• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2018
Gotta say, after reading some more reviews of Pokémon Sword and Shield, I think despite the game's shortcomings I'd probably enjoy the game as a Pokémon game again. Still won't pay 60 bucks for it and currently my space on my huge Switch card is full, but I'd probably enjoy it as a game to play Pokémon again since I haven't played one since Ruby. Looking back sure many Pokémon got cut but I think I've figured out what I'd get as a Party and be pretty happy. My party would probably be:
  • Grookey Line
  • Arcanine (best dog making a return)
  • Galarian Wheezing
  • SirFetch'd
  • Yamper line (if Yamper evolves)
  • Cramorant (I love Cormorants and that's cool they made a Pokémon after this bird)

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I know that Jeff is talking about making a Spotify playlist of the 80s songs... Anybody knows if someone created one for Google Play Music?

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
vbMd3t7.png

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Ranking of Pokemon, all 890 of them.

I'm more than ok with Jan being the only one who knows anything about Pokemon in this discussion.

May 5, 2018
So I just beat my first playthrough of Later Alligator. What an adorable and cute little game that is. And a good number of minigames are really amusing and pretty hilarious. Some of my favorites weren't featured in the Quick Look which is a good sign that they weren't showing the best minigames (though Tall Jared's puzzle was great). But I'd recommend getting the game yourself and seeing some of the pretty hilarious minigames here. Plus the ending I got was just freaking cute!

What seems pretty dang great about Later Alligator is that it encourages you to go back out to Alligator New York City and speak to more gators after your first playthrough to get more Family pictures and play their minigames and there are 2 other endings I didn't get yet. Just saying, Later Alligator is the Wandersong of 2019. Both are charming and solid indies that have unorthodox gameplay styles that work, great writing and admirable (though very different) artstyles and its a shame nobody has played either.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagining paying to watch the game awards and being trapped in a room for the duration. And then also having a 120 minute movie attached to it.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
oh my god i just checked how long i've been playing death stranding

i just hit 70 hours

and i just got to episode 6

and instead of progressing to whatever insanity people have been talking about for this part of the game..

i spent an hour just climbing to the very highest mountain peak using only a couple of ladders because why the fuck not

fell a couple of times but thankfully not to my death. i don't think i've ever felt such peril doing anything else in a video game! and i did all that with no reward in mind! i just wanted to climb the mountain range!

i'm interested in seeing where the story goes because episode 6 does start with plenty of intrigue, but it's really the systems and mechanics that have me hooked.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit... I was doing that MGS5 mission where you have to destroy like 6-7 tanks and I failed it once so I retried it and then I died with only one of the last "bonus tanks" left to destroy. There was a checkpoint before the bonus tanks so not too bad but I was out of time on my lunch break so I will have to restart it from scratch (for a third time) tonight...bleh

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I'm still pretty early on, but there's a number of shots in Death Stranding that start at someone's feet and then pans up. I know Kojima is a movie buff, but maybe he needs to understand that is kind of unique to Tarantino and not something he needs to emulate.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God dammit... I was doing that MGS5 mission where you have to destroy like 6-7 tanks and I failed it once so I retried it and then I died with only one of the last "bonus tanks" left to destroy. There was a checkpoint before the bonus tanks so not too bad but I was out of time on my lunch break so I will have to restart it from scratch (for a third time) tonight...bleh
This takes me back. I enjoyed the gameplay so much, I got every achievement in that game. Some of the missions were a massive pain in the ass.

Oct 27, 2017
That missions is where I realized MGS5 was a trash game with nothing interesting to show me in terms of gameplay. Destroy some tanks in a time limit.... smh.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh the mission where kojima's domination fetish was wrestling with his I spit on your grave fetish?

Is kojima aroused by cbt or does he have castration anxiety? you be the judge

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about Achievements this morning... Haven't had a chance to check yet but are there any bullshit online FOB related achievements or it's all SP?
I think there was one very easy FOB achievement? I'm not 100% on that. The online stuff was not a issue for me.

One thing were you might be screwed, though, is that for one achievement you had to build a nuke and it needed a shit load of materials. When the game first came out this was not a big deal as there was a farming spot that might well have since been patched. Doing it the 'legit' way sounded as it would take a long ass time.

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats!!!

Wow... Fuck 7 hours of interview... That's brutal... Mind if I ask what kind of job that require that process?
IT System Engineer/Consultant. Working for a small company. It was actually more like 8 now that I think. First was a phone call that took about 45 minutes. Then in-person where I met with everyone and they asked me about my background and had me run through a test scenario. Then I came back for another in-person where I did a 10 page test to assess my tech knowledge followed by being provided a broken laptop to fix, then ANOTHER set of scenarios.

It was definitely a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.