• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game seems fun but... the roster is so weak compared to...
iu
Imagine if Tenkaichi was still ongoing. We'd probably have over 400 characters!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
As I said in the other thread. That's actually...about what I expect for Season 1. You've got the "absolutely will be in S1" characters like Broly and Bardock, you've got the "disappointment" characters like Base Goku and Base Vegeta, you've got the "ok let's finish the Black Arc off" characters like Merged Zamasu and SSB Vegetto and then finally you've got the "ok let's give ya what you want" characters like Cooler and DBS Android 17.

Makes sense. If this is what we get then I'm not complaining. Everything lines up to what most of us have been predicting.
This post pretty much nails it.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Broly and Cooler? Ew

More Goku & Vegeta? Disappointing but accurate for the franchise

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Game seems fun but... the roster is so weak compared to...
iu
Character diversity >>>>> Roster count imo

It's a quality vs quantity argument. Sure BT has more, but tell me how many characters have the generic Full Volley or generic Beam attack. And even basic attack strings are mostly the same.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
If Base Goku and Vegeta are modeled after the Saiyan Saga then hell yeah.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
No other females, really? Everything minus another Goku and Vegeta are cool though.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all knew we wouldn't get the saiyan girls don't kid yourselves.

Janemba would be rad as hell though.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
All the love for Roshi in this thread warms my three hundred year old, lecherous heart.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait what happened to the other list with fucking Janemba and Kid Goku in it?
No one knows. Sergio (this second leaker) says he thinks it's fake but doesn't know for sure.

It's wlso important to note that he says these are just new Lobby characters so they may not even be playable dlc.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
No one knows. Sergio (this second leaker) says he thinks it's fake but doesn't know for sure.

It's wlso important to note that he says these are just new Lobby characters so they may not even be playable dlc.
As I mentioned already, new playable characters need lobby avatars to go with them. And the lack of Base Goku & Vegeta in the game already are glaring omissions.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2's where more ToP characters like Jiren, Caulifla, Kale, Kefla and Toppo will shine. Lets just be real, Jiren wasn't gonna be in Season 1 regardless. No matter how he's "the new hotness" and no matter how "he's so popular right now they gotta do it", it wasn't gonna happen. He's prime for Season 2 and/or a sequel next year depending on what they wanna do. I mean this makes sense. I don't know if it's accurate but most of us have been saying it. The DLC has to have some disappointments and even though Base Goku and Base Vegeta will be fun to play, they're clearly the "disappointments" from that standpoint.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I guess I'll accept these but for the second season I need SSJ4 Goku

If GT got excluded this time around, then I definitely see it getting shafted for a theoretical 2nd season, because then they'd have little excuse to ignore the prominent ToP characters: Caulifla, Kale, Kafla, Cabba, Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, UI Goku, Ribrianne, Roshi (maybe), and whatever Vegeta just got. Then you include the possibility of Janemba or something and yea, not looking good.

Anyways... I feel that they'd sooner use SSJ4 Gogeta if anything.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Most of the other viable ladies besides 18 were introduced recently. We'll probably see the likes of Kefla & Ribrianne next season.

I get that, just that another Goku and Vegeta weren't necessary. Especially with Bardock and Vegito as well. It's overkil, but I it saves me money on having to buy a season pass. Just going to buy 17.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As I mentioned already, new playable characters need lobby avatars to go with them. And the lack of Base Goku & Vegeta in the game already are glaring omissions.
That's obviously true but there's nothing stopping them from adding Lobby characters that aren't playable ala Mr. Satan.

Playable characters need Lobby characters but the inverse isn't true.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
IF ACCURATE, half the list is expected but boring. The other half is unexpected but also boring. Obviously it matters how they play, etc. but yeah not really a list that gets me excited :/

So is the lack of a Base Gotenks avatar. That still sticks out to me as weird. It's why I'm hesitant to jump to "avatar = character" assumption.

Farsi

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow that list sucks. I really hope it's not legit.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So is the lack of a Base Gotenks avatar. That still sticks out to me as weird. It's why I'm hesitant to jump to "avatar = character" assumption.
Fair enough, only time will tell at this point.

I get that, just that another Goku and Vegeta weren't necessary. Especially with Bardock and Vegito as well. It's overkil, but I it saves me money on having to buy a season pass. Just going to buy 17.
I 100% agree on the Base Saiyans, they aren't necessary at all. But them aside, this list covers most of the major bases besides another female fighter (which I feel S2 will make up for).

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not mad at base Goku and Vegeta. How are you going to have a DB game without spirit bomb and great ape form? It doesn't seem right.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way in the world they are not realeasing Jiren and Goku Ultra Instinct. They are mountains of money for granted.
I mean that's why they'd be in a season 2 or a sequel. Broly and Bardock sell season 1's dlc alone, you gotta spread out the contents rather than throwing it all in 1 dlc packet.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Theres no logic in adding Cooler before Janemba if they're gonna add movie characters aside from broly

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Eh I only mentioned him cuz of Zangya. Feel free to discard him and replace him with someone else like Master Roshi, Mercenary Tao, Kid Goku, Overlord Picollo, DB Chi Chi or Mr. Satan, or whoever @_@

Nah, it's fine. I guess it isn't a realistic list unless there's one goofy pick.