What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for January 31st. Hamilton and the final episodes of BoJack Horseman on the same day. Not sure which I like more.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
tf when someone sends you an "URGENT!!!!" email request at 11:48 on a saturday but wont check their emails or reply to your messages so you cant complete their urgent task...

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
there was a hi-larious part in the free overwatch panel where Jeff Kaplan talks about the shitty experience of the new shooter sequel coming out and losing your progress from the last game having to start all over again and he suggests the game he's referring to is "space marine 3"

but it's cod you're talking about cod Jeffrey, you know, activision's cod

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I like how the Vex music sometimes just sounds like computers crashing and the rest of the time it's a theremin.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
there was a hi-larious part in the free overwatch panel where Jeff Kaplan talks about the shitty experience of the new shooter sequel coming out and losing your progress from the last game having to start all over again and he suggests the game he's referring to is "space marine 3"

but it's cod you're talking about cod Jeffrey, you know, activision's cod
But what happened to Space Marine 2

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
But what happened to Space Marine 2
220px-Warhammer_40000_Space_Marine_cover.jpg

but with a 2 on it.

Please, Relic, please make this.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
"seemed to be" is doing a lot of work there. She just straight up doesn't seem to care or understand the game's politics yet judges it harshly for them because she thinks they're bad. No one else seems to care either and the discussion about it always sucks.

I hope Vinny ends up liking it because that would bring me joy.

If you spec in certain strength traits you're pushed into becoming a misogynistic fascist and some of the first characters you meet use homophobic slurs or believe in Phrenology. Whilst I think the game generally does a good job at criticising some of those aspects in pretty hilarious ways and the leanings of the developer are pretty clear if you want to engage with them, if you simply don't want to engage with them then you're not going to get to that point. Abby clearly fell under the latter which is a totally understandable stance to have.

Anyway that wasn't even my point which was clearly there was a huge difference to them not wanting to engage with the edgy narrative of DR and outright laughing at the embarrassing writing from DS.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why you're going to such lengths to defend a bad take. You can watch her engage with the game in the quick look or hear her talk about why she's not into it on two separate beast casts.

We don't have to make up reasons why. Also, part of my initial point was that she doesn't care shout engaging with the game but criticizes it for things unfairly as if she's an authority in it.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why you're going to such lengths to defend a bad take. You can watch her engage with the game in the quick look or hear her talk about why she's not into it on two separate beast casts.

We don't have to make up reasons why. Also, part of my initial point was that she doesn't care shout engaging with the game but criticizes it for things unfairly as if she's an authority in it.
why do you care so much what a person thinks about a video game

Any cheapish Switch recommendations?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's unreasonable or flippant to get turned off from a game's style of writing, especially when that's the tone it starts you off with. Like, I haven't played NTWTF, but not giving signposting for the 'path' you're taking can easily be a turn-off for a lot of people.

It's OK for a person to not like the same thing as you.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
why do you care so much what a person thinks about a video game
I have expressed reasonable frustration regarding GB's lackluster coverage of one of the best games of the year. In the Giant Bomb OT at that.

Where do I get off?!
It's OK for a person to not like the same thing as you.
Yeah that's fine. I just think GB has done a bad job covering DE overall.

If Abby "got" the game and still didn't like it, yeah whatever. But misrepresenting it and then saying it sucks anyway is tough to listen to.

Last edited:

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Still Destiny, huh?

You'd think they'd get to more games than your average UPF in almost 8 hours, but here we are.

Oct 25, 2017
I was quite surprised that neither Vinny nor Alex could get into it. Not even sure if the Fight Club comparison is fair!?
Haven't played DE myself yet, but it's always a shame when a game like that comes along and none of them have much to say about it.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I was gonna say, I'd buy Space Marine 2 in a fucking heartbeat, which is more than I can say for any sequel to Blizzard's knock off straight to DVD 40K variant.
That game never got the respect it deserved. What a fun time that thing was.

I appreciate the restraint, too. They could have gone maximum stupid with it but only went partway stupid.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Disco Elysium people are the new Rick and Morty people good night
Someone's prediction earlier in this thread said DE is going to go through the same thing as Undertale with people getting burned out on the game because of its fanbase, and I suspect that's true. And I say that as someone who'd consider both of those game as some of my favorites ever.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Space Marine is great
And if you bought the collectors edition you have an easy way to make a bunch of bootleg purity seals 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.