• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Is anyone else having problems with the site? Any video that's not on Youtube will only play for a few minutes before buffering forever. The audio podcasts do the same thing and I cannot download a single thing from the site.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else having problems with the site? Any video that's not on Youtube will only play for a few minutes before buffering forever. The audio podcasts do the same thing and I cannot download a single thing from the site.
Yeah, like half the time I play a GB video for the first time it will buffer forever. I just switched to YT for all non-Premium videos, and power through Premium ones.

I think it's a CDN thing.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching today's playdate on my tablet and no problems so far *knocks on wood* but I want to know why anything takes over a day to download.
Because they're serving you data in a really inefficient way. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether it's coming from Singapore or just through narrow wires, but that's what's happening. It gets annoying sometimes. Even flipping the bitrate to minimum if its a show that doesn't need it does not help.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
P2dCB8T.jpg
DE04A1C2AB29B93F258E87D3529DC5B66F279F25

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Vinny likes to throw out a lot of malaprops, but saying "on line" for standing in the line of a queue is easily the most insane.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Sabas Sabas!

This is a three-day raffle that will expire in 72 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Sabas said:
Just thought I'd try this out with my favorite community thread. Let's see how this goes!

These are our awesome prizes:

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
The framerate issues in Link's Awakening are really tragic. The game looks incredible but those dips feel like they've been happening like every 10 seconds.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Vinny likes to throw out a lot of malaprops, but saying "on line" for standing in the line of a queue is easily the most insane.

It isn't actually a Vinny thing. It's a New Jersey/New York thing. I used to listen to another podcast where both people were from Long Island and they both said on line. It drove me crazy, but it's just a region thing.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Finished Metro Exodus, I'd give it a light 7.

Shooting was good and the atmosphere was 10/10.

There's a decent story within the game but the voice-acting was not good. Lot's of jank in this one too but overall I had a decent time with it.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Death Stranding vid

I fucking HOWLED at "You see that mountain up there? You can climb it" coming directly after the elaborate explanation that peeing multiple times in one spot causes a mushroom to appear, then grow, and then become something special.

only kojima

what a legend

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

I fucking HOWLED at "You see that mountain up there? You can climb it" coming directly after the elaborate explanation that peeing multiple times in one spot causes a mushroom to appear, then grow, and then become something special.

Jeff and Brad's reaction to it is amazing.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands

only kojima

what a legend
Going to watch this when I finish DS.
I´m getting it anyway so not spoiling myself but this video sounds like fun :D

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Finished Metro Exodus, I'd give it a light 7.

Shooting was good and the atmosphere was 10/10.

There's a decent story within the game but the voice-acting was not good. Lot's of jank in this one too but overall I had a decent time with it.

Are we talking English or Russian VA? I only ask because I played the first 2 with the Russian voice option and presume the option is there in Exodus.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Played 3 dungeons in LA yesterday and kinda got used to the performance.
Maybe it's because the game is fucking guud, first time playing it and it's shocking how good of a sequel to ALttP they managed to make on the gameboy.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize the iPod touch got a refresh this year. I was just thinking that Apple should bring it back as a gaming+music combo device with Apple Arcade. Would consider getting a 2020 model if it works well with all the games.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. I don't get the market for the iPod touch. If you have an iPhone just use your iPhone, and if you're on Android you can mostly do the same things.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I dunno. I don't get the market for the iPod touch. If you have an iPhone just use your iPhone, and if you're on Android you can mostly do the same things.
It's for kids who don't have smartphones, or at least it used to be.
They're way cheaper and do all the same stuff minus data. I had one and a dumbphone late in high school because I couldn't afford an iPhone

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm imagining a new touch with no cameras so it could have a bezeless screen with lighting ports at the top and bottom to attach joy-con style controllers to.

An even further, less likely to ever happen extension, would be to have a gaming version of iOS that hides the app store side of things (mainly for kids) so nothing like Twitter or Gmail can be installed. An OS with the Arcade storefront and I guess Apple Music in this case.

Maybe even an Apple Music + Arcade discount sub!

It could be a neat device if they put effort into it!

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bought untitled-witled goosey gamey for my switchey witchey instead of my pooter ooter cuz it seems more suited for it

h-honk~

edit: just realized the switch lite doesn't have auto-brightness

someone take control of a goose and steal it away from me

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm one of the few people who hates Auto brightness.

I've gotten so used to it, but it can be finicky on certain devices, from my experience. Like my Pixel 3a is very jarring when it changes brightness suddenly while the iPhone 7 I just had would gradually change it over 10 seconds or so.

The Switch Lite screen was off to me and that was because the brightness was on full blast haha. I'm curious to see if I prefer control over the auto as I may try it on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.