• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Christmas and New Year's, no doubt.

I should be over 200 orbs and will have a TT to get more for the Christmas banner, but the New Year's/RD/New Year's repeat (I still need a flying Azura) gauntlet is gonna wreck me, especially if flying Takumi is on the L(M?)HB.

Oct 25, 2017
I certainly won't turn down orbs and new seals.

Two simultaneous New Power Foci works. If they wanted to, they could be real dicks and put Catria, Est and MRobin on the same one.

That says Light Blessing Quests and not Light's Blessing Quests, right? Just making sure.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that is an absolutely stacked schedule. We go Christmas -> Legendary -> New Years (with re-run banners) and they'll give us, what, 80-100 free orbs from the 2 tempest trials alone? Nice.

"An alliance of princesses" Tempest Trial sounds like we'll be getting 4 more female characters on the New Years banner.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Yeah, that is an absolutely stacked schedule. We go Christmas -> Legendary -> New Years (with re-run banners) and they'll give us, what, 80-100 free orbs from the 2 tempest trials alone? Nice.

"An alliance of princesses" Tempest Trial sounds like we'll be getting 4 more female characters on the New Years banner.

55 orbs per TT: 42 from the TT itself, and 13 from the log-in bonus (assuming you login 10 out of 14 days); so 110 orbs overall.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
55 orbs per TT: 42 from the TT itself, and 13 from the log-in bonus (assuming you login 10 out of 14 days); so 110 orbs overall.

Even better. :D

Currently sitting at 300 orbs. The extra orbs this month will be helpful in pulling for Distant Counter this upcoming legendary banner, although the holiday banner will certainly be enticing too. This will be a tricky month in terms of budgeting. This Hero Fest banner feels like bait now.

I dunno, there's also "Three-Princesses Quests" in the schedule, which makes me think we'll need to use Eir, Sharena and Fjorm's Exhumed Corpse to kill stuff for goodies.

Oh yeah, that's true. It's weird that the quests are before the Tempest Trials start. Maybe they link up and those characters are the off-banner Tempest Trial units?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I don't think it'll involve Eir or Fjorm. IS has been very good at making sure these quests are doable even if you don't have units at the *start* of the quest; it's conceivable someone might have foddered off their Fjorm or Eir and I don't know if they want to get free versions of either of those units--especially Eir, where a free merge has extra benefit for mythic heroes.

At the same time, we've all gotten a free copy of Eir an Fjorm and you really shouldn't fodder either of them off (even though they have very delicious fodder), so... who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's face it, the game is now loaded with OC princesses; besides the three already mentioned, there's also Veronica, Gunnthra, Ylgr, Laevatain and Laegjarn.

On another note, we're getting a New Year's Event again - the last one got us a login bonus, specal maps and quests, 45 orbs in total.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
I paired Eir up with Brave Celica and now she can trigger Double Lion every turn without any setup, it's great fun.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Free pull on the Robin/Ogma banner got me the last Est I need to make a +10 one...

When they demote (prob 2nd anniv) I hope they're also splitting the summoning pools as opposed to just dumping units into lower rarities... if anyone watched Akariss pull for a +10 Eir on his F2P account... you would've seen it took him nearly 600 orbs before he saw his first Lissa....

If a character like say Hana gets a busted ass refine say next May and the red pool gets even more bloated out... you'll have f all chance of making a +10 of her unless you have the copies now.

Disappointed in those Robin refines. Oh wellllll. Maybe one day we'll get a (non Grima) brave or legendary or whatever alt Robin, with levin sword.

The amount of bullshit they would've had to have come up with to make the Robins live up to their legion of fanboy/fangirls dreams was never going to happen....

You're going to have to settle with two of the best support units of the game, as well as F!Robin being one of the best Aether Raid units in the game period

Could be worse.

having one TT end and another start four days later seems generous.

For some reason they don't have a GHB battle this month... I'm pretty sure they'll want 2 free units available from grails added to that pool every month.

6 new seals this month is pretty damn hype too... hopefully one isn't wasted on a dancer buff seal...

Would like to see Attack Tactic and Chill Speed be the big seals of the two Trials.....

I imagine one for guys and one for girls.

Christmas and New Years man.....

Better be Christmas Sonya and Alm....

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, the schedule! And of course, it's nowhere to be seen in the german client, NoE you lazy butts.

Absolutely stacked month. Special heroes banner next week is christmas, and of course the one starting on New Years Eve is a new year special banner. Add in the legendary hero banner and the re-run of last years special banner.
Destroyer of orb piles.

At least there many other events to get orbs from, especially those two TT+ this month. That plus those free summon tickets ... at least IS is still generous. Also, the new years celebration will bring some goodies.

Two TT+ also mean two new free units. And since the trend goes to them being really useful/workable with, i'm looking forward to them.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it'll involve Eir or Fjorm. IS has been very good at making sure these quests are doable even if you don't have units at the *start* of the quest; it's conceivable someone might have foddered off their Fjorm or Eir and I don't know if they want to get free versions of either of those units--especially Eir, where a free merge has extra benefit for mythic heroes.

At the same time, we've all gotten a free copy of Eir an Fjorm and you really shouldn't fodder either of them off (even though they have very delicious fodder), so... who knows.
I'm pretty sure there have been quests that required Fjorm before.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Free 5* Male Robin, yeah can't say I'm really happy about that! Seem like a waste of luck... lol

At least your luck isn't actively taunting you. Both my free pulls on the weapons banners were Ogmas... 3* Ogmas to be precise.

And then I go to my free ticket on the Eir banner, hoping for an Ophelia or an Owain. And I get Odin.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of bullshit they would've had to have come up with to make the Robins live up to their legion of fanboy/fangirls dreams was never going to happen....

You're going to have to settle with two of the best support units of the game, as well as F!Robin being one of the best Aether Raid units in the game period

Could be worse.
Can FRobin take the big hitters like a boosted and merged Rein? I've found out the hard way that Inigo can't do it despite Gronnraven + TA3 because his stats suck too much.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Here is an early look at skill tags introduced in 3.0, this isn't even posted on Reddit yet. They are actually adding a nullify Dazzling/Firesweep skill, along with another Prf DC+.

unknown.png

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Nullify WrazzleDazzle sounds like music to my ears.

Eir is a step in the right decision, as she cripples and deals with healers with no problem. Imo, nullify Dazzling / Firesweep effects will be even better on some Raventome mage.

Watch the skill not inheritable by mages.

Last edited:

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
The gacha just wants to fuck with me. Free 5* Robin and Est.

New banners coming next week, meaning my luck is all gone now.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I got a flying Ninomiya merge on one of my free pulls and another Atk- Lewyn to fodder Odd Attack wave to my one shot Ophelia. This was a good morning.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled a spare Eir.

I'm probably going to feed her to Felicia. I can't think of better alternatives on my roster.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Can FRobin take the big hitters like a boosted and merged Rein? I've found out the hard way that Inigo can't do it despite Gronnraven + TA3 because his stats suck too much.

My F!Robin can do it as long as I have the DD seal (she's also merged +7). I'm most likely going to switch her over to AR full time and light bless her, she's much more useful over there than in Arena.

Oct 25, 2017
Nothin' but fodder for all my free pulls.
I'm back past 75 orbs for the first time in months though; slowly building up the reserves again.
Though that might change when Tibarn/Nailah arrive.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled a spare Eir.

I'm probably going to feed her to Felicia. I can't think of better alternatives on my roster.

Have i told you the story of Gaidica (Brave Celica) and Alm, who can have their Double Lion effect up and running the whole time, as long as they don't get a counter attack or dmg in enemy phase?

Atk/Spd Push plus Alms refine do 6 dmg after combat if he had 100% HP, Mystic Boost 3 heals ... *drumroll* ... 6 HP after combat.

You see where i'm going?

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Are the summoning tickets only good for hero fest? This hero fest? Any point in saving them?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Are the summoning tickets only good for hero fest? This hero fest? Any point in saving them?

The ones you get right now are only good for Eirs Hero Fest banner, yes. Tickets are always bound to a certain banner, as per information in the Feh Channel.

So go nuts with them, maybe you'll end up with a lucky 5* pull.

They also showed that for future banners, these tickets will also be rewards in the Forging Bonds events.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
My F!Robin can do it as long as I have the DD seal (she's also merged +7). I'm most likely going to switch her over to AR full time and light bless her, she's much more useful over there than in Arena.
Hmm, I don't think I want to spend on those merges, but it's nice to know it's possible.

The blessing will definitely help because I think it gives both hp and res.

Have i told you the story of Gaidica (Brave Celica) and Alm, who can have their Double Lion effect up and running the whole time, as long as they don't get a counter attack or dmg in enemy phase?

Atk/Spd Push plus Alms refine do 6 dmg after combat if he had 100% HP, Mystic Boost 3 heals ... *drumroll* ... 6 HP after combat.

You see where i'm going?
Good point. I don't have Brave Celica but I do have Alm, though for some reason I've never toyed with his refine.

I suppose it depends on whether I want a player phase melee nuke, or if I want to add dragons and Veronica to the list of things that Felicia can tank/counter.

Though with Surtr being a thing, Alm might be a better choice.... If he does more than like 6 damage because screw Surtr.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Free pulls from the new banners were both 5*. Ogma and PonyChrom, both with really good boons/banes.

Hmmm...

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Daily hero fest pull got me another Olwen, after I pulled one yesterday. Back to back identical pity breakers; what are the odds of that?

This one is +atk -hp too.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Today's ticket gets me... another Ophelia! This time neutral. This Hero Fest has been good to me, and I haven't even spent any orbs. Between merging my Ophelias or foddering off Rally Up Atk+ to my arena core, I suppose I'm better off doing the latter. But that can wait a bit.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
With how the Ninjas in the new Tap Battle hop, they should've used Ninjabbit instead of regular Kagero. ^^

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw on reddit and in-game that there's going to be 5 compensation orbs for a bug that happens in AR with the Escape Ladder.

Yay, more orbs! Also someone made a short calculation, and by the latest event schedule, there's some ~300 orbs you can earn as a F2P player.

Status
Not open for further replies.