• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I'm waiting on a new banner too. I have 7000 stones saved up. I hope its Kazran but I doubt it will be. I'm going to continue saving up for him because he's my most wanted character by far.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely be into a Silk replacement, and a warrior. The only decent warrior I have is Azalea. Some of the World difficulty mission requirements are asking for two warriors and I don't even have one level 50 warrior yet. In part because I still don't understand how they fit into the party mix when a knight is already available.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely be into a Silk replacement, and a warrior. The only decent warrior I have is Azalea. Some of the World difficulty mission requirements are asking for two warriors and I don't even have one level 50 warrior yet. In part because I still don't understand how they fit into the party mix when a knight is already available.

I get around a lot of those by putting my crap filler character in the lead slot then bringing a strong friend tank/healer to fill in when they die.

I ran into one last night that was '2 Thieves and one Mage'...

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I see warriors as a sturdier DPS. Then again, some seem able to tank. I dunno.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the Lorina quest , thought the urgent missions would be a chore, but finished almost at the same time as the 10 thousand mobs , need 4 more phantasma for the Kluri quest and hopefully tomorrow start to work on the Hazel specialty change .

As everyone else I'm expecting a new banner, have 740 bookmarks saved

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I see warriors as a sturdier DPS. Then again, some seem able to tank. I dunno.

Yeah, I can see the benefit to two tanky DPSes, but there's only slot where mobs tend to focus, so I'm not seeing the practical aspect of a warrior, when a good knight can be a better tank, and two of them would only be necessary in specialized boss fights. The other slots would be generally better served by a speed DPS, healer, and debuffer (IMO).

Then again I don't have any 4* or 5* warriors, so...

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm waiting on a new banner too. I have 7000 stones saved up. I hope its Kazran but I doubt it will be. I'm going to continue saving up for him because he's my most wanted character by far.
14k stones, haven't used any since I started the game. I demand the best dps limited inthe world...with a cute hat.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
As a gacha novice: what's the appeal of Christmas characters? Why'd I want the tacky looks outside of the season?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
As a gacha novice: what's the appeal of Christmas characters? Why'd I want the tacky looks outside of the season?

Personally I don't like it but usually these characters are limited (like the limited banners we have in E7) and people love limited things or have FOMO and roll despite what they are , I prefer new characters it's more fun

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could replay PVP defense matches that I lose. I don't really know how to fix my team if I don't know why I lost.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could replay PVP defense matches that I lose. I don't really know how to fix my team if I don't know why I lost.
Everyone's team is worse on defense since the AI is awful and predictable. Just accept that you're always going to perform better playing your own team unless you run a really stall-y team on defense. Not to mention the RNG you can get from stuns/poisons/taunts that can completely skew who wins.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Because Christmas joy lives inside your heart all year round. You must remember it when you don't get 5 stars for weeks at a time.
9702.jpg

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I always thought warriors are just unconditional dps units that don't rely on gimmicks. Basically they just hit hard and any abilities they have are geared towards hitting harder/more often, so def break and atk up, etc. But this is based on the 3 warriors I used (Lorina / Helga / Tieria).

Thieves are also dps machines but they have usually have some gimmick involved (Sez needs under 50% health, Karin/Alexa/Cidd needs crits)

Rangers have some status effects (loosely used, as I count Silks decrease CR as one) that they like to spam

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'd really like them to put in a low performance mode. My battery health meter in iOS has gone down a couple points since I started playing this game. Could be coincidental, but this game really drains my battery fast, and I have everything turned off that I could find. Still, my iPhone X really heats up during battles.

It feels like they're trying to hit 60fps all the time, but I'd be fine with 30fps if it meant not straining the battery. I never had this problem with SMT Dx2.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a set of hear at 98% crit and every piece I upgrade refuses to give me that extra two fucking percent

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
I'd really like them to put in a low performance mode. My battery health meter in iOS has gone down a couple points since I started playing this game. Could be coincidental, but this game really drains my battery fast, and I have everything turned off that I could find. Still, my iPhone X really heats up during battles.

It feels like they're trying to hit 60fps all the time, but I'd be fine with 30fps if it meant not straining the battery. I never had this problem with SMT Dx2.

There are some settings in options you can check like battery optimization and low quality mode. Maybe also disable high quality and special effects to see if it helps?

On another note I threw maybe 3 or 4 pulls at Kayron but got the Celestine artifact instead. That thing is kinda crazy, I only have mine at +3 on Destina and her regular attacks heal me for about 1600 hp. Gonna stick with it for now instead of the usual Candlestick.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I switched from candlestick to Celestine as well. Worth it. Double heal is nice.

In other news, I got a defensive win in arena against a level 60 ML ken team. My life is complete.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
There are some settings in options you can check like battery optimization and low quality mode. Maybe also disable high quality and special effects to see if it helps?

On another note I threw maybe 3 or 4 pulls at Kayron but got the Celestine artifact instead. That thing is kinda crazy, I only have mine at +3 on Destina and her regular attacks heal me for about 1600 hp. Gonna stick with it for now instead of the usual Candlestick.

Yeah, I have Battery Optimization and Disable Special Effects checked, and High Quality is turned off by default. Isn't this only a 2D game during battles? It's weird that it would heat up the CPU/GPU so much. Especially on an iPhone X.

re: artifacts, I don't have any healing artifacts that nice. I use Wondrous Potion Vial on Hazel because she doesn't have debuff support. It's pretty good...at level 12 it is dispelling a debuff on a random ally on her turn with a 70% chance. But heavy debuff bosses still overwhelm its ability. But one nice thing I noticed today about it is that it activates on her turn even if she's stunned.

Bishop76

Oct 30, 2017
Christmas Event Gifts:

http://m-page.onstove.com/epicseven...?listType=2&inBoardListType=3&communityNo=988

Christmas Present Event
1. Event Schedule: 12/20 (Thu) ~ 12/25 (Tue)
2. Event Gifts (all times in UTC):
12/21 (Fri) 10:00 ~ 12/22 (Sat) 09:59: Energy x100
12/22 (Sat) 10:00 ~ 12/23 (Sun) 09:59: Three 3 star Penguins (one of each element)
12/23 (Sun) 10:00 ~ 12/24 (Mon) 09:59: 4★ Artifact Summon Ticket x1
12/24 (Mon) 10:00 ~ 12/25 (Tue) 09:59: Epic Artifact Charm x1
12/25 (Tue) 10:00 ~ 12/26 (Wed) 09:59: Tera-Phantasma x1
New gifts will be delivered every day at Server Reset.

Special Christmas Sale Pack:

568143a42fef43018897dee4a1a11c95_1545217196.png

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
That special pack 2 has £100 written all over it I reckon.

Christmas event seems decent enough but I would have liked a different hero banner to go with it but ah well.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a New Years banner instead? Korean New Year happens in February iirc, but they might push a themed banner already.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The event is 3 weeks long and Kayron ends next week. It's annoying having to wait, but come on, it's obvious there will be something.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the characters enhanced on the event it might be Iseria banner to go with it ...

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Where's the Krau banner?!"

I still find it funny that everyone on reddit said a Krau banner was coming because of a Facebook post, because when you read the actual post, it doesn't mentioned any banner. Just says meet Krau or something.

Anyway, new banner next week. Dunno why ppl thought they'd have multiple new character banners going on at once.

We will see if Kayron is worth it now. I'm not sure this fixes him.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They could at least announce it! Guess they didn't want to kill Kayron sales.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
"Where's the Krau banner?!"

I still find it funny that everyone on reddit said a Krau banner was coming because of a Facebook post, because when you read the actual post, it doesn't mentioned any banner. Just says meet Krau or something.

Anyway, new banner next week. Dunno why ppl thought they'd have multiple new character banners going on at once.

We will see if Kayron is worth it now. I'm not sure this fixes him.
I was watching a video from a bit earlier on in this game and they had 2 pick-up banners going on at once. So it's definitely happened in the past.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to say that it was funny how Kayron managed to get a nerf to its defense stat in the middle of all of his buffs, but when I think about it and how he's supposed to be used, it's probably a buff as well! ^^

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Achates is awesome. Been my main healer since the start, though I also have Angelica at 50 with cooldown reduction. I use them both sometimes, like in the raid.

I just promoted Kise to 6* though. I'll get Achates next, with all the fodder I'll get while grinding the event.

And speaking of the raid, I just can't justify running it for bad loot when I can get 200-250 coins and some drops for ONE labyrinth key in 2-5. But I see they made trash mobs drop ancient coins in the raid now, so maybe it won't be as bad a value proposition.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to pull more for Crayon :/

I think I gave the banner 50-70 badges and got a Clarissa and a lot of 3 stars.

Christmas event seems really tame and I hate to break it to them but holiday hats and shoes are only fun if you know....you can see them on the character.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to pull more for Crayon :/

I think I gave the banner 50-70 badges and got a Clarissa and a lot of 3 stars.

Christmas event seems really tame and I hate to break it to them but holiday hats and shoes are only fun if you know....you can see them on the character.
This event is probably the best event so far. Unlimited rolls on the holiday chest means you can REALLY get your team strong and earn a ton of bookmarks and even ML summons.

GloomyHitsuji

Oct 31, 2017
Finally got the character I wanted at 1-10, I am ready to start now.
Too bad the re-roll trick doesn't work at 1-4 anymore, would've love to start the game with two 5*

So, what's first? Should I prioritize the X'max event? Or just push on regular story quest?

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Not super thrilled that the next event is also going to have a one week part 2 again. I just finished clearing out the exchange shop today. Too much of a stamina commitment to get all that stuff, especially the game is no longer giving as much stamina out for free.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not super thrilled that the next event is also going to have a one week part 2 again. I just finished clearing out the exchange shop today. Too much of a stamina commitment to get all that stuff, especially the game is no longer giving as much stamina out for free.

Have to agree. Only managed to clear out the Part 2 shop today as well.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got the character I wanted at 1-10, I am ready to start now.
Too bad the re-roll trick doesn't work at 1-4 anymore, would've love to start the game with two 5*

So, what's first? Should I prioritize the X'max event? Or just push on regular story quest?

Yeah, I'd do the limited time stuff first to the extent you can. Mainly the story is your priority until you finish 10, outside of daily quests.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Oh my god, no new banner. I have 600 bookmarks burning a hole in my pocket, I could really use some promotion fodder. I'd take a Ras with a silly hat at this point. I used up all my 5* luck on Destina though, so I'm counting on pity break for a 5*.

FYI: If you promote a unit with a copy of themselves that's already memory imprinted, it won't count for multiple memory imprints. Dang it.

Also, if anyone is still looking for a guild: EpicEra is about to level up to 11 and has free spots, just poke me here with your username after you apply so I can add you.

Status
Not open for further replies.