• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I read on the Reddit thread that they said it means healers will have less of am emphasis on "shield healing" vs. "regen healing" and will just "heal".

If true, that wouldn't be that bad.

I would be happy if this was the case. I'm one of those healers who likes dpsing and squeezing out as much as I can wherever I can. It feels more engaging that just standing around and watching an HP bar fall and rise.

Oct 25, 2017
I read on the Reddit thread that they said it means healers will have less of am emphasis on "shield healing" vs. "regen healing" and will just "heal".

If true, that wouldn't be that bad.

The fix homogenizing healer play style instead of balancing the efficiency of heals would be a bummer, though--jobs having their own approaches to handling the same problem isn't bad, jobs being suited to handle non-existent problems and not particularly equipped to tackle the real ones is.

It's not a lost cause or anything, but it's super frustrating that we wait and wait and wait for this to get minimal information to wait for the embargo to life ini a week to wait for the eventual expansion hit to then wait for whatever balance changes. It'd just be nice to have real information to react to here, instead of an odd world choice.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a hotel tonight, on my old laptop with a nvidia 650m.

My benchmark score will be hilarious

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
My guess on the surprise around/after E3 is XIV on Xbox (maybe Switch?) with crossplay, but its just a guess with nothing to really go on.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, they don't need to keep apologising for the technical issues, things happen.

I mean, the technical issue is based off a bug that's been in the game forever with regards to how it handles audio.

The mic dying partway and other things less so but specifically the initial mishaps with game audio problems is just that same problem since I think the game originally launched.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Those new bird mounts are interesting. We saw new character outfits plus Thancred being amazing as gunbreaker.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
The healer changes have me a little worried, mostly because it looks like the added DPS was moved to the tanks. The only way a healing emphasis could work is if every attack and aoe are more dangerous, even at the mid-core level. Otherwise every healer will be bored out of their mind.
I mean, the technical issue is based off a bug that's been in the game forever with regards to how it handles audio.

The mic dying partway and other things less so but specifically the initial mishaps with game audio problems is just that same problem since I think the game originally launched.

I think they were running the whole game feed through an HDMI, because the monitor had sound but the stream setup did not receive the audio. So I think they had the hdmi signal blocked and/or a bad cable.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
The healer changes have me a little worried, mostly because it looks like the added DPS was moved to the tanks. The only way a healing emphasis could work is if every attack and aoe are more dangerous, even at the mid-core level. Otherwise every healer will be bored out of their mind.

Yeah, I'm concerned as well. Granted, as an AST I'll have stuff do fill the downtime with (I hope), but I wonder about SCH and WHM.

I think they were running the whole game feed through an HDMI, because the monitor had sound but the stream setup did not receive the audio. So I think they had the hdmi signal blocked and/or a bad cable.

I would put the blame on HDMI and windows audio mixer/whatever audio splitting software (possibly even hardware) they were using. When they were doing their stream tests, I've run into the exact same issue with fuzz just bleeding in and drowning everything out. HDMI may be convenient but its pretty crap.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Now I have a bunch of questions regarding scholar...
  • If the petbar no longer exists, can the fairy still be placed?
    • I used to have to place my fairy in strategic locations to catch everyone because our BLM and tanks were so far apart.
  • The fairies had 7 actions (1 embrace each which I'm just considering 1 action and 3 skills each). Are all 7 of these now on your bar?
    • What did they get rid of? What did they key? They smushed the two fairies together now, so I'm curious...

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, they don't need to keep apologising for the technical issues, things happen.

Unfortunately, there are no shortage of shitheads ripping Yoshi-P and his team a new one for this.

I feel heartbroken every time I see him these days, because he looks REAL tired. I almost want someone to do a screenshot comparison of how he looked at the beginning of ARR compared to now, because I can only imagine how much of his lifespan he's lost managing this behemoth of an MMO.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's my main concern, especially for dungeon running.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Can't wait to fall into a roulette of Copperbell focused on "pure healing."

Healers still have attack abilities, so I assume the leveling experience will be more or less the same. The main concern are the casual end-game raiding where even at minimum ilvl a healer could solo heal the whole thing.

I figure the lack of Protect means everyone gets hit harder in general so at the high-end the level of activity will more or less be the same. All this extra mobility and simplifying just base stance switching and general dps could mean more speedy end game raid encounters; more dodging.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping this would make it clear for me what to main in ShB but it did the exact opposite. All the reasons I was using to disqualify classes have been changed to fix the issues, lol.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Is there reason to worry about healers being boring, especially in old content? YES. Did they say healing is all you would be doing? NO.

"Healers will be thoroughly rebalanced to emphasize a pure healing role"
That statement has nothing to with offensive actions. I imagine it'll go down similar to how its always been with a few extra things here and there.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Now I have a bunch of questions regarding scholar...
  • If the petbar no longer exists, can the fairy still be placed?
    • I used to have to place my fairy in strategic locations to catch everyone because our BLM and tanks were so far apart.
  • The fairies had 7 actions (1 embrace each which I'm just considering 1 action and 3 skills each). Are all 7 of these now on your bar?
    • What did they get rid of? What did they key? They smushed the two fairies together now, so I'm curious...

I might be mistaken but I think they mention Fairies don't take damage, they just hang around you casting so no need to mind their placement, and both fairies are now the same, just a cosmetic choice.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I was like 20% away from having the benchmark downloaded and they killed it. Anyone else having issues accessing it?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to be back online!

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Did the benchmark break the game's website? The download failed for me and when I try to download it again from the site, it says I don't have permission to access it.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
So the new dark Knight dude has the perfect amount of facial hair. I was hoping it would be available in the character creator, but I can't seem to find it. What a bummer, this game needs better facial hair options for the humans.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
Made a couple cuties.
zxi4FsD.jpg

RtauyxF.jpg

Viera seem neat.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Wow, Viera looks great. I'm on ps4 so sigh, can only lurk about. I really wanna see the details on some Hrothgar. Drop those when ya can Era folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.