• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win?

• King Push

Votes: 784 63.3%
  • 6 God

Votes: 172 13.9%
  • OVO Sweatshop

Votes: 123 9.9%
  • EGHCK!

Votes: 160 12.9%

• Total voters

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
But I am not dismissing his donations. I am saying that that isn't what Pusha is talking about. Had Pusha said that Drake has done nothing for black people, he would be wrong but he was careful with his language.

And had you completely read my post, I said that Drake is free to not talk about black issues but he isn't free from the backlash after his explanation on why he used blackface which is why Pusha is making him own his shit. He never spoke about black issues until that explanation

Kanye is still one of the biggest producers and owner of GOOD. Pusha isn't just going to ruin all what he has gotten and go around Ye to use another producer when Kanye will foot the bill for his work (and if you read my last post, I said he doesn't vibe with his views at all and probably has discussed with Kanye about what he's been saying just like TI did). Kanye is also one of the reasons Pusha is able to put out the work he has done and recognized Pusha's talent. Kinda hard to just ditch him when he has done so much for him. And just like someone like Dr Dre, it is okay to have writers if you are a skilled producer. This has also been answered like thirty times in this thread.

Drake inherited the beef because he wanted to defend his mentor, Wayne. So...nothing at all to do with being signed to him.

This is why I asked earlier what the theory is on why Drake did the blackface? It's either it was for a project before he got into music or it was because he has negative views of a race he himself belongs to. Ppl are now choosing to say the explanation isn't good enough based on how they already feel about Drake.

Going to have to agree to disagree with you on this cause I just see hypocricy on the part of Pusha. His original angle was Drake is fake cause he don't write his own stuff. Well he writes enough to write for your labels boss and you don't have a problem with Ye having a writing room so why the shots at Drake?

And now after Drake's response he wants to shift it to a race discussion and how he needs answers cause Drake never was woke or speaks on issues. Again hypocritical considering who he works for.

The actual disses and better rapper is Pusha but this just seems hollow.

Btw I don't have a problem with Dre, Kanye, Diddy, or even Drake using writers. I'm actually surprised when their shit isn't good considering they use writers. That wasn't the point, it was more about Push calling out Drake on it but not caring that Kanye does it. Only time I care about ghostwriters is when it's for emcees who supposedly top lyricists but you find out they don't write their own shit.

Like if someone says or exposes Nas using writers if be legit shocked.

Oct 27, 2017
Ppl are now choosing to say the explanation isn't good enough based on how they already feel about Drake.

its crazier to me that ppl are choosing the say the explanation IS good enough based on how they already feel about Drake.

"he's not a political guy... EXCEPT... for this one day back in 2007"
"oh yeh? whatd he do?"
"
drake-in-black-face.png
"

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
its crazier to me that ppl are choosing the say the explanation IS good enough based on how they already feel about Drake.

"oh yeh? whatd he do?"
"
drake-in-black-face.png
"

It's just an L simple and plain. Drake ain't no damn activist lol

People overcomplicating things.

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
This is why I asked earlier what the theory is on why Drake did the blackface? It's either it was for a project before he got into music or it was because he has negative views of a race he himself belongs to. Ppl are now choosing to say the explanation isn't good enough based on how they already feel about Drake.

Going to have to agree to disagree with you on this cause I just see hypocricy on the part of Pusha. His original angle was Drake is fake cause he don't write his own stuff. Well he writes enough to write for your labels boss and you don't have a problem with Ye having a writing room so why the shots at Drake?

And now after Drake's response he wants to shift it to a race discussion and how he needs answers cause Drake never was woke or speaks on issues. Again hypocritical considering who he works for.

Btw I don't have a problem with Dre, Kanye, Diddy, or even Drake using writers. I'm actually surprised when their shit isn't good considering they use writers. That wasn't the point, it was more about Push calling out Drake on it but not caring that Kanye does it. Only time I care about ghostwriters is when it's for emcees who supposedly top lyricists but you find out they don't write their own shit.

I'm pretty sure it's a known fact that Ye argues with everyone around him about everything? It's a known fact. When Ye is asked "who the best MC is" I've heard him say Jay z, lil Wayne, Nicki but never himself. Ye is alot more of an open book than Drake. Drake comparing himself to Ye is corny. Fact. Drake isn't Ye, he's fake. When Ye says something you know that's what he really thinks. When Drake does you don't even know. Drake has been called out so many times for not even being a real person. Push has stated that he doesn't agree with Ye on alotta things. It's not hipocrasy when Drake just now admitted to having the ghost writer (because he never actually did). Ye will just say "Big Sean wrote this!".

It doesn't matter why Drake did the blackface. Drake makes himself a caricature. He's just a pop star trying to pass for the greatest MC.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018

"oh yeh? whatd he do?"
"
drake-in-black-face.png
"

Drake Stans: wow I can't believe y'all grilling drake over his PoPo cosplay from dragoncon which was a request from a recipient of the Make a Wish Foundation...sheesh

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I love how people just take everything Pusha/TMZ says/posts as a fact lol. This really is just a Gossip battle at this point.

Still interested to see if and in what way Drake gonna respond...i expect something this weekend.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
That Pusha T track is cool and everything but he lost before this even started by having Kanye produce his album.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
man... it's crazy that the woman i used to jerk off to is drake's baby momma.

i remember that video where she's all oiled up and lying on her belly. her hips are so wide and her ass is so thicc... i wouldn't pull out either.

This post has gotta be a nominee for post of the year lol.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's true. Only thing in dispute is whether he's truly a deadbeat dad or not. His camp says he takes care of the kid financially, but Sophie was talking shit about him as of a few months ago.

Regardless this is an L.
Damn

Huge L

And he is announcing his kid along with a sneaker line apparently?

Wtf, I'm not into sneaker culture but I can't see anyone in that scene fucking with some sort of hype or roll out like that. Like what?

Deleted member 9838

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Bruh you see the new Drake x Adidas?"

"Yea that ad with his baby he been hiding wearing Adidas and drake holding him wearing Adidas was regular af, day one my guy"

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

One of the biggest issues nowadays is whataboutism in every damn topic. It's pointless and can easily go in circles. One of the early things you're taught not to do in life (two wrongs don't make a right).

Anyhow, all of your complaints seems to go back to Kanye West and what he's doing. Push isn't responsible for that man. You got a beef between two people right now, Push and Drake. Let Kanye answer for Kanye.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One of the biggest issues nowadays is whataboutism in every damn topic. It's pointless and can easily go in circles. One of the early things you're taught not to do in life (two wrongs don't make a right).

Anyhow, all of your complaints seems to go back to Kanye West and what he's doing. Push isn't responsible for that man. You got a beef between two people right now, Push and Drake. Let Kanye answer for Kanye.

I mean, people rightfully calling out Drake for blackface from 10 years ago but we're alright with Push using a maga hat wearing trump supporter as a producer?

Drake 100% has to answer this beef and Push laid him out, but lets not sit here and pretend Push doesn't have to answer for using that dude.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
I mean, people rightfully calling out Drake for blackface from 10 years ago but we're alright with Push using a maga hat wearing trump supporter as a producer?

Drake 100% has to answer this beef and Push laid him out, but lets not sit here and pretend Push doesn't have to answer for using that dude.
Pusha has already said he doesn't fuck with what Ye stands for politically he's been vocal about it, and again Ye owns good music, pusha is the president/artist of good music Ye has finally say on all decisions, and I don't agree with Ye but I wouldn't he upset if someone got his beats,

With that being said if only thing Drake can say to pusha is well you work with Ye then yea Drake lost if your best comeback to black face is well what about Kanye tho its a wrap and Pusha played him with that already he told Drake I want all the curses if he brings up Ye pusha gonna use that to go after him even more

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pusha has already said he doesn't fuck with what Ye stands for politically he's been vocal about it, and again Ye owns good music, pusha is the president/artist of good music Ye has finally say on all decisions, and I don't agree with Ye but I wouldn't he upset if someone got his beats,

With that being said if only thing Drake can say to pusha is well you work with Ye then yea Drake lost if your best comeback to black face is well what about Kanye tho its a wrap and Pusha played him with that already he told Drake I want all the curses if he brings up Ye pusha gonna use that to go after him even more

If that's all he's got then Drake might as well just put out his Album sans beef, but I think he needs to make it clear that having Kanye produce your shit while making mouth service about his politics is some minstrel shit. Kanye should be canceled but here we are.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
If that's all he's got then Drake might as well just put out his Album sans beef, but I think he needs to make it clear that having Kanye produce your shit while making mouth service about his politics is some minstrel shit. Kanye should be canceled but here we are.
But again bro if I punch you in the face and your only comeback is to punch my brother, it makes you look weak but cause you avoiding the real issue which is me the one that hit you. If Drake goes after Ye rest assured pusha gonna hit Drake with a 2 piece and biscuit and no drink. If all he got on him is his ties to Ye then it's a wrap for the kid and I get you don't like Ye but you can't hold pusha accountable for what a grown ass man does on his own. Pusha doesn't fuck with Ye views on it nothing more he can do

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if drake let's push get the "I waited 4 days where yall at" it's over and he shouldn't respond again

push already forced the IG fingers

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But again bro if I punch you in the face and your only comeback is to punch my brother, it makes you look weak but cause you avoiding the real issue which is me the one that hit you. If Drake goes after Ye rest assured pusha gonna hit Drake with a 2 piece and biscuit and no drink. If all he got on him is his ties to Ye then it's a wrap for the kid and I get you don't like Ye but you can't hold pusha accountable for what a grown ass man does on his own. Pusha doesn't fuck with Ye views on it nothing more he can do

This is a topic for another thread but there's a lot Push could do but he chooses to work with a dude thats acting like a white nationalist.

But ya, if that's all Drake's got then he should just ignore Push and go right at Kanye.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Boss voted for Brexit and told me the Black Panther party was just as bad as the KKK. We don't agree about either of those things, but he doesn't force me to take his side and we get along when it comes to business and what not.

Pusha is signed to G.O.O.D. is the president, and has done a lot for causes for the black community even if he does rap about coke on almost every record. He can disagree with Kanye yet keep his business going on his own terms. Only thing that really bothers me about the two of them is the album cover, just because Push should have known how disrespectful and bad taste that shit was. Other wise I see no need for him to answer for another mans actions that he can't control.