• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news.

I'd love for the 3DS version to also get a release, but I'm already really happy.

(Watch as 428 releases on the same date)

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who wants to bet the Switch version will be its own game like the 3DS and PS4 versions were "different" games too?

There's nothing in this game visually that's beyond the Switch. These sorts of art styles are the ones which will have the least amount of noticeable differences outside of resolution / framerate when being down ported to Switch.

The game looks great and the voice acting is especially impressive. Happy to wait to be able to take it on the go. I hope people enjoy it come September!

They should just cancel the Switch version. It will have pathetic sales both in Japan and the west.

Yeah all those years old third party Switch ports are really struggling!...

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I'm not sure why people are surprised about the Switch news, it's not even out in Japan on the Switch yet. No way it was coming here at the same time as PS4.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair to those hoping it would release with the PS4 version it was the first Switch game announced and we still haven't gotten any info on it.

Yeah, I mean I can say why and it seemed liked a good enough idea given how long we've known about it for.

It's this "much later" part that's raising my eyebrow. Makes me wonder when we'll actually get an official update/footage.

Nov 14, 2017
How did people like this one? I've never played a DQ game but that trailer was great. I see Famitsu gave it a perfect score.

adel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wish it was a June release but I'm still so happy.
Now give us KH3 release date square.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Dumb question, but by the looks of it, it's sticking to traditional turn based combat?

I don't really mind, but going through those games has become kind of a slow burn.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well? Japanese sales were very poor and I doubt it sold anything significant worldwide. Also, it was an easy port. This apparently will take lots of money, staff and time. It's just not worth, the game has no selling potential.
You sure you aren't just salty about the delayed release? You seem like you're way overreacting.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently no 3DS version will be localized. I know it wouldn't sell gangbusters but considering the localization has to be done, wouldn't a 3DS version at least be profitable? What am I missing here?

If nothing else why not throw it up on the eShop?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest VII is my favorite game in the series. I really hope XI is as good as you say. :( I wasn't really a fan of Dragon Quest IX so it has been a long time since I've really played a new Dragon Quest game.

How is the story compared to VII?

Also, how easy is this game? :P
It's far closer to 8 than 9, that's for sure. More focused on overarching story than vignettes too, unlike 7.
The story is fun. I love the cast. One of the best in the franchise for sure, if not THE best.
It's easy for most of the game but the second half is harder and there's some good challenge near the end.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Well? Japanese sales were very poor and I doubt it sold anything significant worldwide. Also, it was an easy port. This apparently will take lots of money, staff and time. It's just not worth, the game has no selling potential.

I don't think that's the case since it stayed on the best seller section on the eShop for a while and is still considerably high after release. I wouldn't be surprised if it has good legs.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Man this sucks I have zero time or inclination to play any jrpg at home. I guess I just wait till next year

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Steam release? This the first time a DQ game was made available on PC?

Either way though, will get the steam version.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, the Switch version might as well be a new game because we're looking at a 2019 release.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently no 3DS version will be localized. I know it wouldn't sell gangbusters but considering the localization has to be done, wouldn't a 3DS version at least be profitable? What am I missing here?

If nothing else why not throw it up on the eShop?
SE almost never publishes their games on Nintendo platforms.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
11936.jpg
lol

But yeah would be a bummer to not get the 3DS version.

It could be the version they port to mobile though ....that's quite likely thinking about it.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man so happy for the Steam release, disappointment in the lack of a orchestrated ost on console but mods will pick up the slack on pc hopefully.

Lol at that ''much later'' for the switch version.

mrjohill

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll just wait for the switch version... I just have a hard time beating dragon quest games that aren't portable anymore...

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Finally!!!

Can't wait to get my hands on this, first legit Dragon Quest since PS2 Dragon Quest 8 :)

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
No but seriously, what is wrong with the sound quality? It literally sounds like 8 bit music, extremely simplistic and completely out of place with the level of visuals that we're looking at. I already had a much better experience muting the gameplay trailer and put on DQVIII's overworld theme.

Dumb question, but by the looks of it, it's sticking to traditional turn based combat?

I don't really mind, but going through those games has become kind of a slow burn.
Yeah, it's regular old turn-based combat. It essentially has two display modes to help jazz things up for people that want a bit more activity while inputting commands, but it is ultimately a Dragon Quest-ass Dragon Quest game.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
There's nothing in this game visually that's beyond the Switch. These sorts of art styles are the ones which will have the least amount of noticeable differences outside of resolution / framerate when being down ported to Switch.

No way the Switch would be able to hold its own on DQ11 visually.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You sure you aren't just salty about the delayed release? You seem like you're way overreacting.
I know they won't cancel because of company politics, but this will sell like garbage - that's my point. They had years to try to make this version and didn't, at this point I just feel SE is wasting money in developing it.

I don't think that's the case since it stayed on the best seller section on the eShop for a while and is still considerably high after release. I wouldn't be surprised if it has good legs.
Legs are getting cut off this year with Builders 2 and I don't think "eshop" numbers are good enough for a big retail release. Just look at Japan's numbers, the game won't hit 100k retail in its biggest region, it's just bad.

chusetto

Oct 31, 2017
Krista
No 3DS version makes me very sad. I like its design much more than the "Big Version", and the 3D-2D action dual screen is sick -.-