• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do y'all "like" an asset when you use it in your scene? I do, but that seems to not be the norm. I am glad people are using stuff I made available, but a like would be nice geez...

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that all levels are separate and that you can play any level first. I'm not specifically talking about your creations, just in general. I haven't done anything significant myself, just a few sculpts the community may want to use (thermo munchers). Isn't the level map in the beta version? I recall watching MM explain that you can place your levels into this map and then link them via wires to other sections of your level, or even a side level. I really hope this isn't the format they're going for because games shouldn't be called Flicktrip part 1, part 2, part 2, they should just be called Flicktrip and we shouldn't be able to access each one separately. For me that was the whole point of Dreams: To be able to 'add' levels or more gameplay post release and slowly build on an idea. I thought that was the whole point in being able to save progress.
its there.

Do y'all "like" an asset when you use it in your scene? I do, but that seems to not be the norm. I am glad people are using stuff I made available, but a like would be nice geez...
when im in dreamshaping, i just scroll and see something that catches my eye and try it out. i don't use it but if its well done i give it a like.

Also anyone try out Xionbrium's The Peculiar Case of Dylan Rogers? Its giving me some Life is Strange vibe. the interaction with the environment could be fleshed out, but i like the direction they were going with it

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
its there.

when im in dreamshaping, i just scroll and see something that catches my eye and try it out. i don't use it but if its well done i give it a like.

So the map with the circles joined by wires is actually there. Where is it? Does it only appear when you insert a level link, and why are levels being published separately? I've played a few levels to completion now and none of them have automatically taken me to the part 2.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that all levels are separate and that you can play any level first. I'm not specifically talking about your creations, just in general. I haven't done anything significant myself, just a few sculpts the community may want to use (thermo munchers). Isn't the level map in the beta version? I recall watching MM explain that you can place your levels into this map and then link them via wires to other sections of your level, or even a side level. I really hope this isn't the format they're going for because games shouldn't be called Flicktrip part 1, part 2, part 2, they should just be called Flicktrip and we shouldn't be able to access each one separately. For me that was the whole point of Dreams: To be able to 'add' levels or more gameplay post release and slowly build on an idea. I thought that was the whole point in being able to save progress.
I think it's all in the way stuff is published. May be wrong.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
So the map with the circles joined by wires is actually there. Where is it? Does it only appear when you insert a level link, and why are levels being published separately? I've played a few levels to completion now and none of them have automatically taken me to the part 2.
the very last category in the create category when you choose. i think people just don't scroll that far to see it.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
You can see if you've gone through a level link once you've finished a game. It's the circles in the top left with the lines between them.

--

Finally got around to playing Blue Marble Adventure last night. I really like that second level in the dark. Gaining powerups over time always makes games better. I also love just how tight it controls. That and Platform Jack. Dreams games can control really well.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a lot of people are using level links, but they're pretty seamless, so it could be easy to not notice when it is happening.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
You can see if you've gone through a level link once you've finished a game. It's the circles in the top left with the lines between them.

--

Finally got around to playing Blue Marble Adventure last night. I really like that second level in the dark. Gaining powerups over time always makes games better. I also love just how tight it controls. That and Platform Jack. Dreams games can control really well.

You can finish it? I thought it was bugged and gave up. How do you get through the door?

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017

I like everything that I use, its just the way people are, an extreme minority will like.

I think you can format it how you want, if you want people to be able select levels or straight continuations.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i was working on a horse. well mostly a quadriped. but then realized i need to start over. mostly because of the ways i did the limbs. but what i had looked fine. even if the parts consisted of spheres xD

Deleted member 6562

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, mine too. Email arrived at 8:27AM EST, but from MM. I guess the new ones will come from Sony? I'm really excited for more people to join.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't the level map in the beta version? I recall watching MM explain that you can place your levels into this map and then link them via wires to other sections of your level, or even a side level.

As others have said, this feature is in the beta. It's part of creating a complete Dream, a series of scenes linked by doorways, not just a single scene. e.g. When in Dream Surfing and you come across a complete Dream that has multiple scenes you get a map icon in addition to the play icon (if the creator allowed the individual scenes/map to be visible) and can see how the scenes link together with the circles & lines. When in Dream Shaping you get to edit the links between scenes.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

220px-Operation_Doomsday_Complete.jpg

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Mm really needs to get a Dreams beta kit to Björk somehow. I know she would make incredible stuff in it, or at least hire incredible people to do it for her. I could totally see her doing a whole album based around Dreams levels.

Actually it'd be pretty cool to remake her Human Behaviour video by Michel Gondry in Dreams, I think it wouldn't be too hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbPYoaAiyc

Last edited:

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I keep wondering if can I do this, and keep finding out, yes I can, it's great(if not the exact way there's usually a work around).

Winter-John

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Mm really needs to get a Dreams beta kit to Björk somehow. I know she would make incredible stuff in it, or at least hire incredible people to do it for her. I could totally see her doing a whole album based around Dreams levels.

Actually it'd be pretty cool to remake her Human Behaviour video by Michel Gondry in Dreams, I think it wouldn't be too hard

You do realise that Bjork and her producers have access to the best professional music software on the planet right? The music production capabilities of Dreams can't match FL Studio's base $80 package. The production software she uses is so far beyond what Dreams is capable of it's laughable to imagine she or anyone around her would even consider it. You might as well ask Stephen Spielberg to film his next summer blockbuster with an Iphone.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
You do realise that Bjork and her producers have access to the best professional music software on the planet right? The music production capabilities of Dreams can't match FL Studio's base $80 package. The production software she uses is so far beyond what Dreams is capable of it's laughable to imagine she or anyone around her would even consider it. You might as well ask Stephen Spielberg to film his next summer blockbuster with an Iphone.

Well, that's why I said it would be cool to remake the video. Though as someone who has worked with a lot of audio production software over the years, I'll say that Dreams's audio capabilities are no joke from what I've seen and messed with in the beta, and in some cases outclass certain features. It's far beyond what anyone would reasonably expect from a game.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
read over the welcome to the dreams beta email. NDA is still up. then head over to https://feedback.indreams.me/

do the tutorials they provide. don't be a me and gloss over it. Use the search on the forum because most likely what you want to know was answered already.

don't be the person to publish a penis just because you can make one.

also another weekly creations spotlight / tips and tricks stream tomorrow over at http://www.twitch.tv/mediamolecule. same time. 12/11am CST. 5 PM GMT

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope some person is out there making sound effects. That's one thing that seems too tedious and annoying for me to ever do myself. Like I might edit or tweak some, but to be the person who makes engine sounds, foot steps, doors opening, sea gulls, dog barks, car horns, etc. No thanks lol.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope some person is out there making sound effects. That's one thing that seems too tedious and annoying for me to ever do myself. Like I might edit or tweak some, but to be the person who makes engine sounds, foot steps, doors opening, sea gulls, dog barks, car horns, etc. No thanks lol.
open youtube, stick ps camera near your speaker. bam lol

Deleted member 6562

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
read over the welcome to the dreams beta email. NDA is still up. then head over to https://feedback.indreams.me/

do the tutorials they provide. don't be a me and gloss over it. Use the search on the forum because most likely what you want to know was answered already.

don't be the person to publish a penis just because you can make one.

also another weekly creations spotlight / tips and tricks stream tomorrow over at http://www.twitch.tv/mediamolecule. same time. 12/11am CST. 5 PM GMT

Solid tips. I was't a fan of that forum software at first, but now that I've figured my way around it's not too bad. I use the Search over there a lot because as you said, someone has probably had the same question. Often times the dreamer would laster post a remixable version with the "fix" so you could see.

I think I've published more of those than anything. All of them are in use in many creations because they were pretty basic and missing from the beta. I needed them for my own use.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
You can record anything using a microphone (PS camera, headset mic, supported USB mic, etc), but official audio import into Dreams was disabled early on in the beta. I posted an alternate PC audio import solution in the forums. Works ok but not as convenient.

Deleted member 6562

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was afraid to say anything, but that is how I got my first few in the game, until someone ruined it for us all. Do you happen to have a link to your alternative PC import?

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
So I was thinking about the crazy way you can "play" instruments in Dreams with a gamepad, dragging it through the effects fields and such, just a really trippy way to use gestures and button presses to intuitively create sound. Even if you can't play the real instrument, you could fake it in Dreams. And then I realized... that shit will be possible in VR, and had to sit down for a second for a Keanu "Woah". Can you imagine seeing those fields represented in 3D space and using motion controls to "paint" music? There's probably a better way to describe that lol, but that's the first thing that came to mind. Abstract VR instruments... like I'm not crazy, right? I mean that's kind of a new / interesting thought? Someone is going to make an epic VR mixing stage where you're staring at your time lines, effect fields, instrument shortcuts all in 3D space, and it's going to be like being a conductor-DJ-musician wearing Minority Report gloves. Or not. Idk, maybe I'm nuts.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Damn. Saw a mail from playstation and was super excited... But it was just for buying the Resident Evil 2 Demo.

Come on Sony, make me happy 😂

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I hope abload.de is just an image hosting site as I just wanted to post something I did in dreams trying to help someone on the forum lol

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression that everyone would get to try. . _.

Everyone had a chance to enter, and they'll try to get as many of those in as possible. They can't just have the beta be wide open though, their servers would probably melt. Plus it would be more feedback than a small team like could deal with. And the whole NDA thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.