OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
A permaban is extremely unusual here by Twitch standards. Something is up.
Maybe it's because of this? But it's not like his controversies are anything new. Curious too see if they make a statement on it seeing as it seems to now be permanent. I still feel like it might be DMCA related, and if so I'd be scared shitless if I was a full-time streamer, but my HOPE is it's because he's an asshole.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, this is weird with him just signing a new contract. Maybe facebook or youtube are going to back up some $?

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You'd have to think it was abuse with what has been happening this week, and it's one of the few things Twitch has perma'd people for.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the bathroom incident the reason for all the hate because I mean that seemed to be more of a lack of common sense than anything else.
I mean it's Era everyone here hates everybody. At least it seems that way lol.
Ha can't argue that.
kotaku.com

Dr Disrespect Calls Criticism Of His Mock Chinese Accent ‘Laughable'

Possibly the most popular streamer on Twitch, Dr Disrespect was called out yesterday by musician Jimmy Wong for acting racist based on a series of clips compiled by the latter in which Disrespect caricatures Chinese accents and language. During a recent stream, Disrespect fired back by saying...

No big deal since he has an asian wife and Era hates everyone though?

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
With the statement of Twitch permanently banning partners concerning sexual abuse it would fit

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
If you ask me, it sounds like the mass-Sponsor Pullout on Method has Twitch spooked of an incoming Adpocalypse and have started culling anyone who could get Advertisers to start pulling out on them.

DrD's viewcounts ain't shit if the big-ticket brands don't want their brand visible on the same site as him anymore.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When it comes to streaming's inside baseball, Slasher is extremely reliable.

Considering that Dr. Disrespect signed an exclusivity deal, it's wild to see Twitch throw the money down the drain. Something big must have happened (or it could be because everyone keeps bringing up his toilet ban).

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to guess he's broken some kind of contractual obligation. He's not been quiet about himself or others going to Facebook Gaming, Mixer, YouTube, etc etc. So I'm wondering if Twitch found out he was doing something with another company he was not supposed to do.

You don't get a perm for showing a boob or dick, or for saying horrible stuff on stream. And if those were the case, it'd be all over Reddit.
That would make sense. Violating his contract would be a surefire way to torch his presence on Twitch.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
When it comes to streaming's inside baseball, Slasher is extremely reliable.

Considering that Dr. Disrespect signed an exclusivity deal, it's wild to see Twitch throw the money down the drain. Something big must have happened (or it could be because everyone keeps bringing up his toilet ban).

That deal most likely has somekind morals clauses in it so if this ban is because of those offenses then Doc gets nothing.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Can't help but feel it might be sexual abuse related as Twitch just recently said they'd start perma banning people accused of sexual abused based on their own findings. Hopefully that's not the case and its indeed something like him violating his contract.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Something big must have happened if they decided he wasn't worth the revenue anymore.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not fair to go to harassment as the reason. Probably a contract dispute?

A couple of days ago on air, he was talking about mixer closing down and what twitch does next with Ninja etc.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
They let streamers get away with all sorts if they are too big. Maybe Mixer dying has made Twitch a bit more brave with their bans as they know he won't just rock up there. Still believe he'll be back sooner than later.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Good. I don't care what he's done.

He represents everything I hate about streamers and gaming influencers.

"Well it's not ME who's an asshole, that's just like my internet persona, bro!"

Status
Not open for further replies.