• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't done dark IO cause I don't need to at the moment, but Light is the most annoying and the only one I spend wings on instead of stamina. Did enough water IO to get the upcoming high mercury print and now I'm done with water IO for the rest of the event duration. Gonna concentrate the rest of my efforts on just wind and fire IO, with wings used only on light.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
4/5 elements done but I got really distracted by a frustrating thing in Sekiro, so I have all 3k-ish stamina of light IO to go, welp.

at least it's reasonably consistent... I just need to very much stay on top of it tomorrow night in addition to some now

EDIT:

Oh, this is my current setup for light IO, fwiw.

Pmxru2R.png

Bleed still lands even if they're blinded
. Obviously you can see the might and know I'm a little stacked, but that's the key here, just having those 2 survive, with Kleimann just being a bit of insurance. And 2 bleed units is enough to get the full 3 bleed stacks, so it's not like you need Ieyasu or anything either to get the full benefit.

Kills with about 2 minutes left usually. Sazanka usually comes close to death but the recovery + her using skills lets her hang on even if Verica gets tied up for a bit before she can heal properly. Might do more skill prep or haste on Verica to see if that makes it even smoother, but I have many runs ahead of me and it hasn't failed since I first added the extra prints tonight, so if it doesn't fail a notable amount I'm not gonna fiddle with it.

Last edited:

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pulled Laranoa via daily pull today. I'm happy I got her, but i've nowhere to put her in my party, so i'll have to figure out what to do with her lol.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on Era win the Twitter Dragon campaign? I used the Eldwater from the campaign to get my Xainfried to 50MC.

I still need to use the rest of my salts today for co-op Master IO. I'm close to having enough material stored up to get all my Dojos to lvl 16; a 4T3 Wind Blade for Musashi set me back a bit yesterday.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
They've not slid into my DMs yet, but the rules said it'd be tomorrow that they do it and it looks like their Twitter's saying "the middle of April", so here's hoping.

Got 1k of the 3k stamina for light done yesterday. And almost all of that was without thinking to slap The Greatest Gift on Kleimann. And similarly for the almost 1k of fire, which is so consistent that it'd have been no problem... At least I had it for azure and jade (almost 1.5k combined), and violet (500) is shaky enough to want all good prints there to be safe. And I'll have it for the rest of light.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Anyone on Era win the Twitter Dragon campaign? I used the Eldwater from the campaign to get my Xainfried to 50MC.

I still need to use the rest of my salts today for co-op Master IO. I'm close to having enough material stored up to get all my Dojos to lvl 16; a 4T3 Wind Blade for Musashi set me back a bit yesterday.
I don't believe they have selected the winners yet, most recent tweet from 7 hours ago says "after the middle of april" whatever that means

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017

I saw on twitter today that the campaign winners will be notified "after the middle of April", which will come from the official twitter accounts. Good luck to all who entered, and may the (nigh-impossible) odds always be in your favor! Would be great to have someone from Era as a winner.

Edit: Dang, beaten twice! Suppose it's what I get for double checking the wording on twitter.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that you got an extra quality honey from the endeavours today, and that it should burn too

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got myself a 5T3 axe for Ranzal on my F2P alt with my IO grinding, because I need to use these Twinkling Sands at some point and I'm STILL at 21 after making it. I'd make more, but I'm missing the material that lance/bow/dagger share, since of the welfare adventurers, Botan/Elisanne/Su Fang/Melsa/Luca/Elias all need that, and I made a 5T3 lance for Botan not too long ago.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So what are everyone's 5 star weapons so far?

I've managed to get (all MUB unless otherwise noted)...

5.3: Caduceus
5.2: Hauteclaire, Souleater, Treasure of the Iron Rose, Executioner Axe Strafe, Compass Needle, Accelerator, 2x Welkin Wand
Void: Rise and Fall
Shop: Hanetsuki Paddle

And some random 5.1 drops from Challenges and the like.
I'm trying to make a Twilight Shimmer for Lucretia, but I still need 2 more Twinkling Sands.

I prioritized neutral 5.2s with the best stats/skills (at least what I assumed were the best) before my first 5.3.
Since I primarily play as Healers, this hasn't been a big deal.
I'm building Twilight Shimmer since I don't have regular Hildegarde.

I was initially building Crimson Shade, but I thought I could get Ieyasu, so I dismantled and went to Souleater.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I made 5 star weapons for Lin You and Xander not long ago and used the bonus to farm up enough water insignias again for the High Mercury print. That makes 3 elemental weapons for the regular triangle. Next up is the light lance but I'm all out of Crimson Cores, hundreds of tablets but no cores. Why aren't they more plentiful? RIP

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I have 5.3

Swords: Fire, Water, Light
Katana: Fire, Dark
Wands : Water
Axe: Wind
Spear: Light

Working on potential wind/dark dagger or wind katana depending on what units we get next.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I've made three 5* elemental weapons from the traditional tree (sorry, don't know the weapon names off the top of my head), all in the past week or so, since this current event started anyway. I have been playing since the launch, but have just been saving up for some reason. I think the double drop events just encouraged me to grind the right materials I needed to push my 5.2.4 weapons over the mark.

5.3.0 Water Wand (for Lily)
5.3.0 Fire Bow (for Gala Sarisse)
5.3.0 Light Staff (for Hildegarde, and yeah, I know it's not great, but the void one doesn't suit her kit, and she deserves it for all the work she puts in. Plus, it just suits her in design so well!)

In addition to that, I have made quite a few void 5* weapons, which I started making as soon as I had enough Zephyr runes (all of which are at 0ub as well):

Light Staff (now it belongs to Vixel when he's sometimes on a team with Hilde)
Light Sword (for Odetta)
Wind Staff (for Lowen)
Wind Sword (for Gala Ranzal Ku Hai *sigh*)
Wind Blade (for Musashi and Addis)

Still have 11 Twinkling Sands and 2 Zephyr Runes as well, just currently building up some replacements for my 5.2.4 weapons which were made to 5.3.0. Might unbind and dismantle for materials in the future, but not in a hurry right now. They are fine and strong enough at 0ub, even the void ones. Really hoping for solid new 5* weapons with the Void Agni content next week, and maybe more when the "big update" comes.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I haven't even managed to get into the 5.x tree yet since I just returned from a long break. Been using single and dailies trying for the wyrmprint since I have two bow users. Was at 5.5% today so decided to use a 10 ticket and still nothing. Another 10 and I see the rainbow orb. A single and it drops axe. I expected fully a dupe since I have Jul and Curren pops out. That works extremely well since Nef was my only 5* dark unit. Finished the event today too for the first time getting all the points which felt great.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've got quite a few 5.2 weapons since they are only slightly lower might than a 0ub 4* elemental weapon and usually have better skills.
Bonus in that they aren't tied to an element so can be used by multiple characters

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i only have one traditional 5.3 (fire sword for Euden), but i made void staffs for Vixel and Lowen, and also the water slayer daggers for this event.
but also have plenty 4* elemental weapons, void or traditional, which in the end i find that they work even better than 5.2MUB weapons most of the time

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Only 5.3.0 is Sinoa's wand.

5.2.0s for sword/bow/lance/axe/blade/dagger. Extra 5.2.0 sword from the past couple days, cause I got 5 5.1 sword drops and use Albert + Odetta for dark IO farming, so Odetta could benefit from that for a bit till I just unbind the first one with it soon. Wand is 5.2.1. No normal 5* staff because it's covered by other things.

Void-wise, Vixel has 0UB staff. Lowen's staff is unmade pending confirmation of definitely being solid for High Merc (I have ~2/3 of materials currently, need only 2 more runes but around 100 more feathers); if it's solid, I'll get that and it will be MUB. If not, he'll get a normal 5.3.0, and Vixel's staff will probably be MUB instead because why the hell not.

Debating upgrading various weapons to 5.2.4 and using ingots to get 3 5.3.0 swords. But no rush, really.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
im trying to decide which IO to invest into right now... i have enough insignias for the prints for HMS/ HBH/ HMC. and also 200 for each element to make 1 5* weapon from each. and a surplus of normal insignias for the dojos... maybe i should try to get more for 4* weapons..

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, fell well short of my 500 goal.
Only at like 150 outside of Azure.

The 200 Amber I have is getting thrown away as soon as I get a Twinkling Sand.
At least I got 30 Staff dojos.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I have almost 7500 wyrmite and 2 summon tickets so I'm really itching to pull on something right now. Hoping the next banner is good

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...y'know. I kept farming past the quota I set for light IO, seeing if I could get closer to 30/30, at least 28/28. And I'm indeed gonna be able to hit 28/28.

But what I should have thought through is that idea about using a couple ingots on a 5.3 sword to cover my 5*. Cause... if I used light as the starting element, I've now decently overshot 30/30 with what +400 amber royals (I'm already accounting for making a light 5.3) would get me, whoops.

Guess I could just do it with fire/vermillion, and focus on sword dojos, which would be fitting. So there's that, at least. And then just continue to farm amber normally for a while more, going forward...

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i was checking the weapon tree to see if we have weapons for void agni...and somehow i totally forgot that we already had bows, daggers and wands against the fire golem that we could use XDDD we should have it easier then

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really know how damage reduction works in this game (and my maths is terrible)

If my Mikoto has:
Prometheus (15% Wind Res)
MUB Glorious Tempest (5% Wind Res + 25% High Midgar res)
That should mean he takes 45% reduced damage from High Midgar right? Or are there calculations involved that I'm missing?

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know how damage reduction works in this game (and my maths is terrible)

If my Mikoto has:
Prometheus (15% Wind Res)
MUB Glorious Tempest (5% Wind Res + 25% High Midgar res)
That should mean he takes 45% reduced damage from High Midgar right? Or are there calculations involved that I'm missing?
reduced by 40% since generally same type stacks additively, different is multiplicative
1-(0.75*0.8)=0.4

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
i was checking the weapon tree to see if we have weapons for void agni...and somehow i totally forgot that we already had bows, daggers and wands against the fire golem that we could use XDDD we should have it easier then

Oh, right...

I'm already sick of seeing my dark team auto, but maybe I should have them auto shroom a bit more to get Orsem's dagger to T3 (only 2UB away) at least. I would probably rather use Lily - actually, I'd probably rather use Xander - but I don't know if she'll need the weapon if he's like Zephyr, or if Xander will get one. At least I can dismantle the bow I made for Hermit, after dismantling a lance for steel golem, to get one of those UB for free... so it should be fairly quick to do, at least, hmm.

...and I still need to spend time farming Zephyr tomorrow, anyway, so I'll probably only fight Agni a couple times for now anyway

EDIT:

Ah, wait, I had exactly 7 shrooms left so I'm totally good to go.

...probably shouldn't have made both those v3.2.0s already and waited to see if Xander gets a sword before I went for it, but I haven't had my coffee yet. I guess worst case that's, like, not any more than ~20-30k extra rupies lost to make + dismantle though, and I'm not super concerned about that. So I'll just have this v3.2.4 dagger and wait to see if it's time to enhance or dismantle tomorrow, hmm.

Last edited:

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Thanks to the big blast of Eldwater we got from the retweet campaign, I now have a 50 MC in every element, woohoo!

Lily, V. Hildegarde, H. Elisanne, Lin You, and Ieyasu. My little dream squad.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait for the next banner. My water team is hella solid. Xander, Lily, Laranoa, Thaniel... Really need to work on the other teams...especially the wind team....especially the wind one...

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Oh, right...

I'm already sick of seeing my dark team auto, but maybe I should have them auto shroom a bit more to get Orsem's dagger to T3 (only 2UB away) at least. I would probably rather use Lily - actually, I'd probably rather use Xander - but I don't know if she'll need the weapon if he's like Zephyr, or if Xander will get one. At least I can dismantle the bow I made for Hermit, after dismantling a lance for steel golem, to get one of those UB for free... so it should be fairly quick to do, at least, hmm.

...and I still need to spend time farming Zephyr tomorrow, anyway, so I'll probably only fight Agni a couple times for now anyway

EDIT:

Ah, wait, I had exactly 7 shrooms left so I'm totally good to go.

...probably shouldn't have made both those v3.2.0s already and waited to see if Xander gets a sword before I went for it, but I haven't had my coffee yet. I guess worst case that's, like, not any more than ~20-30k extra rupies lost to make + dismantle though, and I'm not super concerned about that. So I'll just have this v3.2.4 dagger and wait to see if it's time to enhance or dismantle tomorrow, hmm.
probably is more Luther/X.Cleo than Orsem if Void Zephir shows us something, the void big bosses seem to have the IO resistances instead of their dragons "counterparts". At least with the actual void weapons they try to focus on the more useful characters for HighDragons (lance/dagger/wand in this case)

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the big blast of Eldwater we got from the retweet campaign, I now have a 50 MC in every element, woohoo!

Lily, V. Hildegarde, H. Elisanne, Lin You, and Ieyasu. My little dream squad.
Probably should've 50'd different weapon types, but I used it on like 4 Healers, including Ricardt, Lowen, and Verica, so that's almost another character I missed out on just pumping them up.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
probably is more Luther/X.Cleo than Orsem if Void Zephir shows us something, the void big bosses seem to have the IO resistances instead of their dragons "counterparts". At least with the actual void weapons they try to focus on the more useful characters for HighDragons (lance/dagger/wand in this case)

Oh, see I like Orsem more because I actively used him way back in the past (and so was using him for my auto team back when I farmed steel golem), but I did put Luther on my IO team when I eventually got him, 40 mana and all.

So I'm set with a dagger either way, I just have no attachment to Luther so I was still thinking of Orsem first, hah. (On that note, I really do have to get back to reading adventurer stories...)

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Used a 10x voucher, only to get another copy of Forest Bonds, and my pity rates back to 4%

Wyrmprints are my bane

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The weapon focused 5* prints are all pretty great, at least.

I'm not happy that most of my gala 5*s were prints, but I can appreciate getting the axe one out of it.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Still debating whether I should buy the welcome pack or one of the $20 dollar packs to get my 1500 currency for the dream summon. I only have 5 of the possible 5 stars from the pool so the odds aren't bad that I get a new character but the last time I got free ticket I ended up with a dupe verica Ezelith. It's just 5 dollars but the struggle is real.

Last edited:

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Still debating whether I should buy the welcome pack or one of the $20 dollar packs to get my 1500 currency for the dream summon. I only have 5 of the possible 5 stars from the pool so the odds aren't bad that I get a new character but the last time I got free ticket I ended up with a dupe verica. It's just 5 dollars but the struggle is real.
(but... verica isnt a 5* >__>)

anyway dream summon is great in theory... but only if there is something you REALLY want. they will all come to us (eventually) :P

Last edited:

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I also don't have Verica, but I have Valentines Hildegarde now so I'm not that fussed about her now

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Still debating whether I should buy the welcome pack or one of the $20 dollar packs to get my 1500 currency for the dream summon. I only have 5 of the possible 5 stars from the pool so the odds aren't bad that I get a new character but the last time I got free ticket I ended up with a dupe verica Ezelith. It's just 5 dollars but the struggle is real.
Could always buy it and just hold onto the ticket until they increase the pool again.

Status
Not open for further replies.