• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Father being able to go off-field and back without losing her Pyro infusion is such a game changer. You can keep the infusion for long periods while exploring. Pure quality of life.

I so wish Cyno could keep his burst infusion after switching out, it would fix all his problems lol.

Yeah I'm saying, there's no dendro character able to provide good AOE application that can last the duration of his Burst State. Nahida technically can but it gets scuffed in wave content, and Baizhu is only able to do single target stuff.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I so wish Cyno could keep his burst infusion after switching out, it would fix all his problems lol.
Same for Alhaitham. I actually have to think well before swapping to him, and always making sure all support's abilities are active. And yet, most of the time he ends up being the solo elemental applier onfield because after learning how he works, you can make him easily outlast Kuki and XQ lmao.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I'm saying, there's no dendro character able to provide good AOE application that can last the duration of his Burst State. Nahida technically can but it gets scuffed in wave content, and Baizhu is only able to do single target stuff.
Yeah, Dendro MC works better in waves but it is circle impact again. Cyno would need a dendro Yelan/Xingqiu to fix his biggest flaw.

And Baizhu works well with him but I just do not like him much lol. Maybe if he did not have the glasses, exposed stomach and damn capri pants I could stomach pulling him.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Oh, shit, the blood debts don't go away when she's shifted off. Good to know. I'm still operating primarily in Alhaitham mode, where Al is really only useful when he is on the field and at no other times.
Nope and I'm pretty sure you also collect the bond of life from them if they die before you get back to Arle anyway in your rotation so pretty flexible, at C1 and below though you really want them to have that 5 seconds to cook for max bond of life when you do collect them. Her pyro infusion also doesn't go off until she runs out of bond of life so you can switch her out as much as you like. Feels a bit weird at times as I'm so not used to it!

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Father being able to go off-field and back without losing her Pyro infusion is such a game changer. You can keep the infusion for long periods while exploring. Pure quality of life.
The only problem is I like to swing the scythe around when moving about and end up setting her on fire lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nope and I'm pretty sure you also collect the bond of life from them if they die before you get back to Arle anyway in your rotation so pretty flexible, at C1 and below though you really want them to have that 5 seconds to cook for max bond of life when you do collect them. Her pyro infusion also doesn't go off until she runs out of bond of life so you can switch her out as much as you like. Feels a bit weird at times as I'm so not used to it!

I have noticed the Bond of Life stays for a long time (though it doesn't survive fast travel, sadly), which is definitely cool. I don't actually have a synergy team built around her yet, I'm just using her in one of my two daily commission teams to get her friendship score up, but I guess at some point I'll need to figure out some good units to pair her with.

Pyro has been my weakest element pretty consistently since launch, with Diluc being the only unit in that element that I've powered up, and that means that my pyro team comp has been less about elemental synergy and more about panicked berserk swinging of the sword from behind a shield.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Yeah, Dendro MC works better in waves but it is circle impact again. Cyno would need a dendro Yelan/Xingqiu to fix his biggest flaw.

And Baizhu works well with him but I just do not like him much lol. Maybe if he did not have the glasses, exposed stomach and damn capri pants I could stomach pulling him.

You pull for Changsheng, not Baizhu~

changsheng-genshin.gif

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
I have noticed the Bond of Life stays for a long time (though it doesn't survive fast travel, sadly), which is definitely cool. I don't actually have a synergy team built around her yet, I'm just using her in one of my two daily commission teams to get her friendship score up, but I guess at some point I'll need to figure out some good units to pair her with.

Pyro has been my weakest element pretty consistently since launch, with Diluc being the only unit in that element that I've powered up, and that means that my pyro team comp has been less about elemental synergy and more about panicked berserk swinging of the sword from behind a shield.
Nice thing with her too is she's really flexible so you'll have a lot of options when you do put a team together specifically for her. I've been using her in overload (really want Chevreuse for that but even at C0 for her it works great), vape team with standard supports like Xingqui but now Candace too and she's also good in double Geo if you want a more comfy playstyle. She just does so much raw damage even if it's not a reaction she can be in any team!

Gonna feel great on your account then going from not much pyro wise to having Arle!

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I haven't had to change out my Vibro Crystals teams to Platinum.
Guess my 2 teams now are just good enough for all content ever.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Only need talents books for Clorinde now and of course Artifacts.

View: https://x.com/ototsukiharu/status/1786048002848604489

View: https://x.com/yuno_kaihara/status/1786048078983876933
Abyss Usage rates are out.

Man, it's a shame that Hoyo didn't rerun Cheveruse this patch instead of Xingaling. Especially with this being the Pyro Abyss. lol

People defaulted to Raiden National as expected, but pairing Raiden and Xiangling with Cheveruse basically let them steamroll their way past the Maguu Kenki Trio and Coppelius.
Yeah the team works so well even if I prefer Raiden/Kazuha/Sara/Bennett because ive been playing it for like 3 years. Chevreuse instead of Xiangling would have been nice but I'll just hope she shows up on Clorinde's banner to maybe C6 her. I did at least use Xiangling for the first time in a while on both of my accounts.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I went to the Deepwood/Gilded domain with a team comprised of Father/Raiden/Kazuha/Xingqiu. I can barely complete a full rotation before it's all over. What the hell is going on here.

Btw, this is how her build ended up:

Arlecchino.jpg

Absolute best I could get because the two final rolls on her circlet went to flat EM. 😑

Baizhu is the perfect counter for Furina's HP drain tho.

Also, last time I fought the Knave boss, she straight up one-shotted my Xingqiu. I revived him, and Baizhu brought him back to full health almost instantly. I'm glad I have him in the roster, he's always in my Abyss runs haha

The only problem is I like to swing the scythe around when moving about and end up setting her on fire lol
Her only downside is that we officially cannot touch grass anymore.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because as a Keqing main I've always enjoyed this. It allows for so much more creative play and skill expression. I think that's why she instantly resonated with me even though on paper I didn't think she was interesting. Cause I think she may be the most flexible and creative character I've played since Keqing. In an otherwise relatively straightforward combat system, characters like that are gems for a player like me.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

This got me curious. Is there a character named Leonardo (or something like it) in any of the Hoyoverse games? If so, that would be my answer lol.

It's funny because as a Keqing main I've always enjoyed this. It allows for so much more creative play and skill expression. I think that's why she instantly resonated with me even though on paper I didn't think she was interesting. Cause I think she may be the most flexible and creative character I've played since Keqing. In an otherwise relatively straightforward combat system, characters like that are gems for a player like me.
Wait, she can also do this?

Mind blown lol. Maybe I should finally give my C4 Keqing some love.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Her only downside is that we officially cannot touch grass anymore.
My Klee days made me used to this. If grass is not on fire you are doing it wrong.

This tweet inspired me, who is closest to yours

View: https://twitter.com/sangoblade/status/1785720091276878249
The closest I have I got that's playable is this freak from ZZZ I hate
latest

Close enough
latest

and for same birthday I got Honkai 3rd Natasha

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
This got me curious. Is there a character named Leonardo (or something like it) in any of the Hoyoverse games? If so, that would be my answer lol.

There's a Leo who is an angel in Simulated Universe but I'm not a lore freak so I don't know much context
Oh this guy from the 1.1. event with Scara
genshin-impact.fandom.com

Leonard

Leonard was an adventurer who lived approximately 2,600 years ago,[Note 1] as well as the designer and inventor of the Wind Glider.[2] Leonard and his legacy are the driving force behind the meteorites in the Unreconciled Stars event. Leonard's lifelong dream was to reach the summit of a...

My Klee days made me used to this. If grass is not on fire you are doing it wrong.

Close enough
latest

and for same birthday I got Honkai 3rd Natasha

I don't have a birthday twin afaik, closest is Albedo

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not losing your infusion/damage window when swapping out is a small thing on paper but it makes such a difference in practice.
Yelan didn't get enough energy to get her Burst back up? I'll just swap to her quickly when her skill is up again and go back to Arle to continue.

Thinking about it, it's probably also what I like about Navia. You can quick-swap her in and out for her skill whenever. Or keep her on-field to make use of her short post-skill infusion to get a bunch of normals or plunges off.
Neuvillette also has a bit of flexibility where you don't immediately need to pick up his balls.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Yep, that's also what I like on Navia and Neuvillette. I generally use Navia's burst to keep some crystal generation going while I switch back to the supports to renew their abilities.

Jokes on them, I don't do that anyway
tlh73qbntiob1.jpeg

(Answer: yes)

There's a Leo who is an angel in Simulated Universe but I'm not a lore freak so I don't know much context
Looked him up, it appears there's also a NPC called Leonard.

As for my birthday, I also don't have anyone lol. Closest is Amber, on August 10th.

There's a gulf between Yanfei and Amber on the calendar, goddamn Mihoyo. Fix this ASAP!

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I can understand why the usage and ownership rate is that high though, my C2 Nahida may well be the best decision I ever made for my account. I also love to see Kazuha that high, only my 2nd C2 5 star support I pulled for and it was so worth it. Amazingly fun gameplay and so damn strong. :D

Looking at my current roster I do see a few more characters I would like to C2 in the future. Furina is definitely a given and Raiden and Wanderer would probably be the DPS I would want more constellations for. As for supports, C2 Xianyun could also be a very smart choice for the future due to the insane plunge buffs she gives.

Last edited:

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
My most popular missing character is Zhong Li (yes I will be fixing that in his next rerun) and the least popular character I actually have is Shenhe, then Navia.
Zhongli is awesome, I remember last year when i pulled him I regretted it for an hour or two but once I levelled him he ended up becoming one of my favourites. I just love his design, his calm manner and the flexibility his insane shield gives. Plus he is so easy to build too for a pure shield build

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like Dehya is the rarer 5* due to being released later.

Jean is so popular. Yet, the game refuses to give me a Jean. ;_;
It was the same for me, then I got an unexpected 3 pity Albedo on the Chronicled Wish banner and the FATE point made me spend to get Jean. I still regret that and I do not regret any other top-ups for Genshin lol. Maybe I will appreciate my Jean one day. xD

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I stopped taking all the Jeans so maybe you will get her now.
Meanwhile I'm living vicariously through my wife's account since she has Chevreuse, Jean, Dehya and a cracked Arle with PJWS lol.

It was the same for me, then I got an unexpected 3 pity Albedo on the Chronicled Wish banner and the FATE point made me spend to get Jean. I still regret that and I do not regret any other top-ups for Genshin lol. Maybe I will appreciate my Jean one day. xD
That banner really seemed like a scam even worse than the weapon one since it's "every now and then". Fate point should carry over no matter what.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh yeah second account also got piece with potential from abyss so

XCkcgUu.png

Nice for an off piece since dunno who to use burning on.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Meanwhile I'm living vicariously through my wife's account since she has Chevreuse, Jean, Dehya and a cracked Arle with PJWS lol.

That banner really seemed like a scam even worse than the weapon one since it's "every now and then". Fate point should carry over no matter what.
Agree. But no sense in regrets, that Banner did get me a C1 Albedo and my Klee, two of my absolute favourite characters, so it was worth it. It was just that FATE point that was going to be lost that made me top up for Jean, which was unfortunate lol.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Wait, she can also do this?

Mind blown lol. Maybe I should finally give my C4 Keqing some love.
Yeah. Keqing, Diluc, and Noelle were the originals. But Keqing was the only one that could do it on a skill, in other words at will and nonchalantly. That's why I love playing her. You can choose when to activate the imbue. You can swap out and retain it. You can choose how many iframes you get on the burst. You can use the skill for offence, defence, or both. You can use it early to reduce the cooldown or later to chase down opponents. She arguably has an unrivaled amount of skill expression.

It's also why she works well in aggravate, because you can use her skill freely to set up the swirl before Fischl's Oz comes in without losing anything.
Yeah, not losing your infusion/damage window when swapping out is a small thing on paper but it makes such a difference in practice.
Yelan didn't get enough energy to get her Burst back up? I'll just swap to her quickly when her skill is up again and go back to Arle to continue.

Thinking about it, it's probably also what I like about Navia. You can quick-swap her in and out for her skill whenever. Or keep her on-field to make use of her short post-skill infusion to get a bunch of normals or plunges off.
Neuvillette also has a bit of flexibility where you don't immediately need to pick up his balls.
Yup, I've done that specific thing with Yelan thanks to her short E cooldown haha. I also love that Arle's infusion isn't timer based. It adds another level of flexibility to her kit that is completely unique to her.