• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I still remember the times when Goku and Vegeta Jr where among the most requested characters :p

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope we get SSJ4 Goku. I know we have a ton of Goku's already, but his look is pretty distinctive from the rest. Hell, I'll take Xeno Goku. I have always wanted SSJ4 in a 2D style game like FighterZ.

tumblr_pb7zhcXsfT1wyh2j4o1_r1_500.gif

507090c73742e6616a67e799207e7916.gif

I also want Super Broly, but him in "base" form. Looks way cooler and set him further apart visually from Z Broly.

Dragon-Ball-Super-Broly-TRAILER.mp4_snapshot_00.28_2018.08.19_02.33.42-660x330.jpg

bvtb5zxuvacrm85slxde.gif

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope we get SSJ4 Goku. I know we have a ton of Goku's already, but his look is pretty distinctive from the rest. Hell, I'll take Xeno Goku. I have always wanted SSJ4 in a 2D style game like FighterZ.

tumblr_pb7zhcXsfT1wyh2j4o1_r1_500.gif

507090c73742e6616a67e799207e7916.gif

I also want Super Broly, but him in "base" form. Looks way cooler and set him further apart visually from Z Broly.

Dragon-Ball-Super-Broly-TRAILER.mp4_snapshot_00.28_2018.08.19_02.33.42-660x330.jpg

bvtb5zxuvacrm85slxde.gif
Xeno Goku is the best Goku design. I wish they'd use it for Super 2.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
So ruin the game then?

Xenoverse needs to remain an arena fighter, not just be a carbon copy of FighterZ/Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Injustice.

Maybe to you, but the combat isnt just bad, it's garbage IMO. The dressing around the game I admire even though it was repetitive but the combat leaves to be desired.

I hated when they switched from the budokai games to thé Tenkiachi ones. When that switch happened all of my friends and I dropped the series like a bad habit.

I'll see the Xenoverse games do a better job of having each character's feel a bit more unique than the Tenkiachi games ever did but it's still a bad fighting engine. It's a rinse and repeat of low impact attacks and dashes. Dont get me wrong I put a ton of hours into the first Xenoverse but even then i never truly liked the combat.

My dream scenario is the open world of Budokai 3 with the trappings and missions of Xenoverse and the combat of Burst Limit. As much as I like FighterZ it is a much more technical game than im comfortable with. But if they managed a game like my dream game, I would be in DBZ heaven.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Another hype tweet, saying we'll get a "WORLD PREMIER". Assuming the plurals in the last tweet weren't a mistake then I guess one announcement is bigger than the others, which I would guess would be a new game.

Also they reemphasized that the news will be "BIG".

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
After the JF stream, but heart can't handle another disappointment.

Please announce season 2 :)
The only time the XV2 producer has been brought on to a US stream was to announce more XV2 DLC, so I have to imagine with both him and the FighterZ producer being on along with interviews with them that we have to be getting both FighterZ and XV news, even if both end up just being DLC.

OP
OP
Araujo

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
1 world premiere and other annoucements with Bandai Nanco on the roll on twitter just reinforces the idea... Xenoverse 3 and new Season pass for DBFZ is coming.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Why announce Xenoverse 3 on a random US stream instead of Jump Fiesta, E3, PAX or some other major event?

I could see it happening, but I still think that's aiming a bit too high. I'm guessing Season 2 DLC for FighterZ and more characters for Xenoverse 2. I think the world premiere is a character trailer for FighterZ.

OP
OP
Araujo

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Are there any other rumors/ leaks about xenoverse 3?

New graphic/ fighting engine?

More likely a change to UE4, and hopefully some updates to animations and systems.

If i had to venture a guess i would say they would use the gimmick of fusions and transformations as a selling point this time since Transformations have always been a weak point on xenoverse titles and playing around with fusions could open up the gameplay.

Like... "fuse your OC's into new more powerful characters, or fuse your OC with any Dragonball hero to make a super powerful hero mixing up skills and abilities" as a revamp of the Masters system.

Stuff like that i could see working as a selling point.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Why announce Xenoverse 3 on a random US stream instead of Jump Fiesta, E3, PAX or some other major event?

I could see it happening, but I still think that's aiming a bit too high. I'm guessing Season 2 DLC for FighterZ and more characters for Xenoverse 2. I think the world premiere is a character trailer for FighterZ.
XV1 was randomly announced in V-Jump Magazine and XV2 was announced online and not at any event.
More likely a change to UE4, and hopefully some updates to animations and systems.

If i had to venture a guess i would say they would use the gimmick of fusions and transformations as a selling point this time since Transformations have always been a weak point on xenoverse titles and playing around with fusions could open up the gameplay.

Like... "fuse your OC's into new more powerful characters, or fuse your OC with any Dragonball hero to make a super powerful hero mixing up skills and abilities" as a revamp of the Masters system.

Stuff like that i could see working as a selling point.
Why would they switch to UE4? They are using a proprietary engine, not Unreal, so switching to Unreal 4 would mean having to redo a lot of things.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a while. Did the issues with streaming DBFZ get resolved? Hard to get hyped about new DBFZ content if the game has pretty much been forcibly put out to competitive pasture.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
XV1 was randomly announced in V-Jump Magazine and XV2 was announced online and not at any event.

Why would they switch to UE4? They are using a proprietary engine, not Unreal, so switching to Unreal 4 would mean having to redo a lot of things.

V-Jump is Japanese. Was the only event Japanese or US-based?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
V-Jump is Japanese. Was the only event Japanese or US-based?
XV2 was not announced at an event, it was announced online, globally.
Dragon Ball console games are made with the west in mind now, not Japan. This is why XV2 had a big presence at E3 the year it was announced and FighterZ was announced at E3 and why Bandai US is always the ones to show off live gameplay for the first time for XV2 and FighterZ characters in their live streams.
Hell, the franchise in general has had more of a global focus recently, the first Broly movie teaser and first two full trailers came out in the US first.
Any new announcements from this stream will likely be announced right after in Japan and then be in this month's V-Jump.

Last edited:

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Tbh i find it difficult to stick too long with a fighting game, I usually drop them after a month.

I got into DB FighterZ HARD during january 2018 but I find it difficult to think of something that will pull me back in. Even Android 17 didnt manage that.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh i find it difficult to stick too long with a fighting game, I usually drop them after a month.

I got into DB FighterZ HARD during january 2018 but I find it difficult to think of something that will pull me back in. Even Android 17 didnt manage that.
I'm generally the same, although I jump back into it here and there.

It's why I'm hoping we get a Xenoverse 3 (or some other new non-fighting game!) out of this more than FighterZ dlc!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The only other goku we need is Kid Goku

tumblr_no6jy2FKlw1uu9j0xo1_500.gif

I hope we get Roshi for S2.
Agreed, although I feel like we've reached the limit on versions of existing characters outside of kid Goku/ssj4 as a curveball

As for likely characters Roshi is an obvious one. Although oddly enough I feel Top is just as likely as Jiren as the former actually had a lot of screen time and could have god of destruction berserker tech
A female Saiyan for sure(I'm not getting into that arguement)
Put me on the we still need a true joke character train, and I feel either Hercule or Pilaf in a robot would fit the bill(or Cyborg Taopaipai)
Also perhaps great Sayaiwomen/videl with Great Saiyaman assist?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The only other goku we need is Kid Goku

tumblr_no6jy2FKlw1uu9j0xo1_500.gif

I hope we get Roshi for S2.
I definitely agree. Kid Goku and Roshi are my most-wanted characters for Season 2. Tao Pai Pai would also be great, but I can't see them making 3/8 character original DB reps (unless they use ToP Roshi and have Kid Goku/Tao as one of the four packs).

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I agree.

IMO I don't see Gogeta, Nu Broly, Kefla, UI Goku, and Jiren not being next up. If they aren't, I would be surprised
Ehhh, UI Goku would make sense as a cinematic finish against Jiren as SSJB however it makes no sense as and I doubt we will see it as a standalone character. Every version of goku in the game can be achieved by Goku through normal means

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, UI Goku would make sense as a cinematic finish against Jiren as SSJB however it makes no sense as and I doubt we will see it as a standalone character. Every version of goku in the game can be achieved by Goku through normal means

Whatever you want to hope for sure

But I honestly see them doing it

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is what I'm thinking with the addition of Janemba, SSJ4 Goku, and a GT villain (either Baby or Omega Shenron).

Would be good

Though I half expect them to wait for GT in the sequel where they could unload all the important GT pieces as a theme. But that's just a guess

I also half expect Roshi though to round out U7 team. (don't take that he can't fly comment into account. Just PR speak to say why he wasn't thought to be added in. The only time these guys really fly is screen transitions. Super jumps can make up for it.) Though its a bit reaching

I'll eat a shoe if we get anything from GT.

Hope you got tiny feet if it happens

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Brace yourself for like at least 4 more Gokus.

Looking at Kid Goku, SSJ4 Goku (Thank Heroes for this) Ultra Instinct Goku, and Gogeta Blue. Guess that's only 3 and a half, eh.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Not really when it's entire thing is involuntary reflex, that works as a boss, it brings nothing as a character(same reason SSJ3 is a super)
SSJ3 falls into a weird place, it's rarely used in the series compared to regular SSJ and Blue.
Now you can argue UI has only been used 3 times so far, and all in the same arc, but UI is also hot right now with merchandise out the ass. At the end of the day the Dragon Ball Room are the ones that decide the characters in the video games now, so if they want him he'll be in. Honestly, UI could work as a very counter heavy character.