• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
70JDa7W.gif

He thinks he's so fucking cute.

...damn he's so fucking cute.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
I think the trailers don't do Barret justice. His quieter lines we've heard during the bombing run demos are much less bombastic and really come across as a man who is passionate about his cause. And I don't think he sounds nearly as stereotypical as the OG's lines would make him sound.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Genuinely has to be the only FF MC designed by Nomura that has managed to look great in a realistic graphical style (Old Noctis isn't by Nomura, so he doesn't count).

It really shows how great (and subtle) the stylized look it has is, considering how the crazy hair doesn't look too unnatural.

I feel like Squall would look outstanding in a realistic graphical style to this degree.

I'm still waiting, Square.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the jump is a new mission/content, its not jessie in the original scene everyone is thinking, its tifa. And we know its not just a change of characters, because tifa is there in the TGS trailer with Holo President Shinra.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
That bothered me from the start, he looks way too feminine compared to previous designs and what I thought would fit the character. Now imo the English voice is also a complete mismatch with the design.

I do like all other characters.

I mean he's supposed to make an extremely pretty girl enough so that someone could legitimately feel more attracted to him than Aerith and Tifa. It fits.

Sometimes feminine looking people have deep voices (such as myself).

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me too, I really loved that guy as Cloud. Sad he didn't come back for this.
Its not that they didnt come back, its that its presumed that Square went non-union (aka they went cheap) considering that the original english VAs still did work for Dissidia NT and World of FF (and its expansion)

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its not that they didnt come back, its that its presumed that Square went non-union (aka they went cheap) considering that the original english VAs still did work for Dissidia NT and World of FF (and its expansion)

I don't think they went cheap. Most of the New VAs are known stars iirc.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they went cheap. Most of the New VAs are known stars iirc.
Going union vs non union for the most part is generally about cutting costs somewhere. Hell Mass Effect andromeda did this and still had some stars in it.
Note: I think some of the cast here sound really good but most of the names are generally either broadway actors/CW actors and not known Voice Actors.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going union vs non union for the most part is generally about cutting costs somewhere. Hell Mass Effect andromeda did this and still had some stars in it.
Note: I think some of the cast here sound really good but most of the names are generally either broadway actors/CW actors and not known Voice Actors.

I see, maybe you're right but I think they did this based on fan feedback tbh. Remake's first trailers used the classic VAs but they changed them when the game got re-revealed earlier this year.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Man, the whole anime animations when characters chat needs to stop! It's terrible looking with these visuals. Barret looked awful, Aerith looked weird too. Goofy animations need to go away.

This is the only thing that annoys me, but I know it will never go away with japanese games, even if they look photorealistic.

Still, awesome trailer.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Man, the whole anime animations when characters chat needs to stop! It's terrible looking with these visuals. Barret looked awful, Aerith looked weird too. Goofy animations need to go away.

FF VII is an anime videogame really as are most FF games past a certain point.

These people are just more realistic looking cartoons not that that's a bad thing but...yeah.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
I love Cloud. I love him forever. I can't wait to play this and spend more time with my OG boyfriend.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
It's like a fanboy nostalgic dream, it really seems like they are nailing this which is surprising considering how bad Square Enix has been since 2006.
Yeah it's so well realized, everything's transferred so well it's amazing how "right" everything looks and sounds in everything they've shown so far.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It's like a fanboy nostalgic dream, it really seems like they are nailing this which is surprising considering how bad Square Enix has been since 2006.

You mean the same SE that released multiple critcally acclaimed FFXIV expansions, FFXV a game that although flawed and incolpete was very well received and got huge post-launch support, released DQXI, KH3, NieR:Automata and many more?

It's not like they just released FFXIII, I think they have well earned back the benefit of expecting good games from them.