• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft is trying to beat Google and Amazon to the punch on the game streaming business.
In 10 years dedicated console hardware will be niche.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony has all those Gaikai and Onlive patents so I wonder how much money they are going to make patent trolling all these companies.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I bet the first serious attempt at streaming-only goes the way of VR: almost, but not quite there in a way that delays it by quite a while.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
someone tell brad to start off with a wall run

and maybe pay attention to hologram guy

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I bet the first serious attempt at streaming-only goes the way of VR: almost, but not quite there in a way that delays it by quite a while.
The other problem is internet infrastructure is really bad in most of the world and even a lot of the US. Plus consumers have just got accustomed to 4K HDR. They're not gonna downgrade to streaming 1080p video.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I am not watching nor know what the trophy requirements are but given the stream's description that was posted here, I assume he might already know about the wall running bit

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
The other problem is internet infrastructure is really bad in most of the world and even a lot of the US. Plus consumers have just got accustomed to 4K HDR. They're not gonna downgrade to streaming 1080p video.
Consumers will always take the convenience (if streaming can manage it) over quality. Most people watch TV and movies on their phones now.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oh well

IeNt16l.png

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Consumers will always take the convenience (if streaming can manage it) over quality. Most people watch TV and movies on their phones now.
That certainly hasn't always been the case with people who buy consoles.

Plus, Sony at least has a vested interest in driving consumers to buy nice TVs
4K HDR netflix has the same bitrate as 1080p bluray.
Most people don't notice.
Major difference between steaming a video and a game and even then the Blu Ray still looks noticeably better.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
That certainly hasn't always been the case with people who buy consoles.

Plus, Sony at least has a vested interest in driving consumers to buy nice TVs

Major difference between steaming a video and a game and even then the Blu Ray still looks noticeably better.

If the difference is input latency I'm pretty sure they can solve it.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what of the way to solve latency with game streaming would be for then to run lines to your residence

would be weird yet cool

i can see ms partnering with a provider and doing something like that

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Does this Switch game pass rumor mean this E3 we are likely to see Nintendo at the Microsoft press conference/the other way around?

Oct 26, 2017
Just catching up on the gamepass rumour thing, wild. I can't help but think it's a better deal for Microsoft than Nintendo but I also don't know shit about shit

Status
Not open for further replies.