• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't just burn his daughter alive and fucking watch it, but he led his wife to suicide and then led an army of men to their deaths for his own pride and honor.

Stannis is literally one of the worst characters in the show. He indirectly led to Ned Stark's death by making his own claim to the throne and killed Renly who was probably the best option for King in the history of the show. And Renly's death led directly to Robb's death as well. I don't care what anyone says. That fucker can rot. The only worthwhile thing he did in the history of the series is save Jon's ass. That's it.

So, Stannis should've just let Renly usurp his claim? Stannis is the truest motherfucker Westeros has ever known.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Regarding the crypt and raising undead, wouldn't the crypt hold basically skeletons right about now? don't think that'll play into it, unless it's more like part of the night king army borrow their way to the crypts.

I read a theory on reddit that the Night King won't be able to control the Stark dead, and that Bran will do his thang and control them instead. Just a theory but I'll latch onto it because there are kids down there and my heart can't take it.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I read a theory on reddit that the Night King won't be able to control the Stark dead, and that Bran will do his thang and control them instead. Just a theory but I'll latch onto it because there are kids down there and my heart can't take it.
But my point is, the Stark dead are just bones, have we seen walking bones with no ligaments to hold them together before?

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
By the Gods that was an incredible episode....besides the fanservice scene smh

Everyone expecting people to die and it didn't happen is still the most GOT thing to do since it was the unexpected

PS What is with the damn showtime schedule in the threadtitle
Its been 8 fucking seasons, if you don't know what time the show starts you should be sent to the wall

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very funny to watch their battle plan and them not mention the super zombie dragon.

On that note: I'm still in disbelief that they went through with that monumentally dumb plan that gifted the Night King with express 1 day shipping through Westeros Prime on a dragon of legends.

All to try and prove to a clearly unhinged person that zombies are real (which she saw and proceeded not to give a fuck which fans all called). Book readers, do you feel GRRM has this happen? It was such a weak point of the last season. I admit I'm excited at how much the threat level went up after that. But my Lord that plan was ridiculous.
Considering Cersei is never sitting the Iron Throne in the books, nah. The Others will probably get Viserion in an actual battle that they have to retreat from.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
And? Dead is dead. It doesn't matter if it was offscreen or not.

And the Targaryens are the true royal family of Westeros anyway. They ruled for over 300 years before Robert and Rhaegar fucked everything up. So Jon and Dany's claims are still stronger than Stannis's even if he was still alive. Which he isn't. So it doesn't matter lol

That's debatable as women can't inherit the Iron Throne and Jon is a deserting Night's Watch member. If Stannis were alive, he'd have the stronger legal claim between Dany and Jon

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We still haven't heard Bran say his "All the steps you have taken have led you here, where you belong... home".
Now I can imagine this is for Theon?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

The next four episodes are literally movie length. Note that the runtime is minus the opening sequence, end credits, and behind the scenes.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That's debatable as women can't inherit the Iron Throne and Jon is a deserting Night's Watch member. If Stannis were alive, he'd have the stronger legal claim between Dany and Jon
No he wouldn't. Robert overthrowing Aerys does not magically make the claim of the remaining Targaryens disappear. He was the usurper. The Targaryens are true rulers of the 7 kingdoms. They are the ones that made the damn throne.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Daenerys has become one of my least favourite characters. Everything she does and says is annoying.

Brienne being knighted was the highlight of the episode.

This was always going to happen when Daenerys showed up to Westeros. They've been fucked to hell and back and this *WOMAN* with her *FOREIGN* armies and dragons thinks she can just show up and rule?

They're frustrated with her and she's frustrated that no one cares that she's there to save them. She's used to being Mysa and "rescuing" all the slaves with a single word. (rescue in quotes because the slaves that she freed didn't seem to really be in better shape when she left)

Daeny is Theon's queen, but he showed up to fight for Sansa, not her. She's jealous that Sansa can actually rule and run Winterfell. Plus she's frustrated with Jon because everyone still looks at him like he's in charge and not her.

Winterfell and the north are becoming problems for Daenerys, and her go-to solution to problems in the past has been fire and blood. This isn't some big character shift, this is who she always was.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
The fuck is going on with this Arya stuff all over the internet? Did i miss something? Why are people weird about it?
The show is full of sex scenes, the actress is 22. Is it just because we saw her "grow up" on the show that its weird or something? I really dont follow?

She literally had sex scenes 5 years ago with 2014 movie.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Then maybe Rhaegar should have done something about Aerys
Book-wise, I think there was a lot of speculation that he would've been amenable to it but the Robert/Lyanna situation precluded any peaceful resolution. I dunno if I'm on the money there, there are book theories about everything. I'll try to dig it up.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
What moments, it was full of zzZ.
Only thing i remember from is Arya's disappointing body.
Literally both are filler episodes with 0 interesting thing happens. Atleast we saw dragons on first episode
It was all character stuff, and people dealing with the fact that they are all about to die.

Not every episode can be a dragon zombie fight

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally both are filler episodes with 0 interesting thing happens. Atleast we saw dragons on first episode

Theon and Sansa.
Davos, the little girl and Gilly.
Pod, Jaime, Tormund, Davos, Brienne, Tyrion drinking and talking.
Brienne being knighted.
Jon telling Dany about his parentage.
Pod singing Jennys song.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the dragons should have been a topic of discussion. They know that the Night King can one-shot a dragon. So do you bring them out right away? Or wait until your human army is failing? If the undead show up with a dragon do your release your dragons to fight them?

Maybe the dragon discussions are being withheld from us, but it seems like a pretty important conversation to withhold.
Agreed

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dumbass take, or trolling? Either way, awful post.

Ep 2 was the long goodbye for many fan favorites in a time where no one's fate from here on out is certain. Ep 1 dragged and set the table for Ep 2, although I wish they could have been combined into one 80 min episode,

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
He didn't just burn his daughter alive and fucking watch it, but he led his wife to suicide and then led an army of men to their deaths for his own pride and honor.

Stannis is literally one of the worst characters in the show. He indirectly led to Ned Stark's death by making his own claim to the throne and killed Renly who was probably the best option for King in the history of the show. And Renly's death led directly to Robb's death as well. I don't care what anyone says. That fucker can rot. The only worthwhile thing he did in the history of the series is save Jon's ass. That's it.

According to GRRM, Stannis is a cut above Henry Tudor and Tiberius Caesar because he's actually a righteous man and cares about Westeros.

He's an interesting character.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yes I have and that's why I asked you. Because it was clear that Rhaegar knew what his father had become. There was no way he was going to leave him in power. The tourney of Harrenhal and the facts behind it are proof of that.

Rhaegar is also at fault for ruining the 7 kingdoms though. If Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar had simply been open about their engagement then the 7 kingdoms wouldn't be so shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.