• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 12, 2019
Given that Nintendo does everything it can to curse Paper Mario as a franchise, I look forward to seeing how they disappoint the Youtuber who uses that puppet (and also me) this time.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Playing the Switch port of FF7 (first time playing the game) and man these pre-rendered backgrounds are hideous and indecipherable. Only 4 or so hours in and have already had multiple platforming sections. The game does have a lot of charm to it, though.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
As always, review threads are some of the worst things in this place and bring out the worst in people. The FF7R one is gonna be a burning dumpster.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
The last review I used to form a purchase on anything gaming related was 19 years ago from some guy named Jeff Gerstmann for some game called Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Wait wasn't that the guy that gave Twilight Princess 8.8? I'm glad he got fired.

TcLKMrQRbymhMGz6mBjad2GuwQlQT7Gn92m9Y3twmcT7jYfmYWCAs7tH56mNDHrUwvqM-3GFM-x7j5X-QqPwgS733QnkXiOhRwQUapVwpJxz

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
At least it will never stop being funny to see Nintendo fans' hard pivot in recent years regarding their stance on the purity of Nintendo's games against the scourge of DLC, IAP, paid online, remasters, patches, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt I'll bother with RE3. The RE2 remake release was a special kinda of moment where everyone needed to play it. I didn't even play the game with both characters so I don't see a need to play the 3 remake. No interest in FF7 either.

I genuinely don't even think this year has many games I'm super interested in.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I love FF7 and loved the demo but I don't think i'll get it now, it seems like it's not gonna be super long (we already know it's only Midgar, but they'll probably pad it out with uninteresting stuff).

I can't really afford a 70€ digital game right now, i'll probably get it once stores re-open and I can trade in some stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Services has been upgraded and Isabelle is here :D

Also new music :O :O :O

But on the other hand i now owe Tom Nook 350k bells and he wants me to pick cotton build a camping site with my materials i had earned 🤦‍♂️

It's not even reviews themselves, it's people losing all critical thought and turning into dipshit hot take machines because it's time to get opinions validated!

Its very embarrassing especially when they haven't even played the fucking thing yet but are arguing to a person who had but didn't like it.

I also don't take much stock with what a reviewer says anymore either 🤷‍♂️

Oct 25, 2017
I think the only game left this year I want is FF7R. Though, I doubt I'll receive it at launch since I want a physical copy.

It's not a big deal. I can wait. And I'd rather read spoilers about any bad changes that were made before I play so I can prepare myself for being mad at a video game.

In the meantime, I've been getting an urge to play Kotor again. That is if I can get this dang widescreen mod to work properly.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I think the only game left this year I want is FF7R. Though, I doubt I'll receive it at launch since I want a physical copy.

It's not a big deal. I can wait. And I'd rather read spoilers about any bad changes that were made before I play so I can prepare myself for being mad at a video game.

In the meantime, I've been getting an urge to play Kotor again. That is if I can get this dang widescreen mod to work properly.
I remember having to download some other program to trick KOTOR into doing borderless widescreen or something but that was years ago.
They never updated KOTOR 1 with all the stuff they added in the new version of KOTOR 2 did they?

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't get how Capcom could cut parts of RE3 if they were going for a straight remake with almost no new features. Did they just rush it out the door?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Okay I take it back, review threads are good. I went back around to the other side and am now enjoying the lunacy. It's some old nintendoggiestyle/moist as dudes stuff.

I just don't get how Capcom could cut parts of RE3 if they were going for a straight remake with almost no new features. Did they just rush it out the door?
I'm guessing they have bigger projects for next gen and this was relatively rushed to capitalize on how well RE2 was received.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I spent an obscene amount of time yesterday just picking up a moving around trees and flowers, I went through all the fruit and coconuts in my town lmao

also had some good island trips and made more than enough bells to pay off my second bridge
and got these two fine friends on my island and completely ignored three animals I encountered on islands that I absolutely did not want living with me

latest
latest

Fake Edit:
oh god Tex's name in the japanese version is BORUTO I've actually been cursed 😔
Tex is even worse than Bob. Congrats loser

May 5, 2018
Man those Super Mario Remasters sounds pretty awesome! I hope that's true. Would like to beat Super Mario 64 someday and even try out Super Mario Galaxy 2 if that's in the cards.

Meanwhile, an Animal Crossing update on the isle of Nuthatch:
  • Isabelle and the Resident Center are finally here! Got Isabelle to set up the flag and we had an opening ceremony.
  • Talked to Nook about isle infrastructure. I chose to make a 2nd bridge so so our villagers can access the east side of the island. And I spent a tiny amount of OH NO OVER 129,000 BELLS! Now I got work my way out of debt again!
  • Went to an Nook Miles island and the only new fish to add to the museum were bluegills. I also literally cane away with only 89 stones, one away from building my stone arch which I felt sad at first, but I had stones lying around a beach and I had enough.
  • Built a Stone Arch around the museum exterior as well as planted some flowers to give the museum an organic entrance.
  • Also WHOA the new Nook Miles purchases are overwhelming for island decorating. Bought a jungle gym and an elephant slide to build a play park around the island. But I have plans for a football field and high elevated water spring.

Oct 27, 2017
Like... Cyberpunk 2077 is the only game on the docket for this year that I'll guarantee play. Both PS4 games are a no go as I have no interest in playing video games on a base PS4 in the year 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember having to download some other program to trick KOTOR into doing borderless widescreen or something but that was years ago.
They never updated KOTOR 1 with all the stuff they added in the new version of KOTOR 2 did they?
I might try that and see if that works better. I'm using the universal widescreen patcher which worked the last time I played kotor, but that was a good six years ago at least. I can get it to play, but the prerendered cutscenes crash the game if I don't quickly skip them.

Doesn't seem like it. The highest resolution in the options is 1600x1200.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Okay I take it back, review threads are good. I went back around to the other side and am now enjoying the lunacy. It's some old nintendoggiestyle/moist as dudes stuff.

I'm guessing they have bigger projects for next gen and this was relatively rushed to capitalize on how well RE2 was received.
I don't know what is cut/changed outside of no mercs, I don't want to know (please no one say anything lol) but I remember Dusk Golem saying they were being worked on at the same time.
I don't think it's being rushed out since both RE2 and 3 were and have been done well before release.
I remember 2 was supposed to be 2018 (I think it was Dusk who said the game was done when it was revealed) but was delayed to 2019 because of the anniversary of 2.
3 was practically finished when it was announced, they said so on one of the streams for the game.

May 5, 2018
Also I know there is a tool to import images online into ACNH as custom designs. But is there a way to import music as an island tune? Because I want the 47 second mark of this Xhibit classic to be my island anthem:

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Services has been upgraded and Isabelle is here :D

Also new music :O :O :O

But on the other hand i now owe Tom Nook 350k bells and he wants me to pick cotton build a camping site with my materials i had earned 🤦‍♂️
Just wait until he starts charging you so that he can sell land to new animals that want to move in.