• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Actually.. I never thought about that with regards to the show. Aren't all the Martells dead or captured? So who rules Dorne?
There are eight Sand Snakes.

So 8-3=

giphy.gif

So Dorne being written out of the show is stupid to me.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

So 8-3=

giphy.gif

So Dorne being written out of the show is stupid to me.

There also has to be a power structure below that of The Martells. I'm aware that more exist. They just haven't been introduced to the audience, so they may as well not exist like said power structure.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
There also has to be a power structure below that of The Martells. I'm aware that more exist. They just haven't been introduced to the audience, so they may as well not exist like said power structure.
It's whoever the mom had left in charge as regent. If there are 5 more sand snakes, reason suggests that when she and the other three were away, Ellara would have put someone in charge (like Jon did with Sansa).

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
That's what I mean. All of the Martell's that we've seen in the show are either dead or captured. So there isn't any known characters to rule over Dorne at the moment.

I mean, the show doesn't really care who rules Dorne. Just like they don't really care who rules Highgarden, or the Twins, or Horn Hill. Like half the realm should be in complete chaos trying to figure out succession plans but none of that is gonna be important.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
They don't even rule King's Landing. Cersei just receives hostages and people who are plotting to kill for her.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the show doesn't really care who rules Dorne. Just like they don't really care who rules Highgarden, or the Twins, or Horn Hill. Like half the realm should be in complete chaos trying to figure out succession plans but none of that is gonna be important.
Your point makes me giggle when people look at the current head butting in Winterfall and go, "you guys need to be united!" The Riverlands are in chaos due to the killing off of all the Male Frey. The Reach (the breadbasket of Westeros) is a looted, pillaged, and sacked (Highgraden) mess. Dorne is doing whatever. The Stormlands...what the hell is happening there? The Vale has breast milk connoisseur Robyn "I want to see bad men fly" Arryn chilling while his army has been repurposed behind his back.

Even if the heroes can retreat south, they're going to run into a disorganised southern part of the continent, and the Golden Company. Taking out Cersei and uniting the south was absolutely the move they should have done first.

They don't even rule King's Landing. Cersei just receives hostages and people who are plotting to kill for her.

Remember when Margeary and even Joff would go around KL and whatnot? The meeting in the pit is one only time I recall Cersei leaving the Red Keep since her walk of shame.

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Karsi is a much better character than Tormund, and hasn't killed a bunch of innocent children to my knowledge.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's another thing I don't like, Cersei blew up the sept and had the mountain go around killing people who trash-talked her, but we should see the outcome of that. People cowering in fear as Cersei's troops enforce curfews, people executed for speaking out against Cersei, and some sparrow left-overs praying to the seven and cursing her. But for all we know fuck all has changed.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
That's another thing I don't like, Cersei blew up the sept and had the mountain go around killing people who trash-talked her, but we should see the outcome of that. People cowering in fear as Cersei's troops enforce curfews, people executed for speaking out against Cersei, and some sparrow left-overs praying to the seven and cursing her. But for all we know fuck all has changed.

That pissed me off honestly. You go from the end of season 6, where you have a coronation scene where the assembled people are piss scared, to the opening episode of season 7 where Cersei has somehow convinced everyone that she's the sane one and it's in fact the foreign Queen they need to be afraid of. Like how are you not facing an insurrection right now? Even Joff had people throwing shit at him and starting riots and what not.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That pissed me off honestly. You go from the end of season 6, where you have a coronation scene where the assembled people are piss scared, to the opening episode of season 7 where Cersei has somehow convinced everyone that she's the sane one and it's in fact the foreign Queen they need to be afraid of. Like how are you not facing an insurrection right now? Even Joff had people throwing shit at him and starting riots and what not.

Right it would have been the perfect opportunity for some to say they were better off under the Targs, some not, some trying to outright propangadize in favor or against Dany.

Same problem with ep1, the arrival of the GC should have had one scene with people reacting to their arrival, some being angry, some confused, some yelling at them to get rid of Cersei.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The northerners, who hate everything and turn on everyone would make better King's Landing residents.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the reactions towards the dick jokes.
They have been here forever, both books and the show. Yeah they were wittier back then, but it isn't exactly out of character.

They were not only wittier but also an appendice to all the good writing around it. The latter banter relies too much on cock and balls. It also gets wearisome after 8 years of it.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
What's even more annoying is that Sam's family were actually deserving of what happened to them, were given multiple opportunities (that neither of the other two examples were given) to keep their lives and titles, and still refused. Fuck them and fuck Sam. Always hated every bit of his story, and fighting to keep awake through most of it.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
What's even more annoying is that Sam's family were actually deserving of what happened to them, were given multiple opportunities (that neither of the other two examples were given) to keep their lives and titles, and still refused. Fuck them and fuck Sam. Always hated every bit of his story, and fighting to keep awake through most of it.
She didn't need to kill both of them at the same time. She coulda killed the dad first and given the son a chance to see the error of his ways.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
She didn't need to kill both of them at the same time. She coulda killed the dad first and given the son a chance to see the error of his ways.
Anyone that nutty to refuse even their own dad telling them to not needlessly die along with them, would absolutely stab you in the back the moment they had an opportunity. Dickon would be a seething ball of hate that would either need to be locked in a dungeon forever, or be kept under watch. The other option would have been to send him to the wall, which they both refused. You don't keep dangerous people alive.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm guessing most have never seen this deleted scene of Pycelle and Tywin

It's a neat scene, but it was better off cut because it would have made no sense for Pycelle to go back to this fake-identity in fron of Tywin in subsequent meetings. Him stretching out and speaking with a different voice after banging a prostitute worked better.

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm laughing at the execution part. I honestly do believe that Dany gives up the throne, and she realises that there more important things in life. I believe that her giving it up is essentially foreshadowed by her trip beyond the wall. She wouldn't be risking all of her men, and all her followers, and all her dragons to fight for people that hate her because of her family, if she desired the throne more than anything else.

I also don't believe the Starks would rule the seven kingdom either. A family with barely any soldiers to their name, isn't going to enforce their rule on a whole continent. Plus their style of rule would get them run out of the south in a matter of months. Have we forgotten the Game of Thrones part of the story? There's more of a chance that the seven kingdoms break up into independent realms, than for the Starks to rule over it all.

Bran Stark makes the Game of Thrones part irrelevant to the Starks. He was the key to beating Littlefinger. You really can't plot against the Starks when they have Bran on their side. He makes this piece of Littlefinger advice possible for them:

Littlefinger: "Don't fight in the North, or the South. Fight every battle, everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend, every possible series of events is happening all at once. Live that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before."

And Bran spends his free time viewing different timelines as if he were the Kwisatz Haderach. He knows almost everything that's coming

qz5riaxlh9t21.png

And then there's Arya's ultimate assassin skills. Arya brought down House Frey by herself. She can bring other antagonistic houses down too through subterfuge.

Basically, they're pretty much unstoppable.

Honestly, a Stark victory and control over Westeros seems to be where we're headed. It's not like any of the current Starks aside from Jon are anything like Ned Stark nor do they rule like Ned Stark. Is Arya an honor-obsessed idiot? Is Sansa? Is Bran? No.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Anyone that nutty to refuse even their own dad telling them to not needlessly die along with them, would absolutely stab you in the back the moment they had an opportunity. Dickon would be a seething ball of hate that would either need to be locked in a dungeon forever, or be kept under watch. The other option would have been to send him to the wall, which they both refused. You don't keep dangerous people alive.

Yup. Absolutely hate that scene now because instead of people hating how absolutely insanely stupid the Tarly's are, "Fuck the future of our house let's die together Dad"/ Papa Tarly not clocking his son in the face or pleading with Dany to restrain his son so as not to doom the future of his house... we get DANY IS A MONSTER JUST LIKE HER DAD. Just nonsense

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Kneel to me or die. You have already betrayed your lords. Think of your family

Fuck that

Perhaps you could send them to the wall, your grace?

Get fucked, bitch!

Yeah, kill me too! I'd rather fucking die than follow you or go to the wall.

Welp, dracarys

OMGdaeneryshowcouldyouyouresocrueljustlikeyourcrazydadjonstheonlytruekingOMG

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bran Stark makes the Game of Thrones part irrelevant to the Starks. He was the key to beating Littlefinger. You really can't plot against the Starks when they have Bran on their side.
Of course you can plot against them. Bran can see things, but he still can't stop an army if it were hellbent on taking or destroying Winterfell. It remains unclear to what extent Bran really wants to participate in Westeros power grabs.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Daenerys will decide to give up the throne, and try to settle for a simpler life. A cottage with a red door, lemon trees, and grass to walk in barefoot.

Then Jon will give up the crown to... stand outside in the snow? What does he like to do?

Then power couple Sansa and Tyrion take over and make sure there's enough grain and wine for everyone and every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bran Stark makes the Game of Thrones part irrelevant to the Starks. He was the key to beating Littlefinger. You really can't plot against the Starks when they have Bran on their side. He makes this piece of Littlefinger advice possible for them:

And Bran spends his free time viewing different timelines as if he were the Kwisatz Haderach. He knows almost everything that's coming

qz5riaxlh9t21.png

And then there's Arya's ultimate assassin skills. Arya brought down House Frey by herself. She can bring other antagonistic houses down too through subterfuge.

Honestly, a Stark victory and control over Westeros seems to be where we're headed. It's not like any of the current Starks aside from Jon are anything like Ned Stark nor do they rule like Ned Stark. Is Arya an honor-obsessed idiot? Is Sansa? Is Bran? No.

Bran is a wizard. Arya a super assassin. Jon a dragon king. What is Sansa's power? Manipulative liar? I can only see her as Littlefinger's heir.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

In the books, there's a Sand Snake in Oldtown studying as a maester and disguised as a man named Alleras/Sarella. Could have given us another named Dornish character while making Sam's time there slightly more interesting so it was a shame they didn't go that route.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

qz5riaxlh9t21.png

So you think it's best for the realm to be ruled by a LF protege who hides strategic life saving information from her own family because she doesn't trust them, the freaking terminator, and a dead eyed cripple playing at being Professor X? What happens if Bran is dead at the end? I honestly think Bran only helped them that time due to LF posing a threat to the family. I don't believe that Bran is interested in regime building for the Starks.

Yup. Absolutely hate that scene now because instead of people hating how absolutely insanely stupid the Tarly's are, "Fuck the future of our house let's die together Dad"/ Papa Tarly not clocking his son in the face or pleading with Dany to restrain his son so as not to doom the future of his house... we get DANY IS A MONSTER JUST LIKE HER DAD. Just nonsense

People like to claim that the Tarly's were right in choosing to stand with Cersei over Olenna's rebellion, but there's already precedent in the show as to what is expected of a bannerman when their liege is captured or murdered. Robb Stark had every Stark bannerman called for when Ned was arrested, and told his maestor that they were all honorbound to protect and fight for his father. What the Tarlys did would be like if the Karstarks disobeyed that command and sided with King Jof.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Bran is a wizard. Arya a super assassin. Jon a dragon king. What is Sansa's power?

Manipulative liar? I can only see her as Littlefinger's heir.

According to GRRM, Sansa is Littlefinger's heir.

GRRM: "Up to now, Sansa has been a piece that other people have moved about the board to achieve their own goals, using her, discarding her, using her for a different purpose, you know, 'You're gonna marry Joffrey.' 'No, you're gonna marry Loras.' 'You're gonna marry Tyrion.' She is beginning to at least try to understand how she can play the game of thrones and be, not a piece, but a player with her own goals and moving other pieces around. And she's not a warrior like Robb, Jon Snow. She's not even a wild child like Arya. She can't fight with swords, axes. She can't raise armies. But she has her wits, the same as Littlefinger has."

The show doesn't know how to present a smart Sansa so they just repeatedly tell you that she's smart.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
What do you guys think of Night King capturing Dany's dragons, defeating Dany, the humans and effectively becoming the ruler of Westeros like he wants? The surviving humans, Jon Snow, Jaime, Bronn, Mountain, etc all flee to Essos in the ships Yara has and that ends the whole "Battle of Five Kings" drama. The next stage is set for Jon Snow and others forming alliances in Essos and trying to overthrow the Night King and his zombies.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to GRRM, Sansa is Littlefinger's heir.

The show doesn't know how to present a smart Sansa so they just repeatedly tell you that she's smart.
This is one of the only issues I have with the show. They've done a terrible job at making Sansa good at anything. She constantly shits on Jon's plans and ideas without ever offering an alternative. She didn't mention the Vale to Jon but when she brings the army we're expected to give her credit for something she barely had to think about.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
d
Maybe Daenerys will decide to give up the throne, and try to settle for a simpler life. A cottage with a red door, lemon trees, and grass to walk in barefoot.

Then Jon will give up the crown to... stand outside in the snow? What does he like to do?

Then power couple Sansa and Tyrion take over and make sure there's enough grain and wine for everyone and every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party.

Only for thanos to come in and activate the snap

Status
Not open for further replies.