What should happen to Aerith in the FFVIIR saga?

• She should die, it's her destiny

Votes: 395 57.7%
  • She should live, fuck destiny

Votes: 289 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I put together a spoilercast with my friend where we talk about our feelings on the ending and the game overall. I really think this may be my favorite game and I think the fan meta-commentary was a big part of that.
podcasts.google.com

Google Podcasts

With Google Podcasts, you can find and listen to the world's podcasts for free.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for all the inevitable Schrödinger's Zack memes that will come out of this game.

Is Zack dead ? Is he alive ? CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE CANON

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
While I liked the music, I feel it often when overboard with the orchestration. I wish they took the change to be more diverse in style, specially JENOVA quickening is perfect for a epic synthwave remix. But oh well...just nitpicking.

Well, maybe for FFVIII Remake:

I really like that a lot. I'm a huge fan of the orchestration of remixes so that's why I like the Jenova bit a lot. Going back to hearing the original, yeah. I think you may be right with it needing just a little more synth. But hey, we got more Jenova fights in the future. Maybe we'll get it.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game on hard. Man what a ride that was. No items and having to be very conservative with MP. Those final fights were a nightmare and I was dreading it but managed to beat it on the 2nd try. Just the remaining trophies to gather now.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine not liking Tifa in the remake

As someone who's grown to hate cutesy anime mannerisms, I can easily imagine it. Yeah, she's always been like that, but it's much easier for them to go over your head when you watch the original models on PS1, so many people (like myself) had a very different impression on what her character was like originally compared to what it was always supposed to be. Yeah, being a punch-girl is badass, but personality-wise she's much more reserved, subdued and unsure of herself.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, it's just the whiplash from what most people thought her personality was like compared to what it actually was like.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for all the inevitable Schrödinger's Zack memes that will come out of this game.

Is Zack dead ? Is he alive ? CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE CANON

They could use Zack to create a spin-off series that reuses Midgar assets. I can't imagine those were to cheap to make.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They could use Zack to create a spin-off series that reuses Midgar assets. I can't imagine those were to cheap to make.

If they make a spin-off game or DLC expansion, then people will just complain more. "They're changing the core canon of the game just to milk their franchise more how dare they!"

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I know I joked about it, but I hope we don't get more stupid spin-off. Do 2 more sequels and call it a day. The end. No more compilation, no more stupid cross media shit. Don't make the same mistake as KH.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they make a spin-off game or DLC expansion, then people will just complain more. "They're changing the core canon of the game just to milk their franchise more how dare they!"

How is it core though? It happens in a completely separate timeline. A sort of what-if scenario.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay everytime I rewatch the Marlene scene with Aerith I get teary eyed. The VA from that kid was amazing.
Tifa in Remake is exactly how I pictured her in OG. Aeris stan here.
I think she was awful in the original game but the Remake definitely made her worse at points. I think Cloud had to rescue her at least 10-15 times which is a fucking LOT for a character that is supposed to be a "badass"

I can say they did a much better job writing her and Aeriths friendship. The only time it was poorly done is when they felt the need to write in her jealousy and insecurity about Aerith. You have Jessie throwing herself at Cloud but no reaction yet Aerith just being there makes her jealous?

Oct 25, 2017
I know I joked about it, but I hope we don't get more stupid spin-off. Do 2 more sequels and call it a day. The end. No more compilation, no more stupid cross media shit. Don't make the same mistake as KH.
I hear ya but it kinda feels like that's exactly what that ending possibly sets up. They can do a bunch of different stuff now cuz of timelines and dimensions or whatever

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
Any hints on what console part 2 will be on? Remember reading somewhere that Kitase hinted at a PS4 version... God, I really don't want that! Seeing Cloud crawling and trying to squeeze through tight walls was just... The game is gorgeous, but the game badly needed/needs the PS5.

I'd imagine the PS5 will let them go open-world fairly easily, by comparison. They're just no way any Highwind section can be made with todays technology!

I want this type of shit, right here!

The SSD is what will allow a seamless transition, so imagine this...

15b2eb06d4b2bb90d7a53b1e32f20c6b.gif

But in real-time!

This won't be possible on the PS4. Heck, I'm almost doubting Square could pull it off with the PS5 (it should be more than capable of handling it though).

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who's grown to hate cutesy anime mannerisms, I can easily imagine it. Yeah, she's always been like that, but it's much easier for them to go over your head when you watch the original models on PS1, so many people (like myself) had a very different impression on what her character was like originally compared to what it was always supposed to be. Yeah, being a punch-girl is badass, but personality-wise she's much more reserved, subdued and unsure of herself.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, it's just the whiplash from what most people thought her personality was like compared to what it actually was like.

I dunno if I actually just got used to the anime mannerisms, because they really annoyed me in chapter 3, but I thought they mostly went away in later chapters.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I think she was awful in the original game but the Remake definitely made her worse at points. I think Cloud had to rescue her at least 10-15 times which is a fucking LOT for a character that is supposed to be a "badass"
The thing is tho my problem with Tifa is she's always felt to me like the character who's had to pick up Cloud's shit all the time. I think this very small part of the overall arc maybe overemphasises the parts where she might be a damsel but I don't remember OG very well right now and remake is a bit of a blur

But anyway I digress, Tifa < Aeris.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017

Hope springs eternal. At one time a big appeal to the entire Final Fantasy franchise to me was that each game was it's own self contained story that would be allowed to end. I really dislike cross media stuff on top of my preference for set planned stories as opposed to ongoings.

I can say they did a much better job writing her and Aeriths friendship. The only time it was poorly done is when they felt the need to write in her jealously and insecurity about Aerith. You have Jessie throwing herself at Cloud but no reaction yet Aerith just being there makes her jealous?

Clearly proof that Tifa is also time traveling and know what was coming for Jessie.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any hints on what console part 2 will be on? Remember reading somewhere that Kitase hinted at a PS4 version... God, I really don't want that! Seeing Cloud crawling and trying to squeeze through tight walls was just... The game is gorgeous, but the game badly needed/needs the PS5.

I'd imagine the PS5 will let them go open-world fairly easily, by comparison. They're just no way any Highwind section can be made with todays technology!

I want this type of shit, right here!

The SSD is what will allow a seamless transition, so imagine this...

15b2eb06d4b2bb90d7a53b1e32f20c6b.gif

But in real-time!

This won't be possible on the PS4. Heck, I'm almost doubting Square could pull it off with the PS5 (it should be more than capable of handling it though).

I'd bet a dollar that Part 2 releases as a next-gen only. It'll be releasing 2 - 3 years into the lifespan of the console.

I also think they'll be releasing on all systems (PC + XBox) once they realize how many sales they forewent for Part 1 with the PS exclusivity. Yes, PS is still by far their strongest performer, but it's far from insignificant.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Okay everytime I rewatch the Marlene scene with Aerith I get teary eyed. The VA from that kid was amazing

Yeah that voice actor really surprised me. She sounded so damn good! Her and whoever voiced the little girl who wants you to find her cats in chapter 3. I've never heard that convincing child actors in a rpg before

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Okay everytime I rewatch the Marlene scene with Aerith I get teary eyed. The VA from that kid was amazing.

I can say they did a much better job writing her and Aeriths friendship. The only time it was poorly done is when they felt the need to write in her jealousy and insecurity about Aerith. You have Jessie throwing herself at Cloud but no reaction yet Aerith just being there makes her jealous?
Aerith was kind of an unknown, Jessie was apparently known to be like that and the other Avalanche members seem to warn Cloud about it. Tifa had known Jessie for a while and probably brushed it off.

When you help Tifa up first in the sewers, the first thing she does is ask "how do you know her? Who is she?"

It's the uncertainty that makes her nervous, I think. Jessie is just being Jessie

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Aerith was kind of an unknown, Jessie was apparently known to be like that and the other Avalanche members seem to warn Cloud about it. Tifa had known Jessie for a while and probably brushed it off.

When you help Tifa up first in the sewers, the first thing she does is ask "how do you know her? Who is she?"

It's the uncertainty that makes her nervous, I think. Jessie is just being Jessie
It's still a gross trait for her character. In the original game I could at least see how she got upset in the prison cells because Cloud and Aerith talked about going on a date.

In this she just found out her entire home and friends are at risk of being crushed by the plate and was just dropped into the sewers but feels the need to question who Aerith is to Cloud enough to make him even feel guilty because he obviously likes Aerith. People complain that picking Aerith gives you a short pointless scene but it actually shows Aerith cares more about the issue at hand.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I know people shit on the ending writing but I really loved Aerith's "freedom.... boundless, terrifying freedom" line. And her "I already miss the steel sky" one

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished. Well.. chapters 1-16 were pretty damn cool. Really didn't like the last two though. I've never wanted a game to end as much as I wanted this to end. But I did really enjoyed chapters 1-16 so I guess overall I liked it but man the end really left me feeling down about it.

Mephaisto

Mar 25, 2018
What I really don't understand..who is the Sephiroth we fight at the end? During the game it is Marco or another clone. But this final one? His body should be in the northern crater. Could it be Jenovas body? Though we last see it being carried by another body. I wonder why they changed that. In the original Jenovas body just transforms into Sephiroth, now it needs to carried. Seems like an unnecessary change. I cant imagine it is another clone, if so he should not be that powerful.

And I wonder if the scene after the Harbinger is defeated is just the "rule of cool" or actually means something. Sephiroth is clearly absorbing the whispers..does he just finish them off or something? Found that kind of weird.

Also didn't like that the superboss was gated behind a boss gauntlet, so he was pretty easy. Bahamut + ifrit was harder.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Absolutely adored the game from start to finish, even though the last chapter was maybe a tad too KH2-y for my taste.

I'm now as hyped for Final Fantasy VII-2 as I was for Kingdom Hearts 3 back when I first saw Sora and Riku get that letter.

Meta-Nomura is the best Nomura, right up there with Taro and Suda.

Oct 31, 2017
I thought the sidequests in Chapters 3 and 8 were boring af but I'm liking the quests in Chapter 14 more. Probably because the game feels a little more open.

I'm almost used to the constant ladders and crouching and crawling. Almost. Still not used to the constant unnecessary as fuck forced walking sections.

I love this game but my god those two issues are irritating.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
What I really don't understand..who is the Sephiroth we fight at the end? During the game it is Marco or another clone. But this final one? His body should be in the northern crater. Could it be Jenovas body? Though we last see it being carried by another body. I wonder why they changed that. In the original Jenovas body just transforms into Sephiroth, now it needs to carried. Seems like an unnecessary change. I cant imagine it is another clone, if so he should not be that powerful.

And I wonder if the scene after the Harbinger is defeated is just the "rule of cool" or actually means something. Sephiroth is clearly absorbing the whispers..does he just finish them off or something? Found that kind of weird.

Also didn't like that the superboss was gated behind a boss gauntlet, so he was pretty easy. Bahamut + ifrit was harder.
I personally think theres 2 Sephiroths running around. The clones with Jenova cells and this super enlightened one from the end.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth was able to retain his sense of self in the Lifestream by focusing on his hatred for Cloud. Cloud's memories of him are what help him keep coming back.

You'd need to off Cloud for Sephiroth to have no tether to the human world.
Cloud is the one that dies and Aerith lives, but because of her connection to the Planet, she can tell the Lifestream the aid Cloud's spirit. Sephiroth's soul and Cloud's soul battle in the final of final face-offs and Sephiroth's soul are destroyed. The Lifestream agrees to help Cloud, as per Aerith's request, and as Meteor approaches, the Lifestream shoots out of the planet and forms into a giant Busters Sword, slicing through the Meteor. Smaller fragments go hurdling to the Planet and smaller Buster Swords form and demolish those ones as well. People look up to the skies in awe as many sized Lifestream Buster Swords obliterate every bit of that Meteor. Then, you see the giant Busters Sword spin around (if it was about to be put away by a giant Cloud) and vanish into the night's sky as if nothing ever happened.

Weeros

Apr 11, 2020
I thought the sidequests in Chapters 3 and 8 were boring af but I'm liking the quests in Chapter 14 more. Probably because the game feels a little more open.

For some reason that made me realize this is a game where you're trying to find some cats that a five-year old kid lost at the playground, but also a game where you enter a singularity outside time-space continuum, fly around, cut some skyscrapers with your sword and fight the physical embodiment of destiny to the death. Really hammers down the tonal inconsistencies everyone is talking about..

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
My weapons aren't lvl 6 so I don't have reprieve, what's the fastest way for me to get the last 4 SP?

I've got all the manuscripts
I played some hard mode chapters, then reset some weapons at Chadley to properly spec up. If you want to know which chapters you can do to quickly get 1 manuscript each for Cloud, aerith and Tifa, I say do chapter 2, part of chapter 3 and part of chapter 8. Chapter 2 huntsman should give you a cloud manuscript while each sidequest in chapter 3 and 8 gets you one for Tifa and Aerith I think.

Jun 11, 2019
It's still a gross trait for her character. In the original game I could at least see how she got upset in the prison cells because Cloud and Aerith talked about going on a date.

In this she just found out her entire home and friends are at risk of being crushed by the plate and was just dropped into the sewers but feels the need to question who Aerith is to Cloud enough to make him even feel guilty because he obviously likes Aerith. People complain that picking Aerith gives you a short pointless scene but it actually shows Aerith cares more about the issue at hand.
I mean, I dunno, don't you think that might be projecting a little bit onto Tifa? That whole sequence of events is pretty much Tifa in a semi-constant state of self-doubt and paranoia, she just got told her second home's about to get destroyed and there's this new person she barely knows and she's wondering how and why Cloud got someone involved in what she thinks is their own problem.

Dunno, I just really don't care for making it seem like Tifa is this petty self-absorbed person, it cheapens both her and her friendship with Aerith. But that's just my take, is all.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Replaying the game and I'm going through The Jessie Job chapter. So sad knowing that Jessie and her family are most likely dead at the end of this.

Oct 27, 2017
May I advise to play this little nifty game called Crisis Core ? /jk

Seriously though, maybe we'll see more of Midgar in part 2 ? After all, now everything is possible. I feel like they won't deviate *too far* from the events of FFVII though. I feel like they gave themselves an easy way for radically changing certain things, adding new stuff and surprise us.

I feel like there a two types of fans : those who wanted the remake closest to the original FF7, like wanting a graphical update and those who wanted something different to make the playthrough feel fresh. You may guess which ones were disappointed by the direction they took with FF7R

Replaying the game and I'm going through The Jessie Job chapter. So sad knowing that Jessie and her family are most likely dead at the end of this.
That's why I felt uneasy throughout the chapter, because part of me expected the gut punch that would come with Jessie's death while part of me was like "maybeeeee they'll change stuff, after all Jessie's a minor character they might change her fate, unlike Aerith".
Boy I was wrong.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I just beat the game, and I loved it. I don't know if I'd call it a good ending, and alot of shit is confusing - but it made me super fucking happy.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
So... I finished the game last night and posted here saying that I would try to piece my thoughts together on the ending.

As I played the game, I had already theorized that the remake was operating on some kind of "New Game +" timeline from the original game and that Aerith and Sephirot were their PS1 counterparts. The scenes with Sephiroth at the beginning alluding to a reunion would make the player think he's talking about the Nibelheim incident, but when the Whispers started appearing and were always trying to keep the game events as close as possible to the original game, I figured out there was someone/something trying to mess with the timeline.

I thought the foreshadowing with Aerith (her knowing how events would play out, the shady camera shots whenever something suspicious came up and the flashforwards) would lead to the reveal that Sephirot and Aerith came back to the planet at the end of the original game, reincarnating on another timeline thanks to the Lifestream. I thought this would lead to an interesting dynamic between these characters and the rest of the group since Aerith would surely keep stuff hidden from them in order to succeed again in her mission.

Overall, I really liked the game up until Chapter 18. The changes up until that point were all on point with the original game and setting. However... that last chapter was really upsetting. First of all, I want to say that I have no problem with this being a sequel, with the story having big changes and I even supported the project regularly in here whenever people argued about them rewriting the game and ignoring the original. Whoever wants to play the original story can do it by playing the original game, that's fine. The remake needs to be its own thing.

But... the ending was just slapped on this because...? It doesn't flow into the game tone at all, it doesn't follow the same setting and worldbuilding rules from the rest of the game neither. Why are we travelling to another dimension in which Midgar is getting destroyed, buildings floating in the sky, while Aerith is spouting nonsense dialogue that the other characters just ignore, and we get Zack flashbacks with absolutely no relation to what is happening or what Cloud is feeling? Like, they had the perfect moment to tease the Zack/Cloud twist when Hojo mentions it upon meeting Cloud, but they slapped Zack into the ending just because.

Did we really have to raise the stakes like this? The entire Midgar climax was perfect as it was. Did we really need a floating city-enormous monster destroying everything finale? We already got the Jenova fight, the Rufus fight, the two machine bosses... if it was in my hands, I would have ended the game with Sephirot waiting for the group at the end of the highway, and then introducing the alternate timeline twist with actual dialogue between him and Aerith/the group.

It saddens me to say that I can't justify Nomura's choices anymore. I'm a big fan of him, he has built my favorite stories and characters over the course of gaming's stories, but he is really hitting low recently for me. I've grown tired of his narratives. It's evident that he has become a fan of alternate timelines, time travels and multiverse stories, and he's inserting it in his new works. So now we're getting it in every new game of him regardless if it even fits the product he is making. Final Fantasy VII Remake is a case of the director not respecting the work he is making, shoehorning certain ideas and plotpoint just for personal enjoyment?, over making a cohesive body of work with a coherent vision.

And well, if it was the first time he pulled this kind of stuff, I wouldn't be mad. But as I already said, he is one of my favorite creators in this medium. I've followed his career, interested in whichever project he worked on because I knew I would connect with it. But these years have been rough. Really rough. He has become an unfocused creator. He comes up with new ideas, interesting takes on his own creations, but can't commit to what has already been created. The finale of KH's first arc felt like it changed from all the build-up done in the spin-offs to KH3, in which he became more interested in exploring multiverse ideas. And the focus on the Xehanort conflict switched to give more importance to the plot points introduced in Chi. We've already had other cases of Nomura obsessing over a concept and recreating it in every new game (does anyone remember the ensemble cast concept that he pulled up with KH2, Crisis Core, Type-0. (I know he didn't direct it)..?)

I was also starting to fed up with Nomura's objective of trying to make something out of the content he wanted to create for Versus. While Kingdom Hearts is the worst offender out of it and I had assumed VII would reuse some of Versus concepts, I thought Aeris being dead, lingering souls wandering the planet and Rufus challenging Lupus/Ravus Nox Fleuret would be it. Yet we got city destruction setpiece with a gian enemy! Destiny's crossroads! Ghosts guarding up a gate preventing the protagonists to fight against fate!

I don't know. We didn't need this in this game. The finale missed the mark, was over the top and I think its purpose was to create controversy and serve as an another "shock moment! haha" for social media after the internet kept hyping up the "Nomuraaaa" narrative just like what happened with Hideo Kojima. We're now getting incohesive, incoherent stories that rely on shock value related to fanfiction material.

I liked the metacommentary about the fans trying to keep the remake as close as possible as the originals and the characters fighting against it. But in this case I think Nomura forgot include a God character that created the universe and then became uninterested in the world he had created.

Man, I've probably sounded harshed that I actually wanted to lol. This must have been discussed too a million times already, since I must be one of the later members finishing the game and we're already on page 280. I would have loved to join the discussion when things started to leak so I could read all of your impressions. Just for the record, for me, VII Remake is still a 9.5/10 game, I think the effort the team put into the project is phenomenal and something that the game industry itself should be thankful of. But yeah, I needed to express my anger at what the game tried to pull at my face during the last hour. I think I will warm up to the ending over these days, though.

Can't wait to hear more about Part 2.

Thanks man, that's actually a great post.I 100% agree with this.

Maybe the only think I liked a little bit more and I want to differentiate from chapter 8's other stuff is the final scene after Marlene calls Barret.
I think this scene was really well done and a nice closure for part I if you see it separately from the Nomura shit that happened before.
The credits music after this was great too.

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Think I've finally managed to process my thoughts around the ending and what it means for the future of this remake series. (It's still basically a ramble, but this was the best I could do to formulate all the feelings I've been having since I beat the game yesterday.)

Everything from the highway chase onwards was exciting, epic and exhilarating, and I can't deny that at least a part of me enjoyed the huge, dumb spectacle of it all. It was peak Nomura, for better or worse. The issues I have are twofold:

1) The shift in tone from "We need to escape from Shinra" to "We have to literally destroy FATE ITSELF, and we're just all going to immediately buy into this without question" was abrupt as hell and as a result the twist didn't feel completely earned to me. I know it was seeded from the beginning with the whispers (which I actually ended up...not hating once I'd made peace with what they represented), but it still felt to me like we'd skipped huge chunks of the narrative necessary to get to this point and find it satisfying, especially the Sephiroth fight, which even without all the iconography from the OG final duel would have felt like a climax we were at least another full game away from.

2) The "unknown journey" fills me with a mixture of curiosity and dread. I thought this game struck a perfect balance of keeping things largely the same as the original, while expanding on and adding new story elements to stoke interest. But that was while we had the whispers to keep things in check, and now they're no longer a factor, I worry that we're going to be going on a journey that bears little resemblance to the story I fell in love with, especially with the addition of new timelines and various characters cheating death. If we still hit all the major story beats (with twists) and visit all the iconic locations, I'll probably be very happy, especially when considering the love and reverence for the source material that was evident throughout this game. I'm not averse to changes when they add to the story in interesting ways without fundamentally altering its integrity...but if we're in for a completely new story featuring the characters from FFVII, I can't say I'll be on board.

With that said, I had a fantastic time with the game overall, and in many ways it was everything I wanted from a remake of a game that's so special to me. I'm excited for what comes next, but that excitement is at least partly clouded by apprehension. It's a bittersweet feeling, which I suspect may be what they intended (see the now infamous "The reunion may bring joy or fear" quote). Initially I was against the notion of fate and destiny even being introduced as concepts, but I'm at a point where I can appreciate the meta aspect and am interested in where it goes (I actually really dig the thought that both Seph and Aerith are aware of what's to come and will each be working to influence how the rest of the story unfolds). I just wish I was more confident that they'll be able to stick the landing.

If nothing else, this was an incredibly gutsy move, knowing how much this remake represented to people.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I think each chapter will be a different location with little to no connective tissue in part 2. Something like:
1. Kalm
2. Mythril Cave
3/4 Junon
5. Boat
6. Costa Del Sol
7/8 Corel
9. Golden Saucer
10. Dyne
11. Golden Saucer 2
12. Gongonga
13/14 Cosmo Canyon
15. Nibelheim

Assuming they follow the original that is

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think there's a bigger thread in the future that ends the world. Both Sephiroth and Aerith travel to the past to save it with Sephiroth planning to tip things in his favor of course.

I fully believe they will pay off the cliffhanger in Dirge of Cerberus.
Nah, i don't think so. Both OG endings are "bad" endings for all parties, no need to complicate things further with another entity imo
Also we don't talk about DoC

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
While I liked the music, I feel it often when overboard with the orchestration. I wish they took the change to be more diverse in style, specially JENOVA quickening is perfect for a epic synthwave remix. But oh well...just nitpicking.

Well, maybe for FFVIII Remake:

I agree with this but it's just my taste. This remix bangs, thanks for the link

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I dunno, don't you think that might be projecting a little bit onto Tifa? That whole sequence of events is pretty much Tifa in a semi-constant state of self-doubt and paranoia, she just got told her second home's about to get destroyed and there's this new person she barely knows and she's wondering how and why Cloud got someone involved in what she thinks is their own problem.

Dunno, I just really don't care for making it seem like Tifa is this petty self-absorbed person, it cheapens both her and her friendship with Aerith. But that's just my take, is all.
No? You might want to listen to her dialogue again. She says "and that's all there is to it? You sure there isn't something else going on?" and then a chapter later gets jealous at Aerith grabbing Clouds arm and joking around saying "MINE".

It's not about making Tifa a self absorbed character. It's discussing a specific issue about jealousy towards the other female character just for being close with the guy she likes. It's was a bad scene to include in the game and made her look bad in that moment considering the circumstances. They mostly cut it out with the jealousy crap once chapter 11 is over which is a good thing.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I think each chapter will be a different location with little to no connective tissue in part 2. Something like:
1. Kalm
2. Mythril Cave
3/4 Junon
5. Boat
6. Costa Del Sol
7/8 Corel
9. Golden Saucer
10. Dyne
11. Golden Saucer 2
12. Gongonga
13/14 Cosmo Canyon
15. Nibelheim

Assuming they follow the original that is
Golden Saucer at 9 just like Wall Market, beautiful

However, I feel like neither Cosmo Canyon or Nibelheim are penultimate, ultimate locations respectively. Like what would the final dungeon be. Nibelheim mansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.