• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 4 days, 1 hour, 56 minutes, 49 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot |OT| Legacy of Goku In 3D

Lunchbox

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
PDX
This game needs a better combat tutorial, I feel like I’m learning things by just pressing buttons maybe I’ll dig into that menu.

Melkr_

Oct 25, 2017
Would really love if this game had the Latino dub but so many years of watching Super has got me used to the original Japanese dub lol

And yeah the fighting controls are intimidating as fuck. There’s like a billion things to learn.

Papercuts

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, be very careful fighting the red aura enemies post Namek. It’s possible to lock yourself out of the story.

If you beat all the aura enemies in Central Plains, there’s a cutscene and a beefier aura’d Raditz and Nappa show up. This is fine. But if you beat them a super heavy aura’d Vegeta shows up and he is a lot higher level than you are at this point. (50 vs. 35ish). I nope’d out of that and moved on with the story.

...the problem there is it seems like having an NPC like that will make it so the character itself won’t spawn on the map normally. You need to talk to Vegeta when you’re going after dr. gero to trigger a fight in this same area, and I only saw a beam of light on a rock with nothing on it because he was overridden by the aura Vegeta being here.

I had to fight a level 50 vegeta accompanied by a level 45 raditz/nappa as a level 37 piccolo. You can’t leave the area or anything here either so if this happens you NEED to be able to beat that fight and, uh, you don’t want that. That took damn near 30 minutes and was not easy at all, but it did work and Vegeta showed up.

MAX PAYMENT

Oct 29, 2017
This game makes me feel like a kid again. I genuinely love it.

Its interesting to me that my favorite games this gen have been rated around the 7 to 8 range.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Question re: a Dragon Ball wish (sort of similar incident to Papercuts’ post):

So I’m at the very beginning of the Android saga with everyone training in the three year gap and I’ve revived Dodoria but he isn’t showing up where he’s supposed to be. It’s just the blue beam of light indicating a sub story. Is this a bug or do I need to be at a specific point in the story like an intermission with a specific party leader?

Flousn

Jan 16, 2018
Holy shit, be very careful fighting the red aura enemies post Namek. It’s possible to lock yourself out of the story.

If you beat all the aura enemies in Central Plains, there’s a cutscene and a beefier aura’d Raditz and Nappa show up. This is fine. But if you beat them a super heavy aura’d Vegeta shows up and he is a lot higher level than you are at this point. (50 vs. 35ish). I nope’d out of that and moved on with the story.

...the problem there is it seems like having an NPC like that will make it so the character itself won’t spawn on the map normally. You need to talk to Vegeta when you’re going after dr. gero to trigger a fight in this same area, and I only saw a beam of light on a rock with nothing on it because he was overridden by the aura Vegeta being here.

I had to fight a level 50 vegeta accompanied by a level 45 raditz/nappa as a level 37 piccolo. You can’t leave the area or anything here either so if this happens you NEED to be able to beat that fight and, uh, you don’t want that. That took damn near 30 minutes and was not easy at all, but it did work and Vegeta showed up.
If this happens to anybody else: You can´t do this Sidequest if you have Vegata in your party. I swapped in Vegeta after running into the same Problem as described above, stalling the Quest due to him not being allowed in your party. Then swapped him out again, restarting the Quest and spawning the "correct" NPC Vegeta on the map so that i could finish the Quest without fighting the LVL50 red-aura-Vegeta (who stil lwas there btw).

Jegriva

Sep 23, 2019
I personally like the earlier parts of GT that evoked OG Dragonball's "rising, rising, mesmerizing, unbridled ecstasy" of adventure and the more comical skits.

GT isn't for everyone, and it has it's faults. But I like it.
I remember that the characters had trouble being locked in rooms. Trunks was almost destroying planets a few years before.

Papercuts

Oct 25, 2017
If this happens to anybody else: You can´t do this Sidequest if you have Vegata in your party. I swapped in Vegeta after running into the same Problem as described above, stalling the Quest due to him not being allowed in your party. Then swapped him out again, restarting the Quest and spawning the "correct" NPC Vegeta on the map so that i could finish the Quest without fighting the LVL50 red-aura-Vegeta (who stil lwas there btw).
This is actually in the main quest, you’re locked into playing piccolo and have no party and need to talk to vegeta, but he doesn’t spawn if the enemy is there.

But yeah if Vegeta is in a sidequest in the region the same thing would apply. Super weird.

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo

what should I be selling for cash? I'm just only 8 hours in, but I'm hoarding everything and I'm afraid to sell any of it for fear of needing it later lol.

Also, how do you gather ore on a wall?

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Any fun ways to spice up the fighting?

It isn't particularly hard so far (currently in the bit between defeating Raditz and Vegeta and Nappa arriving) and I'm okay with that. It's mainly a bummer that every fight feels pretty much the same to me. As I pretty much do the same thing over and over. Warp in to do some close combat, shoot down some beam special attack as I hit the enemy away, maybe charge up or shoot some other ki blasts, move in to repeat the steps above with maybe an added special move in between.