• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
1714630075591.png

Getting that last star on 12-2 is gonna suck

GG

Hope it didnt take too many wishes

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
There we go, my Stonethresher finally hit lv90. I only noticed now I was doing that hard Abyss yesterday with a lv87 weapon lol. I am really happy with Gaming's build now, he is a powerhouse and so fun to play. :D Definitely gonna crown his E down the line.

Screenshot-2024-05-02-083845.png

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
screenshot_2024-05-02_102326_ne8.png

My current rankings on Akasha, surprised to see Furina and Raiden that high! ( And Navia and Neuv that low considering they're some of my best built characters!)
also glad to see my Arle isn't that bad.

arlecchino-6629f6ba8f1b3f627fb1b581_fiz2.png

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
screenshot_2024-05-02_102326_ne8.png

My current rankings on Akasha, surprised to see Furina and Raiden that high! ( And Navia and Neuv that low considering they're some of my best built characters!)
also glad to see my Arle isn't that bad.

arlecchino-6629f6ba8f1b3f627fb1b581_fiz2.png
Wow, your characters are really good! Thanks for posting, I always find it fascinating to see! :) And your Arle is very good! I bet she is a monster and does tons of damage.

Here is mine, I added a little extra at the bottom since my Faruzan and Cyno are my best built but have no leaderboards. :D Really happy with my progress since my account is only 11 months old.
It is also fascinating to see just how insanely popular Raiden is and how many people built her, she is my fourth best built character but only top 51% on her own ranking lol.

Screenshot-2024-05-02-092210.png

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
Wow, your characters are really good! Thanks for posting, I always find it fascinating to see! :) And your Arle is very good! I bet she is a monster and does tons of damage.

Here is mine, I added a little extra at the bottom since my Faruzan and Cyno are my best built but have no leaderboards. :D Really happy with my progress since my account is only 11 months old.
It is also fascinating to see just how insanely popular Raiden is and how many people built her, she is my fourth best built character but only top 51% on her own ranking lol.

Screenshot-2024-05-02-092210.png
Thanks Buttons! Always appreciate your positivity!
And your Cyno and Faruzan look pretty great as well!

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks Buttons! Always appreciate your positivity!
And your Cyno and Faruzan look pretty great as well!
Aw, thanks so much. As a Cyno main, my Cyno is my pride and joy. He was the hardest to build with him needing at least 135-140 ER for solo electro with Thundering Fury, good crit values and tons of EM for his reactions and signature weapon. The game gave me some really good artifacts for him though and now he is an absolute monster now and I love it.

And now that I finally tried aggrevate yesterday by simply adding Kuki to the team, I found another fun team to use where his burst is always up early. Not nearly as high damage as Furina quickbloom, but so much more flexible and also overworld friendly which he was always missing with Quickbloom. :D

Also coming back to the current Abyss, I just had a realisation. Since Furina can one-shot Coppelius shield, this means I can actually bring my Qiqi hydro team for the first side of this Abyss. Maybe I will try a Qiqi clear after all, I just saw a video on Qiqi mains where the other person who usually clears Abyss with Qiqi like me cleared it. Maybe I will try this weekend. :)

Muras

Oct 28, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/YzuPbFxBOB0

Alkez
Alrighty, I managed to record a successful run and upload it to YouTube. Still made plenty of mistakes, Coppelius in particular didn't go the way I wanted, but I think I still did better than my first run overall, heh. I feel the first team isn't really all that special, it's mostly carried by Furina/Yae/Noelle. Kirara just helps a bit. It's hard to say whether it'd work for other people who don't have the constellations for Furina and Yae.

After recording it and being able to watch it frame by frame though, I can see the 2nd party does indeed create a lot of Burgeon. In fact, a lot of the damage probably comes from that and really helps with multiple enemies due to the AoE. I think with Nahida's burst up, it was doing 20-30k per Burgeon, depending on the enemy. Vape does happen from time to time, but it's much more rare so I don't think it matters much. I don't have many constellations with the characters on the 2nd side (Or even amazing artifacts, aside from Yelan), so other people should be able to pull off similar results easily enough if they wanted :P

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017

Alkez
Alrighty, I managed to record a successful run and upload it to YouTube. Still made plenty of mistakes, Coppelius in particular didn't go the way I wanted, but I think I still did better than my first run overall, heh. I feel the first team isn't really all that special, it's mostly carried by Furina/Yae/Noelle. Kirara just helps a bit. It's hard to say whether it'd work for other people who don't have the constellations for Furina and Yae.

After recording it and being able to watch it frame by frame though, I can see the 2nd party does indeed create a lot of Burgeon. In fact, a lot of the damage probably comes from that and really helps with multiple enemies due to the AoE. I think with Nahida's burst up, it was doing 20-30k per Burgeon, depending on the enemy. Vape does happen from time to time, but it's much more rare so I don't think it matters much. I don't have many constellations with the characters on the 2nd side (Or even amazing artifacts, aside from Yelan), so other people should be able to pull off similar results easily enough if they wanted :P

Your Noelle team looks so fun to play. You just gave me an idea, I really noticed the lack of a geo DPS lately since I only have Albedo. But I do have Furina, C6 Noelle and a Stonethresher. I guess I need to put Noelle on the level in the future list. :D

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Got 36 stars last night, this is definitely the hardest abyss in a while. Only really because of 12-2 and my lack of dodging skill, those two lectors are a pain in the ass!

The fact they drain your energy is the real problem, especially when like me you take Arle into that side, you suck at dodging and they drain her energy so you can't heal her! Going to switch her team to the first side next time and she will just nuke everything there. I was using Arle, Xiangling, Chevy and Raiden.

The lectors are quite funny though, it's like the game saying your constellations for Arle can't save you now!

Next time I think I'll use Arle, Candace, Kazuha and Zhongli on the first side. I tested it on the triple kenkis last night and took them out in about 10 seconds! Hit a 700k burst on them!

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Got 36 stars last night, this is definitely the hardest abyss in a while. Only really because of 12-2 and my lack of dodging skill, those two lectors are a pain in the ass!

The fact they drain your energy is the real problem, especially when like me you take Arle into that side, you suck at dodging and they drain her energy so you can't heal her! Going to switch her team to the first side next time and she will just nuke everything there. I was using Arle, Xiangling, Chevy and Raiden.

The lectors are quite funny though, it's like the game saying your constellations for Arle can't save you now!

Next time I think I'll use Arle, Candace, Kazuha and Zhongli on the first side. I tested it on the triple kenkis last night and took them out in about 10 seconds! Hit a 700k burst on them!
Congrats on your clear, it seems the majority of people are struggling on 12-2. I see the same comments on all reddits, forums and Abyss youtube videos. xD

C6 Candace looks so cool with Arle, I am so glad to see Candace being used as she is my favourite female character design-wise. If only she had her C6 at C1 already, mine is only C1 lol.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Congrats on your clear, it seems the majority of people are struggling on 12-2. I see the same comments on all reddits, forums and Abyss youtube videos. xD

C6 Candace looks so cool with Arle, I am so glad to see Candace being used as she is my favourite female character design-wise. If only she had her C6 at C1 already, mine is only C1 lol.
I love her design too, she's one of my favourites! I actually already had her at level 90 as when she first released I built her and used her in a hyperbloom team with Kuki, Dendro Traveller (can now be replaced with Nahida) and Kazuha. It works really well and doesn't need her C6 so I'd definitely give it a try if you want to use her.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I love her design too, she's one of my favourites! I actually already had her at level 90 as when she first released I built her and used her in a hyperbloom team with Kuki, Dendro Traveller (can now be replaced with Nahida) and Kazuha. It works really well and doesn't need her C6 so I'd definitely give it a try if you want to use her.
Sounds fun! Candace is also on my "must level" list, but right now she is probably after Xiao, Ayaka, Charlotte, Ayato, Yae Miko, Noelle. xD

I am thinking of building Candace as a hydro plunge DPS to trigger vapes with Xiangling and Xianyun. I saw some fun teams doing this in a few videos and thought I want to try this, as I also have Staff of Scarlett Sands which is awesome for vapes. Would also work with lower constellaton Candace. The trickiest part will be getting her enough ER for her burst since she needs the hydro infusion.
And of course, once she is built she can always be used in hyperbloom teams which I enjoy playing anyway.

And back to our not so favourite Abyss again, I just saw a Klee team that I want to try. It's my usual plunge team but with Xiangling instead of Bennet, no idea why I never thought to try this but it looks so fun.

Klee coming back with a vengeance 😈 (floor 12 chamber 2 first half)

Last edited:

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Sounds fun! Candace is also on my "must level" list, but right now she is probably after Xiao, Ayaka, Charlotte, Ayato, Yae Miko, Noelle. xD

I am thinking of building Candace as a hydro plunge DPS to trigger vapes with Xiangling and Xianyun. I saw some fun teams doing this in a few videos and thought I want to try this, as I also have Staff of Scarlett Sands which is awesome for vapes. Would also work with lower constellaton Candace. The trickiest part will be getting her enough ER for her burst since she needs the hydro infusion.
And of course, once she is built she can always be used in hyperbloom teams which I enjoy playing anyway.

And back to our not so favourite Abyss again, I just saw a Klee team that I want to try. It's my usual plunge team but with Xiangling instead of Bennet, no idea why I never thought to try this but it looks so fun.

Klee coming back with a vengeance 😈 (floor 12 chamber 2 first half)
Ah that sounds really cool too, will have to try it out with my Candace for sure. She has really cool animations as well and her skill feels really satisfying to use, I'm glad she's getting some shine now!

Yeah I think Klee and Yanfei will be really good for this abyss, the fact they can constantly apply pyro to get the shields down for the lectors is great and they'd also work nicely on the first side of 12-2 as shown in your link.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Kirara up to Friendship level 10. Of my built characters, only Xianyun and Charlotte are left to max out so I'll be playing Hu Tao plunge for a while before shifting to a Ayaka/Charlotte team.

Eden

Nov 15, 2017
I took a long break after 4.1 cause I was getting burned out but had to come back for Arle 😍 It's exciting to see how much map exploration I have now.

Sadly missed out on Yae yet again. I'll get her one day 😭

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I took a long break after 4.1 cause I was getting burned out but had to come back for Arle 😍 It's exciting to see how much map exploration I have now.

Sadly missed out on Yae yet again. I'll get her one day 😭
Welcome back to the game! Are you gonna pull Arle? :D

I hope you will have an amazing time with Genshin again.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I dunno if those numbers are good or bad, but I'm assuming mediocre for a new character. Poor Itto most aren't gonna waste a wish for him after Navia's existence.

Only thing that is effy about Paimon.moe is they only track the numbers of people who manually upload their data to the site. So it's a good indicator of what the community who uses it are wishing on but I wouldn't call it the most accurate gauge of how well characters have performed as a whole.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno if those numbers are good or bad, but I'm assuming mediocre for a new character. Poor Itto most aren't gonna waste a wish for him after Navia's existence.

wouldn't put much stock in those numbers. I'm assuming they're just tracking users of that site (and most likely just the one that update/track their wish history). and even going by those numbers:

Itto's 1st banner 238K pulls
Itto's 2nd banner 94K pulls
Itto's 3rd banner 28K pulls
Itto's 4th banner 7K pulls

Navia's first banner 130K pulls

Understandably, a new and more flexible Geo damage dealer will have an impact somewhat, but most people that wanted Itto already have him. And going by those pulls, he's quite popular

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Childe international is such a rough team. If you mess up just once your whole run can be dead.

One thing I don't quite understand is when you apply hydro with Childe and then burst with Bennet, it vapes all the hydro. But when I watch abyss runs some hydro remains so they can swirl it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I figure sometimes my setups are a little unusual, and I feel I play pretty sloppily as I often forget to use bursts XD I've found my own little play style with the game and rarely pay attention to what the "meta" is. My play style is basically "Shields + Off field damage" (Although I still try to dodge even with shields up, since I don't want to get bad at dodging when I'm left without a shield). I do consider reactions sometimes, but to me it's more about having everyone in the PT dealing damage at once rather than buffing a single unit... It's just more relaxing and casual for me to play that way, although that's not always possible to pull off. I just try to come up with teams that work in most situations, with some character swapping here and there. I use Albedo often too for his off field damage as well, he just wasn't as useful this time in Abyss.

But to get the full picture, my thought process was something like this:
  • C6 Kirara: Her C4 deals a small dendro attack every 4ish seconds when someone normal attacks (Noelle in this case) while her Dendro shield is up, which helps keep dendro getting applied to stuff. It's not amazing application, but it's enough to generate cores decently (Or keep aggrivate going). This attack counts as "burst" damage for some reason (Likely to make her more incompatible with Millelith set), and can proc the deepwood set for the 30% Dendro shred constantly (Which applies to bloom/hyperbloom). Being C6, everyone in the PT also gets a 12% elemental DMG boost every time she uses her skill or burst for 15s (So full up time), further amplifying everyones damage. It helps make up for the res shred Zhongli has at times. She's in an HP build for shield strength.
  • C6 Noelle: Team wide heals, shield, and hits like a truck. She's my main "on field" character in this party. She's really a jack of all trades and is often my go to character when I'm not sure who to slot into a party. Since Furina was added though, she often gets paired with her. Geo is kinda a neutral element, so she's often always usable in most fights.
  • C3 Furina: While her burst is great, I actually pulled her more for the off field damage she does. But yeah, her role is pretty simple, just damage and buffs.
  • C6 Yae Miko: My favorite off field character, hence the C6 XD I often try to pair her with Dendro for Quickening or Hyperbloom. Just does a ton of damage, and I'll even play her on field in situations where I have Aggrivate applied, especially with Xianyun giving Yae super plunge attacks.
I just try to keep Kirara's shield up for the dendro application, use Yae's and Furina's skill, Furina's burst, and then pop Noelle's shield and burst. Then just normal attack as much as I can while reapplying shields/skills as the battle goes on. Deepwood Dendro shred, Hyperblooms making use of said shred, and just a lot of off field damage in general. For the other side, it's a bit more simple:
  • C2 Nahida: Off field damage, DEF shred, dendro application for cores or aggrivate.
  • C0 Zhongli: Shield and res shred, some bursts. Same ol' Zhongli, nothing unique here XD
  • C0 Yelan: I usually don't use her for reactions, and when I do, it's for bloom/hyperbloom. Yelan is another off field damage dealer to me, where each of hit burst hits are doing 10-15k I think (So potentially 30-45k per "round")? But yeah, it allows for the occational vape I think, but it often mixes with the dendo to produce cores instead. Which is fine, since you get Burgeon for extra bits of damage with Arlecchino, although it's probably not much since Arlecchino doesn't have much EM.
  • C0 Arlecchino: Just big numbers and damage :P
Not much going on in the 2nd team... I think I get vapes sometimes, but I know I see burgeons sometimes too. Things just die eventually XD I generally try to start with Arle's skill, then Zhongli Shield, Nahida skill, Yelan skill then burst, then go to town with Arle. With Dendro/Hydro/Pyro happening all at once all the time, the boss on the last floor basically never had his shield up. Obviously with Arle being a new char, I often forget to use her skill at the start, I somehow always forget Nahida's burst even though it'd help a lot with the times Burgeon goes off and so forth.

Why not Xingqui? I just don't really like him (His character, how he plays and "feels"). I've had him C6 since 1.x and I've never leveled him past Lv60. I've never tried to get good artifacts for him. In fact, part of the reason I have Yelan is because I realised I already had a good artifact set leveled for her (I often level artifacts that have potential, whether I need 'em or not), and her banner was coming up at the time (Feb 7th 2023 apparently?). That's it, heh.

Basically, at the end of the day, these teams are kinda just brute force for the win, probably.

I haven't made a recording of THIS Abyss, but I have a few uploaded to YouTube for previous ones. I can try making a recording of it, but I can't promise I'll get one uploaded since this Abyss is more annoying. I think I beat the Lechtors with 3 seconds to spare. And again, I play pretty sloppily so there might be some face palming as well, haha.

I got most of my built characters on Akasha if you're curious about the artifacts.

Alkez

Thanks for the detailed post and video. Was really interesting to watch and get your thoughts. I think it's cool that you play the way that suits you. I do the same. And I've also come to the conclusion that I prefer multiple damage dealers rather than one hypercarry.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Arle's C2 is tempting. Someone tell me it's not as good as it sounds so I can stop thinking about it.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 36*, but actually had the most trouble with 12-3, as opposed to 12-2 like everyone else. That first half with 4 waves just ate up so much clock that I went into the 2nd half with less than a minute left.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

So, 44% damage increase with C2? That's smaller than I thought it would be, but also it feels like C1 and C2 would rampantly increase her bond of life uptime. But I guess Arle isn't really intended to be a full-time damage leader? I still don't fully get how she's best used, especially compared to the ease of use of my Al/Yelan/Raiden/Zhongli team.

Apr 24, 2024
Losing 3 50/50's to get Arlecchino and her weapon was a pain 😆
I've been slightly tempted to try again, my biggest stop is I do not want another FGM bow. I just got another Amos bow off the standard 2 days ago. I have nobody to use it so I'm just going to refine it and leave it on Fischl. If the other weapon was something decent I'd feel better about trying to pull for it. Arle is doing pretty good damage with the extra Scarlett Sands I have so I may just bail on her sig. I think I may still wish on the weapon banner till her sig leaves to build pity for Clorinde's signature.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
So, 44% damage increase with C2? That's smaller than I thought it would be, but also it feels like C1 and C2 would rampantly increase her bond of life uptime. But I guess Arle isn't really intended to be a full-time damage leader? I still don't fully get how she's best used, especially compared to the ease of use of my Al/Yelan/Raiden/Zhongli team.
It's a good constellation for sure but (however hypocritical me giving this advice is as I absolutely cannot follow it for myself...) I would probably wait till the end of the banner and see how you feel at that point. If you really love using her and still want it, go for it. But by then you may also just think a new character is more interesting.

The C2 basically gives you extra damage of course but the bigger change for me is that at C1 and below, you use her skill to apply the blood debt to the enemies and then have to wait for at least five seconds to let it cook to it's max value before then claiming it with a charge attack and getting bond of life from it. This isn't necessarily that bad though as in those five seconds you can bring the other team members on field to get their buffs and reactions going.

What C2 does is make it so you don't have to wait 5 seconds anymore, it's just at the max value right away. It adds more fleixibility to how you use her and personally I think it feels better to play her with it, but it's worth may vary based on preference tbh and it's by no means a necessary thing to have.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good constellation for sure but (however hypocritical me giving this advice is as I absolutely cannot follow it for myself...) I would probably wait till the end of the banner and see how you feel at that point. If you really love using her and still want it, go for it. But by then you may also just think a new character is more interesting.

The C2 basically gives you extra damage of course but the bigger change for me is that at C1 and below, you use her skill to apply the blood debt to the enemies and then have to wait for at least five seconds to let it cook to it's max value before then claiming it with a charge attack and getting bond of life from it. This isn't necessarily that bad though as in those five seconds you can bring the other team members on field to get their buffs and reactions going.

What C2 does is make it so you don't have to wait 5 seconds anymore, it's just at the max value right away. It adds more fleixibility to how you use her and personally I think it feels better to play her with it, but it's worth may vary based on preference tbh and it's by no means a necessary thing to have.

Oh, shit, the blood debts don't go away when she's shifted off. Good to know. I'm still operating primarily in Alhaitham mode, where Al is really only useful when he is on the field and at no other times.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Abyss Usage rates are out.

Man, it's a shame that Hoyo didn't rerun Cheveruse this patch instead of Xingaling. Especially with this being the Pyro Abyss. lol

People defaulted to Raiden National as expected, but pairing Raiden and Xiangling with Cheveruse basically let them steamroll their way past the Maguu Kenki Trio and Coppelius.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Such a shame that Gaming only has a 0.9% usage rate with how strong he is, oh well. I will continue my trend of using and loving the lesser loved characters like Cyno, Gaming and Qiqi. :D