• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Before the servers went down and when the timer was still running, I left the game to go to the shop and get some cosmetics but when I tried to join the game again it didn't allow me. Why did they do this? We are allowed to join the game in the fe minutes left.
Also they need to solve the button mapping problems. Who on earth would jump with triangle and interact with X? All other games have them inverted. When trying to map the burrons in the correct range, otehr features get mesed up like the pipboy photo mode and menu, So I left the default controls while it wasn't practical at all.

Controls are identical to fallout 4.

Only exception is map is on the options button. Other than that it's exactly the same.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Controls are identical to fallout 4.

Only exception is map is on the options button. Other than that it's exactly the same.

Well can you at least remap the controls in a correct way in FO4? When you invert triangle and X in FO76, when using the photomode, you get 2 triangle buttons instead and no X button and you can't take a picture. Same for pipboy, map and menu.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I walked by another player today who had built his camp over the river and it was awesome. I tried to take some pictures but for some reason every screen shot i tried to take in game were coming up blank.

Now we wait for the trainwreck review thread. Get your popcorn ready.

Yeah, this game has a lot of issues. Though I doubt reviews will sway me. I already know the game is a bit of mess from the beta yet it was fun to explore the world with a friend. We will probably just explore the map and quit after if there isn't any substantial content to draw back in.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm guessing making junk into bulk is so you can make the junk weigh less and easier to sell? Got 400/400 weight at my camp and trying to figure out how to make room without getting rid of important stuff.

Btw I'm really loving it. Great game to just veg out and explore / loot stuff.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I've probably played like 10 hours of the beta and I am still in Morgantown...
I didn't do many quests. I just wanted to explore and kill stuff. The last long beta that's all I did went from cranberry big and just went straight north. Obviously I didn't got every single named location. The game is massive and has tons of places to visit.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
So I'm guessing making junk into bulk is so you can make the junk weigh less and easier to sell? Got 400/400 weight at my camp and trying to figure out how to make room without getting rid of important stuff.

Craft with it. Make a bunch of leather armor or pipe pistols or whatever. Turn that junk into XP.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017

See my post, #2647 on page 53 of this thread. The vendortrons have shared money and selling bulk junk can actually be decently profitable. I do not know if other vendors also have shared currency, outside of the Responder ones.

Additionally some of the bulk recipes seem better on weight while others don't seem to. 30 steel+2 plastic weighs 0.92 pounds and turns into 0.75 with bulk, but bulk copper didn't seem to have any weight-saving benefits.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to plan a build and choosing different SPECIAL stats than the perk card you want is so confusing. I actually had to write this stuff down, since the build planning tools don't really consider you don't have every card equipped all the time.

For example, I am level 19. At level 20 you can choose the Expert Rifleman perk so I am going to choose that from levels 20-22, but not level Perception since I already have enough to equip that and other Perception perk cards I want. So I have to figure out where I want those SPECIAL points to go in relation to what card perks I want in the future, and for that you have to plan exactly for when cards are available, or adapt on the fly if you get a lucky pull from a pack, and eerrrrrrrgh.

By the way the game doesn't make it clear you can pick a SPECIAL stat when leveling up but pick a card from another stat. It defaults to show you perk cards from the SPECIAL category you picked. To choose a different card but keep the same SPECIAL stat look for the prompt to change the card sorting after you pick your stat. On PC it is C and Z.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well put in quite a few hours but only about one today and was pretty much done. Got to level 22 and explored about 70 percent of the map. Performance issues and lack of PC oriented options really put me off. I really thought the game would ship in a better state. I see the potential and the world is beautiful but the gameplay loop didn't hook me cause of how annoying everything was because of an awful UI and always lacking storage. There is potential, there is plenty of game for those who can run it better and can deal with lack of basic options and I really hope they support it and tweak things that need fixing but the beta convinced me not to get it. Too much else to play at the moment and not happy to pay full price something that lacks basic PC options.

Wow that's surprising to hear that from you man. I know you were really into it there for a while. I agree though. I think the performance right now is just too rough for me to bother with it. My friends that I played with felt the same as well so we're probably going to mess around in RDR2 Online this month instead. I still think this game has potential but it's definitely a wait and see purchase further down the line.

Oct 27, 2017
Craft with it. Make a bunch of leather armor or pipe pistols or whatever. Turn that junk into XP.

Totally didn't consider crafting with it! I really need to get better crafting b/c right now I can't craft that much. Think I'll invest in weaponsmith & armorsmith lvl 1 when it releases.

See my post, #2647 on page 53 of this thread. The vendortrons have shared money and selling bulk junk can actually be decently profitable. I do not know if other vendors also have shared currency, outside of the Responder ones.

Additionally some of the bulk recipes seem better on weight while others don't seem to. 30 steel+2 plastic weighs 0.92 pounds and turns into 0.75 with bulk, but bulk copper didn't seem to have any weight-saving benefits.

Will check out that post. Don't think I've run across a vendortron in the entire beta but I'll keep an eye out.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
By the way the game doesn't make it clear you can pick a SPECIAL stat when leveling up but pick a card from another stat. It defaults to show you perk cards from the SPECIAL category you picked. To choose a different card but keep the same SPECIAL stat look for the prompt to change the card sorting after you pick your stat. On PC it is C and Z.
Oh shit. I was wondering why I got a new point in a random stat a few times. Apparently I've been accidentally doing this. I just thought I was browsing through the cards before picking one.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Does the size of your camp area ever grow? Budget supposedly goes up as you level, but what about my build area? Feel so constrained in this game where I can build cause of it, lot of cool places to choose from, but the size of your camp forces you to try to maximize ground space available

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Does the size of your camp area ever grow? Budget supposedly goes up as you level, but what about my build area? Feel so constrained in this game where I can build cause of it, lot of cool places to choose from, but the size of your camp forces you to try to maximize ground space available

Nope. It's actually pretty generous horizontally IMO, but you can only build four storeys high.

I can't wait for mods to make CAMPs unlimited.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be passing on this game. I got a digital code for x1 if anyone is interested in it. Tried the beta and couldn't enjoy it sadly :(

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Ninja, Logic, and Rick and Morty on Fallout 76 in a group

This is weird.
niWmACw.png

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Played an hr. was choppy a lot of the time. My cpu is the culprit I would assume. fov was almost as narrow as a console game. I think I may cancel my pre order. sucks because that's the only game my friends will play.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Once I hit level 20 I started getting a bunch of new drops, a grenade launcher, tambourine fist weapons, and a musket that does a ridiculous amount of damage.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Amazon never sent me my Beta code for pre-ordering. Without the chance to try it out for myself and seeing some of the impressions of the game pointing to it really not being for me I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my pre-order.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I wish more of the terminal entries were pre-war. I find those little vignettes way more interesting than all this Responders stuff.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I had fun playing this. I might hold off for a little while unless a bunch of friends buy it first week but there is a lot of potential to it. I could see this being a ton of fun with an active group of friends.

MistaPropella

Oct 26, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Played yesterday for a bit, somehow I couldn't listen to the Holotapes anymore. Just static noise on it and the game does not register that I listened to it, the Overseer Quest #3 / #4 are still marked as open.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Played yesterday for a bit, somehow I couldn't listen to the Holotapes anymore. Just static noise on it and the game does not register that I listened to it, the Overseer Quest #3 / #4 are still marked as open.

Yea, I picked up some overseers tapes out of order and now the quest seems incredibly buggy. No markers on the map, I think it'll ping as if it updates if I find another one, but obviously, I have no idea how many more there are or anything like that.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
What else do they need to improve?

Everything, have you looked at other games that came out this year? Even fucking Call of Cthulhu has better graphics, animation and presentation than this, oh and it's also no a technical mess, oh and your character also moves a lot better.

Fallout 76 feels like it's made by 30 people in a basement. Seriously why is Bethesda so backwards? Like what is this gameplay? Fallout 4 already felt stiff and outdated back in 2015 but now they are releasing the same quality shit in 2018, it's absolutely shameful.

Bethesda's attitude towards game making is pathetic, it's the ''good enough'' attitude.

Everything is just ''good enough'' for them, there's no ''I want to make this game as polished and as best as possible'', it's always ''Guys I think the game is good enough, some bugs here and there but at least it's not unplayable. It works! That's good enough! Let's ship it.''

I have never seen any other AAA studio that's so ''whatever'' with their game's quality, even fucking EA care more about polishing their games than Bethesda does.

If Bethesda open a restaurant all of their meat would be half cooked, and the customers will have to fully cook the meat themselves.

''Well we cooked it alright, not very thorough but should be good enough to eat. $4.99 please''

Last edited:

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I agree with most of your complaints, but not to the same extent/volume, I guess. 30 people in a basement? Seems like extreme hyperbole. It's an average looking game made from Bethesda's newest studio.

I feel like the dev decisions behind the game's quest and world design are way more egregiously awful than any of this "the engine!" stuff people parrot about, but I know I'm in the minority on that.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I agree with most of your complaints, but not to the same extent/volume, I guess. 30 people in a basement? Seems like extreme hyperbole. It's an average looking game made from Bethesda's newest studio.

I feel like the dev decisions behind the game's quest and world design are way more egregiously awful than any of this "the engine!" stuff people parrot about, but I know I'm in the minority on that.

Do you even know what average means? We are not playing on 360 and PS3 anymore.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
That is still hyperbole, bud.

Well at least I'm not being ''whatever'' on their game's quality like a lot of their fans does.

''whatever dude it's still Fallout so who cares about those stuff''

The entire Fallout team and its community is just a big steaming pile of ''whatever''

''it's not great, but it's not terrible, so whatever''

''it's buggy but it works, so whatever''

''it's unacceptable but I love Fallout, so whatever''

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Well at least I'm not being ''whatever'' on their game's quality like a lot of their fans does.

''whatever dude it's still Fallout so who cares about those stuff''

The entire Fallout team and its community is just a big steaming pile of ''whatever''

''it's not great, but it's not terrible, so whatever''

''it's buggy but it works, so whatever''

''it's unacceptable but I love Fallout, so whatever''
I understand your point, but you're being dismissive of people who just want to have fun with a videogame and don't really dwell on that kind of stuff.