• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, you're a LISA fan too? We're set, brother.
JqYTmjn.gif

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With yesterday's update, we have reached 50 total games so far.

The scientists have barely made a dent in the history of fighting games.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Somehow I missed this thread months ago when it was created.

Holy shit that list is bad..to the point that it has to be a not so subtle troll.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I cant wait to see people get mad at the list again without knowing what it is.

ethranes

A King's Landing
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is fantastic, didn't see it until now, I miss the old whiteboard.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'm an old fart from the UK with very little knowledge in the way Giant Bomb thinks, though they often strike me in E3 coverage, etc as a group of cynical contrarians, but I find it hard to believe that they think the highest ranked fighter on the Saturn is "Battle Monsters".
The Saturn FFS!

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can't believe people are still questioning The Almighty List.

One day they will find the truth, and the best fighting game in history will be revealed to us all.

It better be Dong Dong Never Dies

Nov 3, 2017
Dammit, man! It isn't science without IK+!

They've had some funding difficulties and research materials are expensive. Do you want them to rush it and review the Speccy version? It's only £2.99 on ebay. Have patience and be calm like Sagan. This Little Blue Dot is home to possibly the only fighting game video games in the Universe. This is important work, it can't be rushed or taken lightly.

Less McCoy, More Sagan.

Last edited:

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
List in the OP is woefully out of date. There's been so much more science done that needs to be reported.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an old fart from the UK with very little knowledge in the way Giant Bomb thinks, though they often strike me in E3 coverage, etc as a group of cynical contrarians, but I find it hard to believe that they think the highest ranked fighter on the Saturn is "Battle Monsters".
The Saturn FFS!
We have science in the UK as well, so please show your working if you want to challenge the list.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I can't believe anyone disagrees with this list, it's just plain science. Science is fact. What's not to get here?

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
Just joined the thread, and as a person who was hype for it back in high school as it was being announced and developed, SvC Chaos does not deserve to be as high as it is among the NeoGeo fighters. Especially not above WH2 Jet, where while it isn't "Perfect", it's still a decent fighter for its time, and more competent than poor SvC where Sagat can't even hit you with fireballs at point blank range because they go past the opponent's body. To miss such a fact in front of their eyes is unacceptable. I bid to you good day.

(Although SFxT being that high up is also surprising. I don't think that one is a bad game, I just wouldn't be surprised if its place in the rankings doesn't shrink once they go deeper and deeper into fighting game history...)

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe people are still questioning The Almighty List.

One day they will find the truth, and the best fighting game in history will be revealed to us all.

It better be Dong Dong Never Dies
There is only one game with multiple Jackies Chan, and that game must be the top ranked fighter of all time.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Saturn FFS!
Science don't lie.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not a fighting game expert but there's no way sonic the fighters is better than deadliest warrior

I just read through the last few pages of this thread and dudes getting very angry about this list and their process will never not be funny

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You just can't deny science. This process looks mathematically accurate to me.

SaitoH

Oct 27, 2017
You can't argue with math.

Minor gripe: They should be wearing lab coats while executing science.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Saturn FFS!

Science takes time and so they probably have not performed science on the other Saturn games yet.

And they are not as cynical as era likes to make them out to be. They don't cry and scream into a pillow like some of the fake reactions era likes but they do get excited at things like Mario oddesy, Hitman, dragon quest, Mario Maker and dreams to name a few. They have also been in the industry long enough not to freak out over FF7R as they correctly realize was not coming out anytime soon.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
What makes it so great particularly?

I always preferred 2D fighters so maybe I even saw it back in the day but ignored it. What's the best way to play these days?
You'll probably have to track down a disc, sadly. Both it and its sequel are sorely in need of a rerelease.

Rival Schools is taking high school clubs/tropes and turning them all into over the top fighting game characters. There's a guy that plays baseball, a volleyball player, delinquents, teachers.

It's a 2v2 3D fighter, but it mainly takes place on a single plane with a 3D dodge. It has Marvel vs style action. Project Justice on Dreamcast is the sequel and ups it to 3v3, but that one is even harder to find.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You'll probably have to track down a disc, sadly. Both it and its sequel are sorely in need of a rerelease.

Rival Schools is taking high school clubs/tropes and turning them all into over the top fighting game characters. There's a guy that plays baseball, a volleyball player, delinquents, teachers.

It's a 2v2 3D fighter, but it mainly takes place on a single plane with a 3D dodge. It has Marvel vs style action. Project Justice on Dreamcast is the sequel and ups it to 3v3, but that one is even harder to find.
Project Justice and Rival Schools are basically perfect.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My first time managing to catch this thread and its funny to see that, despite it being older, people still dont understand the sweet science.

Oct 28, 2017
My favorite video series coming out of the west coast office. I only wish it were every Monday.

And hell yeah I agree with the list. How can you not? Shit's science!

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Hell yes I do

Deadliest Warrior is absolute garbage but I love it so much
Asuka 120% should be even higher too goddammit