• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2019
I've never been a horror/ survival horror person. I've always hated those games, but I appreciated what they were. I remember buying the original Resident Evil when it came out and thinking it was going to be more actiony. So when I played it and hated it so much, I just ended up giving it to my best friend. Over the years I've stayed away from that genre like the plauge, but something in me wanted to try the RE2 Remake last year when it came out. I was scared out of my mind half of the time, but still ended up being in my top 10. I haven't watched the trailer for 3 yet (I usually never watch trailers, I'd rather just experience the thing and not spoil anything for myself), but I am really excited for RE 3 remake... like stupidly excited.

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
U1orl2km.png

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been a horror/ survival horror person. I've always hated those games, but I appreciated what they were. I remember buying the original Resident Evil when it came out and thinking it was going to be more actiony. So when I played it and hated it so much, I just ended up giving it to my best friend. Over the years I've stayed away from that genre like the plauge, but something in me wanted to try the RE2 Remake last year when it came out. I was scared out of my mind half of the time, but still ended up being in my top 10. I haven't watched the trailer for 3 yet (I usually never watch trailers, I'd rather just experience the thing and not spoil anything for myself), but I am really excited for RE 3 remake... like stupidly excited.
The old RE3 was more action based than the previous titles, so I wonder if that'll play a part in the remake. RE2 had more action in the Remake as well so I would expect the same.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Joeku <3

it's true, and I should say it

I was going to say that fortnite has reached the point in its life where it is now leaning in to being as lame as possible but I don't know if I actually believe that
Thanks, buddy.

And speaking of FFXIV I have finished my 2019 games, so...

wOeuPiy.png

...here we go. Thanks again to Sabas for enabling me.

Also does anyone have any thoughts as to maybe playing it with a controller? Does it make much of a difference to how it feels?

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I only play on a controller and, while it'll take time to get used to and set thing up in a way that makes sense to you, ffxiv on a controller works shockingly well

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
DS wasn't barren at all when I finished it a week ago.

Brad would be better off seeing the game for himself instead of relying on the overblown whining coming from the Giant Bomb echo chamber.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

So I learned about this last night in the weirdest possible way lol.

I was watching an Elite Dangerous Twitch stream and her stream ended and transitionned automatically to a different channel where she plays a weekly DnD game with other streamers so I catched the intro of their stream and one of the player is a voice actress in CSD3 and talked about it lol.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright I'ma give that a shot before I get too used to M/KB. Should be interesting to play an MMO this way.

I've only ever used a controller for it but love it. Make sure to enable cross hotbar. x-bar? Something like that, it's a bit deep in the settings but it lets you access different abilities depending on in which order you press the triggers. So like hold left trigger and press right trigger can be one set, and then hold right trigger and press left trigger can be another. Gives you access to all your abilities in a really intuitive and convenient way.

Oct 29, 2019
A Breaking Brad not featuring a souls game is such a breath of fresh air. The one from a couple years ago, where he played through the first Mario game, no warps was so enjoyable and fun to watch. I hope it's the same thing with Mario 2 (the real Mario 2, not Mario USA)

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

Could not be more excited for this.

I've only ever used a controller for it but love it. Make sure to enable cross hotbar. x-bar? Something like that, it's a bit deep in the settings but it lets you access different abilities depending on in which order you press the triggers. So like hold left trigger and press right trigger can be one set, and then hold right trigger and press left trigger can be another. Gives you access to all your abilities in a really intuitive and convenient way.
Yeah I saw that. I don't have enough abilities yet for that to matter but in time I'll make use of it if I stick with the controller.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I hope so, because I really enjoyed the Remake of 2. Maybe it's just the Arcade kid in me, but I've always gravitated to more of an action based type of gameplay.

The original 3 is only considered way more action oriented because of the weapon you get immediately on Easy and the amount of enemies the game throws at you in the beginning that you can just mow down. I wonder how many have actually played on Hard (Normal) rather than Easy. I've always thought Easy was way more action oriented while Hard (Normal) was a bit more action oriented than 2.

I think people who are expecting REmake 3 to be RE4 levels of action are going to be dissapointed. I bet it'll be REmake 2's 4th Survivor amount of enemies from the start. It doesn't look like you'll be starting the game with a machine gun unless they put that crap back in Easy mode.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
where the fuck is the gerstmann fortnite skin

2649883-2649513-49711nvjrl.gif

all the kids love the gerstmann and love to do the gerstmann dance

0uVP7go.gif

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
A Breaking Brad not featuring a souls game is such a breath of fresh air. The one from a couple years ago, where he played through the first Mario game, no warps was so enjoyable and fun to watch. I hope it's the same thing with Mario 2 (the real Mario 2, not Mario USA)
It was good, that's why it's a bummer it is again Mario. It can never be better than the original.
Souls BB was and is still fantastic to watch, as much as Völgarr.

Oct 29, 2019
It was good, that's why it's a bummer it is again Mario. It can never be better than the original.
Souls BB was and is still fantastic to watch, as much as Völgarr.
It doesn't need to be better than the original. That's was enjoyable about Giant Bomb, it's when it's them just playing games and hanging out and having fun discussions. I feel that the game doesn't matter as much, but when it is varied, that is where it becomes much more interesting. when they did the Bloodborne stuff, it just got stale and boring to watch half of the time. As long as they hang out and talk, and there is some progression, it really doesn't matter what game they play. But I do enjoy watching Brad play through Mario games.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
It doesn't need to be better than the original. That's was enjoyable about Giant Bomb, it's when it's them just playing games and hanging out and having fun discussions. I feel that the game doesn't matter as much, but when it is varied, that is where it becomes much more interesting. when they did the Bloodborne stuff, it just got stale and boring to watch half of the time. As long as they hang out and talk, and there is some progression, it really doesn't matter what game they play. But I do enjoy watching Brad play through Mario games.
But they hung out and had fun discussions during Bloodborne also. I think the other folks in the room matter as much, that's why Völgarr was so good. Pressured Brad and discussions about aliens, movies and quantum physics. I think we agree but one does like Mario more than the other ;)

Oct 29, 2019
But they hung out and had fun discussions during Bloodborne also. I think the other folks in the room matter as much, that's why Völgarr was so good. Pressured Brad and discussions about aliens, movies and quantum physics. I think we agree but one does like Mario more than the other ;)
Most, if not all the Bloodborne was just Brad, and Jason though. And Jason isn't exactly a well of interesting conversations, unless its anime.

Oct 29, 2019
I feel kinda sorry for Jaffe, but I don't understand how he can be so thin-skinned after literal decades in the industry.
I agree, he created some great games in the past. Over the last few years though, he seems bitter and hell bent to burn every bridge and all goodwill for no reason. He's acting like a child, picking fights when nothing was really said. But since his behavior has been so terrible lately, people are starting to turn on him (rightly so) and now he's reacting to the bad things people are saying about him, and it's just this weird cycle. The dude either just needs to try and act professional, or just not say anything nice at all.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Jaffe in acting like an ass, but it seems the only reason he's brought up anymore is as an easy punching bag or joke. I can sort of understand why that would be grating, even if it doesn't excuse the behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.