• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
So honesty shouldn't we all actually work on getting a trending phrase going? Major publications are getting involved, and the switch is so hot right now this has angered a huge amount of people.

If we are going to even get cross progression (really all I personally care about) then now seems like the time to talk about this. Especially while journalist are all around Sony at E3 and could put their feet to the fire in person

ThanksVision

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to post this in this thread, but in Fortnite on Switch how can my friend and I play with each other?

This is a good question. With all the 'screw Sony, I wanna play with my friends on 'insert console here!', is joining a party with friends on other formats even possible? If not, why is crossplay such a big deal?

You have to add them as Epic friends from the Lobby. From the lobby, press start. Go to Epic friends. Add their Epic user ID, and you'll be able to join up.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Epic Games and Sony on the matter of crossplay, 2018.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have to have an epic account for crossplay? I want to play with my son on switch/Xbox

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
In my switch game, my territory is EU and both other "fill with " and the other one are same device only. How can I enable crossplay ?

zoltan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a standard response from their playbook. What would you answer if somebody answers this way and it only contains EPIC and SWITCH without the context that the issue is a linked account with PSN ...?
pretty sure they are aware of the issue, why would the answer to a tweet about switch and epic acc otherwise

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only hope is to pray for the EU to do something.

My account works for cross play, but how fucked up is it that I had to fear that maybe, just MAYBE, I may have had some dealings with PSN through my Epic account? Did I download that free Fortnite or did I just look at it on the store page? What about Paragon? Were there any other games I forgot and now I'm screwed?

This is not a thing that should be.

Iorv3th

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to create a new epic account and use it on switch, then deactivate it and link it with the ps4 account if they ever do allow cross play/progression?

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Sure, but where' nowhere near the point where it matters to Sony and we're not going to get to that point by the end of this generation. We went through all this over Minecraft and people then declared when it comes out, and everyone sees how they can't play with everyone else, there's going to be this huge revolt because Minecraft is so huge. What happened? Nothing. Crickets. We're going to hear the outrage for a couple days, maybe couple of weeks at best, and then it'll die down and most people will accept it and move on or just not care. Sony will ride out whatever storm like they did last time, and just deal what little hit they take. This shit sucks, but the impact that this is going to have is going to be minimal and it's going to be the vocal minority that you hear. I'm more outraged about the account locking if anything.

Maybe so, but some of us have already left Sony behind because of all these practises. It would be a silly idea now to buy third party stuff on PS4 if you can have the game on X1X, PC or even Switch.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
This is a good question. With all the 'screw Sony, I wanna play with my friends on 'insert console here!', is joining a party with friends on other formats even possible? If not, why is crossplay such a big deal?

Not only is it possible, but it works really well.

You can have cross play (and parties) across PS4/PC/iOS, or Xbox/PC/iOS/Switch. I play Fortnite with my two boys. Me on PS4, eldest on PC, youngest on iPad. Was looking forward to letting youngest play on the Switch, but Sony have put a stop to that. Wankers.

Sony are just being dicks about blocking cross-play against other consoles, rather than blocking cross-play as a concept. It also highlights their previous excuse about protecting their consumers from platforms outside of their console to be bollocks, as a bunch of PS4 games have cross-play with PC.,

Beatle

Dec 4, 2017
Not only is it possible, but it works really well.

You can have cross play (and parties) across PS4/PC/iOS, or Xbox/PC/iOS/Switch. I play Fortnite with my two boys. Me on PS4, eldest on PC, youngest on iPad. Was looking forward to letting youngest play on the Switch, but Sony have put a stop to that. Wankers.

Sony are just being dicks about blocking cross-play against other consoles, rather than blocking cross-play as a concept. It also highlights their previous excuse about protecting their consumers from platforms outside of their console to be bollocks, as a bunch of PS4 games have cross-play with PC.,
Unfortunately that's exactly what Sony wants you to do

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe so, but some of us have already left Sony behind because of all these practises. It would be a silly idea now to buy third party stuff on PS4 if you can have the game on X1X, PC or even Switch.

Sure, I'm not doubting some people will leave over this. However, very few will and that's the problem. Not enough people care to make it worthwhile to Sony to move on it.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Only hope is to pray for the EU to do something.

My account works for cross play, but how fucked up is it that I had to fear that maybe, just MAYBE, I may have had some dealings with PSN through my Epic account? Did I download that free Fortnite or did I just look at it on the store page? What about Paragon? Were there any other games I forgot and now I'm screwed?

This is not a thing that should be.

AFAIK there are people that played Paragon, didn't touch Fortnite, and still have their account hostage and cannot use it to play Fortnite in any other console.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Sony doesn't realise that a lot of multi console owners will just start buying multiplayer focused multiplats on Switch and Xbox going forward.

The thing is though, multi console owners are the minority. Most people don't buy multiple console platforms.

Of course it will, if you have an X and a Pro now you have multiple reasons to buy them on the xbox. Better performance, Crossplay and progression.

Isn't it the opposite? If you have both an X and Pro, there's no reason to buy the PS4 version if you have cross play since everything else is better on the X. Not allowing you cross play gives you an incentive to still get he PS4 version if you have friends who are only have a PS4.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Sony doesn't need to realize anything because that's not gonna happen..

Why not? What is Sony offering in this regard? The best version graphically? The ability to cross play? The option of portability? To play on multiple devices? The best online infrastructure? The promise of playing next gen with BC without re purchase? Best controller? What?

Last edited:

Madsenpai

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Sony is industry leader right now. They don't want the ship to leak. If MS and Nintendo were the industry leader they would do the same. So this is not a Sony issue. This is a system issue.

Apr 1, 2018
Why not? What is Sony offering in this regard? The best version graphically? The ability to cross play? The option of portability? The best online infrastructure? The promise of playing next gen with BC without re purchase? What?

Don't they offer Free to Play without a paywall?, I understand people are upset and rightfully so but Microsoft is also anti-consumer with Fortnite and people seem to turn a blind eye.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
How do you actually set up crossplay so play against Xbox owners? My son's friend has an Xbox but we've got a PS4 & Switch. They'd love to play together but obviously can't do it on the PS4.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
At this point they have to realize this does nothing but hurt them by making their platform the less appealing one to play on. What a dumb decision.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Don't they offer Free to Play without a paywall?, I understand people are upset and rightfully so but Microsoft is also anti-consumer with Fortnite and people seem to turn a blind eye.

Yep, bunch of anticonsumer things abound in these waters. Requiring paid subs for free to play, Sony blocking cross platform, etc.

Might I add that I'm somewhat irritated with the rising nature of additional 'logins/accounts' in gaming. It's honestly really annoying. It reminds me of how if you go to a few different grocery chains, Sam's Club, Walgreens, etc, you end up either with a million fucking 'accounts' with little cards, or you pay $3.99 for a two liter of soda lol. "Card member price : (normal price)".