• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Congrats to those who were able to get the one-minute clear, but it seems like a lot of effort for an epithet that's just gonna get replaced with the next shiny new epithet in the upcoming weeks. Would've much preferred some rare items instead.
Haha, when I get really into a F2P game, I like to fully understand what new player resources are like. I wanted to see how handicapped someone was for this event if they were literally JUST starting the game as the event is coming to an end. While I doubt most will put the hours into this game like I do, it's gratifying to see that the endgame event content is still theoretically accessible to completely F2P players if they put in the time, which isn't always the case.

That's awesome and requires more patience and perseverance than I'm willing to give, that's for sure. :)

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
Yes, but keep in mind that you need around a level 45 tier 1 4* weapon to match a level 40 tier 2 3* on average.
I have one tier 3 3* at level 20, so I'm guessing I'll need to go to cap of tier 1 for that weapon at least...
I mean yes but you'll maaaaybe have enough materials on hand to get a single 4* Tier 2 weapon with no unbinds. It's a grind.
Funnily enough materials weren't my limiting factor because of the dailies, it was the rupie cost of crafting and enhancing that stopped me from kitting the whole team at first.
I do hope that my event gacha has helped me gathered the necessary materials... If not, what kind of quest should I grind for them? I have a 6.5k-7k water team(7k if I ditched the 3* healer for a 4* attacker), and a 6.8k mix elements team(just throwing my 2 5*(of opposing elements: fire and water) in the same team.

As for rupies, I'm barely staying above 120k by doing the rupies quest twice daily, is that good enough?

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
1.3k offense?
Not even my lvl 60 Maribelle has that much with Zephyr equipped

You need to have matching 4* elemental (t3) weapon.
If you equip correct element, there is a bonus 50% Offense.
Most 4* t3 at lvl 50 has base 300 Offense, so + the 50% bonus and your building bonus, easily extra 500 from weapon alone.
Zephyr gives 40% total Offense, which in total will be around 500 Offense.
Add in char base and mana circle, 1.5k+ Offense for 5* should be doable.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to host Special to be cute for my last time... and ended up 3 silver short. So I decided to try soloing Standard again. First time was kinda close but I messed up a lot. Switched to event print team instead of dragon prep, and...

am5bjM9_d.jpg
literally if I had not screwed up at any point, which I definitely did several times early on... why

guess I'll try actually doing it co-op... but at least I can guarantee a win that way...

why did I decide to waste this time...

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Now that the raid is winding down and I've beaten what there is of the main story so far and the overall game difficulty has reached the point where it requires actual awareness and finesse to survive properly...I think I might be just about done with the game. The teammate AI being so blatantly terrible makes trying to solo any of the high-level content a painful babysitting mission, I feel like the game almost over-rewards elemental advantage to the point that you're constantly better off just forming full elemental teams instead of making a diverse group anyway, and none of that matters when playing non-raid quests only really require you to have one relevant character built up anyway. I'm at that point where character progression has hit a huge slowdown and for the moment it feels far less fun to see how ridiculously much you have to put in just to receive fairly minor improvements. But with no idea when the story would receive any sort of continuation, let alone a conclusion, I feel like I no longer know what I'm really bothering with the grind for. Sure I can do more imperial onslaughts, but at the moment that just...makes it slightly easier to continue doing onslaughts. I feel like I finally broke through the candy coating and chocolate of my M&M only to find the peanut that's supposed to be inside is missing.

Also, go away 3.5k might Ezelith teams.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Now that the raid is winding down and I've beaten what there is of the main story so far and the overall game difficulty has reached the point where it requires actual awareness and finesse to survive properly...I think I might be just about done with the game. The teammate AI being so blatantly terrible makes trying to solo any of the high-level content a painful babysitting mission, I feel like the game almost over-rewards elemental advantage to the point that you're constantly better off just forming full elemental teams instead of making a diverse group anyway, and none of that matters when playing non-raid quests only really require you to have one relevant character built up anyway. I'm at that point where character progression has hit a huge slowdown and for the moment it feels far less fun to see how ridiculously much you have to put in just to receive fairly minor improvements. But with no idea when the story would receive any sort of continuation, let alone a conclusion, I feel like I no longer know what I'm really bothering with the grind for. Sure I can do more imperial onslaughts, but at the moment that just...makes it slightly easier to continue doing onslaughts. I feel like I finally broke through the candy coating and chocolate of my M&M only to find the peanut that's supposed to be inside is missing.

Also, go away 3.5k might Ezelith teams.

The music was and remains fun, I like the characters, their story was okay, but it's on them to fix their game and add things otherwise it will be iffy. Ai is just awful for anything difficult, but I don't mind picking favorite characters and cooping assuming we don't run out of wings and games don't take forever to find.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Now that the event's almost over, I'd say the raid is probably my favorite content in the game overall. I wouldn't have fully unbound Pele three times across three accounts if I didn't enjoy it. Being able to potentially beat the boss on EX without a single hit on any of my AI by memorizing boss patterns and utilizing i-frames was a fun experience, and something I still didn't perfect by the end despite constant practice. While the event definitely had flaws, I'm really looking forward to the next raid.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Picked up the 400 gold emblem testament and got the 5th Pele, yay! Honestly didn't expect to reach that far, but I found a few good teams to host Expert Raids a bunch of times in a row last few days.

Interested to see the next event.

I really like the gameplay. The iframes and telegraphing make it good.

I agree, it made the raid a pretty fun to fight, despite being mostly a damage sponge. Dodging the charge attacking with a special move was particularly awesome.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Ah jeez that ended up being a waste of a couple hours. Not only did the draw box refuse to cooperate and it didn't give me a single damn Pele today, but right around 30 minutes before the changeover everyone started freaking out and canceling out of the raid for any reason at all, and I could barely get any runs together and I ended up not even making it to 250 silver emblems.

But I'm sure there will be another shot at a 5* fire dragon in another event some time soon. So I'm not too concerned. Plus I'll probably draw better fire dragons soon enough anyway.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018

I mean there's always going to be a new event on the horizon.

And yeah, these sorts of games are always more about slow burn development.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And we have a conclusion to the event! Very nice, glad it didn't just end all of a sudden and that'll be it.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll actually get back to the story now. Especially since I'm on chapter 4 with the Light dragon before the Halloween event.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Now that the event's almost over, I'd say the raid is probably my favorite content in the game overall. I wouldn't have fully unbound Pele three times across three accounts if I didn't enjoy it. Being able to potentially beat the boss on EX without a single hit on any of my AI by memorizing boss patterns and utilizing i-frames was a fun experience, and something I still didn't perfect by the end despite constant practice. While the event definitely had flaws, I'm really looking forward to the next raid.
i obviously don't play enough, but what i don't understand is how you can find that many parties? matchmaking takes way too long for my tastes. how was it for you and what did you do in response?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
i obviously don't play enough, but what i don't understand is how you can find that many parties? matchmaking takes way too long for my tastes. how was it for you and what did you do in response?

I'm not the person you quoted and I can only speak for myself but no matter if I did the boss or raid I never had much trouble finding parties. If I joined a raid or boss I would have a party within 10 seconds and if I hosted one it was a 2-5 minute wait which I don't thought of as bad. But maybe I'm just used to MMOs where it can take anywhere from a minute to 40 minutes to find a group.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

I assume you are talking about hosting instead of getherwing joining. The main thing about hosting is that after that first game you win, if you keep the players on (saying "Yes" to playing with them again), you get put back in a lobby that has people joining immediately, even if all the original players leave. I'm not 100% on how this works, but this is a theory: basically, the hosting system runs on a first come, first serve basis, so when you make a lobby, you're at the back of the line. However, the system also gives priority to hosts who successfully completed a game and is keeping the same lobby going, possibly to ensure if only one person leaves, 3 people aren't waiting long compared to the single hosts in the line.

So I basically continually hosted, said yes every time at the end, and kept a winstreak going, which could drain all my stamina fairly quickly. Something you can do to make the initial wait better is create a room, then set it to private while you go do something else for a few minutes or so. Even though no one can join, you still keep your spot in the line, so when you open the room later, you're now closer to the front of the line for people to join you.

If you're talking about getherwings, I always found the wait time relatively short, so I had no big issues finding games.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I assume you are talking about hosting instead of getherwing joining. The main thing about hosting is that after that first game you win, if you keep the players on (saying "Yes" to playing with them again), you get put back in a lobby that has people joining immediately, even if all the original players leave. I'm not 100% on how this works, but this is a theory: basically, the hosting system runs on a first come, first serve basis, so when you make a lobby, you're at the back of the line. However, the system also gives priority to hosts who successfully completed a game and is keeping the same lobby going, possibly to ensure if only one person leaves, 3 people aren't waiting long compared to the single hosts in the line.

So I basically continually hosted, said yes every time at the end, and kept a winstreak going, which could drain all my stamina fairly quickly. Something you can do to make the initial wait better is create a room, then set it to private while you go do something else for a few minutes or so. Even though no one can join, you still keep your spot in the system, so when you open the room later, you're now closer to the front of the line for people to join you.

If you're talking about getherwings, I always found the wait time relatively short, so I had no big issues finding games.

That's interesting and good to know, it would make sense like this, thanks for the explanation!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Need the new banner asap....I've pulled Leviathan early on but for some reason I wanna try again for Lily.

Damn.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
i thought the same thing. so it does sound like me not playing enough

One thing that's easy to overlook is that the game definitely has some sort of separate matchmaking queue for hosts and joins.
- When you host, you're put in a queue until everyone hosting prior has had people fill up the room (and the assumption is people leaving said hosts puts them back in a same-priority pool as completing a quest and rehosting).
- When you join, you're put in a queue until everyone prior joining has been assigned to a room.

Thus, since different resources are used for joining vs hosting and there's an overarching ecosystem that can and has suffered severe imbalances between the two, queues for one can massively dwarf the other. At the height of the wing drought hosting took forever and queueing was instantaneous, because no one had wings. When Cygames dished out 30 balms each, the reverse happened for a short while as people dumped surplus - hosting was an instant-fill and joining took a while.

At least for Specials. No one wanted to queue to join Experts if they could help it because of the poor return vs joining Specials.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I have the same issue but in reverse, I got Lily early and itch for Leviathan.
Hah...that's how they get you .if you have the Dragon you want the perfect unit for it's and the other way around as well.

But then I remembered that we will always be abla to pull Lily and Leviathan....while those Halloween Units will be time limited and probably not be back for a while after this event.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Hah...that's how they get you .if you have the Dragon you want the perfect unit for it's and the other way around as well.

But then I remembered that we will always be abla to pull Lily and Leviathan....while those Halloween Units will be time limited and probably not be back for a while after this event.

You are right in both points yeah, we have to stay strong :P I actually think I might skip Halloween even depending on how good or bad the units are, Halloween was never my thing and I feel more towards Christmas units. Then again these tend to look out of place most of the year...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You are right in both points yeah, we have to stay strong :P I actually think I might skip Halloween even depending on how good or bad the units are, Halloween was never my thing and I feel more towards Christmas units. Then again these tend to look out of place most of the year...
Do you already have strong Light units ? Not the biggest Halloween fan either but the uniys just seem to good to pass on...especially if you lack top tier healers.

There will be plenty of time to until Christmas to charge up the ressources again.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I got Lily early on in the banner event. I also got Poseidon just before the banner event, so I don't have that much of a need for a 5* water dragon.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Do you already have strong Light units ? Not the biggest Halloween fan either but the uniys just seem to good to pass on...especially if you lack top tier healers.

There will be plenty of time to until Christmas to charge up the ressources again.

Ugh from that point of view you are right I have to pull, I mean my only Light Unit is Luca and have no >= 4* healers at all besides Cleo so yeah I guess I will pull, hope I get something good early and then save for Christmas.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh from that point of view you are right I have to pull, I mean my only Light Unit is Luca and have no >= 4* healers at all besides Cleo so yeah I guess I will pull, hope I get something good early and then save for Christmas.
Thats what im gonna do as well...hope to get lucky early on and then save up for the next good banner/Christmas.

Getting the strongest Meta damage dealers wont likely be possible for me, but if you have a solid Healer you can be helpful on most teams so its easier get Coop action going.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
my problem with the healers is that after ricardt most of the 3* healers seem lacking to invest in them >_<

i have 2 3* light healers (hope & Estelle), ricardt for water, aurien for fire, sophie for wind, and cloe and edward for dark

other than that, 3 light archers and amane... i have plenty of light ranged characters, but i feel like usually i need a melee to open the way playing solo >_<

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Thats what im gonna do as well...hope to get lucky early on and then save up for the next good banner/Christmas.

Getting the strongest Meta damage dealers wont likely be possible for me, but if you have a solid Healer you can be helpful on most teams so its easier get Coop action going.

Yeah that's true, I see it the same especially since people will want to get the "Nobody dies" rewards too.

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Alright, little nit-picky thing that I don't like. The button in the crafting menu when you don't have sufficient materials says "Confirmation", which I'm sure is being translated from kakunin. Confirmation isn't a verb, making it a weird choice for a button, and it's just a long word that looks bad. It could be "View", "Check", or even "Confirm", but I don't like "Confirmation".

Anyways! I've hit the mana deficiency wall. Trying to finish the last mana circle for Julietta, but it looks like it's going to take a while...

Dogo Mojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw the game had to update so I got excited....logged in and water banner is still up -_- .

I got gems to spend dammit. I want my waifus!

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
That's because the game isn't available in your country. It got a fairly limited release (US, Japan, Taiwan, HK, Macau) so you will have to download the apk if you want to play.
so i downloaded the APK and was trying to re-roll for a 5*. seems like now after my 5th roll I don't get the free 10 summon ticket?
was that only for the event that just ended?

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I played one final raid just before the event ended, and managed to get accepted into a Special raid for the first time, where two 10k+ characters and a 9k carried my wimpy 7.2k water team to victory (only one of my team survived to the end). Only afterwards did I realise you got a single twinkling sand just for finishing that difficulty. Regretted not being able to play enough this past week to get enough gold medals for one, so now I don't feel quite so bad!

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Two quick questions, if anyone can answer:

1. What to do now with the 4* wyrmprints from the event (Paladyn Defender)? I ended up with 8 of them, so I can max unbind one, and have a few to sell for eldwater maybe? Do these become useful again in the future if the boss reappears in an event?

2. Is it worth it in general to dismantle 3* crafted weapons? I'm working on 4* weapons now, and not sure if I should dismantle or just consume them for experience.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I just saw that there was another free 300 wyrmite for... something.

I can't see anything about it in the news feed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.