• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I only beat FF7 remake about a week ago, no regrets I loved it and will play this day 1 on hard.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pity you fools who played this already instead of waiting for the superior version for modern hardware we all knew would be coming.

My virgin eyeballs will soak up these 2021 graphics.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
please, could anyone explain how the PS5 upgrades work in general regarding the trophies?
Will there be a new trophy list or do they share the same list when you already have platinumed the PS4 version?

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
please, could anyone explain how the PS5 upgrades work in general regarding the trophies?
Will there be a new trophy list or do they share the same list when you already have platinumed the PS4 version?

I think a lot of confusion can be traced back to the word "upgrade". With previous PS4>PS5 games, it's not an upgrade or patch that you download that transforms your PS4 game to a PS5 game; and I don't expect FF7:RI to be different. The 'free upgrade' is an entitlement to the PS5 version of the game if you own the current PS4 version. The PS5 version is it's own SKU, it will have it's own list of trophies (which might be exactly the same as the PS4 version's trp[hies). Its up to the developers if they want to automatically 'pop' the trophies if you already achieved them in the PS4 game. Insomniac did this with Spider-Man on PS5.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
I think a lot of confusion can be traced back to the word "upgrade". With previous PS4>PS5 games, it's not an upgrade or patch that you download that transforms your PS4 game to a PS5 game; and I don't expect FF7:RI to be different. The 'free upgrade' is an entitlement to the PS5 version of the game if you own the current PS4 version. The PS5 version is it's own SKU, it will have it's own list of trophies (which might be exactly the same as the PS4 version's trp[hies). Its up to the developers if they want to automatically 'pop' the trophies if you already achieved them in the PS4 game. Insomniac did this with Spider-Man on PS5.
Many thanks for explaining! I appreciate it as I do not own a PS5 yet and was curious about it.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if I understand

-owner of ff7 remake PS4 have free upgradeto ps5 but a version that doesn't exist in the store as the only one for ps5 already include yuffie dlc which will be available to purchase separately

am i right?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
So if I understand

-owner of ff7 remake PS4 have free upgradeto ps5 but a version that doesn't exist in the store as the only one for ps5 already include yuffie dlc which will be available to purchase separately

am i right?

Owner of PS4 version >Gets PS5 version for free> Can then purchase Yuffie DLC

Owner of PS+ version does not get PS5 version for free

Yuffie DLC is not available on PS4.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah. Same. Okay. Hence why ps5 version is unavailable on the store for me. I like to redeem free things for ... collection purpose. I have digital deluxe ff7 remake purchased on my us account and I'll redeem ff7 ok my ps+ euro or shoud I avoid doing it

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I wonder if this will clarify how people outside of the main party perceive the ending of FFVII Remake and

Whether we changed the past of our own timeline or the other scenes were from an alternate timeline altogether.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Same. Okay. Hence why ps5 version is unavailable on the store for me. I like to redeem free things for ... collection purpose. I have digital deluxe ff7 remake purchased on my us account and I'll redeem ff7 ok my ps+ euro or shoud I avoid doing it
This is what I also want to know.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Huhhh, interesting. I assume this Yuffie story is a tease for the eventual introduction in the Sequel.

Also, as an aside I really enjoyed FF7 Remake especially the story cutscenes.
But the drawn out sections of the game were annoying and the "cosmic" ending stuff was way too bonkers for me, I legit thought I was fighting one of the Planets "Weapons" at the end until a friend had to explain the "cosmic" fate crap to me. And then I was like... "Oh... oh no..."

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Huhhh, interesting. I assume this Yuffie story is a tease for the eventual introduction in the Sequel.

Also, as an aside I really enjoyed FF7 Remake especially the story cutscenes. But the drawn out sections of the game were annoying and the "cosmic" ending stuff was way too bonkers for me, I legit thought I was fighting one of the Planets "Weapons" at the end until a friend had to explain the "cosmic" fate crap to me.

And then I was like... "Oh... oh no..."

I would suggest go careful with the spoilers, not everyone entering here has played the game.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Vincent could be incorporated into this. Is it necessary for him to be slumbering in the casket at the Shinra Mansion, like the original, or could they change up things to introduce him early... Hmm.
Vincent was also in Midgar. He was in Hojo's lab under the floorboards. The DLC will take place there

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017

The Spider-Man trophies only popped if you had the save file still correct?

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Vincent was also in Midgar. He was in Hojo's lab under the floorboards. The DLC will take place there

I don't mind Yuffie being involved (but separate) this early, especially considering the remake is rewriting Wutai to be a much larger presence in the world. As long as she canonically joins the group later this is ignorable filler at worst.

The Deepground/Weiss stuff is fraught no matter how you slice it, though. Would be funny if her entire sidequest somehow stops Dirge of Cerberus from happening. (trips and unplugs Weiss's refrigeration or something)

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Y'all planning on doing your 2nd playthrough with native 4K30fps or 1080p(?) 60fps?
Like with several other games nowadays, I hold off from buying the original release to wait for the inevitable 60fps edition.

Well, I sorta never got to playing it last year so it'll be my first playthrough, but 60FPS all the way. I'm all for smooth games, and it already looked fantastic in that trailer 60fps. Sorta happy I waited, this is an awesome upgrade.
Yes, same!

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I noticed the PS5 digital deluxe description doesn't mention the Carbunble and Cactuar summons.
Are these still obtainable for new players? Chocobo Chick too?

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
The Spider-Man trophies only popped if you had the save file still correct?

Yes you had to "export" the save with the PS4 Spider-Man game through the game's main menu and import it in the PS5 version, it probably works through Insomniacs servers. No Man's Sky did it similarly as well. A bit cumbersome but I guess thats because they switched savegame formats or something like that.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna upgrade to the PS5 version and play through until I finish and platinum it again.
Then buy Intergrade for the physical box, and boxart and Yuffie DLC included.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I am hoping for a fresh trophy list with the PS5 version. I already have the platinum for the PS4 version so hopefully I can do it again.

Unfortunately it's out the day before Ratchet so I am torn between which to play first.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

Yep. I was on the PS5 store today but there's currently no way to preorder the Yuffie DLC separate from Intergrade. Went on ahead an installed FFVII on my PS5 in anticipation of the PS5 upgrade. For those on disc, like myself, note that the digital upgrade to FFVII from disc will still require disc to launch.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VJHF7I1.png

Wtf

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I am hoping for a fresh trophy list with the PS5 version. I already have the platinum for the PS4 version so hopefully I can do it again.

Unfortunately it's out the day before Ratchet so I am torn between which to play first.
I don't think any PS5 games share a trophy list with its PS4 counterpart so it should be fresh.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

Gotta be Ratchet first

I'm stupidly excited for this release but Ratchet is still newer, Yuffie DLC aside

Status
Not open for further replies.