• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i want ozma mount but i'm just afraid i gotta do all the relics and armors for the elemental bonuses to clear BA, hope it's not really necessary
think i'm still at i375 tier of the relic weapon or some shit, didn't even start on the armors

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So in terms of progging.... this is longer than ultimate, right? Not only do you WIPE... Ozma can kick you out of the fucking dungeon to boot. If you fail one mechanic it will punish you and you have to wait outside in Eureka for the portals to appear again. This just seems like it takes a ginormous amount of time and just imagine having to do the Baldesion dungeon and then wiping.... losing levels because one of your 56 people fucked up. Honestly, Yoshida is a mad man but this content seems incredibly demanding and even moreso than savage, imo and ultimate because all the time you have to spend getting out of the Baldesion and in it. Maybe i'm wrong and Ozma will be killed soon but this just seems tedious as hell. This probably requires every single person be on discord, imo.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
i want ozma mount but i'm just afraid i gotta do all the relics and armors for the elemental bonuses to clear BA, hope it's not really necessary
think i'm still at i375 tier of the relic weapon or some shit, didn't even start on the armors

I've accepted that I'll never get the mount.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i'm hoping in about a month when all the mechanics and gimmicks are understood and widespread pugs will clear it

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
So somebody beat Absolute virtue? That was short lived.

Being fair, this is Elysium doing it IIRC. And the actual mechanic you have to do to make AV not a one-shotting god king is rather obtuse.

Someone with the ability that finds traps on the floor in the dungeon needs to find a small teleporter that takes you all to another section of the Arsenal. You see AV and can go to him before you go to the hidden portal, but you're dead if you do.

You fight through some more adds, then get to a point where you have to split into 6 groups in the room before him, then all stand on portals which spawn adds for each group to kill.

This spawns a FATE outside of the Arsenal, in Hydatos. The people outside have to kill the FATE, and that stops AV's mega buff (and spawns more portals for one last group to get inside).

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Once a guide comes out it will be nowhere close to Ultimate. Mechanics are along the lines of the 24man raids. Groups just have to figure it out.
^^ Qvoth it's something like "Baldesion Arsenal Support." I think it only pops if people are in there to trigger it. I've never seen it in any of my instances. Ovni is the fate that spawns the portals into Baldesion Arsenal, Provenance Watcher is moistzuzu.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys know if I buy Shadowbringers on the PSN, Can I ditch using the discs ?
Yes, but probably not until it's out. You can also just ditch the disc right now for free by deleting the game and downloading it from your library.

After you redeem the psn code included with the game it should appear in your library. You can download it directly from there after deleting the game if you already have it installed.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys know if I buy Shadowbringers on the PSN, Can I ditch using the discs ?
Yeah, although you can ditch using discs now. If you download the trial version and launch it then it should recognise that you have a licence for the full game and expansions and you won't need discs anymore. It's what I did for my physical PS4 copy.

I can't recall if you have to delete your current install but I assume you would.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it's even easier than having to download the trial version!

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, although you can ditch using discs now. If you download the trial version and launch it then it should recognise that you have a licence for the full game and expansions and you won't need discs anymore. It's what I did for my physical PS4 copy.

I can't recall if you have to delete your current install but I assume you would.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it's even easier than having to download the trial version!
Yes, but probably not until it's out. You can also just ditch the disc right now for free by deleting the game and downloading it from your library.

After you redeem the psn code included with the game it should appear in your library. You can download it directly from there after deleting the game if you already have it installed.

thanks I'll try

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I caught every fish in the game, I'm ready for 5.0. Hopefully no double/triple fish eyes bullshit in that, there weren't any in SB so they seem to have noticed those were the absolute worst.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Not feeling fishing. I'm not touching that job unless I'm obligated to.
All of my crafters are level 55 to 58, with Weaver at 70 and Goldsmith at 69. The Heavensward phase is a chore: why make basic materials "hidden"?! Gathering those is annoying. I want to be done with this and never look back.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if you can organize days/times through pf or whatever it might be better. I'm still waiting to see what it's going to be like when everyone is at 60 and sprinting to portals when they turn red. It's gonna suck if I get separated from the party I was with in there.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Proto Ozma has been defeated. Also, if you're dead when it dies, you don't get credit for the kill.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to poke into this thread, but I needed a bit of research and I figured this was a good place to do it.

We're looking at various third-person camera control schemes, as a game we're working on, while not an MMO, features many of the same mechanics (aiming projectiles, wide open battlefield, teamwork). WoW and FFXIV, to my knowledge, use a strafing system and you *need to hold down a mouse button* to rotate the camera by default; I'm not even sure if there's an option to change that in the settings.

In contrast, games like Tera or Smite (billed as more "action oriented") have a free-look camera enabled at all times, and only by hitting a toggle (Escape in Tera, at least) do you move out of free look and into mouse cursor/UI mode.

What are people's opinions about these two systems? Free look makes aiming and targeting systems a bit more natural. There's also camera lock-on, which I'm not sure FFXIV has (it's been years since I played), but that makes any mechanical aiming trivial. And in the end, a lot of abilities are just "instant hit" against a tab targeted enemy.

No wrong answer! Curious to hear replies and opinions. And sorry to burst in. ^^

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Not gonna lie, I didn't even know you had to hold down the mouse button to rotate the camera and I've been playing years. Controller is just too good xD

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to poke into this thread, but I needed a bit of research and I figured this was a good place to do it.

We're looking at various third-person camera control schemes, as a game we're working on, while not an MMO, features many of the same mechanics (aiming projectiles, wide open battlefield, teamwork). WoW and FFXIV, to my knowledge, use a strafing system and you *need to hold down a mouse button* to rotate the camera by default; I'm not even sure if there's an option to change that in the settings.

In contrast, games like Tera or Smite (billed as more "action oriented") have a free-look camera enabled at all times, and only by hitting a toggle (Escape in Tera, at least) do you move out of free look and into mouse cursor/UI mode.

What are people's opinions about these two systems? Free look makes aiming and targeting systems a bit more natural. There's also camera lock-on, which I'm not sure FFXIV has (it's been years since I played), but that makes any mechanical aiming trivial. And in the end, a lot of abilities are just "instant hit" against a tab targeted enemy.

No wrong answer! Curious to hear replies and opinions. And sorry to burst in. ^^
I use keyboard+mouse in FFXIV, and most of the time I'm 'comfortable' holding down the right mouse button to move the camera. That said, I do have an AutoHotkey script that makes it sticky, so when I'm in combat or just traveling around, I don't have to worry about developing a cramp in my right hand. I would prefer if there were a key to toggle that stickiness built into XIV.

I'm not a big fan of the way TERA does it, but then its UI was always a bit janky to me.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I played both controller and k+m, and I much prefer k+m for a few reasons but some are kinda exclusive to MMOs, which is that a keyboard makes it much easier to chat. I had one of the controller keyboard attachments too and it helps but is no where near as good as a keyboard. For games like this I just much much prefer k+m but I think if it isn't an MMO I am not as on board for tab targeting as I am in a MMO

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Turning with the mouse is far superior as someone who raids and plays melee classes most of the time. Being able to snap my wrist and immediately be facing the other way is too useful when dodging AOE attacks and stuff.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Also apparently the world first group that killed Ozma was 20 seconds away from enrage. Wow, so it's a tough dps check for 56 man content. if you die you dont get the mount in the fight? LOL way to go SE.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Turning with the mouse is far superior as someone who raids and plays melee classes most of the time. Being able to snap my wrist and immediately be facing the other way is too useful when dodging AOE attacks and stuff.
You can do this on controller though.

I myself use both controller and kb+m at the same time because I'm a crazy person.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
holy shit ozma mount is the best thing they've made in a long time
yeah ima try and get that shit

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
So in Jenova the DF is broken.....nobody can enter dungeons, trails or even Eureka. Sucks that I decided to try and do the Valentines event when this was happening.

This happening anywhere else?

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy losing his shit on that Ozma kill was nice, haha.

The mechanics themselves don't look awful, but the horrendously high stakes from a failure, and the thought of doing it with randoms, is a big nope from me. Cool to see it, though!

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I played both controller and k+m, and I much prefer k+m for a few reasons but some are kinda exclusive to MMOs, which is that a keyboard makes it much easier to chat. I had one of the controller keyboard attachments too and it helps but is no where near as good as a keyboard. For games like this I just much much prefer k+m but I think if it isn't an MMO I am not as on board for tab targeting as I am in a MMO

Yeah I would agree keyboard is pretty important for these type of games, but it can be combined with a gamepad pretty easily. I play on PC with a gamepad and when I need to chat I use my keyboard. I imagine a wireless keyboard would do the same job for PS4. I think depending what jobs you play in the game some are certainly more gamepad friendly than others, but I play WHM and RDM and both are very gamepad friendly.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
DF fixed it seems so yay!

Ouch....been there one to many times. I said fuck it and just made my own to give myself buffs and have extra space in company chest for now till I get a FC house, once settled I will start looking for members.

It's just annoying as shit because those two particular members were always more standoff-ish from everywhere else. And instead of giving any warning they just promoted someone else to FC lead and dipped out to Courel.

I'll just need to find a new FC.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that by making Absolute Virtue something that was defeated in 2 days, the dev team totally failed to capture the spirit of what made Absolute Virtue special...

They should have made it literally impossible until 5.0 and a level increase. THEN it would be the real AV experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.