PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Unless they uses a 200GB blue ray disc for this game, i don't think they will do it, as i said earlier the full game + all dlc is about 117GB.
I don't think they will release compressed version on disc so it will install on the console directly.

I dunno what the size is on Xbox One, but on my PS4 its 88 GB (rounding up). And I actually own ALL the DLC and have all the updates. You may want to update your OP.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He previously mentioned having the multiplayer avatar we create playable within the core game. My bet is its this. I just wonder whether it would be playing through the main game AS the player avatar (which may involve some hefty rejigging) or whether it would just be as a fifth party member.

Can you create a female character in this mode?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't regret buying it and finishing it at launch... but its hard for me to care about all this extra stuff added. Just never buy a Tabata game at launch ever again.
Hey, Crisis Core and Type-0 were finished games. XV was a big exception and it could've happened with anyone else at the helm.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Crisis Core and Type-0 were finished games. XV was a big exception and it could've happened with anyone else at the helm.
He didn't direct Crisis core no? His only big games were Type-0 which was mediocre, 3rd Birthday which was bad and now FFXV which was bad-medicore.

I won't buy anything Tabata related at launch ever again either. But not because I'm afraid it's gonna be unfinished.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If SE was anything like CDPR, they'd compress the absurd amount of space the game requires back to 40 to 45GB for the rerelease

megathemiis

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to feel that I should have waited for them to release every piece of DLC and content before my first playthrough. FF XV is pretty much a different experience ow.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Milking edition more like

Those of us who bought the early access version in 2016 got royally fucked
Final fantasy 15: The Finished Game Edition
This joke doesn't work as well you guys think since tons of other games' re-releases are literally called Complete/Definitive/Ultimate Edition, too. I guess Horizon was unfinished at launch judging by the recently released Complete Edition, though? :thinking:

Can you create a female character in this mode?
Of course. Check out the Comrades Multiplayer Expansion OT.

Some examples of the great character creator:
DORRJ8wUQAEeUJJ.jpg

DOUeI8fXkAsNOuW.jpg

DOyoJIhUMAADDas.jpg

DO2tINwXkAIV1fD.jpg

DOut2KJUQAEEXmV.jpg

DOuOjYmW0AUR7xI.jpg

DO26i2eXkAAP0fd.jpg

DO17FTMVoAIUQkp.jpg

DO1VEPjXcAAfSb7.jpg

DOyYMk4XUAcpqKI.jpg

DOxXDnTU8AAbN4v.jpg

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
He didn't direct Crisis core no? His only big games were Type-0 which was mediocre, 3rd Birthday which was bad and now FFXV which was bad-medicore.

I won't buy anything Tabata related at launch ever again either. But not because I'm afraid it's gonna be unfinished.
That Tabata managed to release anything after Nomura watched paint dry for ten years is pretty impressive.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If SE was anything like CDPR, they'd compress the absurd amount of space the game requires back to 40 to 45GB for the rerelease
Correct me I am wrong, but doesn't FF15 contain CGI cutscenes? Also it might have to do with high quality assets and how they dont overuse em in open world? (not played yet)
Speaking about that , how is the ps4 pro version? I am thinking of picking it up one day.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This joke doesn't work as well you guys think since tons of other games' re-releases are literally called Complete/Definitive/Ultimate Edition, too. I guess Horizon was unfinished at launch judging by the recently released Complete Edition, though? :thinking:

Oh, these look great!
I don't have anyone to play multiplayer with so I haven't tried this expansion yet.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm starting to feel that I should have waited for them to release every piece of DLC and content before my first playthrough. FF XV is pretty much a different experience ow.
Is it really? Does being able to play as the other guys, having a stronger and faster ring and alternate route in chapter 13, and timed quests in the main game really make it that different?

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
And the non-Season Pass DLC were free, so even if you got the game at launch they still received the other updates even if they don't buy the Royal Edition lol

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Is it really? Does being able to play as the other guys, having a stronger and faster ring and alternate route in chapter 13, and timed quests in the main game really make it that different?
Not really. It's little things here and there, but the effort is appreciated.

Imagine if in launch FF7 that you heard about Rufus' death in passing and never saw the guy much. It's kinda like that.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Milking edition more like

Those of us who bought the early access version in 2016 got royally fucked
Didn't*

We got a ton of free content, lots of free updates, and if you bought the deluxe edition you got all of the season 1 content. Royal Edition is likely just the deluxe edition with the season 2 content. As a day 0 buyer I'm not upset at all by this and actually am confused why anyone who bought early is upset besides paying more for being able to play earlier. It's not like we didn't get our content and aren't able to get this content that's coming out.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

You know me, bro. I don't hate FFXV at all. I've just accepted it for what it is when I beat it at launch... and the only thing that could bring me back is Iris or Aranea dlc.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much the Comrade mode weights, I think they could fit all the DLC and tweaks into a single Blu-Ray and have the multiplayer as a download.

That would be how I'd buy it.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Don't make driveby posts like these that constitute as thread whining
Piss off, SE.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

He directed Crisis Core and Type-0, it was Nomura who assigned him to direct 3rd Birthday since Nomura said he was too busy to direct it, but Nomura was the one who set the foundation and everything for 3rd Birthday and had Tabata just follow his guide for that since he said that Tabata and himself work well toghether, and Nomura was on 3rd Birthday all the way through as Creative Producer, he stated he oversaw the entire game and would constantly do constant checking on the game. Tabata was actually told that Type-0 would be cancelled unless he finish 3rd Birthday and he was forced to leave Type-0 for a whole year because of that. Whatever imprint Tabata had on 3rd Birthday despite his role as director isn't as big as Nomura's input on it as Creative Producer, Character Designer, Concept Designer and the one who pitched the game to begin with.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi

Didn't*

We got a ton of free content, lots of free updates, and if you bought the deluxe edition you got all of the season 1 content. Royal Edition is likely just the deluxe edition with the season 2 content. As a day 0 buyer I'm not upset at all by this and actually am confused why anyone who bought early is upset besides paying more for being able to play earlier. It's not like we didn't get our content and aren't able to get this content that's coming out.
No FFXV at launch is the very definition of Early Access. It was not finished they were adding patches later on to how it should have been at release after all this time.

Also comparing it to Horizon Zero Dawn is weird since that game was legit complete day one. Only patches was features like photo mode etc. Not actual content in the game that should've been in launch unlike FFXV. And the Frozen Wilds is one big expansion DLC that's it I don't see why that is a problem too.

Then again this is Koozek defending FFXV 24/7 as if you work for them from way back before it's release even time to add another to the ignore no point arguing with you.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how it would fuck with the size, but having the anime and movie be in the same package would be pretty nice.

megathemiis

Oct 27, 2017
Even the things you mention , which are the smaller changes they made with the free updates, make the experience more enjoyable. The DLCs are the big deal for me. We had three major ones already and I believe episode Adryn will be even bigger and more important, explaining the character and his motives from a perspective we haven't seen.

The base game is fundamentally the same, but a newcomer that starts today, or when the final DLC arrives, will enjoy a more refined experience. Even with my huge backlog, I will try to find time for a replay.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
No FFXV at launch is the very definition of Early Access. It was not finished they were adding patches later on to how it should have been at release after all this time.
Haven't played an early access game before I see.

I got a game I could play from start to finish without any significant bugs or issues that I enjoyed so much I played through it twice.

Since then I've gotten a ton a free content updates along with my DLC.

I haven't missed out on anything, and I haven't been fucked or screwed over. If someone bought the game today, they aren't receiving any content that I don't also have today even though I bought day 1.

By your logic, people who bought Overwatch day 1 were fucked because they didn't get have several of the added characters and maps that have been since added... even though they ALSO received them when they were released.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Also comparing it to Horizon Zero Dawn is weird since that game was legit complete day one. Only patches was features like photo mode etc. Not actual content in the game that should've been in launch unlike FFXV. And the Frozen Wilds is one big expansion DLC that's it I don't see why that is a problem too.

Then again this is Koozek defending FFXV 24/7 as if you work for them from way back before it's release even time to add another to the ignore no point arguing with you.
How is Horizon getting a DLC expansion any different than XV getting DLC? XVs main story is already finished from the launch version of the game, the DLC stuff are self contained side stories. If you're going to say adding story content makes it unfinished then by this logic FF7 at its Japanese launch must have been unfinished since the western release added new scenes, or KH2FM adding in new scenes that weren't in KH2. There is already over 100 hours worth of content in XV, you have absolutely no idea what early access even means.

The fuck is this drive by?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the movie is essential viewing to make any sense out of what's going on.

I wish I hadn't watched the movie before playing the game, but it does fill in a lot of information about the world. And the story in the multiplayer expansion references it quite a bit.

The game at least tries to make Ardyn seem like someone who might be an ally at the start. This goes completely out the window if you've seen the movie.

Just trying to figure out what they could actually add to the game+season pass.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Even the things you mention , which are the smaller changes they made with the free updates, make the experience more enjoyable. The DLCs are the big deal for me. We had three major ones already and I believe episode Adryn will be even bigger and more important, explaining the character and his motives from a perspective he haven't seen.

The base game is fundamentally the same, but a newcomer that starts today, or when the final DLC arrives, will enjoy a more refined experience. Even with my huge backlog, I will try to find time for a replay.
The DLC episodes don't really do anything for me cause they're not integrated within the game and I already platinum'd it, so its hard to care about what Gladiolus was doing when they got to Caim, or what Prompto was doing off the train, or why Ignis loses his yknow what at this point.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Originally I thought people quipping about the game releasing incomplete were way out of line. Nevermind. From actual gameplay elements like control of teammates to fundementally missing story scenes to structural things like the number of hunts you can have active at a given time, the changes aren't superficial. For a linear, long-form story-based game, having changes this dramatic are frustrating to those of us who played the game at any previous point. I'm not saying "don't improve the game," but I know now how low the bar is for marquee FF releases, between this and XIV.

This makes sense as a way to justify fresh stock of such a big game for retailers, but this leaves me with a frown about the low standards for the series just to get a game out the door. I wasn't even a particularly early buyer, and I have these feelings about it.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What content that should have been in launch are you referring to exactly? They've not really added much content into the main game. These additional episodes have fleshed out the story, but I doubt anyone would look at the DLC episodes and say they should have been in the main game. They just don't fit.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

How is this edition here milking when we got all the updates for free for the vanilla version? This is for folks who haven't bought the game yet. This is no different than any other games' Complete Editions.

And put some respeck on my name
pMy1O4g.png