• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't understand why you're going to such lengths to defend a bad take. You can watch her engage with the game in the quick look or hear her talk about why she's not into it on two separate beast casts.

We don't have to make up reasons why. Also, part of my initial point was that she doesn't care shout engaging with the game but criticizes it for things unfairly as if she's an authority in it.

I've just listened to the Beastcast and haven't seen the Quicklook so maybe something radically changes with how she talks about the game there. In the context of the Beastcast talk you seem to be intent of claiming that she's misunderstanding whilst ignoring genuine issues she has?

Otherwise I'm actually trying to outline her points where are you aren't. So I guess I shouldn't be going to such lengths to debate somebody's bad takes.

Though I don't think she thinks she's an authority on it much like Dan doesn't think he's an arbiter on if DS is good or not.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Brad is so jolly just watching numbers go up in Destiny. Its a shame he just checks out when other games are going on

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I've just listened to the Beastcast and haven't seen the Quicklook so maybe something radically changes with how she talks about the game there. In the context of the Beastcast talk you seem to be intent of claiming that she's misunderstanding whilst ignoring genuine issues she has?

Otherwise I'm actually trying to outline her points where are you aren't. So I guess I shouldn't be going to such lengths to debate somebody's bad takes.

Though I don't think she thinks she's an authority on it much like Dan doesn't think he's an arbiter on if DS is good or not.
She says on the beast cast around 1:11

"I have very little interest in a game that lets you be racist or sexist. I appreciate why you might do that I guess but I think for me I don't want to ever cater to that type of audience or even have anyone explore that kind of fantasy"

She's heavily implying that this game is catering to racists and sexists (basically gamer gators) by allowing players to explore those dialogue options. It's not only a profound misunderstanding of the game but I also think it's kinda fucked to just throw that accusation out there without a shred of evidence. Especially to an actually well written and insightful game from a left wing perspective.

And no, the game doesn't force you to ever be racist or sexist. If you continually choose racist or sexist options then the game will adapt, I believe. But still, it quite obviously does not condone these views.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Brad is so jolly just watching numbers go up in Destiny. Its a shame he just checks out when other games are going on

Look, if you're killing the same Vex Hydra you were fighting since the start of Destiny 1 and your numbers are still going up it's still engaging!

She says on the beast cast around 1:11

"I have very little interest in a game that lets you be racist or sexist. I appreciate why you might do that I guess but I think for me I don't want to ever cater to that type of audience or even have anyone explore that kind of fantasy"

She's heavily implying that this game is catering to racists and sexists (basically gamer gators) by allowing players to explore those dialogue options. It's not only a profound misunderstanding of the game but I also think it's kinda fucked to just throw that accusation out there without a shred of evidence. Especially to an actually well written and insightful game from a left wing perspective.

I feel like that was what I was specifically talking about? The game lets you play as a misogynist fascist and if somebody rejects the choices because they find it too abhorrent they'll never see how it handles them. It's a fair criticism as somebody who loves those elements. Shit like your own internal logic instantly pointing out "Uh... fascism sounds bad. Let's go with nationalism! Yeah, we're just a nationalist!" or you character recoiling at the sight of 'effeminate hairstyles' to the fact it almost takes a toll on their well being is fucking hilarious. I think early on when you can pick racist options with somebody your talking to, tell your partner that you were just trying to get on their good side for info, then have your subconscious suggest (not explicitly say like Kojima would) that you would have never done that if you weren't actually racist was both harrowing and excellent writing.

At the same time I wouldn't have seen any of that if I wasn't super curious over how they handled it. If I went in blind I could have seen myself seeing it all as being utterly off-putting. It's both something that can be criticised but is also one of the games biggest strengths and it wouldn't be such a big strength if it was handled in a safer way.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these takes for Dragonball are terrible holy shit (Best Dad being Piccolo and Vegeta is fine).

Also the only Trunks that matters was Future and he already had his second arc. Goten and Current Trunks get jack shit

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
west can play through all of it now so east can go straight to 3 later this month

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Yakuza Kiwami - Won by efr efr (14 entries)

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the rest of the crew will pushback on Dan when he inevitably tries to make Death Stranding the most disappointing game of the year.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I'm assuming this Beastcast is the crew shitting on Death Stranding and Dan being especially obstinate?
no? Alex and Vinny finished it and both have very mixed feelings, especially on the story, but don't dislike it, Dan hates and is very disappointed, Abby bounced off of it cuz of the story but liked aspects of the exploration, Bakalar played a bit but isn't especially eager to go back hearing Alex and Vinny's late game/ending feelings

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
This. Reminds me of how when Driveclub released, some reviewers said "It lacks soul" and hated it. What is "soul"? Is it... what makes it unique...? Or... what makes it the same as other games?
They implied it was NOT like other games, so it lacked soul. Confusing to say the least.

"Soul"... they mean "Another games soul", ie, what you said about formula. They dont want unique, they dont want new, they want... what we always get. And then say "Ohhh yeah, next gen is the same thing with prettier graphics"... here we are, as society, shitting on unique every chance we get.

DS... well, here alot of them say they aren't feeling it... so... were they expecting it to be like something else? It wasn't... and by default, reviewers cant enjoy it? Weird
giphy.gif

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding asks a profound question about us, and delivers a truly soul rending answer.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

May 5, 2018
Rorie's Spelunky Jetpack song. I want him to sing that all of the time!

Also Brad apparently has Fire Emblem. Noice! And it sounds like he's leaning towards Golden Deer. #FeartheDeer

Twin Tails

Oct 25, 2017
rando
i got a 60percent mini keyboard
wanted one but that shit is way too tiny af
That's more a Ben thing. Ben's memory when it comes to Dragon Ball is... bad. When Fighterz was announced at E3 he said that Gotenks was a fusion of Gohan and Trunks and that Goten was Gohan's son.
he didnt even know ss3 vs ss4

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
All right... I have finished re-installing Windows on my brand new M.2 drive... Time to redownload hundreds of gb of games!

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
FFXIV might be the most unwatchable game of all time? 80% of the screen is meters and text.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I've pretty much entirely drifted away from Giant Bomb #content in recent months, but dropping into the Extra Life stream and finding Ben & Jan playing the FFXIV Nier raid and talking sports anime makes me really want to get back in, lol. This is awesome.

"Kingdom Hearts is exactly like wrestling. Hear me out here."

I wanted to catch up in time for this Nier stuff in FFXIV, but that 150-hour prologue was too much for me to take, I finished it but was too burned out to continue.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Ben deciding to get into wrestling because of Undertale and Rick and Morty

Never tell me undertale is good again

Status
Not open for further replies.