• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So in two days I took Fisher from 22 to 73. Probably won't be max for a few days because it's reset day tomorrow so the Savage weeklies will get done first.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
So I've been meaning to ask about this for weeks now but kept putting it off because I feel like such a dolt.

I cannot figure out what the deal is but I have been utterly unsuccessful in triggering my limit break as a red mage as well as correctly utilizing almost anything else with the whole "targeting circle" mechanic. (My MMO-savvy friend calls them placeable skills.) This doesn't seem to be a completely universal problem, as I have the upgraded version of Maggie with the pseudo-weapons that also operate via targeting circles and those have worked without a single hitch.

I'm on PS4. When I have tried using my limit break, or similar stuff like those cannons in Stone Vigil (Hard), I follow the instructions as best I can. And how easy those instructions appear to be!

Press the corresponding button on my cross hotbar that the ability has been mapped to; an orange circle appears; move said orange circle to a foe or group of foes; note that the orange circle changes color to indicate a valid target; and then this is where it all falls apart. I've tried pressing the corresponding ability button again. I've tried pressing x. I've tried tapping R2 for the hell of it. I've tried tapping R1 for the hell of it. I've tried clicking the touchpad. I've tried manually targeting a particular foe. I've tried ensuring I haven't manually targeted anybody.

I'm at my wit's end here.
You have to let go of the trigger button and hit X to confirm the attack with ground target skills on PS4. Took me a while to figure that out too.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ah man forgot tonight was maintenance. My routine the last week or so has been doing some Pixie Beast tribe quests to level as DNC which I've found a bit relaxing before heading to bed, but guess that's a skip tonight.
Have to say the new Beast tribe has been a nice way to casually level post-70. Probably not the fastest way to 80 by itself, but I'm not really in a rush.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Hi wanna look at new glowy weapons OF COURSE YOU DO.

Check this thread

Boss Models

Last edited:

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
So, the restoration is just a crafter thing? I mean, gathers get a list of ittems they can gather that are used just for the efforts but it seems like you can only get turn stuff if you craft.

... That's lame. I mean, it COULD make for a profitable path for gatherers if crafters think it's more effective to buy off the MB but they don't see the rewards.
Imma figure this out when I wake up, gotta be something I'm missing.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So, the restoration is just a crafter thing? I mean, gathers get a list of ittems they can gather that are used just for the efforts but it seems like you can only get turn stuff if you craft.

... That's lame. I mean, it COULD make for a profitable path for gatherers if crafters think it's more effective to buy off the MB but they don't see the rewards.
Pretty sure they said they are adding gatherer stuff to the restoration later on

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

They weren't able to finish the gathering portion in time for 5.1 so everything tied to it (action pruning, diadem, and ishgard turn ins) got pushed to 5.2. Its probably heavily tied to diadem.

The hard recipes and the seasonal rankings are also scheduled for 5.2.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Maaaan that DRK ultimate which I will never get. They know which was the best HW series.

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Does Ishgard have daily resets? Any reason I should log in before reset in 2 hours and do anything?

Noire

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having issues with game on ps4 after the update? The game keeps getting stuck on black screens during loading to log in or crashes when it's about to log in. It almost crashed my ps4, trying to make me reinstall firmware. I reinstalled the game and it's still same thing. All other games on it work fine as before.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
unknown.png

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Perfect Alex is amazing but those weapons are a little underwhelming after all the talk about new particle effects. Slapping some ghost gears on old models and cranking their brightness up to 999 isn't really what I expected.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Super disappointed in the Ishgard Restoration. When they said it was gatherer and crafter stuff I thought it meant there would be stuff for gatherers to do and stuff for crafters to do but the stuff you craft needs the specific gathered stuff to make so really this is gathering content because I'm not spending gil on parts to trade in when I can just wait until the crafting beast tribe and do that. I expected this to be like that, where you get the mats supplied and have to make the items they want to hand in but instead you have to provide the mats yourself which is hard if you don't have any gatherers and only wanted to craft.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Super disappointed in the Ishgard Restoration. When they said it was gatherer and crafter stuff I thought it meant there would be stuff for gatherers to do and stuff for crafters to do but the stuff you craft needs the specific gathered stuff to make so really this is gathering content because I'm not spending gil on parts to trade in when I can just wait until the crafting beast tribe and do that. I expected this to be like that, where you get the mats supplied and have to make the items they want to hand in but instead you have to provide the mats yourself which is hard if you don't have any gatherers and only wanted to craft.

That's kind of the paradox of >95% of all crafting - you need materials, so you need to gather or kill mobs.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
So basically, these are like the ultimate AF weapons from ARR but instead of blue and white flames you get giant gold gears sticking out of them.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of the paradox of >95% of all crafting - you need materials, so you need to gather or kill mobs.

Right, and it's why I've only ever levelled a crafter via beast tribes. But I thought this would be more like that. Like, you've given specific things to make and you get the materials. Like the in universe thing is the gatherers are getting the stuff and then you are being supplied that stuff to build what is needed. But it's just going to Ishgard and being told "yeah, just get your own stuff, build your stuff and give it here". I don't know why I thought we'd be supplied the materials but it's what I thought. The stupid thing is that there currently isn't any gathering turn ins, so gatherers are needed for the mats but can't do anything with them so need to have a crafter levelled and crafters can't make the things without a gatherer levelled.

I justt thought the content was Gatherer or Crafter and not gatherer AND crafter.

Nov 5, 2019
Right, and it's why I've only ever levelled a crafter via beast tribes. But I thought this would be more like that. Like, you've given specific things to make and you get the materials. Like the in universe thing is the gatherers are getting the stuff and then you are being supplied that stuff to build what is needed. But it's just going to Ishgard and being told "yeah, just get your own stuff, build your stuff and give it here". I don't know why I thought we'd be supplied the materials but it's what I thought. The stupid thing is that there currently isn't any gathering turn ins, so gatherers are needed for the mats but can't do anything with them so need to have a crafter levelled and crafters can't make the things without a gatherer levelled.

I justt thought the content was Gatherer or Crafter and not gatherer AND crafter.
It's unfortunate for sure but it's a good starting point for more crafting/gathering related things to do. We'll have to see in the next patch how they make gatherers more relevant.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Alexander Ultimate looks so fucked up. That limit cut and shiva explosions and afterwards all the debuffs.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like most ultimate groups are stuck in limit cut phase for now. And since it's random numbers every time every person needs to practice 1-8 enough times to get through it cleanly

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
"all gatherers come help contribute!"

me: "Well time to try something new for once with my unused level 60 miner"

*notices that you can't turn in shit for rewards unless you are a crafter*

zGHQb4O.gif

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Its half baked just like Eureka was at the start. Hopefully the gathering portion in 5.2 isn't as messy as Pagos was.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I think I died 8 or 9 times fighting Engels in the Yorha raid. I feel so fucking bad for the healers who kept having to res me. I spawned into instadeaths like 4 times.

Well I got the 2B coffer with a roll of 82 so I was rewarded for bad play.

Also one question, if I didn't get a piece of armor from any of the bosses this week, i can run it again right?

Status
Not open for further replies.