Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
If they were to make Midgar one game, it's going to need more than three episodes. Midgar leaves a big impression and it can feel like quite a journey, because so much happens in such a short amount of time, but it's a relatively short part of the game. Maybe 7 hours. Even if they can stretch it out, and they will, it doesn't change the fact that they have a lot outside of Midgar to cover as well. There are many posts that suggest the ship in Junon, but it's easy to forget that the first continent consists of little more than Midgar, Kalm (flashback), and Junon.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 being only Midgar is crazy talk. Imagine how claustrophobic the game would feel.
Always thought it sounded crazy too and would dissappoint especially newcomers who expected a huge adventure and then only get to play in a dark, gritty city, but the more I think about it, I doubt BD1 is capable of getting any part of the world map finished for Part 1 for 2019 if it would end, let's say, at the cargo ship, since that would include Kalm, Nibelheim for the flashback, Chocobo ranch, swamp, caves, Fort Condor, and then Junon including the military parade and the the cargo ship - all that in addition to Midgar. But then Part 2 would pretty much have to cover the whole rest of the world. In that case a 3-years gap between Part 1 and 2 would probably not be unrealistic :grimacing:

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I certainly hope they expand Midgar a lot more than the original game. At least 2x~3x or more. The whole part 1 shouldn't be just Midgar but I want it to be big part.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 fight with jenova in the ship
Part 2 fight with jenova in the forgotten capital
Part 3 rest of the game

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I think having voiced cutscenes alone could already increase the time it would take to get through Midgar a lot and walking around the larger 3D maps will take more time too than just a few screens per area. Combat might be quicker though since it's real-time and seamless.

Part 1 fight with jenova in the ship
Part 2 fight with jenova in the forgotten capital
Part 3 rest of the game
Yeah, I always had the same idea. Doubt they could make Part 1 like that and get it out next year, but who knows, I guess.

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think having voiced cutscenes alone could already increase the time it would take to get through Midgar a lot and walking around the larger 3D maps will take more time too than just a few screens per area. Combat might be quicker though since it's real-time and seamless.

Yeah, I always had the same idea. Doubt they could make Part 1 like that and get it out next year, but who knows, I guess.
I can see midgar to be part 1, But then would be 4-5 parts i think

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 with leaving the first continent on the ship just feels right

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I can see midgar to be part 1, But then would be 4-5 parts i think
Nah, gonna be 3 at most. More than that would be crazy, especially if there's at least 2 years between the games. And how many people would be willing to pay $60 five times for the whole thing? Would get a huge backlash and they'd probably decide to reduce the number then.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, gonna be 3 at most. More than that would be crazy, especially if there's at least 2 years between the games. And how many people would be willing to pay $60 five times for the whole thing? Would get a huge backlash and they'd probably decide to reduce the number then.

The weird thing is that they apparently got rid of their partners to make the game internally. Which doesn't make sense because I thought they were making all the parts at the same time so they can release it on a tight window. But if they do everything by themselves, this means it's going to take years and years to get the complete story. At that point the move is going to be solely to recoup the costs.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
We can barely see anything from such captures and angles and is barely news worthy. I would have expected more gameplay leaks at least.

FromAshesRise

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It still blows my mind that even with SE's new management that has never once overlooked a massive delay that people keep mememing about how this game will never come out.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
The weird thing is that they apparently got rid of their partners to make the game internally. Which doesn't make sense because I thought they were making all the parts at the same time so they can release it on a tight window. But if they do everything by themselves, this means it's going to take years and years to get the complete story. At that point the move is going to be solely to recoup the costs.
Yeah, been wondering too. I mean, obviously they'll still work with external outsourcing studios for asset creation like basically every AAA game nowadays - including FFXV, KH3, Uncharted games (slides on U3's collaboration) etc., but CyberConnect2 apparently weren't just making assets for FFVIIR and rather made the actual game itself with BD1 supervising. So yeah, now the games will either have to be made consecutively or they stock up their team size heavily and try to get work done simultaneously. That requires very good management and leadership, though. Hopefully they found good producers and (co-)directors who can get the jobs done.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Also, remember this game isn't a 1:1. New scenarios will be added, plus I'm sure somethings will be removed or remixed. For instance, Cloud and the dolphin (bottomswell).

It's a brand new take on FF7 so it's best to expect the unexpected to not get disappointed.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Also, remember this game isn't a 1:1. New scenarios will be added, plus I'm sure somethings will be removed or remixed. For instance, Cloud and the dolphin (bottomswell).

It's a brand new take on FF7 so it's best to expect the unexpected to not get disappointed.
No dolphin-riding section, no buy.

7wLyuot.png

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Those are still quite monster-ish monsters. The better question is what they're gonna do with these ones, haha:

latest

477edd0a82525f45b17a2bafaa16ea89.jpg

1apJPpl.png

Especially the house one in the Midgar slums :D Wonder if that one will still be in.
While I DOUBT this will happen, I HOPE they keep the monster variety similar to that in the original game. FFVII was the last great FF with good enemy variety, and that doesn't just mean lots of unique monsters, but also how you didin't get a lot of the same monsters in multiple locations. For instance, there was things you ONLY fought in the Train Graveyard that you'd never fight again, and things you'd fight in the Sewers like Ceasers and Sahagins that you'd never fight again (with the exception of stronger, pallet-swapped versions that you'd encounter later in the game). Usually, not counting MMORPGs, the amount of great, unique enemies in modern, HD games pales in comparison to older games unless they are patched in with later updates. With a game like FFVII that had lots of memorable enemies, that kinda scares me.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
While I DOUBT this will happen, I HOPE they keep the monster variety similar to that in the original game. FFVII was the last great FF with good enemy variety, and that doesn't just mean lots of unique monsters, but also how you didin't get a lot of the same monsters in multiple locations. For instance, there was things you ONLY fought in the Train Graveyard that you'd never fight again, and things you'd fight in the Sewers like Ceasers and Sahagins that you'd never fight again (with the exception of stronger, pallet-swapped versions that you'd encounter later in the game). Usually, not counting MMORPGs, the amount of great, unique enemies in modern, HD games pales in comparison to older games unless they are patched in with later updates. With a game like FFVII that had lots of memorable enemies, that kinda scares me.
Even before The HD era 10 and 12 never had anywhere near 7s enemy variety

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, people forget that this new Midgar isn't going to be a few dozen pre-rendered back grounds.

6d37115b9a9a65e398434e353fd6a565.png
I know this CG shot of Midgar is from the FFXR thing but I think they're using the design of the FF7R Midgar as the basis for it here, so we may be able to make out some of the streets that'll be actually created within the game.
OnP2nEJ.jpg

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing these artworks makes me really excited about how Square will implement the unique towns in regions in the Remake. Looks like ton of work and demonstrates how about ambitious and huge this remake actually can be

if yukai is anything like that it would be freaking awesome

GUTS

Oct 26, 2017
If they were going to cancel this game it would have happened after they removed CC2 from the project. This is Square Enix's most anticipated game since the merger, they aren't going to cancel it.
I know, I'm only half-joking there. Of course I'd like to play this game, but just the thought of the sheer amount of content this game would have just seems... insane to me. There's no way they're gonna release this game without cutting a lot of corners and what we're ended up getting is something that doesn't live up to everyone's expectation.

But that's just me being paranoid, and of course I'd like to be proven wrong by SE.

Last edited:

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Everyone wondering how they'll handle monsters and I'm here thinking about

DUE9ZW3W4AAMeL2.jpg

tumblr_nq0rbdIyIJ1u6i0ico1_500.png

maxresdefault.jpg

FF7-7.jpg

tumblr_inline_mtc7zy5Mjt1rithpk.jpg

https://www./proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FVRRItYI.jpg&hash=2ea5d09c0c8e91b741fdb4ea67ae05d9

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Yeah the "under the highwind" scene should be very interesting, especially since we got a "toned down" version in the final game. Maybe they'll go down the original route where they disappear into the chocobo stable and have Tifa looking around before they come out the morning after XD

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

I'd be ok with everything if the new stuff is not some tacked-on FF7 compilation scenarios. I'd be positively pissed if it's stuff about Cissnei, Angeal's granddad or whatever else.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 being only Midgar is crazy talk. Imagine how claustrophobic the game would feel.

They could just move the Kalm flashback into Midgar, that way you get to see a very different location and you get introduced to the archvillain Sephiroth (though Rufus should still be the main villain of Part 1).

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know Its not from this game. But please Square triple triad.

From the og ff7 minigames, i want:

- Bike minigame
- mog Dumb minigame
- chocobo Race
- snowboard
- parade

Need changes

- Fort condor
- hot and cold

Dont want:

RollerCoaster
Fighting
Submarine
Arm wrestling
Basketball

Forgetting anything?

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI

- Bike minigame
- mog Dumb minigame
- chocobo Race
- snowboard
- parade

Need changes

- Fort condor
- hot and cold

Dont want:

RollerCoaster
Fighting
Submarine
Arm wrestling
Basketball

Forgetting anything?
Chocobo hot and cold is from IX

And you forgot the battle square. That'll definitely be back as some variation of it seems to be in every FF.

Holy smokes VII had a lot of minigames though.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017

- Bike minigame
- mog Dumb minigame
- chocobo Race
- snowboard
- parade

Need changes

- Fort condor
- hot and cold

Dont want:

RollerCoaster
Fighting
Submarine
Arm wrestling
Basketball

Forgetting anything?
You forgot the minigame with Tifa and Kya-ha-ha slapping each other on top of the cannon, I can't wait to see that in HD.
(Though I don't know if you can really say that's a minigame or just a short QTE sequence)

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
You forgot the minigame with Tifa and Kya-ha-ha slapping each other on top of the cannon, I can't wait to see that in HD.
(Though I don't know if you can really say that's a minigame or just a short QTE sequence)

I thought about it and Tifa is definitely more than able to punch her ass back to the shadow realm. She's a martial artist and Scarlet is a scientist I mean come on. The cat fight minigame is going to be awkward if they do it 1:1