like to know how much better or why the preference of one over the other. From pictures, I really like Virgoo's layout more than Dao's. However, Dao's turntables look better to me. The lighting on the Dao looks much better, too.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So if say a newbie wanted to get into this... is there any good place to uh learn about the inner workings of this game some of the terminology and stuff they used in the demo isnt' quite clear about what it does ect....

And there doesn't seem to be any tutorial at all or help section? (apologies if this has been asked before)

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
So if say a newbie wanted to get into this... is there any good place to uh learn about the inner workings of this game some of the terminology and stuff they used in the demo isnt' quite clear about what it does ect....

And there doesn't seem to be any tutorial at all or help section? (apologies if this has been asked before)

Not sure if it would help much, but here's the game manual from the official website:

http://www.djmaxrespect.com/manual.html

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed my PS4's fans were kicking more as I played more songs, almost like something's sitting in memory, and getting stacked upon with each song. Guessing that was the memory leak issue that's causing slowdown with extended play?

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Having issues with DJMax - bought the disc from HK, installed on JP account with no issues - game directs me to JP store to buy Clazziquai and Trilogy DLC, I buy and then can't seem to use....? Any ideas?

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I finally got the trophy for 70% mastery of 4B mode and after finishing a couple more Max Combos I think I'm done with 4B for now. I'm pretty sure I could get at least 10 more Max Combos but I have more fun in 5B and 6B typically so if I can finish the last 240ish Max Combos I need from those two modes (and maaaaybe some easy 8B) then I'll be satisfied. I'm getting close to 400,000 combo in Freestyle so still making decent progress there. But since so many songs have a low combo count in 4B and I was mostly working on going through getting all the max combos I think I'll finally start seeing this speed up towards 999,999 with these other modes.

I was pretty surprised to see I have 29 hours in the game as the last time I remember checking I had 11 hours and I thought I had checked more frequently. I was expecting like 16 or 17 hours at this point.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finishing up the few charts I have left to fully beat everything in 4B & oh god, when the charts are 12 & higher, my left thumb actually starts hurting from the sheer speed you have to hit notes, especially with the constantly changing combinations.

At the very least, I still manage As somehow, which for 13 or 14 star ratings on Maximum like BlythE & Binary World kind of amazes me I can still do that well. Hamsin being the hardest song (the only song that's rated a 15 out of 15 on 4B) is going to be a PAIN.

Kind of wanted to wait until there was DLC to continue grinding for the 200m & 300m scores, but might as well clean up the last remaining 4B charts just to say I've beaten them all.

Last edited:

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm finishing up the few charts I have left to fully beat everything in 4B & oh god, when the charts are 12 & higher, my left thumb actually starts hurting from the sheer speed you have to hit notes, especially with the constantly changing combinations.

At the very least, I still manage As somehow, which for 13 or 14 star ratings on Maximum like BlythE & Binary World. Hamsin being the hardest song (the only song that's rated a 15 out of 15) is going to be a PAIN.

Kind of wanted to wait until there was DLC to continue grinding for the 200m & 300m scores, but might as well clean up the last remaining 4B charts just to say I've beaten them all.
I was thinking about it but on 4B I find that 7 or 8 is about where I enjoy it the best, 9 I usually start to just get annoyed playing but can still Max Combo, and 10 is where I can sometimes Max Combo but usually by playing really shitty and mashing past a couple spots. I haven't bothered playing past 10. It simply isn't as fun for me usually when it goes up that high because often it feels like it's adding complexity that doesn't match the sound of the song and it just feels extremely random. At 7 and 8 it can still have tough patterns but they're more like actual patterns and not a mishmash of notes. Nightmare is a great 10 difficulty, though.

What's most frustrating are when I find something that's less than 9 or 10 that I can't Max Combo in one or two attempts. But usually they're tied to songs I don't enjoy listening to so if I tried twice and can't clear the combo I just move on and figure I'll go back if I need it for the 500. I think there's around 5-8 songs with 6-8 difficulty charts I simply skipped due to that.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, especially when you know it's just ONE part of the song that screws you over. Even worse when it's near the end so it's back to the beginning that you know you can do. But yeah, 7-9, maybe a few 10s & 11s seems to be the sweet spot of difficult, but still fun. 12 & over just feels like "hard for the sake of hard" most of the time.

I think the problem is that there's really no other way to make 4B hard aside from "throw as many notes with as many combinations as possible" where as you can at least make unique patterns in 5B & 6B, allowing your thumbs to actually move around instead of just staying hovering over two buttons each. But I think that's more the problem of "how do we make songs with only 4 buttons hard while still being fun?" Songs that let my thumbs move around instead of feeling like they need to stay in a certain position are the more fun ones.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Agreed, especially when you know it's just ONE part of the song that screws you over. Even worse when it's near the end so it's back to the beginning that you know you can do. But yeah, 7-9, maybe a few 10s & 11s seems to be the sweet spot of difficult, but still fun. 12 & over just feels like "hard for the sake of hard" most of the time.

I think the problem is that there's really no other way to make 4B hard aside from "throw as many notes with as many combinations as possible" where as you can at least make unique patterns in 5B & 6B, allowing your thumbs to actually move around instead of just staying hovering over two buttons each. But I think that's more the problem of "how do we make songs with only 4 buttons hard while still being fun?" Songs that let my thumbs move around instead of feeling like they need to stay in a certain position are the more fun ones.
Agreed, I think some of that is inherent to 4B mode since there's not much room for button spread complexity. Another reason I'm excited that I feel finished there and finally have moved on to 5B and 6B. I already know on those I can Max Combo up to 8 but I haven't tried harder stuff to see what's comfortable there. It always takes me a little bit to break the 4B groove as there's some clunkiness making that transition for me but I'll get back into it and start ramping it up. I do expect 10 will be where I'll hit my breaking point and unlikely won't complete any 11 or higher. It does depend on the song, though.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I just spent 3000 yen on this. This account system is baffling. Now I have to call Japan at midnight to get my DLC refunded and then have to buy even more credit for my (currently non-existant) HK account. Really pissed off.
yea it sucks, luckily theres a few games ive imported where having a HK account isn't a total waste like DMC4 Special Edtion, Super robot wars and now djmax. I'm waiting until they do 1 big dlc bundle when all the dlc is done before I buy any to simplify things.