• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Deleted the tweet. But some Man Utd fan called a female Liverpool fan a "bin dipping slag" among other things because she was happy Man Utd lost lol.
ONEE8Mt.gif

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Don't want Zidane, want someone in the Poch/Klopp "coherent philosophy, identifies and builds around talented young players" mold. If there are no outstanding candidates just give each young German manager a half-season until one sticks.

As catastrophic as Sanchez was, Woodward was smart not to waste money on short-term fixes for Mourinho this summer.

Agreed.

Poch and a DoF and adequately back them and allow them to build.

I like Zidane but his actual managing of Madrid wasn't spectacular, he got an incredible team to play and even then didn't really compete on all fronts.

I don't want to discredit Zidane, three CLs back to back is unheard of and an amazing accomplishment but I don't feel it was totally down to his technical managerial prowess.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Mourinho didn't throw the team under the bus :o

True that we're punished by the big mistakes by the defs, but still, didn't feel like the players want to win the game sigh

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I'd just love to know what happened in the week since that first performance against Leicester.

It still had its silly moments, but it was far better than this shitshow.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I wouldn't fire him.

He has to shoulder a lot of the blame but not all of it.

Lack of transfers/addressing squad issues is entirely down to Woodward. Jose was very vocal about this and you can see how frustrated he was when the window was open.

The players just aren't performing. Bailly and the defense in general was shockingly bad, our midfield was slow and lingered on the ball without vision, players aren't making runs or adapting to playing against pressing.

He ultimately is failing in coaching the team and adequately preparing them but there are issues at every level of the club. Keep Jose for now, but if and when we do sack him we need to fully commit to transforming the club and not just getting a new manager and hoping for the best.

Many of the players who underperformed were Jose purchases, and I'm not sure that throwing £70m at Maguire would have made us stronger. Regardless, the team put out should have been far too much for Brighton.

You're right in that there's issues at every level of the club though and I fully agree that the management structure needs changing, not just the manager.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Worst thing is he'll get the boot and then the board will spend money on CBs for the new manager lol

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Can't blame them, would you trust him to spend your money well?
If you won't back a manager in the summer why bother keeping them for the season. How many times have we seen it with other teams.

Will look forward to watching the United ladies match later after we played well and beat Liverpool. Maybe the boys should take some pointers.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The worst thing I can say today is that it wasn't even difficult for Brighton.

Even worse viewing having watched a City masterclass earlier.

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of shots Man U took after going 3-1 down is pretty pathetic. Just four shots & one on target which was outside the box from Pogba.

Great job from Brighton though obviously, were just relentless in every duel & had some great combinations

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I think most think it'll happen sooner than later tbh.
I'm just hoping the club act more proactively this time around.

Although LvG got us an FA Cup, he really should have been out the door after the awful November - January period.

Moyes should have been gone whilst we still had a chance of salvaging a top 4 finish, not at the point it became mathematically impossible.

Mourinho will get a nice payoff with his recent contract extension, at least.

It's early days still but I don't see us finishing above City (will walk the league), Liverpool (could make it far if they learn to grind out results), Chelsea (will improve massively with Hazard, despite the dodgy defence) or Spurs this season.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
Making my Sunday night depression for the realisation of another Monday tomorrow all the better. Thank you Brighton. I hoped for a mourinho meltdown this season but wasn't sure it'd actually happen. Looking good. The fans are turning. The board are turning. A few more games and it's gonna blow

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017

Dropped just under £2k on games on Steam. That's spread over 14 years though as I've been a member since 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.