• FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| Catering to Every Budget

Votes: 42 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
Funny seeing the reactions to McLaren turfing out Ric vs Ferrari doing the same to Sebastian

At the end of day, it's a sport and if your not performing then you deserve to lose your seat. Just very poorly handled by McLaren and it's going to cost them quite a bit of cash

Mar 4, 2021
Berlin, Germany
I am so done with the "weird to drive" McLaren excuse from Ricciardo fans.
I doubt McLaren just made 2 completely cars "weird to drive" but even if they did it's still on him to adapt as most top level drivers would.
Sainz , who is a pretty picky driver, did adapt to the McLaren. I cannot expect any less than that from Ricciardo.

What sort of dirty secrets is Ocon is holding against Renault executives?
He hasn't managed to beat any of his teammates and half the grid hates his guts but they just had to lock him up longterm and come up with an asinine succession plan between Alonso and Piastri.
They can't even make a move on Gasly because apparently he doesn't want to be anywhere near Ocon either.
He is French. Maybe they want a French driver on the team.
Funny seeing the reactions to McLaren turfing out Ric vs Ferrari doing the same to Sebastian

At the end of day, it's a sport and if your not performing then you deserve to lose your seat. Just very poorly handled by McLaren and it's going to cost them quite a bit of cash
Kimi spend a year in WRC because Ferrari didn't want him.
I'm not sure if Vettel had a contract at Ferrari.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Floor edges raised by 15mm for next year.

"The FIA has commissioned medical work on the porpoising," Wolff told the media in response to a question from RacingNews365.com. "The summary of the doctors is that frequency of 1-2Hz, sustained over a few minutes, can lead to brain damage. We have 6-7Hz over several hours. So the answer is very easy: the FIA needs to do something about it."

"[15mm] is not as good as leaving it alone, [but] it's not as bad as the 25mm that was originally [suggested]. It's a compromise that we're just going to have to incorporate for next year," said tory cunt Christian Horner.

racingnews365.com

F1 teams agree compromise on technical amendment

With several F1 teams having suffered with bouncing so far in 2022, a compromise agreement has been reached with the FIA to raise the cars' floor edges by 15mm.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully, Mercedes will be 1s behind next year as well. That would be the perfect ending.

Last edited:

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
This is the problem, even if we accept that afternoon at Monza, Danny Ric was possessed by the ghost child of Michael Schumacher and Jim Clark, it was one race. Johnny Herbert won a race for Stewart, Pastor Maldonado won a race for Williams, Ivan Capelli won one for March a week after literally not being fast enough to be allowed to start the previous race.

Even with those 25 points, he had barely 2/3rds those of his teammate by the end of the year. He was nearly 2 entire race wins behind. He didn't stand on another podium that year, his teammate had 4. He lost races they both finished 14 to 6. He got his arse kicked.

And it's worse this year, he's got a quarter of his teammate's points right now. He's 8-3 down in races. His teammate has only failed to score points once since neither of them did in race 1. For Danny it's 7. They are 4 points behind Alpine, if they had 2 Norris they would be 53 points ahead.

It's bad and it's going in the wrong direction. Any team is going to be looking at that driver line up and thinking they need a change.

OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Because men like Wolff decide that being somewhat competitive is more important than their driver's health, yes.
These are the same teams that would drop the halo, hans, SIS, wheel tethers, etc in a heartbeat if it wasn't all mandatory. History has shown again and again that competitors cannot ever be trusted to do what is best for themselves physically if there is a chance to gain an advantage.

The only other way this was getting resolved was the fia making red bull tell everyone what magic they did. Bearing in mind Horner didn't even like the idea of being forced to raise the suspension even though his car wasn't apparently suffering in a way that would have made it necessary. Whether that was the principal of the matter rearing its head or him not wanting the fia poking around too much we'll never know. I'm generally disinclined to give him or Toto the benefit if the doubt.

Dec 4, 2017
The simplest way to get rid of oscillations would (have) be(en) unbanning the mass damper. This way every team could set whatever ride height and suspension stiffness they think works best for their car.

But, of course, that's a complete non-starter due to the FIA's idiotic internal politics.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
These are the same teams that would drop the halo, hans, SIS, wheel tethers, etc in a heartbeat if it wasn't all mandatory. History has shown again and again that competitors cannot ever be trusted to do what is best for themselves physically if there is a chance to gain an advantage.

The only other way this was getting resolved was the fia making red bull tell everyone what magic they did. Bearing in mind Horner didn't even like the idea of being forced to raise the suspension even though his car wasn't apparently suffering in a way that would have made it necessary. Whether that was the principal of the matter rearing its head or him not wanting the fia poking around too much we'll never know. I'm generally disinclined to give him or Toto the benefit if the doubt.
True. I just don't like the deflecting of responsibility and hypocrisy in that part of the sport, so I'll take any chance I can get to point it out.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
"[15mm] is not as good as leaving it alone, [but] it's not as bad as the 25mm that was originally [suggested]. It's a compromise that we're just going to have to incorporate for next year," said tory cunt Christian Horner.
"tory cunt"
??

Ivan Capelli won one for March
no win documented here:

The simplest way to get rid of oscillations would (have) be(en) unbanning the mass damper. This way every team could set whatever ride height and suspension stiffness they think works best for their car.

But, of course, that's a complete non-starter due to the FIA's idiotic internal politics.

what is and what is up with the mass damper?

Last edited:

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
To be clear I am not saying that Danny is just the fucking best. I'm just saying this complete dismissal of him is unfair to him in my opinion. I'll leave it at that I guess.

Now to see where he lands and whether or not it's somewhere that allows him to show McLaren the finger on occasion.

I think a move would be the right decision for him as well, as it's clear the McLaren is not a good fit. Win-win.

Yeah this was my understanding of it as well. Sure the money was good, but Danny didn't want to have to fight with his teammate and the team over who would get priority. So he went to a team where he would be the priority.

But Renault just sucked so he dipped.

McLaren could say the same about him, "Ricciardo sucked so we booted him"

(To be clear, I don't think any of them sucked, they just didn't meet expectations)

I think Ric was a bit unfair with Renault/Cyril back then, and you could see Cyril was pretty hurt by his departure.

Talking about Cyril I would give anything to see his reaction at these news, both from Renault and Ricciardo lol

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
They should just allow a less primitive suspension system, make it the same for all teams from the same manufacturer if it's a cost issue but that would very easily take care of the "oscillations" without needing to raise the car or trying to somehow aero your way out of it.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They should just allow a less primitive suspension system, make it the same for all teams from the same manufacturer if it's a cost issue but that would very easily take care of the "oscillations" without needing to raise the car or trying to somehow aero your way out of it.
Yeah, I think raising the floor will undo a lot of the gains this year as far as cars following closely goes? When you can achieve the same with fancier suspension, albeit at higher cost I guess?

Are they even going to start monitoring and penalizing for porpoising this year?

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
lol at people not realising Horner's a tory cunt and instead thinking he is just uber competitive

But feel free to become more entrenched

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Just looking at how many drivers live in Monaco or Switzerland to not pay taxes in their home countries should tell you everything.

Dec 4, 2017
Or they could (re)introduce the mass damper, which is a much easier fix, and its tune-ability lends it very well to different ride height/suspension stiffness set-ups.

what is and what is up with the mass damper?
You now remember the 2005-2006 fuckfest.

Renault+r26+Mass+Damper.png

Mar 4, 2021
Berlin, Germany
Some sports stars answered the question with Adolf Hitler and similarly questionable political personal.
It's a nothingburger.
Just looking at how many drivers live in Monaco or Switzerland to not pay taxes in their home countries should tell you everything.
Have fun proving they did it for tax reasons.
I'm pretty sure most people with a job not forcing them to stay at a certain place would do the same.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno...on my personal scorecard, Toto's current biggest "crime" is arguing that porpoising is a genuine safety issue that needs mandated rules to save teams from themselves (just like loads of other safety devices that make the cars slower than they could be). Several teams have had significant porpoising and several drivers have complained about it in the earlier season.

Horner's biggest "crime" is repeatedly stating that unless the budget cap was increased massively his team would have to miss several races and sack tens of staff, which played out over three months... all whilst Red Bull continually brought upgrades to every race and showed absolutely zero sign of trying to reduce their budget along the way.

Several other teams did lobby for, and vote for, a cap increase but they weren't all over the media about it using words like "catastrophe".

I have my personal view of who whinges more loudly, and publicly, in the name of "playing the game".

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Some sports stars answered the question with Adolf Hitler and similarly questionable political personal.
It's a nothingburger.

Have fun proving they did it for tax reasons.
I'm pretty sure most people with a job not forcing them to stay at a certain place would do the same.

Most people would also do it for tax reasons, yes, your second point proves the first lol

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
To be clear I am not saying that Danny is just the fucking best. I'm just saying this complete dismissal of him is unfair to him in my opinion. I'll leave it at that I guess.

Now to see where he lands and whether or not it's somewhere that allows him to show McLaren the finger on occasion.

karma for him ditching Renault after one season.

I'll be glad to see the back of him. One of the most overrated drivers in recent memory.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
If Ricciardo wants to race next season and can find a seat I expect that will save McLaren a few quid.

I would like to say Alpine may have that in mind, but then they don't seem to be handing contract negotiations very well so maybe not

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
The perfect result would be if Alpine develops an even better car for 2023 and Danny Ric somehow gets his mojo back and outperforms both Lando and Piastri all while enjoying his contract buyout bonus.

I mean he has been driving poorly for a while now but he's a fun guy so I'm still rooting for him.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
The perfect result would be if Alpine develops an even better car for 2023 and Danny Ric somehow gets his mojo back and outperforms both Lando and Piastri all while enjoying his contract buyout bonus.

I mean he has been driving poorly for a while now but he's a fun guy so I'm still rooting for him.

And Ocon...then he gets to tweet from a hammock :P

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea Alpine seems to have turned a corner with their PU development for this year at least. They might have some problems with leadership behind the scenes, but it still looks like a step up from Danny Ric's time with the team just a few years ago.

Dec 4, 2017

I'm so extremely not surprised that he doesn't give a shit. He knows he's untouchable because Rossi has his back. Only way he's bounced is if Rossi himself is tossed out. And the only instance for that to happen is if Renault decide to shutter their F1 efforts. Which, however, is not unthinkable. Renault's finances are not good, and the French government is looking a bit sickly as of late, money-wise.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Either way, Ricciardo payoff will still be less than Ferrari paid Raikkonen to do nothing for a year

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
I'll add my voice to the 'I like Dan, but feel McLaren is better off without him' vibe... and maybe vice versa. To those hating on the team, we honestly know nothing of what has been going on behind the scenes and how the driver feels about any deal that has been done. If he's getting a nice pay-off he might be very happy his miserable time with McLaren is over and he can move on. We may find out in due course, or we may not. He's my son's favorite driver, so he feels sad the way things have gone, but he also see's something has to give.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
True. I just don't like the deflecting of responsibility and hypocrisy in that part of the sport, so I'll take any chance I can get to point it out.

What deflecting of responsibility or hypocrisy?

Safety is literally the FIA's job, and literally not the team's job, because everyone knows, understands, and accepts that the teams can't be trusted with it.

Wolff isn't expressing some new or controversial position: This is clearly a safety issue, so clearly the FIA need to solve it. You going after him for it has extreme bitch-eating-crackers energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.