Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OpulentObedientDrongo-size_restricted.gif

this looks great hahaha.

so iguess the loot boxes are back but with more varied loot

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That games movement for sure seems tighter? I mean that in a way you have more room and control outside of cover so cover is less needed. Also the roadie run seems more controllable when you are in full speed.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That games movement for sure seems tighter? I mean that in a way you have more room and control outside of cover so cover is less needed. Also the roadie run seems more controllable when you are in full speed.

man, i think i got what seems weird about that gif.

or the person playing is very good, or that lancer hasn't any recoil?

he doesnt even aim to shoot straight, isn;t that weird ?

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
Lead MP Designer talks about ways to get customization items in Gears 5

Seems to be similar to Titanfall 2 - direct purchase, progression unlocks, and randomised lootboxes rewarded for playing the game.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'm still not a fan of the lootboxes, even if they're only obtained by playing and can't be purchased, but it's still a much fairer system than some other games.

Also, I'm not aware of how it all worked in previous Gears games but will the T-800/Sarah Connor skins in the game also get unique stuff like Executions? Or is it just a different skin with dialogue?

Last edited:

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not a fan of the lootboxes, even if they're only obtained by playing and can't be purchased, but it's still a much fairer system than some other games.

Also, I'm not aware of how it all worked in previous Gears games but will the T-800/Sarah Connor skins in the game also get unique stuff like Executions? Or is it just a different skin?

I don't believe there were ever customization executions before, but looks like they are in 5. Given this change, I think it's safe to assume we may see some special executions.

Seems to be similar to Titanfall 2 - direct purchase, progression unlocks, and randomised lootboxes rewarded for playing the game.

Great news.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

So glad to see they got rid of randomized premium loot boxes after milking it like crazy in Gears 4.

I still hate the success in PvE will be gated by a need to grind your characters. I hate arbitrary limitations like this. OG horde was the best, when it was just you, your skill and your resourcefulness.

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
Gears was a game changer when it first launched in 2005/(6?)

Everyone was aping it. But now it just doesn't feel like something I'd wanna buy. The gameplay hasn't seen much change since its inception. I can't even blame them, these are the core mechanics and you can't mess around with it.

But higher mobility is something I want from third person shooters now and gears still feels like controlling a tank, a much quicker and mobile tank, but a tank nonetheless.

Guess I'm just being nitpicky.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i cant believe i payed $1 dollar for this game, if you know what i mean! DAY - 4, if you also know what i mean lol, super hyped!

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
That will completely alter multiplayer strategies but whatever. I guess I will just have to run hoping no one spots me because they will just fuck me up through the smoke with no stun.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
everything about Gears 5 has been really underwhelming

after Cliff stopped making the games the magic has been gone

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
ive not really played gears other than getting about halfway through the first campaign (liked it) is this shaping up well? i see some people talking about how it just seems like a tighter version of the old games but that doesn't really bother me since i havent had the opportunity to get fatigued yet

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ive not really played gears other than getting about halfway through the first campaign (liked it) is this shaping up well? i see some people talking about how it just seems like a tighter version of the old games but that doesn't really bother me since i havent had the opportunity to get fatigued yet

We haven't seen enough of the campaign to know, apparently there's going to be a big shake up for the series so it's got more of a hub world where you can travel to different areas.

For some reason they're not showing more of the single player until September when the game releases.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You think the Gears 5 Escape reveal was hated. But looking at the likes and dislikes on the trailers with the most views. Its pretty good.

300k views. 6.3k likes, 647 dislikes

450k views. 7k likes and 966 dislikes

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel fairly whelmed by everything shown for this game. Maybe it's just time to move away from the franchise and do something fresh, but I guess the investors/producers see something I don't.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Are Hunters the one that in the Escape gameplay just grabbed you from behind and tried to drag you away while putting you in a sleeper hold?

cause I already hate them.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I feel fairly whelmed by everything shown for this game. Maybe it's just time to move away from the franchise and do something fresh, but I guess the investors/producers see something I don't.

The problem is that you have a very dedicated and hardcore multiplayer community who feels Gears of War plays perfectly and doesn't want to see it altered.

If the Coalition and MS really want to do something new with the franchise, at some point they might just have to say "fuck the fans" and ignore them.