• Miles Teg

Votes: 16 1.8%
  • Other (specify in thread and why)

Votes: 47 5.3%

• Total voters

NateDog

"This guy are sick"
Jan 8, 2018
I was watching Dune 2 again last night and was wondering about Jamis and Paul's relationship in the books. Is there a friendship between them thats explored and a bit more fleshed out in books? Or is it really just something Paul experiences in his visions? I feel like Jamis would have been such a cool character to see more of in the movies.
No, there's nothing further than their interaction where Jamis challenges Paul and then they fight. The only difference was that Paul joins in with a number of fremen in paying tribute to Jamis ("I was a friend of Jamis"), and sheds tears during the funeral procession (if you could call it that) which results in exclamations from a lot of fremen about him giving his water to the dead and the significance of that.

I thought Babs Olusanmokun was great though, he has a fabulous voice and delivered his lines so well.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
It adds a touch of sadness to the end of Part I, since Paul had already seen the possible future where Jamis becomes his friend and mentor, and then he's forced to kill him.

The only vision he had in the book was a vision where he dies by knife, but he's not able to see who kills him, so he doesn't know if it's Jamis or not until the fight's over. The same doubt plagues him at the end of the book when he's fighting Feyd, he's not sure if this is the end or not. But it's interesting, (Children of Dune spoilers) considering he does finally die by the knife, but it's a random knife in a crowd. Even at the end, he probably never saw the face of the man who killed him, so it actually fit the vision that he carried all those years.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
No, there's nothing further than their interaction where Jamis challenges Paul and then they fight. The only difference was that Paul joins in with a number of fremen in paying tribute to Jamis ("I was a friend of Jamis"), and sheds tears during the funeral procession (if you could call it that) which results in exclamations from a lot of fremen about him giving his water to the dead and the significance of that.

I thought Babs Olusanmokun was great though, he has a fabulous voice and delivered his lines so well.

Ah okay thank you for clarifying!! Yeah I absolutely loved the scenes he was in and was like goddammit I kinda wish we could have seen more of him and the hints you see of Paul's and Jami's friendship seemed like it would have been awesome to see

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
They should release the teaser for the Dune tv series to celebrate. While i dont have a ton of faith in it i do want see what its like.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Friendship ended with wall-climbing spectator orgasm. Now, eating soup faster than the conscious mind can comprehend is my best friend.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Dune: Prophecy poster from a MAX event earlier:

View: https://x.com/duneinfo/status/1789017365121810774?s=46&t=Z9DqSWZr7M0RkGt-vUPHLQ

OQQYhXq.jpeg

And the 22-minute BTS for Dunc 2:

View: https://youtu.be/DMNQ5HWQ1aU?si=r0L5fAa7qlaN3pyN

Last edited:
OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017

[VARIETY] 'Dune: Prophecy' Casts Indian Superstar Tabu (EXCLUSIVE)

variety.com

‘Dune: Prophecy’ Casts Indian Superstar Tabu (EXCLUSIVE)

The Max prequel series "Dune: Prophecy" has cast legendary Indian actress Tabu in a recurring role, Variety has learned exclusively.

Tabu will recur in the role of Sister Francesca. The character is described as "Strong, intelligent, and alluring, Sister Francesca leaves a lasting impression in her wake. Once a great love of the Emperor, her return to the palace strains the balance of power in the capital."

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017

'Dune: Prophecy' Casts 'Succession' Alum Jihae (EXCLUSIVE)

variety.com

‘Dune: Prophecy’ Casts ‘Succession’ Alum Jihae (EXCLUSIVE)

The Max prequel series "Dune: Prophecy" has added Jihae in a recurring guest star role, Variety has learned exclusively.
Jihae will play Reverend Mother Kasha, described as "the Emperor's own Truthsayer and confidant. Reverend Mother Kasha occupies a position of great influence in the Imperium. But when a new challenge leads her to question the Sisterhood's intentions, she finds her role increasingly difficult to navigate."

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017

'Dune: Prophecy' Casts 'End of the F—ing World' Star Jessica Barden (EXCLUSIVE)

variety.com

‘Dune: Prophecy’ Casts ‘End of the F—ing World’ Star Jessica Barden (EXCLUSIVE)

The Max prequel series "Dune: Prophecy" has added Jessica Barden in a recurring guest star role, Variety has learned exclusively.
Barden will appear as the young Valya Harkonnen, with the elder version of the character being played by Emily Watson. The young Valya is described as "Ambitious, stubborn and forceful. Young Valya Harkonnen dreams of restoring her family's noble status. When a tragedy shatters her plans for the future, she finds herself on a new path that leads to the Sisterhood."

Seems like casting is ramping up.